We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hardcore_smoker View Post
    What exactly do you want from us Russian gamers?
    I am merely pointing out what the western entertainment industry is doing and saying there's obvious parallels. If you look at my comments you will notice I have not requested SSG do anything.
    Phrasing! Doesn't anybody do phrasing anymore?

The list of companies halting business in Russia keeps growing. Maybe just maybe the leaders of these companies know more, or have more of a conscience, than the naysayers on these forums? Maybe they just care about their bottom line and know associating with Russia will be toxic for years to come and need to get out. Regardless of motives the end calculus is still the same, get out of Russia.

Putin murdering thousands of Ukrainians a day isn't about politics, it's about human rights. Asking a gaming company like EG7 to do the right thing to support human rights is a perfectly appropriate topic for the general forums here. Don't want to disturb your gaming peace and quite while you retreat from the real world into a game? Too bad the innocent Ukrainians getting bombed to death don't have that luxury. Wake up people, this is the least, a very small measure of support, that SSG/DBG/EG7 can do for the Ukrainian people.

https://www.fastcompany.com/90726978...ness-in-russia

Apple
    Airbus
    Alphabet (Google and YouTube)
    Boeing
    Disney
    Exxon Mobil
    Facebook
    Ford
    Harley-Davidson
    Mastercard
    Microsoft
    Netflix
    Reddit
    Snap
    Twitter
    Visa

https://www.reuters.com/business/bp-...ia-2022-02-27/

"Shell (SHEL.L) on Monday said it would exit all its Russian operations, including the flagship Sakhalin 2 LNG plant in which it holds a 27.5% stake, and which is 50% owned and operated by Russian gas group Gazprom. We cannot – and we will not – stand by," Shell Chief Executive Officer Ben van Beurden said in a statement announcing the move and calling Russia's attack a "senseless act of military aggression". He added that his company was talking to governments about securing energy supplies to Europe."

F russia. block every IP address coming outta there. all they do is commit cybercrime anyways.

they get on Facebook and twitter railing against the western world while on their iPhones wearing their nikes.

Russia launched a war of aggression and out of the blue, russia threatens everyone with nuclear war.

you guys suck and the world is done with your BS. have fun becoming a pariah state and irrelevant.

Mortem Tyrannis

Quote Originally Posted by subadar View Post
    russia threatens everyone with nuclear war.
    This to me would be the point where I could consider this a different situation than other wars past.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_toad View Post
    Putin murdering thousands of Ukrainians a day isn't about politics, it's about human rights. Asking a gaming company like EG7 to do the right thing to support human rights is a perfectly appropriate topic for the general forums here. Don't want to disturb your gaming peace and quite while you retreat from the real world into a game? Too bad the innocent Ukrainians getting bombed to death don't have that luxury. Wake up people, this is the least, a very small measure of support, that SSG/DBG/EG7 can do for the Ukrainian people.

"
    And where is it going to stop there? Every Tom, Dick, and Harry is going to bring their own real world agenda here and expect their agenda to be accepted here.

This is in the community rules, and with good reason.

"We are a Politics and Religion-free zone. That also includes political language and discussions that amount to political or religious debates."
    "Grandchildren are God's reward for not killing your children when you wanted to."

Yeah, this Thread and any others like it that pop up need Locked ASAP.

I'm surprised this wasn't Locked earlier today but it seems like the SSG LOTRO Team haven't really looked at the Forums on March 2nd.

While I am in total agreement with doing anything short of war to dissuade Putin from his imperialism, I am not sure I agree with things that specifically punish individual Russian people for something they can't control. Keep in mind that press reports claim several thousand Russian citizens have been jailed for publicly protesting this war, and even Russian soldiers have refused to do things their consciences wouldn't allow, putting themselves also at great risk from their superiors. I agree with the policy that this space is best kept politics free and I am personally not in favor of isolating individual Russian citizens that want to play a game that celebrates people coming together in fellowship to overcome power-mad dictators.

What is to be gained by blocking IP addresses of Russian players of a video game? I have spent many hours in lotro playing music with my Russian friends and we share the same interests and have come together in musical endeavors. If you believe these people have any control over what is happening in the Ukraine you are sadly mistaken. They have just about as much control as we do which happens to be next to nothing. Does anyone actually believe that blocking these people from Lotro will do anything for the Ukrainian people? In many respects they are victims of oppression by their own government. And with the current sanctions and whatnot being applied they are being made to suffer for the actions of a select few in positions of power. The Russian people in Lotro that I have been involved with value friendship and love. I count them all as my dear friends and I know they respect me and care for me as if I was one of them. I have discussed this with some of them and they express shock, disgust, and shame with what is happening in the Ukraine but they have no voice. I stand with Ukraine, as I have an adopted granddaughter from there but I will choose who to place the blame on and that is not the average Russian citizen playing a video game. If anyone wants to do something for the Ukraine I would suggest opening your wallet or purse and quit trifling about Russians playing Lotro. Maybe in certain circles this may affect my popularity with some people in game but I find the whole idea as a borderline close-minded ignorance which serves no purpose than to further punish people that are already being punished. I'll take my lumps if need be but I just don't see how this helps anyone.
    Last edited by SirWeet; Mar 02 2022 at 10:26 PM.
    Sir Weet
    Lord High Master of DisEnchanted kinship and band
    Purveyor of Sarcastic Drivel and General Nonsense

