Legendary Items with 0% Legacies

dlzh

Hi everyone, I haven't logged in and played for a while, and I suspect the legacy system was overhauled again (I am an original lifetime member from pre-release...so I confuse the changes a bit). I'm seeing that my legendary items all have 0% for their legacy bonuses (which is why I'm intensely weak now). Could someone point me to a reference on what I need to do and review to get familiar with the newer system? I found some references about a new system online, but I could not confirm the problem (i.e., the 0% bonuses) was part of it.

Thanks in advance!

LadyLakes

the old LI's are not much use anymore but there is supposed to be a way to disenchant them to receive to things that you can use to upgrade some new LI's in the game but i can't remember how to do that if you have not done it before

Maryna

Comment on the "help" video:

Don't appraisal all at once and risk over capping Ancient Script. Shows a lack of cap currency managment. Questing finds going to waste.
Starting with a huge over-cap shows poor understanding of the system.
Appraising one level below the next LI range is not helpful as all gains are mostly superceeded soon after.
Shows how poorly the valar tokens serve players being one level short of the new rank.
Investing in Cyan Traceries for 101 at 105 is a waste when cheap yellows get you that level up.
No attempt to reference old LIs for "Mastery Tracery" (not Tracers) choices and only refering to main stats for what's good not crit and mastery..
Bartering traceries that are not "stakable" leaving extras in inventory that can't be flamed due to over-cap.

I get the point of avoiding the confusing aspects, but what else is a help video's supposed to do?

Is does however draw a viewer into the same mistakes and confusions of the content creator.

Sadly I'm yet to see much better offerings. Sader still that so many are being "helped" going down the same rabbit holes and aren't aware.

Nearest one for some good advice on the enhancement Trap and making LIs on reaching a new LI "range":

Ideally you'd only slot new traceries on reaching each new range and not enhance until you reach the next range as you level up to the server level cap range. Some folk would want you to needlessly spend MC to enhance; may not have your best interest in their minds. Whether appraise or valars consider it a gift for an alt in the future, beyond a kick starter for just enough Ancient Script.

Now ofc if you aren't wasting AS, Enhancement Runes and Tracery Tokens you do have to store them... Handy devices to store traceries for a coming alt are provided by making New LIs at every new range and keeping old LIs for when an alt can make use of them; Heraldry, Power and some Craft if not Mastery too ofc. So back to the old total replacement routine, but no max LI slots limit.

To the OP:
Probably the chances are you will need one level to reach a new LI range, can check wiki. Go to the Last Homely House archive and appraise enough old LIs to just barter for two new LIs, reforge them and slot them after removing old LIs. Leave and go level up to the new range. Better you appraise more after reaching a new range up to the max of 130. Stick with empty LIs unless you are having difficulty but figure it out yourself.

Vilan

Force of Nature
There are some bonuses that old LIs grant that are unavailable on new LIs, so there were a few cases where you would prefer the old one. But SSG wanted folks to shift over to the new LIs, so old legacies were eventually set to 0% and the base damage was set to 1 in most cases, so there is no longer any point to old LIs other than nostalgia.

YamyDeAragon

Student of Lady Galadriel
There are some bonuses that old LIs grant that are unavailable on new LIs, so there were a few cases where you would prefer the old one. But SSG wanted folks to shift over to the new LIs, so old legacies were eventually set to 0% and the base damage was set to 1 in most cases, so there is no longer any point to old LIs other than nostalgia.
What outstanding stat or skill bonus was at prior
legendary system that is not in the new legendary system?

JohnMHammer

What outstanding stat or skill bonus was at prior legendary system that is not in the new legendary system?
The one that stands out to me is the ability to choose the output damage type. But I hadn't been playing long before the current system supplanted the old one. Perhaps there are others that long-time players miss.

Disquiet

What outstanding stat or skill bonus was at prior
legendary system that is not in the new legendary system?

I think some element of old legacies just got moved to Power rather than Mastery Traceries.

They have yet to intigate other damage types, Cargul remains about to reflect our Beleriand. Lots of vapourware in this headlong development. The offhand weapons and bows random damage type all we have now. Woe betide anyone with an old slayer deed where they one shoot themselves as well as the mob.

YamyDeAragon

Student of Lady Galadriel
Appart the tittles that modify the damage kin on
weapons & that is not a bonus, but a damage kind modifier, all bonuses that affect either stats or skills are present in the new legendary system & divided between the varied traceries kinds. Actually the new system have many new bonuses that the ol system didn't. Even then you still can efectively fight & kill enemies becauae you can remove their corruptions. If you cant remove it but it have a timer toward dissipate, you may stune it tiĺ the timer wears out.Other times their level is so lower than you that they can't resist, BPE nor dissipate your attacks.