Bullroarer Update 40: Beneath the Surface - Beta #3 - CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordOfTheSquids

Quality Assurance
Bullroarer is CLOSED

Server Opening Time: Tuesday, April 29 ~4:30 PM ET (subject to change)
Server Closing Time: Friday, May 3 ~3:00 PM ET (subject to change)

Please Note: the 'Beneath the Surface' Quest Pack is now available on the Bullroarer LOTRO Store for all Premium and F2P players.
  • You can purchase this quest pack for Beta only by opening the Bullroarer LOTRO Store and exploring to
  • Account > Content > Quest Packs
  • You can obtain LOTRO Points from Aubergine in the Eyes and Guard Tavern. If you are not familiar with the Tavern please consult the guide.
  • Purchase of the Quest Pack in this manner will only allow access on the Bullroarer server. Your Live server access will remain unaffected.

Welcome to Update 40!

Please keep in mind this is an early look at some changes coming in update 40, there is still quite a bit more to come!

Welcome to Umbar-môkh, the Neaths, beneath Umbar Baharbêl, the City of the Corsairs!

Currently available for testing are side quests in each of the five sections of Umbar-môkh. Each side quest chain is started by a member of the Kindred of the Coins inside of Dâr Laja, the Meeting Hall. You can explore Tâkhdar; the Cellars, where shady business deals and black market sales take place. Ilmabiri; the Wells, the sewers beneath the city filled with a variety of dangers.Kamrabezûr; the Vaults, where it is rumored escaped gladiators dwell. Khabârkhad; the Crypts, where the ancestors of Umbar's past rest - or do they? Dil-irmíz ; the Berths, a flooded area that is deemed so dangerous that adventurers are discouraged from travelling there alone.

These quests are for players at level 150.

Not included in this preview is the continuation of The Song of Waves and Wind, as well as Tales of the Kindred, a series of quests each bestowed by Khôltekh the Cunning, Hármelak Golden-hand, Rothog the Storm and Belondor of Langstrand.

Feedback Thread

New Mission: Securing Salvage

Malthak, in Umbar Baharbêl's Bloody Eagle Tavern, has a new Mission available for players levels 20-150, Securing Salvage. He has recieved reports of a cargo ship carrying supplies to the Heirs of Castamir being crashed upon a shore in the Shield Isles. You have been asked to go there and retrieve the supplies before the Heirs arrive take it for themselves. Delvings are also available for this mission.

Release Notes - U40 Beta #3 (New notes in yellow)

