Lydelby Housing On-Use Decoration Items not working

Vivvienne1296

Apologies if this has been covered already. I've noticed in my Lydelby house that the Shrewmouse House, the Tasty Patch of Herbs and the Public Outside are not showing their animations. I hear the shrew, but I don't see the shrew. I hear the chicken from the Outhouse, but no chicken is visible. To be clear, they did work properly when I placed them originally in the house, shrew, snail, and the various outhouse characters appeared as intended.

Anyone have this happen in the last couple of weeks, or know if it's being fixed?

Lorianna

Apologies if this has been covered already. I've noticed in my Lydelby house that the Shrewmouse House, the Tasty Patch of Herbs and the Public Outside are not showing their animations. I hear the shrew, but I don't see the shrew. I hear the chicken from the Outhouse, but no chicken is visible. To be clear, they did work properly when I placed them originally in the house, shrew, snail, and the various outhouse characters appeared as intended.

Anyone have this happen in the last couple of weeks, or know if it's being fixed?
same with the Hedgehog Burrow. Sometimes they come out, sometimes they are at the ceiling and often they don't come at all, a problem just inside Lyndelby houses.

YamyDeAragon

Student of Lady Galadriel

All the critters, steeds, & NPCs that i have set
at my Lyndelby house, be spawn from on use items or permanently displayed, are showing both indoors & outdoors. I recommend you to check if the items you set are partially underground or too close to walls. That may cause the critters to spawn midway the surfaces & because that not visible.

Lorianna

All the critters, steeds, & NPCs that i have set
at my Lyndelby house, be spawn from on use items or permanently displayed, are showing both indoors & outdoors. I recommend you to check if the items you set are partially underground or too close to walls. That may cause the critters to spawn midway the surfaces & because that not visible.
That might be the problem because the ceilings are low, but I can't move the burrow, that would destroy the whole setting and ambience of that room which took me weeks to do. One should be able to expect an on-use item that is not moved up/down to work properly.

YamyDeAragon

That might be the problem because the ceilings are low, but I can't move the burrow, that would destroy the whole setting and ambience of that room which took me weeks to do. One should be able to expect an on-use item that is not moved up/down to work properly.
You can always RP that you have a critters infestation err occupation, inside your ceiling!

Vivvienne1296

Thank you for the response YamydeAragon; I moved them around a bit inside, still no critters. Outside these items work as intended. Will continue to fiddle around, maybe put in a ticket.
Lorianna, I hear you. When you've got a certain setting going on, it's hard to disrupt that look. If I find out anything else I'll let you know.

Lorianna

Thank you for the response YamydeAragon; I moved them around a bit inside, still no critters. Outside these items work as intended. Will continue to fiddle around, maybe put in a ticket.
Lorianna, I hear you. When you've got a certain setting going on, it's hard to disrupt that look. If I find out anything else I'll let you know.
Thank you. I think it's the low ceiling but to move the burrow further toward the middle beats the purpose of the setting. And bug reports take forever.

Vivvienne1296

The snail works since I moved it almost to the middle of the room. The shrewmouse house is the same. As long as they in the middle or close to middle of a room, they work. I just put the Public Outhouse outside. Did not want outhouse in the middle of a room, lol.
Thanks again, Viv

Lorianna

The snail works since I moved it almost to the middle of the room. The shrewmouse house is the same. As long as they in the middle or close to middle of a room, they work. I just put the Public Outhouse outside. Did not want outhouse in the middle of a room, lol.
Thanks again, Viv
Tried the outhouse in my yard area inside, it doesn't work either. It works great as a shed, but it was disappointing not to get the visitors. I need something besides vines that is big enough to cover these big round doors. Maybe I try the chicken house instead of the burrow, since they are out all the time.

YamyDeAragon

Tried the outhouse in my yard area inside, it doesn't work either. It works great as a shed, but it was disappointing not to get the visitors. I need something besides vines that is big enough to cover these big round doors. Maybe I try the chicken house instead of the burrow, since they are out all the time.
There are 2 near identical looking outhouses at LOTRO.
Only 1 acquired with figments, spawn NPCs or critters when you knock at the door. Do you have the 1 acquired at Dale, Northern Strongholds or the 1 acquired with figments?

EnragedPrawn

I have found that this sort of decoration only works in the areas of Lyndelby houses that have higher ceilings. The same issue occurs with other houses with lower ceilings - I spent quite a while trying to adjust the position of a Gondorian Supplier Horn in one of the smaller Bree houses to prevent the supplier from spawning in the ceiling, and nothing worked. She's still useable, you just have to use the keyboard to select her. Fishing also requires overhead clearance.

Lorianna

Right now, I think Lyndelby housing is a bust, decorative walls don't line up properly either and no mobile yard hook which makes lower yard items invisible or eaten by grass. Will not even start decorating the kin house, probably just sell it.

EnragedPrawn

Right now, I think Lyndelby housing is a bust, decorative walls don't line up properly either and no mobile yard hook which makes lower yard items invisible or eaten by grass. Will not even start decorating the kin house, probably just sell it.
Decorative walls don't line up in a lot of places - it seems to be scaling the wall surfaces to fit the house. (Not unreasonable - it makes the wall surfaces more generally useful.) You have to choose a wall surface that doesn't have any elements that would make the disparity obvious. I actually started decorating my kin house but gave up when I realized that the lack of mobile yard hooks was going to make it impossible to do what I wanted with the yard. I do like the small Lyndelby houses, but the larger ones just feel awkward to me.

Lorianna

Decorative walls don't line up in a lot of places - it seems to be scaling the wall surfaces to fit the house. (Not unreasonable - it makes the wall surfaces more generally useful.) You have to choose a wall surface that doesn't have any elements that would make the disparity obvious. I actually started decorating my kin house but gave up when I realized that the lack of mobile yard hooks was going to make it impossible to do what I wanted with the yard. I do like the small Lyndelby houses, but the larger ones just feel awkward to me.
I bought a larger smial because it's closest to the kinhouse. I blocked of the bottom part and some on the top and it seems manageable now. Hunting nets work great as curtains and vines add a nice, covering division in my inside yard room. I wish the tents could be entered because that was my first idea to separate my bedroom.
I have already put a lot of thought and work into this home so will not let that go. You're right though that the small are the best.