We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by LordOfTheSquids View Post
    - Sari-surma top end LI tracery reward has been reduced from legendary to incomparable.
    Even if what others have said about the LI rewards track possibly making up for this, it's still the wrong approach. Everything SSG has been up to lately is pigeonholing players into interacting with very specific content for really no reason. This has been a problem for a long time with things like the class trait point system, or even the side quest "philosophy" first implemented during Rohan and carried through many other expansions where in order to have any content available in a certain location, it's required to first complete every single quest in the previous location. But it's only getting worse. Player choice is the key to player enjoyment, in my opinion, and that's what SSG is apparently trying their hardest to kill.

You used to be able to run a variety of instances for embers, now it's just the (very boring and tedious) weeklies. When the new LI system first launched, there were many different instances that could be run to earn gold traceries, and since then SSG has only been limiting the options. SS T2 was the only instance I've been seeing people run for gold traceries, and now it's no longer an option. My only question is, WHY? These kinds of decisions should not be made, period, but at the very least should not be made without a thoughtful explanation to the player base.

Quote Originally Posted by punker_rocker View Post
    Even if what others have said about the LI rewards track possibly making up for this, it's still the wrong approach. Everything SSG has been up to lately is pigeonholing players into interacting with very specific content for really no reason. This has been a problem for a long time with things like the class trait point system, or even the side quest "philosophy" first implemented during Rohan and carried through many other expansions where in order to have any content available in a certain location, it's required to first complete every single quest in the previous location. But it's only getting worse. Player choice is the key to player enjoyment, in my opinion, and that's what SSG is apparently trying their hardest to kill.

You used to be able to run a variety of instances for embers, now it's just the (very boring and tedious) weeklies. When the new LI system first launched, there were many different instances that could be run to earn gold traceries, and since then SSG has only been limiting the options. SS T2 was the only instance I've been seeing people run for gold traceries, and now it's no longer an option. My only question is, WHY? These kinds of decisions should not be made, period, but at the very least should not be made without a thoughtful explanation to the player base.
    These kinds of decisions will not be explained because that will defeat the purpose of these changes.
    You will grind your hamsterwheel and you will be happy.
    From f2p to p2w: nothing here is accidental
    https://www.gdcvault.com/play/102469...g-Monetization

For the last few years, probably since Far Anonorien, when something is first released there is one or more areas where people can farm away and get the best of the best armor, jewelry, weapons, currency, whatever. After a month of two of the farms happening they shut this avenue down for the rest of the folks that stopped to run quests and enjoy the story line. Elderslade was a bit different because we could all participate and get armor and weapons and instances were doable for pretty much everyone. Now we are back to the farm when it first gets released and those that don't can wait for the next expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Neinda View Post
    For the last few years, probably since Far Anonorien, when something is first released there is one or more areas where people can farm away and get the best of the best armor, jewelry, weapons, currency, whatever. After a month of two of the farms happening they shut this avenue down for the rest of the folks that stopped to run quests and enjoy the story line. Elderslade was a bit different because we could all participate and get armor and weapons and instances were doable for pretty much everyone. Now we are back to the farm when it first gets released and those that don't can wait for the next expansion.
    Are you talking about this game, right? Remmorchant raid was released in early 2020 and had a bis gear until the war of the three peaks in the end of 2020 with new jewellery and tokens for upgrading remmo armor. Yes, there were some festivals with some pieces but they hardly made a huge difference, especially if you dont play raids on high tiers. Raid wasnt even released yet, so idk what ppl should farm now and what crucial they'll miss if they dont farm, since raid gear will be better than almost everything you can get right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Braer View Post
    Out of the 59 key test ($200) worth I got one Gundabad Gold Shattered and one Cyan for Archive bartering specific missing Traceries.

Got loads and loads of Rugs, is Winter coming? Or does it arrive with U32?
    I am not sure on your math.... How did you calculate $200 = 59 keys?

The $200 ($199 U$D) package is 23,000 LP (12,500 + 10,500 bonus)
    A single black steel key is 195 LP
    A package of 5 black steel keys is 900 LP

If you were to buy them individually, that would be 23,000 divided by 195 = 117 keys
    If you were to buy in packs of 5 that would be 23,000 divided by 900 multiplied by 5 = 127 keys

However, if you were to purchase LP during one of the many double bonus LP, your $200 ($199 U$D) package yields 33,500 LP
    In this case, buying individually yields 171 keys and buying in packs of 5 yields 186 keys

That is interesting that you received so many rugs - do the rugs break down into figments or were they worth just a few coin?

Quote Originally Posted by Sunseekre View Post
    I am not sure on your math.... How did you calculate $200 = 59 keys?

The $200 ($199 U$D) package is 23,000 LP (12,500 + 10,500 bonus)
    A single black steel key is 195 LP
    A package of 5 black steel keys is 900 LP

If you were to buy them individually, that would be 23,000 divided by 195 = 117 keys
    If you were to buy in packs of 5 that would be 23,000 divided by 900 multiplied by 5 = 127 keys

However, if you were to purchase LP during one of the many double bonus LP, your $200 ($199 U$D) package yields 33,500 LP
    In this case, buying individually yields 171 keys and buying in packs of 5 yields 186 keys

That is interesting that you received so many rugs - do the rugs break down into figments or were they worth just a few coin?
    Ah sorry! My mistake, I took a figure off the wiki but didn't add any bonus points. You'd think someone at SSG would have hauled me over the coals for misleading players.
    So it's under $100 not $200. Frankly I didn't realise how much extra the bonuses got you. All the rugs got turned into figments along with the other cosmetics and housing items.
    So you can't buy Points without some bonus? Like a DFS sale. Not such a fan of a sales economic model as it suggests lack of value is the norm and generates dependency.

Quote Originally Posted by Braer View Post
    Ah sorry! My mistake, I took a figure off the wiki but didn't add any bonus points. You'd think someone at SSG would have hauled me over the coals for misleading players.
    So it's under $100 not $200. Frankly I didn't realise how much extra the bonuses got you. All the rugs got turned into figments along with the other cosmetics and housing items.
    So you can't buy Points without some bonus? Like a DFS sale. Not such a fan of a sales economic model as it suggests lack of value is the norm and generates dependency.
    Perhaps that is a relic of the old Lotro Points codes you used to be able to buy from the Lotro Market and elsewhere - in terms of LP and the LP codes, what you bought was what you got. Perhaps the 'bonus' points was a way to encourage people to buy directly from the game. I have always bought LP directly from the game as I prefer to support the game directly.

Either way, it seems that the bonus points are the way that SSG puts LP on sale be it regular price, double bonus, or rarely triple bonus. Rather than marking down the prices of packages, they increase the amount of bonus to have a perception of increased value. There is really only 3 ways SSG monetizes this game: money comes in from VIP subscriptions; money comes in from purchasing LP Point packages from Lotro Market; and money comes in during the first 6 months of the expansions or when it is heavily discounted as was done Black Friday/Christmas sales. After 6 months most people use LP gained from VIP allotment (no additional $ comes in) , LP grinding (no $ comes in) or previous LP point purchases (no additional $ comes in after points purchased). But I digress and am getting off topic.

Thank you for your clarification on how you calculated 59 keys :-)

Enjoy!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2