Of Special Note
  • The Legendary Item Reward Track: Season 10 is now active on Bullroarer!
  • We have implemented some load balancing changes to help prevent certain areas of the world from impacting play quality and performance in other areas. In particular, the Ettenmoors and Before Battle Minas Tirith landscapes have been isolated from other areas of the world and private encounter instances. Please feel free to explore the Ettenmoors and Before Battle Minas Tirith, or engage in a raid while your friends visit Minas Tirith.
  • Players may now apply custom names to their Carry-alls. These names will not appear when stored in the Vault.
    • Please Note: The custom name, while not shown, is stored while the Carry-all is in the Vault. Upon return to your inventory the custom name will be restored to the Carry-all.
  • Store: Open store sessions will now be terminated at character logout to prevent confusion about what character purchases are delivered to.
  • For players awaiting the return of Keteph. Feel free to visit his assistant in Jax Phanâl. She's finally heard back from her mentor and he requires assistance. If you are in Umbar Baharbêl you can visit Swain's Guild-hall and find Keteph near the cook's oven.
  • Monster Play updates to Siege! (Siege will be unavailable during Beta #3 and will return in the future!)
    • We're turning Siege on to highlight some changes to the system.
    • Players can purchase schematics to build their siege weapons in the Ettenmoors.
    • Accessing towers while your side of the fight controls them and your siege doors are active now appear at "hidden" locations besire both Tirith Rhaw and Lugazag.
    • There are now three variants of siege equipment avaible via schematics. Normal is a 30s construction. Advanced is a 20s construction. And Superior is a 10s construction.
    • All new schematics are available for graduated costs on their respective vendors.
    • There is now an egress point on the bottom floow of Lugazag and Tirith Rhaw that leads to the backside of the towers.
    • There is now an ingress point at the top of the spiral staircase appearing when the inner doors of the towers are activated.
    • All ingress and egress interactives are usable only by the aligned faction.
    • Attempting to summon Siege Equipment outside of areas where they are allowed will result in loss of the schematic and could result in player character injuries. You are warned.
    • Known Issues
      • Siege Catapults can float above terrain when placed in the Ettenmoors.
      • Physics may remain for a brief period after gates are destroyed in the Ettenmoors.
      • The interior gate at Lugazag needs physics adjustment and currently does not completely block entry.
      • The interior gate at Tirith Raw does not line up perfectly with its physics but should prevent players from passing through.
News and Notes
  • Known Issues
    • The Crafting Panel is not working correctly in this build. It is a work in progress to incorporate the new 4th profession option. Please do not submit bugs on this feature at this time.
Classes & Skills
  • Guardian
    • Bastion of Light, when modified with both Radiate and Flash of Light, failed to spread debuffs applied by the guardian. This has been fixed.
    • We fixed a string error that was reintroduced to the Protection by the sword skill.
  • Captain trainers will now allow you to barter mithril coins for hobbit herald appearances.
  • Lore-master trainers will now allow you to barter mithril coins for a small bog-lurker appearance.
    • These can also be found on Wilson (the cosmetic pets vendor) in the Eyes & Guard Tavern.
  • Mariner
    • The trait 'Relaxing Wind' now displays the correct information on rank 1 of its tooltip.
    • The trait 'Keen Sight' now clarifies that it improves only your Melee Damage.
    • The trait 'Rare Ingredients' now displays the correct number of additional Diseases cleansed per tier.
    • The trait 'Test Defences' now more clearly states how many times its effect may tier up per trait rank.
    • The skill 'Rummage: Scrap of Music' now gains the bonus healing from the trait 'Enheartening Songs.'
  • Rune-keeper
    • The tracery 'Self-motivation Cooldown & Power Restore' now correctly improves Self-motivations Power Restore by 10% (it was only improving it by 5% prior to this).
Combat & Monsters
  • Monster Power Use: Monsters with skill power costs were using significantly too much power per skill play. These power costs have been adjusted to a more appropriate scale.
  • Corsair Rat-keepers no longer summon wolves.
Quests, Deeds, & Adventure Areas
  • Forester Event
    • Carry Caber slow now properly allows players to carry the caber at a walking pace.
    • Beornings can now use Carry Caber - Fast and Carry Caber - Slow while not in bear form.
    • Beornings can now use the logger emote. This only functions while not in Bear form.
    • There is now a message letting players know that there are two minutes before the forester event begins.
    • Forester event now appropriately states the Combe lumber camp.
    • You should no longer drop the caber before passing through the final gate in the forester event. Unless, of course, you run out of time.
  • 5 new level 143 quests have been added to Lond Cirion. They can be obtained from Lindil, near the entrance in upper Lond Cirion as well as others within the city.
  • The Posted Notice involved with the quest 'The Isles: The Knight Nauriel' should now display properly on the outskirts of Mar Naphra.
  • Fixed some assorted typos in Umbar quests involving specific crew members.
  • U40: Updated the name of the competitive forester trait 4 accomplishment to Competitive Forester IV.
    U40: The objective counter should no longer exceed the number needed in Continuous Supply.
  • "Continuous Supply" and "Burgeoning Business": The counter for tracking crab meat, shells, and claws continued to advance beyond the requirement. This has been fixed.
  • The Arenas of Conflict meta Deed 'Deeds of the Arena of Conflict' will now bestow and complete properly.
  • The daily quest Claws for Excitement now has updated directions in the quest comments.
  • Fixed a small typo in the A Price to Be Paid quest.
  • The Umbari Crafting Daily quests were not bestowing properly for characters that had left and then rejoined a Profession. This has been fixed.
  • Directions to the goblin camp in the Infusion from the North quest line were updated.
  • More goblins now have the chance to drop Ketepth's Cruet in the Infusion from the North quest line.
  • Highlighted the Barley Bread in green to call out that it is the finished apprentice product not the Westfold ingredient.
  • 'Forged Anew' will no longer block progress for players who reforged their Legendary Weapon too early. This fix required the quest to be versioned, so you'll want to pick up the quest again from Dithalion at the Forges of Rivendell.
Instances & Skirmishes
  • The Depths of Mâkhda Khorbo:
    • Belondor's Exultation of Battle potency increased.
    • The likelihood of two crushing tentacles spawning during the "Head-up" phase of the Boss 3 fight in the Raid is reduced on tiers 1-3.
    • In the final boss fight of the Makhda Khorbo, we extended the time that it takes for the next boat to be crushed to 30 seconds to allow players more time to recover and deal damage to the kraken's head.
    • In the final boss encounter of the Makhda Khorbo, we made small adjustments to the timers on adds that arrive when boats are destroyed, or tentacles take too long to kill.
    • In the final boss encounter of the Makhda Khorbo, when the kraken submerges any active tentacles wrapping boats are now disabled so the head cannot be struck when it is underwater.
    • Dulgalkho's Hungering Flame can no longer be a scion.
    • Belondor's chest no longer gives a greater chance at earning his shield, Varnëvëa, from soft-lock chest pulls. The soft-lock chance now matches the chance of receiving the shield from the favoured chest pull.
    • Corrected the tooltip descriptions on B1 Jadazin's 'Focused Enemy' effects.
    • Weapon Aura of Acid now drops in a pouch, which must first be opened before it can be applied to a cosmetic appearance or wardrobe. (This change has been reverted)
Items & Rewards
  • 'Umbari Guild Earrings of Bright Sea Star' as well as it's recipe have had their names fixed.
  • The description for the word 'Luck-stone Socket' has had a typo fixed.
Landscape
  • The landmark for the Fleet-watch Tavern in the Fleet-fast of Umbar Baharbêl has been moved to its correct location.
  • Great River - Parth Celebrant and Atburg now have ambient sfx.
  • Misc floating objects have been grounded.
  • Misc z-fighting has been resolved.
  • Misc Physics/Stuck Spot issues have been resolved.
  • New Travel Destinations have been added in and around Umbar Barharbel: Swain's Guild-hall, The Bloody Eagle Tavern, the Gate of Sorrow and the Fleet-gate, Arador Hunter's Camp (plus a milestone at the camp).
Miscellaneous
  • Bill Rosewood and Bert Goldenleaf, Stable-masters in Bree-town, now have consistent appearances.
  • Removed deprecated Legendary categories from the Auction House.

Last edited:

gildhur

Turbine Defense Force alumni
Known Issues
  • Siege Catapults can float above terrain when placed in the Ettenmoors.
  • Physics may remain for a brief period after gates are destroyed in the Ettenmoors.
  • Siege Rams can still attack enemy creatures (they should only attack gates).

it-s-happening-jessica-rothe-shouting-l3otg5edq8t1jpta.gif

maartena

Drinks Coffee All Day!
Okay….. So, rename-able carryalls is great but….. “these names will not appear when in vault” makes that completely useless again.

I have 14 carry alls in my shared storage. The whole purpose of being able to rename them is so that I can pick exactly the one I need without having to withdraw all of them. With the name NOT visible in shared storage, how is this going to help? I would still have to withdraw all of them (and thus causing vault lag withdrawing thousands of craft items in a bag) to get to the ones I need.

So that isn’t really helping. Please address this. The whole purpose of renaming them is being able to distinguish them between different ones in a place where one would store many….. which is …. Oh, I don’t know…. Maybe a VAULT? 😂

WarTronic

I know, its early in development and stuff, but what is this supposed to become?
image.png

Please don't tell me you plan to include indestructible decaying equipment.

bulvoy

"Classes & Skills
  • Guardian
    • Guardian Damage reduced 5%.
    • Bastion of Light, when modified with both Radiate and Flash of Light, failed to spread debuffs applied by the guardian. This has been fixed.
    • We fixed a string error that was reintroduced to the Protection by the sword skill."
Nerfed Again.... This is Extremely disheartening; I believe since the exciting news that red line guard was going to be fun when you guys announced it and reworked the class I believe this will make a total of 13% or 15% dmg reduced since the revamp was introduced. I understand all around class balance etc., i was in agreement when they reduced it the first time built correctly. They had some knockout power, then another -5, which to me a (11 yr. player with guard playing all kinds of builds) with good gear seen the difference, was still viable.

Now another Nerf is going to put a red guard back to the " Whats the point, might as well log my champ" They already struggle with Mits in any T2 or T3, because making phys mast cap, then crit /finesse softcap doesnt leave much room for defense. Of course there is always change, I roll with it for a long time, however it seemed still viable after the last 5% reduction, there will always be someone to point out well in this 1 chain skill set up it seems overpowered, especially on a traning dummy vs a real instance, there is no way im the only one that is Very disappointed by this. Not to mention i actually do play my blue guard with some change out gear sword n board in red line for landscape but he takes forever.

I get it I am just a player, not one the Big known names, or youtuber's. or the ones who have the powers to be "ears" But man this a real shame makes me think what the point in the first place was to make a red guard to be awesome play almost like a Champy but different. Love this game, Love where it has gone through the years, for this particular point right now I'm just floored in disappointment

Last edited:

TheUltimateKyle

any chance we can get either an adjustment to the drop rates of the opals/moonstones/zircons from t4/5 of the 3 and 6 mans or some kind of rng protection?
The awful drop rates are starting to make me resent the instances more than make me want to continue farming them. We're also losing other players on server who are no longer interested in running the content because they can't get drops.

Estinien

Players may now apply custom names to their Carry-alls. These names will not appear when stored in the Vault.

This is appreciated, but ...sooo close to being great. Naming our Carry-Alls in Shared Storage/Vault would be such a big QoL thing.

If this is a tech limitation is there any possibility of, essentially, allowing us to colour/dye our carry-alls? So I can know my Ore is in the 'Orange Crafting Carry All' and my Wood is in the 'Blue Crafting Carry All'. Something like that, if the naming isn't something you can make work (in a reasonable amount of effort), maybe something like that?

Mythic

Though some attention to PVP is better than none, and fixes to PVE sound good, there is STILL no significant changes to redline (DPS) LM's being made. Even with the recent 15% increase to damage, LM's are behind the light armor pack in terms of overall dps (burst isn't too bad) so much so that you never see an LM invited to a pve raid for DPS purposes, which relegates them to being the only LM in a group and their only job is debuffing and pet rotations....... /yawn on that!
PVP is miserable . Given that, I see no reason to test yet another update that does nothing for my LM, and have essentially stopped playing that toon.

Gildoriel

Guardian of the Citadel
Okay….. So, rename-able carryalls is great but….. “these names will not appear when in vault” makes that completely useless again.

I have 14 carry alls in my shared storage. The whole purpose of being able to rename them is so that I can pick exactly the one I need without having to withdraw all of them. With the name NOT visible in shared storage, how is this going to help? I would still have to withdraw all of them (and thus causing vault lag withdrawing thousands of craft items in a bag) to get to the ones I need.

So that isn’t really helping. Please address this. The whole purpose of renaming them is being able to distinguish them between different ones in a place where one would store many….. which is …. Oh, I don’t know…. Maybe a VAULT? 😂
Oh my ... in my joy to read the first sentence, I completely overlooked the second one 🤦‍♀️ 😭

Valemonias

I wonder if it's because while in vault the server stores all of its data until removal. Which would 'reset' any naming scheme. It would also explain why depositing and withdrawing stalls the game. Also why carry-alls have limited space - Less data to transfer to the server in one load.

Sageness

All 4 of my carry-alls go into shared in the same order every time. Large craft, Medium task, the other Medium task and the small craft. Just four to move is a pain.

Thinking about it, getting Carry-alls in the game preceeds the advent of up to 30 second mob/player spikes. A few players moving a bunch in or out of shared at the same time is going to have a much bigger effect than the one at a time barter that has the server ask us (and also force us) to slow down.

I know my first Medcraft is the one for lower tasks the second is always the one for higher tasks. Other carry-alls not in daily use on particular chars.

If you are buying and moving up to fourteen, perhaps a friends/family intevention... Or are those that struggle with the games various systems the best people to be making OPs on the suggestions forum. Acting on the OP for a change, easier than looking through it for the nuance and pitfalls it would bring, as well as the must have or it's going to be a complete embarassment and waste of dev (and us who have posted here) time.

But do all 14 appear in the same order every time as do my 4? I suspect yes. Personally I can't figure out why peeps are always auto sorting their one big pack so they only have a general idea of what is where over knowing exactly where everyting is in you pack and a "new" item's arrival is more obvious. The Breach-finders and Fire-oil have been in the same place for 14 years though. As soon as you leave some and take out some you loose all intel on what is what.

Didn't Cord say he was naming his 1 and no alt to ever need to have it in shared? These aren't devs who are hampered by having playability as a concern.

Now I'd perfer that we got a standard rise of perhap 10 extra slots in every carry-all every cap rise to have a stab at managing the host of new items the game adds. The 595 LP cost for 200 slots of storage is a great deal. The cardboard cut from a Tea Bag box with a note of which mule holds what less used and gained resource enough for me.

When the new level cap aproaches, a quick review to shift stuff out to make space - we hope is enough. But won't be for sure, we have at least made a start.

Sageness

Additionally with the background nature of a craft and task carry-all to provide the mats for recipe execution, auto gather and completing of tasks without needing to open them - little point to have them named. It's only when we forget to pick them out of shared should we ever open them.

And if we did name them would the name filter object. I can't imagine any of my current thoughts meeting the demands of the least robust of any filter system.

i like that there's new stables in umbar shame the crafting ones not outside the door and lvl locked to 135 still means the esayest way to get vip on my low lvl crafters is to port to housing and back rather than stable across the city as much fun as it was running through the gut at lvl 35 with no help i wont be doing it again lol

Status
Not open for further replies.