We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bullroarer Update 32 - Beta #3 - CLOSED

Bullroarer is CLOSED
    Thank you for your participation and feedback!

Server Opening Time: Wednesday, 01/12 ~11:30 AM EST
    Server Closing Time: Friday, 01/14 ~3:00 PM EST (Subject to Change)

Housing Update
    One of Smaug’s last treasure hoards has been opened and the Dwarves of Erebor have moved to reclaim it! Join them in owning a piece of Midde-earth, in the Great Hall under the Mountain!

This new premium neighbourhood will include twelve Base Premium Houses, one special Base Premium House, six Deluxe Premium Houses, and one Premium Kinship house, along with a full suite of town services and social spaces for you to enjoy with your kinship and neighbors!

In addition to the new neighbourhood, Erebor Housing introduces new exterior music and dayfile hook types to allow players even more customization options for their homes and extends the usage of housing permissions to allow players to make their yards fully private from uninvited guests.!

New Housing:
    - New neighborhood consists of 12 Base Houses, 1 Base+ House, 6 Deluxe Houses, and 1 Kinship House
    Introduces the following new features to housing:
    • Private yards! Set usage permissions on the gate leading to your home to allow only those you want to be able to open the doors!
    • Cave Dayfiles! Change how you experience subterranean living with a set of Dayfile objects to change the lighting in your front yard!
    • Exterior Music! Music Boxes are now available for yards!

- Fun Neighborhood Features:
    • Full suite of town services/travel options!
    • Take the high dive into swimmable gold coins!
    • Get your friends, enemies and spectators to participate in a life-sized game of chess or checkers!
      - Preview Only:
    • Erebor Broker and Real Estate Ledger are accessible in the E&G Tavern basement next to the Rohan Housing Brokers.
    • Decoration items can be purchased from Trotter in Tavern.

Release Notes - Beta #3:

General:
    - Embers, Motes, and Figments Changes: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...s-and-Figments
    - Rohan Housing now supports exterior Dayfile and Music Hooks.
    - Rohan Housing Interiors now support multiple Music Hooks.
    - Cape of Belfalas Housing now supports exterior Dayfile and Music Hooks.
    - Cape of Belfalas Housing Interiors now support multiple Music Hooks.
    - Lay of Rust and Rime - Scion of Winter - Stable-master icons will no longer appear on the mini-map during this instance.
    - Pluralized name of Shattered Traceries was incorrectly appearing as Fragmented Traceries.
    - Launcher provides a 'Continue' button on the fault page to start the game after the error report, as well as a couple bug fixes.
    - Reclaiming the Mountain-hold (Weekly) now awards 1500 Embers of Enchantment, up from 500.
    - Challenges of Gundabad (Weekly) now awards 1500 Embers of Enchantment, up from 500.
    Classes:
    - Beorning - Fixed a few Trait description errors.
    - Burglar - Bob and Weave effect description fixed.
    - Burglar - Improved Feint description now correctly indicates that it allows the use of a single from-stealth skill during its duration.
    - Guardian - The CC immunity granted by Turn Tables is now visible.
    - Hunter - Barbed arrow dots were improperly benefitting from an instant damage bonus, but in the case of fire/light arrows, was also missing induction damage bonuses. Both of these issues have been fixed.

Instances:
    - Instances - Adjusted how armor penalties are handled in tiered instance content. It now scales more smoothly from t2-t5, and no longer treats medium/light armor more punitively than heavy. However, the overall penalty by T4/T5 has increased.
    - Scion buffs have been removed from enemies in the Dhúrstrok boss fights.
    - Den of Pughlak - Removed some visual effects that would stick onto players even after they left the instance.
    - Houses of Rest:
    • Tier 4 & 5 are available.
    • Reduction Health of for both Loknashra and Vethug.
    • Adkhat-zahhar, The Houses of Rest -- Tier 3 -- Leading the Charge deed now active.
    • Updated on Shadow Strike Ability on Loknashra.
    • Updated Damage based on additional feedback.

Legendary Items:
    - Removed several more old sources of old LI relics and scrolls.
    - Blemished and Flawed Symbols can now be deconstructed for Ancient Script.
    - Scrolls of Combination can now be disenchanted for Ancient Script.
    - Old relic removal scrolls can now be disenchanted into tracery removal scrolls.
    - Sari-surma top end LI tracery reward has been reduced from legendary to incomparable.
    Last edited by Kehleyr_SSG; Jan 14 2022 at 03:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LordOfTheSquids View Post
    Instances:
    - Instances - Adjusted how armor penalties are handled in tiered instance content. It now scales more smoothly from t2-t5, and no longer treats medium/light armor more punitively than heavy. However, the overall penalty by T4/T5 has increased..
    Would be better off removing it, mostly just ensures that the majority of players have no idea whether or not they're stat capped because the mitigation percentages written in the character panel aren't actually correct.
    ~ Take the player, not the class ~

Increasing the ember rewards for weekly quests DOES NOT make up for the plans SSG have for embers in the future. The weeklies we have are not fun. If anyone of you developers played the game, you'd know that. This feels like an attempt to appease the huge number of pissed off people.
    Last edited by Feldanor; Jan 12 2022 at 12:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Feldanor View Post
    Increasing the ember rewards for weekly quests DOES NOT make up for the plans SSG have for embers in the future. The weeklies we have are not fun. If anyone of you developers played the game, you'd know that. I know the ember motes figment changes are not in this patch, but this feels like an attempt to appease the huge number of pissed off people.
    How do you know the changes are not in this patch? Have you logged into BR already? I am confused.... It clearly states Update 32 in the title of this thread... Apologies if this is obvious...!

Legendary Items:
    - Sari-surma top end LI tracery reward has been reduced from legendary to incomparable.
    Why do you keep taking things away without adding any alternative routes?

Quote Originally Posted by Starkorm View Post
    Why do you keep taking things away without adding any alternative routes?
    It probably interferes with the upcoming Reward Track!?

General:
    - Embers, Motes, and Figments Changes: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...s-and-Figments

- Reclaiming the Mountain-hold (Weekly) now awards 1500 Embers of Enchantment, up from 500.
    - Challenges of Gundabad (Weekly) now awards 1500 Embers of Enchantment, up from 500.
    I'm sorry but this is not enough to replace the embers we get from deconstructing useless gear we get from instances. Let me correct your oversight:
    - On a Mission (Weekly) now awards 1500 Embers of Enchantment, up from 500.
    - On a Continuing Mission (Weekly) now awards 1500 Embers of Enchantment, up from 500.
    - All gear in-game that will disenchant into Embers will come from level cap instances released after/with Mordor.
    And what about new sources for figments? Oh, and don't you dare to offer a choice between Embers and Figments as rewards, - you want to saparate the two types of currency by disabling conversion, you follow through on that separation. We need ways to get Figments outside of festivals/lootboxes/most rare hobbit gift drops.

Quote Originally Posted by Sk0field View Post
    How do you know the changes are not in this patch? Have you logged into BR already? I am confused.... It clearly states Update 32 in the title of this thread... Apologies if this is obvious...!

No you are totally right my error, I missed it. They are supposed to be in this patch. Even still my point stands. It's not a viable substitution.

Ah, the reward track, the solution to all our problems! xD

Also, I agree with Joedangod's post coz I'm one of those who's not enlightened enough to see behind the scenes of our stats.

General:
    - Challenges of Gundabad (Weekly) now awards 1500 Embers of Enchantment, up from 500.[/LIST]

Legendary Items:
    I've only posted on the forum once before I believe but this is quite an important event. I want to congratulate SSG on completely alienating their player base. I started playing this game in May 2021 and has been a VIP since June -- if this goes through, no longer, and I'll probably leave for ESO as I see that SSG is going for the record of
    fastest P2W transition.

Earning 3.5k embers per week from weeklies DO NOT make up for the endless stream of disenchantable gear from instances. There will be no more reason to run instances except 6 for the weekly. Especially when I can spend 8 euros for 3 times that amount in 1 minute. Furthermore, as Feldanor has said in this thread, the weeklies are repetitive and boring.

Lastly, nerfing the most accessible way of farming legendary traceries is a great move, even fewer instances to run now! What's next? Increasing the drop rate of Cracked Gundabad traceries in lootboxes?

Instances:

- Den of Pughlak - Removed some visual effects that would stick onto players even after they left the instance.

How about the crawler room? It's impossible to clear can we get a fix on that? we tried lots of different combo and still were not able to clear it.

Thanks in advance
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/04205010000142064/signature.png]Mistermuggles[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Kevneiros View Post
    Instances:

How about the crawler room? It's impossible to clear can we get a fix on that? we tried lots of different combo and still were not able to clear it.

Thanks in advance
    It's the laggiest/buggiest room but also the easiest to clear atm. Have tank run in, taunt all then go back into the hallway (Pughlak bugged out this way, crawlers can't go into the hallway), then dps goes into the room and kill mind tanglers then pick off crawlers while they're vulnerable - tank should get closer to crawlers here so anti-exploit is off and dps can hit them.

Is anyone doing a loot box opening test just to check out what they return these days? Been a few years since I did one. And does the BR AH have a load of keys posted up like Gorgoroth's beta? Does $200 of keys get me geared?

Blemished and Flawed Symbols can now be deconstructed for Ancient Script.
    Although the Blemished ones disenchant fine, my Flawed (Celebrimbor, if it matters) symbols appear to not be disenchantable -- no Ancient Script value shown on tooltip, Flame of Ancalamir does nothing to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Braer View Post
    Is anyone doing a loot box opening test just to check out what they return these days? Been a few years since I did one. And does the BR AH have a load of keys posted up like Gorgoroth's beta? Does $200 of keys get me geared?
    I've only recently opened boxes using the 4 keys on new chars , and from what i've seen or heard from people i trust , you get a random ember ammount , from a few hundred , up to a 4000 jackpot.
    Then a random ember item. Either purple or teal. You can get extra embers from that also. 200/400 i believe.
    Then you get a cosmetic , which changes when they introduce new figment vendors. Can be pet , cosmetic , mount , warsteed looks , anything the fig vendor has rly. This you can turn into a decent ammount of figments.

I believe there's also a very rare chance you get a gold gundabad tracery.

I got no clue about traveller boxes , prolly the same but with motes. Doubt anyone familiar with the game opens those. Could be wrong. Maybe level 20 vault mules ?
    Someone else can add more propably.

Obviously , all these will defo change on U32.

Quote Originally Posted by Erethen View Post
    It's the laggiest/buggiest room but also the easiest to clear atm. Have tank run in, taunt all then go back into the hallway (Pughlak bugged out this way, crawlers can't go into the hallway), then dps goes into the room and kill mind tanglers then pick off crawlers while they're vulnerable - tank should get closer to crawlers here so anti-exploit is off and dps can hit them.
    i'll try that but it's still a very bugged roomed that should be fixed.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/04205010000142064/signature.png]Mistermuggles[/charsig]

Instances:
    - Instances - Adjusted how armor penalties are handled in tiered instance content. It now scales more smoothly from t2-t5, and no longer treats medium/light armor more punitively than heavy. However, the overall penalty by T4/T5 has increased.
    Please just put numbers on the tooltip of the instance tier buffs. There's no reason to hide something like this behind generic text.

In this beta#3 the caps are still 10,000 and old gear and coffer gear can be flamed for Embers still. But there's a link in notes to CM's post as if it implemented already?

What's occuring? Too soontm or already rolled back? Turns out $200 and the 59 keys you can get with it wasn't enough to fully upgrade coffer jewels and armour... @3.500 per. Return was in the ball park of 40k Embers and 20k Figments. Good news since last I tested, the gear from the loot boxes are not bound to char, account these days.

Quote Originally Posted by BotLike View Post
    I got no clue about traveller boxes , prolly the same but with motes. Doubt anyone familiar with the game opens those. Could be wrong.
    My kids have been opening traveller boxes with their 4 free keys on level 20ish characters. Think they've all had a few hundred motes and a cosmetic item. Some have extra figments or a gear piece. One had a box of warsteed cosmetics.

So I went in to look around. Adventurer's gear is still barterable for embers. There's no enchantment runes for motes. Only thing you could barter for with motes was travelers gear.
    Phrasing! Doesn't anybody do phrasing anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by Snowlock View Post
    So I went in to look around. Adventurer's gear is still barterable for embers. There's no enchantment runes for motes. Only thing you could barter for with motes was travelers gear.
    I think Squids, Raninia and Cordovan need to ask the workers what they have implemented. The first should know what's going on, the second seems to be guessing how it all works and the last forever clueless and just making it up with what limited understanding gotten by the time the meetings breaks up. You have to get your hands dirty and get stuck in or your understanding is going to be flawed and of zero help to yourself or others, even harmful; as so often demonstrated.

Quote Originally Posted by BotLike View Post
    I've only recently opened boxes using the 4 keys on new chars , and from what i've seen or heard from people i trust , you get a random ember ammount , from a few hundred , up to a 4000 jackpot.
    Then a random ember item. Either purple or teal. You can get extra embers from that also. 200/400 i believe.
    Then you get a cosmetic , which changes when they introduce new figment vendors. Can be pet , cosmetic , mount , warsteed looks , anything the fig vendor has rly. This you can turn into a decent ammount of figments.

I believe there's also a very rare chance you get a gold gundabad tracery.

I got no clue about traveller boxes , prolly the same but with motes. Doubt anyone familiar with the game opens those. Could be wrong. Maybe level 20 vault mules ?
    Someone else can add more propably.

Obviously , all these will defo change on U32.
    Out of the 59 key test ($200) worth I got one Gundabad Gold Shattered and one Cyan for Archive bartering specific missing Traceries.

Got loads and loads of Rugs, is Winter coming? Or does it arrive with U32?

- Burglar - Bob and Weave effect description fixed.

Any chance to get "Swift & Subtle" trait that increases Bob and Weave heal also fixed? It is broken and does not increase the heal value at all.

If so then why not take away Ivar?

Quote Originally Posted by hunter4215 View Post
    If so then why not take away Ivar?

I think the correct answer is that they've decided that a 6-man instance should not reward legendary traceries. It should be raids only.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast