We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Exclamation why isn't sari surma being closed?

everyone is farming gold traceries on t2 cap level.

Because its the only source of them apart from the Epic due to the slightly fuzzy nature of the LI change not putting in the tokens to let folk select stuff.

By the same token there are other instances you can run as often as you like for teal traceries which are far faster to do and the difference is pretty marginal.
    Mithithil Ithryndi

And maybe its fun to farm this chest so often you want or you have 6 people. 6 people having fun for 1-2 hours, all classes welcome. People who have to leave can easily be replaced.

Totally crazy concept, i know. Almost groundbreaking for a MMO.

Quote Originally Posted by imheretoask View Post
    Seems like a reasonable and normal concept to me in an MMO. Do level cap t2 instance, get level cap relevant reward.

Now, if only there were other instances in the game we could do at level cap t2, oh wait . . . . .
    Sometimes, no matter how hard you look, there is no best light.

Update 28 is changing them to teal. So after that you'll only see Ivar runs and those will be REALLY selective. Hope you'll enjoy being inspected and denied compared to now.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/222190000001ddbef/01005/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Whats your problem with that ???

please close it, some of us can't farm it because we are tired from working during the day. it's unfair to those who are working, i'm too tired to farm SS after working all day.

Why would they close it? They put them in there intentionally.

Of course, it would have been nice if they had put gold traceries in *current* content instead of something from 2011.
    Work like no one is watching, dance like you don't need the money...

please close it, some of us can't farm it because we are tired from working during the day. it's unfair to those who are working, i'm too tired to farm SS after working all day.
    So those of us who can and are able to do it shouldn't be able too because you are too tired from work?

Hey I get tired too! I still manage a few runs here and there but I'm not crying to have it closed.

Geez man

(Starting to think TROLL post here)
    Formerly from Elendilmir

A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan next week.
    Gen. Patton

So perhaps we should close all the game worlds until you are feeling more awake? Sure...
    Bothering Goblins since 2007

Please close all raids, for people who can't raid due to family obligations. It's simply unfair to them.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/222190000001ddbef/01005/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Ermmm, no.

I don't have time to farm it either, in fact I haven't had time to run it even once yet. Job, house to run, autistic teenager to take care of. I don't have time to go to the local pub on a weekend either, but that doesn't mean they should close it.

I don't request to remove the fun for everyone else, just because of my own circumstances.

Makes me wonder, what do you have time for in the game? Perhaps they should get rid of it, if I don't have time to do it?

Troll Post, and apart from that the most stupid reason i've ever read.

...I'm 16 and play a champ and am too lazy to farm anyrthing or get out of bed please give me everything...

:-)

By the same token would the OP like thw DoP B1 farming to stop because of his reasons? While gold is better than teal, its not lots better
    Or School and Library which can be done as often as you like in, well for one its three pulls if you are careful!

Would some kind group please take the poor person in on a PUG basis
    Mithithil Ithryndi

Quote Originally Posted by Mithithil View Post
    Because its the only source of them apart from the Epic due to the slightly fuzzy nature of the LI change not putting in the tokens to let folk select stuff.

The Ivar boss fight from the Ost Dunhoth raid drops them as-well, and are tradable unlike the Sari Surma ones.

But the OP is in luck, Update 32 BR patch notes #3 already say that Sari will get a tracery nerf
    Evernight

Quote Originally Posted by Sennah View Post
    And maybe its fun to farm this chest so often you want or you have 6 people. 6 people having fun for 1-2 hours, all classes welcome. People who have to leave can easily be replaced.

Totally crazy concept, i know. Almost groundbreaking for a MMO.
    People farming old content, repetitively, to get traceries that they only need for new, challenging content. That may be common in MMOs, but is it really a good thing? SSG has been quite clear that they would prefer folks run up-to-date content, yet once word-of-mouth spreads "hey guys! you can get gold traceries from SS T2!" then everyone gloms onto that and won't let go of it, without a drastic change to the loot tables. Part of the blame lays with SSG with not setting up a decent reward structure to sufficiently incentivize the running of newer content, but also a lot of the blame falls on the userbase, for their herd mentality, their lemmings-off-a-cliff behavior.

There is a third way. They could expand the Featured Instance concept. Have several featured instances every week, and have the featured-instance boxes drop really good, endgame stuff, like gold traceries. If people are going to run old content anyway, have them run a variety of old content, rather than the same stupid instance over and over and over again.

Quote Originally Posted by egarthur View Post
    People farming old content, repetitively, to get traceries that they only need for new, challenging content. That may be common in MMOs, but is it really a good thing? SSG has been quite clear that they would prefer folks run up-to-date content, yet once word-of-mouth spreads "hey guys! you can get gold traceries from SS T2!" then everyone gloms onto that and won't let go of it, without a drastic change to the loot tables. Part of the blame lays with SSG with not setting up a decent reward structure to sufficiently incentivize the running of newer content, but also a lot of the blame falls on the userbase, for their herd mentality, their lemmings-off-a-cliff behavior.

There is a third way. They could expand the Featured Instance concept. Have several featured instances every week, and have the featured-instance boxes drop really good, endgame stuff, like gold traceries. If people are going to run old content anyway, have them run a variety of old content, rather than the same stupid instance over and over and over again.
    Problem is the lack of a dedicated staff member at SSG for the moment who would maintain the latter system. Most either focus on developing updates or a temporarily brought on for periodic system changes but returned to their original role at the conclusion.

Quote Originally Posted by egarthur View Post

You mean that FI system that utilises and makes relevant all that old instance content? Either its not good enough, or it is. Sure, it will give more variety, but you're kinda playing a double edged sword there. I don't see anything wrong with games keeping all their content relevant. The locks at end game nowadays means run wild til their done, then log out (unless you're in my shoes at the moment and barely have time to even log in), so the more content there is to run, the better.

CaerArianrhod is offline Rohirrim Scout
    Guardian of Erebrandir's Horseshoe's Secret
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    Now, if only there were other instances in the game we could do at level cap t2, oh wait . . . . .
    Barad Guldur - 12 man - end boss on T2 challenge. Everyone get a fellowship tradable (still totally random) one.
    Ost Dunhot - 12 man - Ivar and Gotheron T2
    Remmorchant - 12 man - Rukhor on T3

For none of them is easy to get ppl for, if you are not in a constant raid.
    Saru Suma is easy only if ppl know what to do. I have seen 15 minutes runs, and I have seen hours of tries without success.

SSG is removing "only" the legendary traceries, instead it will drop teal ones. No one ever will run that instance any more for tracery. To get just a teal one is the instance far too long and not worth to run it. The raids are and will be inaccessible for 90% of players. (for example, why T3 and why Rukhor only?)

SSG is removing the legendary traceries from Sari Suma because we are not playing the game the way as how SSG is dictating to play it. Now we got punished because we are playing the game.

We all should fear the coming legendary reward track. It will be not optional, and it will be not player friendly. It will be a mandatory grind, and SSG is preparing the game for that right now.

You know:
    One Game to rule them all, One Game to find them,
    One Game to bring them all, and in the grind bind them,
    In the Mindset of SSG where the Madness lie.

On Gladden, I'm logged into the game off and on throughout all hours of the day, and it's pretty rare to see more than one group at a time doing Sari Surma. Occasionally I see two groups but that's few and far between.

What mythical server are you on where dozens of people are doing SS?

Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    I don't see anything wrong with games keeping all their content relevant. The locks at end game nowadays means run wild til their done, then log out (unless you're in my shoes at the moment and barely have time to even log in), so the more content there is to run, the better.
    I'm with you there. Making only end content instances worthwhile running as far as loot is concerned makes the game boring very quickly. I've been asking for a new FI cycle for years now. I want my game to be diversified and interesting. Running instances like an assembly line job isn't what falls into that category for me.
    There's some good in this world, and it is worth fighting for.

Quote Originally Posted by Fr0striven View Post
    On Gladden, I'm logged into the game off and on throughout all hours of the day, and it's pretty rare to see more than one group at a time doing Sari Surma. Occasionally I see two groups but that's few and far between.

What mythical server are you on where dozens of people are doing SS?
    Well, Evernight isn't "mythical", but it's a lot busier than Gladden, especially at peak EU time. As I write this, I see 7 non-anon people in Sari-Surma. At least 2 groups, right? Not that rare, on a more-populated server...

It's funny , cause most groups doing SS nowadays find a number of ways to wipe and vast majority of those groups don't really do it on farm mode , instead it's rather slow and with a wipe in between.
    Last lvl cap was a complete faceroll , no tank , no healer needed and SSG didn't nerf it and most certainly didn't close it.
    What's even funnier is that it's not the best way to get gold traceries either.

Hmmm.... I am not assuming it has smth to do with battle pass right ? You know , the new thingie that will save us all from grinding runes for our LIs as they raise in ilvl ? ( purple in particular )
    Someone paranoid could claim gold traceries awarded from battle pass will be locked behind a ton of mithril coins all over the upcoming UI orrrrrrrrrrrrrr a billion ixp.
    Nah , it cannot be. SSG wouldn't do that ^^

Quote Originally Posted by CaerArianrhod View Post

SSG is removing the legendary traceries from Sari Suma because we are not playing the game the way as how SSG is dictating to play it. Now we got punished because we are playing the game.
    I was told that it was bugged in the fact the normal and challenge chest are mixed up. /shrug

Quote Originally Posted by JimhadaUK View Post
    I was told that it was bugged in the fact the normal and challenge chest are mixed up. /shrug
    Does that mean that the people binge farming it now will get a ban after the update?
    There's some good in this world, and it is worth fighting for.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast