We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Auto-claim rewards on Reward Track

With the end of this reward track upcoming, I am a bit worried that I might forget to claim all of the rewards before it ends. I have already sometimes forgotten to claim rewards from the reward track before closing the game.

My suggestion is to add an option that when turned on would automatically claim rewards on the current character from the reward track once unlocked. If the character’s inventory is full, then a notification would appear informing the player that the reward could not be claimed because of insufficient inventory space. The auto-claim rewards option could then not attempt to claim rewards automatically again until the currently available reward has been claimed manually, or it could instead attempt to automatically claim the currently available reward again upon logging into a character.

This auto-claim rewards option for the reward track should be able to be turned off or on at any time. I have no idea how feasible this suggestion is, or how much work it would require, but I think it could be helpful for some players.

Edit: A quicker alternative to this that would help remind players to claim rewards would be to send a notification to the player whenever a new reward becomes available to claim on the reward track panel. Some players may not like receiving frequent notifications though, so maybe make this an optional setting on the reward track panel, if necessary.
    Last edited by Atomos; May 15 2022 at 09:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Atomos View Post
    With the end of this reward track upcoming, I am a bit worried that I might forget to claim all of the rewards before it ends. I have already sometimes forgotten to claim rewards from the reward track before closing the game.

My suggestion is to add an option that when turned on would automatically claim rewards on the current character from the reward track once unlocked. If the character’s inventory is full, then a notification would appear informing the player that the reward could not be claimed because of insufficient inventory space. The auto-claim rewards option could then not attempt to claim rewards automatically again until the currently available reward has been claimed manually, or it could instead attempt to automatically claim the currently available reward again upon logging into a character.

This auto-claim rewards option for the reward track should be able to be turned off or on at any time. I have no idea how feasible this suggestion is, or how much work it would require, but I think it could be helpful for some players.
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

None of my alts have enough bag space for 50+ AS chests.
    Evernight - Walred (Champ), Walmur (RK), Walbert-2 (Cappy)

There would be space if the boxes stacked. I opened 400 yesterday and bought enhancement runes, which stack. 200 chests still to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Once_of_Bree View Post
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

None of my alts have enough bag space for 50+ AS chests.
    Most of mine don't either. However, did you miss this part of the OP?

"If the character’s inventory is full, then a notification would appear informing the player that the reward could not be claimed because of insufficient inventory space. The auto-claim rewards option could then not attempt to claim rewards automatically again until the currently available reward has been claimed manually, or it could instead attempt to automatically claim the currently available reward again upon logging into a character.

This auto-claim rewards option for the reward track should be able to be turned off or on at any time
    ."

Our lack of inventory space wouldn't matter.
    Sometimes, no matter how hard you look, there is no best light.

You're right I did miss it.
    My answer is still No though
    Evernight - Walred (Champ), Walmur (RK), Walbert-2 (Cappy)

Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    Most of mine don't either. However, did you miss this part of the OP?

"If the character’s inventory is full, then a notification would appear informing the player that the reward could not be claimed because of insufficient inventory space. The auto-claim rewards option could then not attempt to claim rewards automatically again until the currently available reward has been claimed manually, or it could instead attempt to automatically claim the currently available reward again upon logging into a character.

This auto-claim rewards option for the reward track should be able to be turned off or on at any time
    ."

Our lack of inventory space wouldn't matter.
    Thank you for highlighting that, and yes inventory space wouldn't matter if it worked like that.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Atomos View Post

I will like to have this option added to LOTRO, but with a box to click enable/dissable at the Reward Track panel so the players can choose to don't get them auto claim if they don't want to.

Quote Originally Posted by YamydeAragon View Post
    I will like to have this option added to LOTRO, but with a box to click enable/dissable at the Reward Track panel so the players can choose to don't get them auto claim if they don't want to.
    Yeah, it should definitely be optional and I agree that the Reward Track panel would be the right place to enable/disable it.