We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LordOfTheSquids View Post
    • Hunter - Upshot Damage tracery no longer erroneously double-applies to devastating hits.
    Although the wording is wrong (the tracery was not applied twice, rather it was also applied as devastating magnitude on top of what it did correctly), the fix seems fine.
    Any word on a fix for the nasty bug where the passive "Swift Mercy" from Bowmaster line makes Merciful Shot ignore the "Single Target Attack" damage & criticals words of power ?
    Gabrediel, Original Challenger of Sarouman | Gabramir, Original Challenger of Gothmog

Unquale - Sirannon [FR]

Here is an open invitation for the decision makers on the "no more raid groups" on landscape. You are all welcome to come join our SLOTRO group any Monday night after July 4 to see how the ability to be in a raid is useful, helpful and does not harm the integrity of the game. Our group SLOTRO leader is the best at herding cats but even he will not be able to keep track of us if we have to break up the raid and set up three different fellowships. The raid function helps all of us to be in the same general area of the map at the same time.

We are Away Shall Fade on the Landroval server. The SLOTRO group starts at 830 pm server time every Monday. The group is currently capped at level 75 and we are making our way through Dunland.

You can also follow the history of our current SLOTRO adventure on our Discord server.

You may gain a better understanding of how people use the group functions to enjoy the game if you sit in with us for an evening of death, destruction and great misadventure. I promise everyone will be polite and behave if you wish to sit in and gain an understanding of what some of us in Middle Earth do for fun.

Quote Originally Posted by greendarner View Post
    Here ya go: I don't like it. I AM complaining. I don't use Aggressive as often, but I like having it when I want it. If the player is too duhhhhhh to change the stance back, other than an occasional oops, [1] they shouldn't be playing a lore-master, it's too difficult for them, and [2] nothing REQUIRES you to use Aggressive AT ALL. Just never toggle it and you won't have the "problem" of forgetting to switch to a different stance. Lore-master class is, after all, listed as an ADVANCED play style. Why should the rest of us pay for the inability of someone else to choose stances wisely and consistently?
    The removal of Aggressive stance isn't for players, it's to combat gold farmers who would stand around with a bunch of afk LMs and bog lurkers just killing for coin. I'm not sure how it will be different, though, since anything in Aggressive range would also attack the pet, triggering it to attack even when set on Guard. Maybe on Aggressive all pets in the group would attack the target, and this way only the pet being attacked will defend itself?
    Work like no one is watching, dance like you don't need the money...

Classes:
    Brawler tanking has had some significant issues, and we have wanted to build a more distinct role for them as tanks in comparison with their fellows. Three issues we wanted to address in particular:
    - The class had stacking incoming damage buffs that could render them effectively immune to damage for limited windows in concert with group buffs. While amusing, this was rather game breaking in certain encounters.
    - They had trouble managing agro in fights with many mobs.
    - As tanks, they lacked a clearly defined role compared with others.
    We've decided to focus the Brawler's role towards being an offensive support tank. This doesn't mean they are a DPS-Tank hybrid - they are not focused on personal damage to the detriment of their own defense. Rather their personal defense is intended to remain quite strong, but their buffs now focus on their ability to improve the group's damage output more than any other tank, in particular to open up major burst windows against bosses or adds that need to be eliminated as quickly as possible.
    • Weather Blows is now an incoming damage set effect that will no longer stack with other incoming damage buffs. It's base value is 35%, -6% for trait, -9% for Mettle. (Max 20%). It lasts 15s with a 75s cooldown. Note that this still acts as a separate multiplier from standard armor damage mitigation.
    • Gut Punch no longer reduces the target's outgoing damage, but now increases incoming damage by 20% for 20s. The skill has a short cooldown, but a given target cannot be affected by it for 70s after the effect wears off.
    • The Iron Will skill was redundant to Weather Blows. It has been replaced by 'The Best Defense', This skill buffs the fellowship's damage by 30% for 15s, and has a 120s CD.
    • Come At Me base target count increased [5->10].
    • Come At Me taunt duration increased [5s->10s].
    • Come At Me is now 'fast' rather than 'immediate', to mitigate a skill cancellation issue encountered during periods of lag.
    • Brash Invitation's Range increased [25->40m].
    • Vulnerability's base debuff increased [1%->3%]. Item set bonuses to the effect have been increased similarly.
    • Most Brawler group buffs will now affect raid members.
    • Most Brawler group buffs now have a radius of [10->15m]
    • Many Brawler buffs were still using a placeholder one, many of these have been replaced with a more diverse set of effect icons for clarity.
    • Innate Strength Buffs use shorter animations [1.5s->1.0s], several other buffs have had their animations shortened or reduced to FX only.
    • The instant heal component of 'Weather Blows' has been moved to 'Bracing Guard'.
    • Follow Me! is no longer an attack speed buff, it is now a group combat run speed buff, increasing speed by 20% for 15s.
    • Bellicose traited Come At Me will now generate Mettle even if no targets are hit.
    • Fist of the Valar base damage increased to be more in line with other mettle spenders.
    • The Brawler's "Armour of Nature's Striker" set not grants a 2-piece bonus of +5% to melee damage, rather than an offhand bonus which brawlers cannot benefit from.
    These changes are very powerful, and while I have yet to test them on BR, just looking at the numbers and skill changes alone is enough to make the current FOTM tank classes pale in comparison with regards to power and utility. Because basically almost anything a captain or guardian can do, a brawler can do as well, plus lots of damage buffs:

1. Come at me Base count increased to 10? And force taunt duration is 10 seconds? Awesome, now they're in line with guards, and they have damage boosts in abundance.
    2. Follow me! is another group wide speed boost? Awesome, now they have necessary group speed utility that helps with avoiding Hrimil's breath/helping tanks kite adds/boss without taking damage. Plus damage boosts.

They don't have a double rez like captains do, and it seems that they have less emergency damage reduction cooldowns than guards do, but the damage boosting utility you're currently providing them is leaving them in a place where they would be far more preferred than guards/cappies. For current content, there's room for a brawler/cappy/guard comp in the Hrimil fight, but you might as well let a brawler solo tank/duo tank T3+ B1 alongside a yellow cappy for double rez/inc healing banner, and T3+ B2 with yellow cappy on boss, brawler on adds.

The tanking game is coming to "who can mitigate damage well while providing the most group utility," and if these changes make it to live as is (number tuning here and there for testing purposes), guardians will be stuck back in the days of being a substandard meat shield with lots of emergency cooldowns and less valued group utility (as was the case in Remm days)...don't even get me started on the sparse amount of group utility/buff love for Blue Wardens, Blue Bears, and Blue Champs. lol

Exclamation

“Pets can no longer be in the Aggressive stance, which has been removed.”

As a main Lore-Master player I am against this change. I use this stance to skirmish or epic battles. Why doing this after 15 years?
    If the issue are the gold farmers, combat the gold farmers, not the legit players. I suggest that if the player wasn’t moved at all when a pet killed a foe, then don’t reward with loot, instead of remove the whole stance.

Enhance Your Gaming Experience, try LOTRO FlashBoost - LOTRO DefragSuite!

Quote Originally Posted by Artizzy View Post
    I don’t quite get this phrase. Is this saying Moors are now open to non-VIP freeps too? Or just more creep classes have become free? Moors were free to all reavers before, were they not?
    As Orion has confirmed in the PvMP thread, ALL Creep classes are now free, and Freep passports are no longer checked at the stable-master into the Moors. All players can play everything in PvMP now.
    Arda Shrugged - Elendilstone / Landroval / Anor

any reason companion skill is missing? (pet/herald automatically attacks, set to aggressive) button
    WhiteGoliath

You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulino View Post
    “Pets can no longer be in the Aggressive stance, which has been removed.”

As a main Lore-Master player I am against this change. I use this stance to skirmish or epic battles. Why doing this after 15 years?
    If the issue are the gold farmers, combat the gold farmers, not the legit players. I suggest that if the player wasn’t moved at all when a pet killed a foe, then don’t reward with loot, instead of remove the whole stance.

I totally agree. Why is this being done?

Quote Originally Posted by Zaheer View Post

any reason companion skill is missing? (pet/herald automatically attacks, set to aggressive) button
    It's in the patch notes. They're removing the aggro stance.

I don't like the removal of the Aggressive pet stance. This will be a added hassle when trying to do Slayer Deeds which I usually do with grey enemies. Having to manually pull every enemy is going to be pain. I'm not sitting there AFK letting them do all the work.
    << Co-founder of The Firebrands of Caruja on Landroval >>
    Ceolford of Dale, Dorolin, Tordag, Garberend Bellheather, Colfinn Belegorn, Garmo Butterbuckles, Calensarn Nimlos, Langtiriel, Bergteir

It's surprising how many players still think that in a 7 man group, player 7 does not have to attack the mob to get credit. It becomes apparent quite quickly that if you run a deeding group of 6 players, and come across a random 7th that inviting them doesn't make their task easier.

You can even test it yourself live if you run a second account or test it with a friend - covert to raid and place each other in separate groups, have your friend kill the mob and watch your slayer deed not progress.

That is why some of us are asking for clarification - open tapping doesn't work in raids already. If anything what we can take is that due to the Ettens announcement you can't receive kill credit if you place a Heal Over Time skill on a random - something that helps in Forges/Lofts if you're not grouped up with anyone and there are several hunters nuking everything before you can tap. If you're in a 24 man Forges/Lofts you'd better hope someone in your 6-person group taps the bosses/Elite Masters before it's obliterated, because once again credit isn't raid-wide already.
    Last edited by TobiasEstForte; Jun 29 2022 at 11:48 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/222190000001ddbef/01005/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Well yes, I imagine the concerned folks already know that game mechanic about each side of the raid. The wording of the changelog on Bullroarer makes it sound like no one will get credit for anything, either side of the raid group.

Quote Originally Posted by TobiasEstForte View Post
    It's surprising how many players still think that in a 7 man group, player 7 does not have to attack the mob to get credit. It becomes apparent quite quickly that if you run a deeding group of 6 players, and come across a random 7th that inviting them doesn't make their task easier.

You can even test it yourself live if you run a second account or test it with a friend - covert to raid and place each other in separate groups, have your friend kill the mob and watch your slayer deed not progress.

That is why some of us are asking for clarification - open tapping doesn't work in raids already. If anything what we can take is that due to the Ettens announcement you can't receive kill credit if you place a Heal Over Time skill on a random - something that helps in Forges/Lofts if you're not grouped up with anyone and there are several hunters nuking everything before you can tap. If you're in a 24 man Forges/Lofts you'd better hope someone in your 6-person group taps the bosses/Elite Masters before it's obliterated, because once again credit isn't raid-wide already.
    You are correct that at least one person in each group needs to tag the mob. The raid group just makes life easier on landscape because everyone can see where the rest of the group is headed. A SLOTRO group of 16 people questing on landscape together is easier to manage than three separate groups trying to follow each other and make sure we take turns killing stuff. I can see that type of situation making it worse. Maybe one of the blue names here could explain why this landscape grouping change is needed? Maybe one of the blue names could give us recommendations as to how to make things like our SLOTRO groups work effectively in the future when this change is implemented?

If SSG wants to stick with the lore, the original fellowship that started all of this was greater than 6 people.

Quote Originally Posted by StinkyGreene View Post
    Well yes, I imagine the concerned folks already know that game mechanic about each side of the raid. The wording of the changelog on Bullroarer makes it sound like no one will get credit for anything, either side of the raid group.
    Not necessarily, because it says raid not fellowship. If it said open-tapping won't work full-stop, or with fellows, that would be crystal clear. I wouldn't put it past the developer roster if they didn't know that credit is already limited to groups, so players 7 13 or 19 are quite screwed. They have demonstrated plenty of unawareness for other things.

If it's a case of a 6 man fellowship benefitting from open tapping but a 6 man converted raid doesn't, that would meet the terminology used - but that also needs clarification.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/222190000001ddbef/01005/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

I hope SSG realises that not everyone uses the forums. The most vocal -usually- complainers do. There are always the same people who kick up a fuss when a class gets nerfed or buffed. Probably because they can’t handle change. The brawler changes are really nice - however the mettle cost of bracing guard needs to be removed, if it’s now your emergency heal. I’m sad that iron will has gone but the aggro changes are very very welcome. People need to remember that Brawler basically has one heal which you’ve now changed, some defensive cool-downs which have now been reduced and nerfed. No group healing, no rezz and one ranged skill. It has no shield - therefore it can’t block, and get huge stats from the shields that other tanks get. Buffs and nerfs are on a pendulum, each class time will come.

[*]Pets can no longer be in the Aggressive stance, which has been removed. Pets set to the Aggressive stance have been reset to the Guard stance.
    Bit of a nuisance for lower level deeding, but I can live with it. But can we please have it available in big battles, and possibly skirmishes.

[*]Raid Groups playing in Landscape will no longer benefit from Open Tapping, and will also no longer receive money, loot, xp, reputation, quest advancement or deed advancement from monster kills in landscape.
    Well that's a retrograde step! You could apply it to new areas, to reduce the Lang Rhuven / Utterby type farming - preferably removing it as new areas open up.

[*]The item "Slayer and Skill Deed Boost (90 min)" now lasts for 6 hours. Its name has been updated to "Slayer and Skill Deed Boost (6 hours)"[*]The items "Tome of Greater Deed Acceleration" and "Slayer Deed Accelerator (60 min)" now last for 6 hours. "Slayer Deed Accelerator (60 min)" has been renamed "Slayer Deed Accelerator (6 hours)"
    Awsome, thank you
    A vote for Sapience is a vote for progress! Vote today!

Please fix the vendor. Why do we need to close the t4 deed if these things are on t3. It's just illogical and annoying
    Dol from Evernight

• Some player-level based stat progressions were tweaked a bit to smooth out values below level 105.
    Basically, this means that a new graph point has been added at character level 75 for all character level related stats. These stats are used for all buff/debuff effects from skills (both player and all other creatures) and also in trait trees:

The full standard progression (which drives all normalized stats, including percentage calculations) at lower levels is defined with points at: 1, 75, 76, 100, 101, 105, 106, 115...

With the introduction of the standard progression, around Mordor expansion, it was decided to leave out points for in-between 1 to 105 for character level based effect/traits stats. This makes it completely linear from start to player level 105.
    At the other side, item stats and rating percentage calculations follow mostly the standard progression, also at lower levels.

This creates a discrepancy in this lower level area. Effects/traits are relatively more powerful, because the standard progression is like a curve: it rises ever more quickly when you level up. When you skip a few points then that area below is based on the much higher end point (105 value).
    The addition of the 75 point will take away a lot of this difference. Effect and trait stats will go down by a large amount, perhaps almost halving them near 75.

It will be interesting to see what will be the effect of this change at lower levels. Skill effects will become lower there. Of course, this should be for both player and mobs.
    Reason for skipping points in the first place was probably balance issues in raids and instances? So how is that balance in this new BR update?

Bullroarer is OPEN

[*]Weather Blows is now an incoming damage set effect that will no longer stack with other incoming damage buffs. It's base value is 35%, -6% for trait, -9% for Mettle. (Max 20%). It lasts 15s with a 75s cooldown. Note that this still acts as a separate multiplier from standard armor damage mitigation.
    I get the reason for this as a blue brawler, and would even say that it make sense. My issue is that this also makes the same change for red brawlers. This leaves red brawlers with no "uh oh" button. Red brawlers cannot heal, they cannot bubble, they can't do anything. Red brawlers can spec into joy of battle and bracing guard but that is at a loss to a lot of trait points when a red champ gets morale back on every kill AND gets bracing attack every X seconds. Most, I would say all, of the red lines for our classes can at least self-heal in some way. I'm not opposed to this change for the blue brawler but I would like to see red line get something in the way of self healing. It seems now that using red line brawler the direction is either one shot the mob or be in trouble.
    Last edited by Faudyen; Jun 30 2022 at 06:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by greendarner View Post
    And what do you say to kins like mine, where we FREQUENTLY have 7-8 players who want to do landscape content? Just BOOT OUT the "extra" 1-2 players? This game is already set up to punish anyone who has a group of more than 6, but fewer than 12. Landscape has been one of the places where we could run together, without having to have exactly 6 or 12. Pffft! GONE!
    Agree 100%

Also this may have already been mentioned, but what about Tarlang's Crown?
    Frappy the Fearless | Captain of Gondor | Woodworker
    Em the Eradicator | Loremaster of Lothlorien | Scholar
    Rhee the Righteous | Burglar of Rohan | Tailor
    There is always Room for Improvement..

Quote Originally Posted by Maedol View Post
    Please fix the vendor. Why do we need to close the t4 deed if these things are on t3. It's just illogical and annoying
    I’m not happy with this change as well, but on the contrary, it is quite logical. T4+ loot has no special loot like Remmorchant bracers. Once people get their T3 clears, the only thing they could ever want from T4+, if they’re motivated enough…

#1: Extra ilevel boost of up to 476/477 on tier/jewelry.
    #2: Challenge!!!

If the average casual is neither loot motivated nor challenge motivated enough, those two reasons are gone, and those people will just farm embers for the last amount of year they need. Raiding “dies” until a new raid catches peoples interest. That means less lotro points spent on raid consumables. AKA LESS MOOLAH!

I would argue that the better move would be one or some of the following things:

#1: Make ONLY the cloak require T4 deed, let gloves and helm require a T3 clear.
    #2: Downgrade cloak to ilevel 474 and allow it to be bartered when T3 clear deed is satisfied.
    #3: Give special T4/T5 barters for loot that only comes from T4/T5, like 140 lively trigger essences (gold quality) or 131 gold enhancement runes! Get creative here, SSG!

I started paying a sub again for this game awhile back. I just turned my sub off yet again. They make changes without even consulting anyone to see how they feel about it. Lag has been terrible and they keep adding content and taking things away. Why not try fixing the game as it already is? I'm not spending my money where my voice doesn't count at all.
    Sir Weet
    Lord High Master of DisEnchanted kinship and band
    Purveyor of Sarcastic Drivel and General Nonsense

With landscape raid groups going away because groups give us too much of something in game, have you considered selling rental groups in the store? We could run around with the rent-a-group members and remember the good old days when people were allowed to run around together on landscape and have fun. You could call it a solo mission on landscape.

This change punishes people who play on landscape with other people and because the raid crowd is not affected SSG will implement it without a care in the world. It seems that only those who buy their gear via the loot box system and run the most difficult end game content are the target customers. The rest of us keep getting locked out of more and more content and enjoyment in the game. This is a change that harms more than it helps.

On a positive note, end game locks and gates prevent many of us from playing the end game instances. Now there will be locks on landscape groups which will cut down on people from playing the game in groups on landscape. I guess it will thin out the population to a more reasonable number for SSG.
    Last edited by Neinda; Jul 01 2022 at 08:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frappy View Post
    Also this may have already been mentioned, but what about Tarlang's Crown?
    The fellowship quest zone? Seems pretty fine for a fellowship, albeit a tad undertuned these days.
    ~ Take the player, not the class ~

Without changing anything from live.
    Warleader rank 0 (? A)- Died from trying to kill 1 slug
    Spider rank 2 ( 5 A) - Half morale left
    Warg rank 4 (25 A) - 2/3 morale left
    Defiler rank 9 - quite easily

Not sure if it's changes to damage or audacity. But a new(ish) character having issues with rolling up a slug is not good.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast