We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Ambience

Ambience

I bought a specific house just to watch the lightning flash in "Pelennor - Morning of Battle": 4 Cape Road - Cape of Belfallas. 5 Cape Road has a spectacular view as well.
    Last edited by D-K; May 17 2022 at 08:17 AM. Reason: add image

Quote Originally Posted by D-K View Post
    I bought a specific house just to watch the lightning flash in "Pelennor - Morning of Battle": 4 Cape Road - Cape of Belfallas. 5 Cape Road has a spectacular view as well. (I don't see how to obtain permission to post a screenshot?)
    You need to use other website to save the screenshot file then copy/past the URL of that image here with the following format: "[IMG]<insert URL here>[/IMG]"

Quote Originally Posted by YamydeAragon View Post
    You need to use other website to save the screenshot file then copy/past the URL of that image here with the following format: "[IMG]<insert URL here>[/IMG]"
    Thank you!

Ah, the joys of learning to embed based on other instructions.

1. The URL you're using is for imgur as a page, not the image itself. Note that when you click on/open it, it loads up everything including other, recommended images below. In essence you are trying to embed a WEBPAGE. If you right click and "open the image in another page/tab", you get the image only and the respective URL which is very different.

2. In addition you are not supposed to include the <> arrows, if you include them you break the URL and that is what's needed between the bbcode formatting.

3. Don't use imgur, use https://imgbb.com/. It's not as pretty but more functional.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/222190000001ddbef/01005/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by TobiasEstForte View Post
    Ah, the joys of learning to embed based on other instructions.

1. The URL you're using is for imgur as a page, not the image itself. Note that when you click on/open it, it loads up everything including other, recommended images below. In essence you are trying to embed a WEBPAGE. If you right click and "open the image in another page/tab", you get the image only and the respective URL which is very different.

2. In addition you are not supposed to include the <> arrows, if you include them you break the URL and that is what's needed between the bbcode formatting.

3. Don't use imgur, use https://imgbb.com/. It's not as pretty but more functional.
    The <> on the example mean that the space for customization & to be able to show the embed command on the text.

The <> on the example mean that the space for customization & to be able to show the embed command on the text.
    Absolutely

Familiarity with web text would mean in most cases the arrows are not included in the final product because it would make no sense to.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/222190000001ddbef/01005/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Thank you very much fellow forum readers! I hope my graphic appears now, although my screenshot doesn't really do it justice. Who can understand why I live in a real world, in a beautiful rural area with stunning skylines, yet I log into lotro to watch a "storm" roll in?

Lightbulb

Thank you very much fellow forum readers! I hope my graphic appears now, although my screenshot doesn't really do it justice. Who can understand why I live in a real world, in a beautiful rural area with stunning skylines, yet I log into lotro to watch a "storm" roll in?
    Those storm clouds from your screenshot are impressive! It is a pity that didn't match correctly with the clouds on top, or maybe is meant to be that, like if it isn't natural thing, like a immense fire burning on top of the lands, or maybe a big ship caught on fire, right before reaching the shores.

Some times you need a different graphic settings to focus on 1 thing vs another. It helps to move around & wait to find the perfect perspective angle. Also wait for the perfect time of the day to do the screenshot (for stormy lightnings i recommend night time as it make them stand out more). Another trick is spam a lot of screenshots with the toolkey while its happening & choose the 1 you like better. Some people instead take a whole video of the thing so they can stop the image at the precise moment they like best & use it as a screenshot.
    Last edited by YamydeAragon; May 18 2022 at 08:13 AM.

Those storm clouds from your screenshot are impressive! It is a pity that didn't match correctly with the clouds on top, or maybe is meant to be that, like if it isn't natural thing, like a immense fire burning on top of the lands, or maybe a big ship caught on fire, right before reaching the shores.

Some times you need a different graphic settings to focus on 1 thing vs another. It helps to move around & wait to find the perfect perspective angle. Also wait for the perfect time of the day to do the screenshot (for stormy lightnings i recommend night time as it make them stand out more). Another trick is spam a lot of screenshots with the toolkey while its happening & choose the 1 you like better. Some people instead take a whole video of the thing so they can stop the image at the precise moment they like best & use it as a screenshot.
    Thank you so much for your reply and tips. The ambience on the screen is always "daytime". I welcome you to my homes on Gladden anytime (or maybe you have a home or friends on the Cape of Belfalas?). I have homes on Cape Road 2 (Janiel) and Cape Road 4 (Laneia). I think it's the Logadon neighborhood. I'll double check when the worlds are up again. I'm sure you could get better screenshots than my 10 year old windows 8 laptop (stop laughing.) I have many characters so it's hard to say who I'll be playing but my homes are open. Actually, I play alone and have my own kinship: The Eternal Watch. I'd love to see the rendition of the "Pelennor morning of battle" and lightning flashes on your computer, shared here. Thanks again!

Some of my characters:
    Leiara
    Laneia
    Gwynere
    Last edited by D-K; May 18 2022 at 04:23 PM.

Thank you so much for your reply and tips. The ambience on the screen is always "daytime". I welcome you to my homes on Gladden anytime (or maybe you have a home or friends on the Cape of Belfalas?). I have homes on Cape Road 2 (Janiel) and Cape Road 4 (Laneia). I think it's the Logadon neighborhood. I'll double check when the worlds are up again. I'm sure you could get better screenshots than my 10 year old windows 8 laptop (stop laughing.) I have many characters so it's hard to say who I'll be playing but my homes are open. Actually, I play alone and have my own kinship: The Eternal Watch. I'd love to see the rendition of the "Pelennor morning of battle" and lightning flashes on your computer, shared here. Thanks again!

Some of my characters:
    Leiara
    Laneia
    Gwynere
    Thanks for the invitation, i will pm you next time that i see you in game. I use a different ambience on both my houses, personal & kinship house, but i can get my hands "Pelennor morning of battle" & experiment with my graphic settings to see if i can get a pretty screenshot, just for you.

i use a different ambience on both my houses, personal & kinship house, but i can get my hands "Pelennor morning of battle" & experiment with my graphic settings to see if i can get a pretty screenshot, just for you.
    That would be great! Thank you.

Thanks for the invitation, i will pm you next time that i see you in game.
    Van, I got an adorable Fox and Fiddle signpost! It would look great in your tavern if you'd like me to place it there. It would be stuck in the slot (bound to me) but I think you could slide it around. It's in front of my Cape big house. Come see if you're interested.

Van, I got an adorable Fox and Fiddle signpost! It would look great in your tavern if you'd like me to place it there. It would be stuck in the slot (bound to me) but I think you could slide it around. It's in front of my Cape big house. Come see if you're interested.
    That item is really cute. PM me in game to talk about it.

That item is really cute. PM me in game to talk about it.
    Will do!
    Last edited by D-K; May 24 2022 at 08:00 AM.

15. Quote Originally Posted by D-K View Post
    That would be great! Thank you.
    When i went to your house i saw other screenshot angles where that ambience looked better & definitely if raining in game when taking it adds visual upgrade value. I tried using the same ambience at my personal house but the most important part on the ambience isn't visible from my house lot because the hill hide it. Without doubt i will keep using my favorite one. The perfect time for the ambience that i'm using (Dunland Pristine Dunbob) when looks the most majestic is at dawn.