Quote Originally Posted by Harvain View Post
    Yeah, this Thread and any others like it that pop up need Locked ASAP.

I'm surprised this wasn't Locked earlier today but it seems like the SSG LOTRO Team haven't really looked at the Forums on March 2nd.
    Xsolla is owned by a Russian and has Russian employees in Russia.

EG7 is now a front for the sanctioned Columbus Renova investment group from Russia.

inb4lock

Quote Originally Posted by subadar View Post
    F russia. block every IP address coming outta there. all they do is commit cybercrime anyways.

they get on Facebook and twitter railing against the western world while on their iPhones wearing their nikes.

Russia launched a war of aggression and out of the blue, russia threatens everyone with nuclear war.

you guys suck and the world is done with your BS. have fun becoming a pariah state and irrelevant.
    ... and all the best wishes to you, subadar

Quote Originally Posted by sapienze View Post

EG7 is now a front for the sanctioned Columbus Renova investment group from Russia.

inb4lock
    Well, Xsolla's Main HQ is in the USA and has been there since 2010 and are officially reincorporated as a US company California Corporation.

They provide Payment Options for Valve/Steam, Epic Games, Twitch, LOTRO, etc.

Yes, they still run an office in Moscow, Russia.

They also have other Offices in China, South Korea, Germany, and so on for a total of 13 Offices on 3 Continents.

It's not a crime to do business although if events such as we are seeing can cause the REASONS to do business with any Group to no longer be possible.

Let's not be spreading Rumors about Enad Global 7, Daybreak Games Company & Standing Stone Games especially who I will note HAS several folks who are Ukrainians or Ukrainian Descent. So what is happening in the World right now hits our Development Team at the core for X amount of Team Members.

Whatever occurred back in 2018 only involved Daybreak Games back in the Mid 2010s and nothing major has happened since well before Enad Global 7 Purchased them in Dec 2020.

Enad Global 7 also Purchased many other Groups: Piranha Games who I will point out are supposedly working on the Lord of the Rings Online here in 2022 and they did purchase the Russian publisher Innova in February 2021 which their Games are: Games published by the company in Russia include Blade & Soul, Aion, Ragnarok Online, Crowfall, Point Blank, RF Online.

Which this is all just Gaming.

Sadly, more than likely our Russian fellow Gamers for the Lord of the Rings Online and Dungeons & Dragons Online will likely fairly soon no longer be with us.

And those folks who have been here with us regardless of when they started playing the Lord of the Rings Online will be missed for what they brought to both of our Games' Communities.

Regardless of what actions might be happening at any point of history: Past, Present, Future that affects the ability of our fellow Gamers to enjoy the World that Tolkien first wrote & Turbine & Standing Stone Games ensured grew and still is growing as a Video Game MMORPG.

Which is what these 2 Gaming Communities shared a single thing in common together REGARDLESS of Race, Nationality, and so on: We all play LOTRO & DDO.
    Last edited by Harvain; Mar 03 2022 at 12:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alraune View Post
    You know, I quit World of Warcraft when they banned all Syrians and half of my guild disappeared overnight.
    Later, I quit Wildstar when they banned all Ukrainians, Cubans, Iranians, Syrians, Armenians, Uzbeks, Georgians, Moldovans... and about two thirds of names in my friend list went silent.
    Since I have no desire to leave yet another game behind, I politely suggest you to take your net-neutrality-defying idea and insert it where sun doesn't shine.

It helps nobody. In fact, it only hurts little people and their friends.
    And if you like making pointless gestures so much, you can always become a mime. :P
    I agree wholeheartedly. I treated the Russians I know with respect and friendship instead of the torment and abuse some were getting when they came to our servers. In return I was received into their circles with open arms and found warm and loving friends among them. The average Russian citizen has nothing to do with what is happening in the Ukraine and I have an adopted granddaughter from there that I love with all my heart. My eyes are open and I know the score. If I thought my Russian friends had anything to do with what is happening in the Ukraine I would say so and act upon it. But that is not what I feel nor is it what I was told by some of these friends. There are many victims in something like this. The average citizen in Russia has no voice and they are not responsible for the actions of one man and his cronies and should they speak out they can face dire consequences in most cases. As it is the average Russian citizen will pay a great economic price for something that is out of their control. Direct your hatred to where it is needed... The person responsible for this nightmare... Putin.
    Sir Weet
    Lord High Master of DisEnchanted kinship and band
    Purveyor of Sarcastic Drivel and General Nonsense

Quote Originally Posted by SirWeet View Post
    If I thought my Russian friends had anything to do with what is happening in the Ukraine I would say so and act upon it.
    Does that matter? Do the Ukrainian people have anything to do with this? It feels like a double standard. Why do the Russian people get a pass but the Ukrainian people do not get a pass?

I live in Poland. A Russian couple moved into my apartment in just before New Year's Eve, the girl then started her studies in Slovakia 1 month later. He still lives here.

While they were quiet they always said hello and the guy was happy to talk about matters related to the apartment. I managed to be in the kitchen last night while he was in the apartment and he left his bedroom to go to the bathroom, I greeted him and silence. My guess is that he feels so awkward and ashamed for his government that he is avoiding even simple greetings, and I don't blame him. I dread to think how his girlfriend is coping; I hope she made and kept some friends. They are both alone in these respective countries, he has avoided the draft and both of them probably thank god daily.

They left Russia to secure a good life for themselves; not every Russian is fortunate enough to have also left before this happened and not get shut off from the world. Compassion won't win any wars, but imagine for a moment to be in their position. One day you're just playing lotro minding your own business and then your President decides he wants a piece of land back.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/222190000001ddbef/01005/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by TobiasEstForte View Post
    I live in Poland. A Russian couple moved into my apartment in just before New Year's Eve, the girl then started her studies in Slovakia 1 month later. He still lives here.

While they were quiet they always said hello and the guy was happy to talk about matters related to the apartment. I managed to be in the kitchen last night while he was in the apartment and he left his bedroom to go to the bathroom, I greeted him and silence. My guess is that he feels so awkward and ashamed for his government that he is avoiding even simple greetings, and I don't blame him. I dread to think how his girlfriend is coping; I hope she made and kept some friends. They are both alone in these respective countries, he has avoided the draft and both of them probably thank god daily.

They left Russia to secure a good life for themselves; not every Russian is fortunate enough to have also left before this happened and not get shut off from the world. Compassion won't win any wars, but imagine for a moment to be in their position. One day you're just playing lotro minding your own business and then your President decides he wants a piece of land back.
    So the Russians are the victims here?

Quote Originally Posted by Snowlock View Post
    So the Russians are the victims here?
    Snow, there's a two page thread where most of it is you failing to understand very simple arguments because they were answers you didn't like.

The fact that you turned my post that mentions nothing about Ukrainians, into one that's ignoring Ukrainian plight, means you've done the same here; failed to comprehend what is being conveyed but because it's not mirroring your own words it must be inherently bad in some fashion.

"Treat Russians as neutral parties" somehow becomes "Who cares about Ukrainians", dude c'mon. You would think people wanted Russians to be treated like Germans post WW2 for the next 5 decades the way some write. There are still Poles who think every German they meet has some innate desire to take over Europe, this is not healthy thinking.

How far does it go? Shall we ban Russians from reading Lord of the Rings? From reading at all? Eventually it gets to a point where Russians will support the war because they're being unfairly treated by the world and demand justice. Blacks got unfair treatment, to understate it - now you have extremists who would like to see the entire white population swept from the earth. I'm not happy about using such sweeping comparisons, but one needs to think outside of "Russia bad".
    Last edited by TobiasEstForte; Mar 03 2022 at 02:55 AM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/222190000001ddbef/01005/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

What you (the OP) are suggesting is very close to racism and hate speech, and I don't think it's permitted against anyone.

I wouldn't like to fan the flames of a heated political topic (and of course war is an ugly and terrible business where those who suffer or die have nothing to do with whoever are to blame for starting it), but think on that: any conflict has more than one reason, and if (e.g.) EU had refrained from building NATO military bases in Ukraine, the whole disaster might have been avoided. Other countries have acted against a dangerous neighbour before, and that was acceptable. Remember: the truth lies in between, and of course both sides are withholding unsuitable information from the public.
    Anyway, the damage has been done and Russia will continue to be punished - not for "what you do", but for "what you've done". And, suggestions to bully people just for some sort of "collective responsibility" won't achieve anything.

As for sanctions, they are meant to act against government-related companies, banks and powerful oligarchs, not against simple people (at least that's how they're worded) - even if simple people will certainly feel it. That's why shareholders are moving out of Russia. As for concerts cancelled, that should be mostly due to impossibility to fly in and to transfer their fees to their accounts. What do you want - ban video games, ban every trade such as pet food, or wine, or kids' toys? Will it stop the war, when those in power are already targeted?

It's not a crime to do business although if events such as we are seeing can cause the REASONS to do business with any Group to no longer be possible.
    It isn't until it is.

Let's not be spreading Rumors
    Or it isn't until the shell games are uncovered. There is so much well documented info out there its really hard to not know it.

Sadly, more than likely our Russian fellow Gamers
    I'm going to fix this for you.

Sadly, more than likely our Russian speaking fellow Gamers

I've nothing against any player regardless of distinction. People being oppressed have choices. Ex. American colonies were being suppressed/oppressed until they weren't.

inb4lock
    Are you suggesting that we should all stop playing LOTRo? Isn't that where your thinking takes us?

It isn't until it is.

Or it isn't until the shell games are uncovered. There is so much well documented info out there its really hard to not know it.

I'm going to fix this for you.

Sadly, more than likely our Russian speaking fellow Gamers

I've nothing against any player regardless of distinction. People being oppressed have choices. Ex. American colonies were being suppressed/oppressed until they weren't.
    Have they? They had a revolution exchanging one dictator for another. In fact, even our own government is corrupt and our own media spouts propaganda instead of investigating the truth. How much worse in Russia and other countries. But don't worry, Putin will pull the plug t avoid western propaganda to influence his subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by TobiasEstForte View Post
    Snow, there's a two page thread where most of it is you failing to understand very simple arguments because they were answers you didn't like.
    So we're trolling now. I'm not surprised.

The Russian Kleptocrats who laundered their money through Daybreak for years already cashed out when the company was bought out, I'm sure.

Banning Russian IP's from playing these games or spending on them is nonsense that would have no impact on the terrible actions of the Russian government. That'd be pure spite and misdirected at that.
    Landroval - The Council of the Secret Fire Friendly, Casual, Mature, and always seeking more!
    Message moondog548 here, on Steam, Twitch, and Discord as moondog548#6830
    Moondog on Landroval, Isilroa on Anor, Reckless on Bombadil

Many Russians are against what Putin's doing. They're protesting and being jailed for it. Putin doesn't play LotRO; he wouldn't be hurt by a ban. So if you indiscriminately ban Russian IP addresses, you're more likely hurting good people and depriving them of a source of comfort.

Quote Originally Posted by LadySelene View Post
    What you (the OP) are suggesting is very close to racism and hate speech, and I don't think it's permitted against anyone.
    So first of all, Russians are Caucasian, so it's not racism. And he's taking the lead from what other entities are doing so it's not hate speech either. I'm not saying he's right or wrong, just that what your saying is wrong.

As for sanctions, they are meant to act against government-related companies, banks and powerful oligarchs, not against simple people (at least that's how they're worded) - even if simple people will certainly feel it. That's why shareholders are moving out of Russia. As for concerts cancelled, that should be mostly due to impossibility to fly in and to transfer their fees to their accounts. What do you want - ban video games, ban every trade such as pet food, or wine, or kids' toys? Will it stop the war, when those in power are already targeted?
    You seem to be saying a few different things here. Sanctions like the government is doing is definitely targeting banks and oligarchs. But regular people will be impacted too, and that's intentional. Sanctions wage war on an economy. Which isn't just made up of the rich and powerful. They know this, those that are applying the sanctions. They're designed to make life difficult on everyone.

The second part is completely false. Concerts are cancelled in unity with the Ukrainians, the press announcements literally say so. And you're not addressing the films being pulled as well, which obviously is targeted directly at Russia as a people. And to me that's where the parallel is to be drawn.

I'm not saying it's right or wrong, I'm just saying it's there.

Quote Originally Posted by LadySelene View Post

I wouldn't like to fan the flames of a heated political topic (and of course war is an ugly and terrible business where those who suffer or die have nothing to do with whoever are to blame for starting it), but think on that: any conflict has more than one reason, and if (e.g.) EU had refrained from building NATO military bases in Ukraine, the whole disaster might have been avoided. Other countries have acted against a dangerous neighbour before, and that was acceptable. Remember: the truth lies in between, and of course both sides are withholding unsuitable information from the public.
    Anyway, the damage has been done and Russia will continue to be punished - not for "what you do", but for "what you've done". And, suggestions to bully people just for some sort of "collective responsibility" won't achieve anything.

bull#### to your bothsiderism. This is a grotesque war of aggression for absolutely ZERO good reason. A whim of a declining syphilitic madman.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast