We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

I have massive lags despite game telling me i have 100 latency

So apparently I have 100 latency according to the game but I have tons of instances when being in combat enemies or me sitting there unable to press a button because of reasons or unable to attack targets and so on.
    Does anyone know what is going on ?
    Is there a way to reduce these lag issues?
    Thanks for the info,
    Cheers,

Quote Originally Posted by Sewedi View Post
    So apparently I have 100 latency according to the game but I have tons of instances when being in combat enemies or me sitting there unable to press a button because of reasons or unable to attack targets and so on.
    Does anyone know what is going on ?
    Is there a way to reduce these lag issues?
    Thanks for the info,
    Cheers,
    You are connecting two things that have nothing to do with each other, which normally leads on to all the problems would be fixed if the EU servers were based back in the EU, which is again another falsehood.

The servers the game are running on and the game architecture is no longer fit for purpose, and need major work to address the issues, SSG are working on it, allegedly. You could be sat next to the servers and you'd still have lag, it's not your connection it's everything that happens "server side".
    Evernight - Walred (Champ), Walmur (RK), Walbert-2 (Cappy)

A series of decisions by the then owners Turbine resulted in many leaving the game. As well as employees as a consequence. Overheads for catering for a bigger player base when it was dwindling were then not economic and measures were implemented to cut overheads. With several key management roles being taken up by former DDO staff there was a hit to the inhouse knowledge base which only lead to further poor decisions and concealment of issues of greatest import to much of the player base. A change of ownership, that was also concealed from players, to a publisher renowned for maximising returns other publishes could not achieve came with further measures to reduce overheads. Another change of ownership has brought on claims of a wish to invest in the game. As yet unseen.

Giving away a load of free content to reduce the up front costs for new players so as to ease them into the in-game store relationship had the obvious consequence of a lot of old players coming back to reap the rewards/gifts and the high populations few have ever seen.

Once you make the choice to disappear down a rabbit hole there's no going back so you kind of have to tell yourself it was the right decision, however bad it gets.

Check out the game credits; there's such a thing as a Code Archaeologist! Imagine that.

i think these are something of the client and together with the server needs to upgrade.

on the happier side, considering there are many who suffering latency of 220-260ms together with 0.6-10% data loss players. and they also have rubberbanding, shattering, skill-not-releasing.....etc problems.... :-), and they already paid more on game accelerators apps, besides lotro subscription fees.

many old players of mine are losing their interest, ...... they are either lore-lovers, or raid-lovers, or outfit lovers. kind of pathetic.

for me, i just wish ssg/(eg7, whatever) upgrade the 64bit client sooner......that, according to ssg, will help in the progress of decreasing some lag.
    Between Heaven and Earth goes the path of the Moon
    Imbi Menel Cemenyë menë Ráno tië