We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

LI 3.0 recap after 1 month gameplay

Hello community, Cordovan and Raninia !

For a about a month now I have been playing multiple characters with different levels and collecting various feedbacks from in-game chat (kin, LFF, world) and I finally found some time for this thread.
    From what I read, most people don't like the new system, however it is not bad enough to push more people to complain about it in official forum.

So let's compare LI 3 with the old LI 2:

1. GUI
    Needs to be reworked (Speaking as a software-developer with 15 year experience in programming end user software)
    * Readability
    1. Too much empty space between stats which makes you scroll a lot, can't imagine how people with small resolution screens handle this.
    2. way too many secondary stats make it difficult to find the important things that make a LI unique.
    3. you cannot see tracery level unless you drag and drop the LI in character panel

* advancing the item takes too much effort (why not use right click menu?):
    1. open inventory
    2. open character panel
    3. drag and drop LI
    4. scroll to find your desired tracery
    5. drag and drop enhancement rune on the slot
    6. choose how many runes to use

compared to the old system (about 3-4 seconds):
    1. open inventory
    2. right click scroll
    3. choose LI
    4. choose stat

2. Stats
    This is a topic where we can argue back and forth, however:
    * Tracery main stats are always the same and you make us grind those again and again with every update??? where is the benefit in that?
    * grinding runes to level up the new LI took about the same time as I put in to max out my old LI over the last years...so the point from Raninia's interview to make it easier for new players to reach endgame LI really did not work out.
    * the only benefit in maxxing the LI now are secondary stats. Please leave them on gear, as mentioned above it is just a lot more to read until you find your important stats.

3. "legendary feeling"
    The "legendary" feeling is completely gone - LI 2.0 stats increased by a small amount with every update which felt great. It was my "one and only" weapon that got more powerful along the way and I was proud of it...now it is an empty shell and you have to grind traceries with every update to get THE SAME MAIN STATS.

Personally I don't understand WHY there had to be a new LI system...the old one was just great. A few tweaks like dps increase and you could have used those developer hours for other things.

I love lotro and have been playing it for 12 years now so I really hope we can get back on the "legendary feeling" track!

Jenifer / Hunter 140

Quote Originally Posted by drmoon View Post
    Hello community, Cordovan and Raninia !

For a about a month now I have been playing multiple characters with different levels and collecting various feedbacks from in-game chat (kin, LFF, world) and I finally found some time for this thread.
    From what I read, most people don't like the new system, however it is not bad enough to push more people to complain about it in official forum.

So let's compare LI 3 with the old LI 2:

1. GUI
    Needs to be reworked (Speaking as a software-developer with 15 year experience in programming end user software)
    * Readability
    1. Too much empty space between stats which makes you scroll a lot, can't imagine how people with small resolution screens handle this.
    2. way too many secondary stats make it difficult to find the important things that make a LI unique.
    3. you cannot see tracery level unless you drag and drop the LI in character panel

* advancing the item takes too much effort (why not use right click menu?):
    1. open inventory
    2. open character panel
    3. drag and drop LI
    4. scroll to find your desired tracery
    5. drag and drop enhancement rune on the slot
    6. choose how many runes to use

compared to the old system (about 3-4 seconds):
    1. open inventory
    2. right click scroll
    3. choose LI
    4. choose stat

2. Stats
    This is a topic where we can argue back and forth, however:
    * Tracery main stats are always the same and you make us grind those again and again with every update??? where is the benefit in that?
    * grinding runes to level up the new LI took about the same time as I put in to max out my old LI over the last years...so the point from Raninia's interview to make it easier for new players to reach endgame LI really did not work out.
    * the only benefit in maxxing the LI now are secondary stats. Please leave them on gear, as mentioned above it is just a lot more to read until you find your important stats.

3. "legendary feeling"
    The "legendary" feeling is completely gone - LI 2.0 stats increased by a small amount with every update which felt great. It was my "one and only" weapon that got more powerful along the way and I was proud of it...now it is an empty shell and you have to grind traceries with every update to get THE SAME MAIN STATS.

Personally I don't understand WHY there had to be a new LI system...the old one was just great. A few tweaks like dps increase and you could have used those developer hours for other things.

I love lotro and have been playing it for 12 years now so I really hope we can get back on the "legendary feeling" track!

Jenifer / Hunter 140
    I agree with point #1 -- the UI needs to be improved. We've been told they're working on that.

As to point #2, I think you might still be stuck in the mindset of "maxing LI" -- otherwise why all the griping about stat progression, and how much grinding is required? As has been said many times, most players do not need to max their LIs now. So, if they're driven to max them, it's out of a personal desire, not out of necessity (**cough**Inadequacy Syndrome**cough**). The few who actually need maxed LIs are going to be doing content that permits them to do that, along with maxing all of their other gear. So, for them, it's more of an organic progression. For the masses, it's a choice: grind as much as you wish, to get LIs as powerful as you need, and don't worry about maxing. Maxing LIs can stand out there as a long-term goal to strive for, if you're willing to make the sacrifices demanded of a hardcore raider. If not, then just as you don't have maxed armor, maxed jewellery, maxed essences, etc. you won't have maxed LIs either -- this brings LIs into alignment with everything else, rather than being the lone exception that solos/casuals can max, if they're willing to grind a bit.

For point #3, it's awkward, of course, to objectively debate "feelings", but to me, the legendary-item "feeling" is that the LIs should be acquired once and never replaced (so goodbye, old unimbued LI system), and that the power/effectiveness of them should grow gradually throughout the progression of the character. So goodbye old imbued LI system, where you can max your LI, to be as good as a level-cap character's, as soon as you hit level 100. This new LI system, to me, "feels" more like what it should have been all along -- you get your LIs, they're yours, BFFs, as it were, "keepers", they grow as you grow. Is that not the "feeling" that LIs should have? Does the new system not embody that "feeling" more than the early-times-replacement-oriented, disjointed unimbued-to-imbued-max-at-level-100 system could ever hope to?

For your sub-point of "... WHY there had to be new LI system...the old one was just great." I have to violently disagree with that. As I've pointed out in numerous posts, the new system is simpler and more streamlined, both from the standpoint of the components involved (old system: relics, titles, legacies, scrolls, crystals; new system: traceries, enhancement runes, reforge costs) and also the processes (old system (unimbued): periodic replacement, acquisition of item XP, frequent reforge, allocation of legendary points, deconstruction, farming legacies in preparation for imbuement, (imbued) imbuement itself, application of scrolls and crystals, acquisition of item XP to fill out unlocked tiers; new system: infrequent reforges, application of traceries (replacing occasionally, due to level banding), application of enhancement runes).

I'll stack my 30+ years in IT, dealing with processes and technical complexity, against your 15 years dealing with software. The new system is simpler, from a process/complexity standpoint.

Can you realistically say that the new system has more complexity than the old system, which encompassed both unimbued and imbued LIs? One cannot really call imbued LIs a "replacement system" for unimbued LIs -- that's almost what you seem to be implying by calling the previous system "LI 2"; begging the question "then what was LI 1?" -- since imbuement wasn't available before level 100, so players had to deal with both systems, and the aggregate of their complexity. The complexity of (unimbued + imbued) is way more than the complexity of the unitary system we have now.

People who are intimately familiar with the old system are the ones having the hardest time adjusting to the new system. It's like "new math"; "only a child can do it!" (courtesy Tom Lehrer). My observation is that new players, on the other hand, take to the new LI system like ducks to water -- there's less "stuff" to it, and once they get acquainted/acclimated, they can use the same system for their character's entire career, as opposed to the old system, where they have to learn a substantially different system once they hit level 100 and it's time to imbue.

Before you go down the path of "well, then they should have just moved imbuement to level 45", I've dissected that in another post, which I can dig up if you are interested. The main challenge with that idea is: how do you set the legacies to what they should be? Just let the players choose whatever they want? Sure, if you just give away functionality, that's a crowd-pleaser in the short term, but as a long-term proposition, the RPG formula is reward-for-effort, so there needs to be some way of earning those legacies, and if the answer involves barter, or drops from instances, at any point, then you're on the road to re-inventing the Update 30.3 LI system. In the old system, of course, unimbued LIs got their legacies set initially via RNG (oh joy!), with the option to -- notwithstanding that annoying major/minor restriction, good riddance -- swap the legacies around, if you were willing to decon enough junk, and imbued LIs got their legacies set initially from the unimbued LI's legacies -- with also-annoying "shapeshifting" legacies that changed on imbue, also good riddance -- with the option to change them, if you could afford the relevant scroll. All of that elaborate kabuki dance, just to get the legacies you want, and similar kabuki dances for titles and relics. Now, in the new system, you only need to pick the appropriate "everyday" (uncommon, rare) traceries from the shelf in the Archive, or, if you want top-end (incomparable or legendary) versions of them, then you have a bit more of a challenge (again, reward-for-effort, and most folks don't need to max).

Because the previous version of the Legendary Item System was no longer fit for purpose.

1. The shear number of Empowerment Scrolls and Star-lite Crystals needed to level a set of legendary Items was discouraging new players from 'Paying the Game'. The one advantage the new system has it that DPS is not gimped if you haven't added the maximum number of crystals.

2. The regular increase of the old legacies was broken, each new level pushing them up to a point that made game balance impossible. Now the traceries have a set level and just the secondary stat buff increases.

3. Steady unlock of new maximum tracery levels ensures the steady purchase of Mitheral Coins to max out the secondary stat buffs.

4. Grinding of better traceries is the new End Game time sink and unlike previously it resets every level cap.

5. The Wallet limit on Ancient Script ensures more sales of Vault Space and over priced Storage Rolls.

6. Who needs War Horses anyway, they never worked, hardly anyone bought the cosmetics or dye packs.

7. It helps make crafting even less relevant, pesky players wanting to craft gear instead of getting it through instances that we can gate behind purchased expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by Felisleo View Post
    1. The shear number of Empowerment Scrolls and Star-lite Crystals needed to level a set of legendary Items was discouraging new players from 'Paying the Game'. The one advantage the new system has it that DPS is not gimped if you haven't added the maximum number of crystals.
    Agreed, however the new system also requires an insane amount of runes - I guess the diffference is on HOW you have to grind the new stuff.

Btw I did not want to go down the money road, it is obvious that there have to be new ways to get earnings to keep the game alive but as long as you can get your end game gear without having to pay money it is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by egarthur View Post
    Can you realistically say that the new system has more complexity than the old system, which encompassed both unimbued and imbued LIs?
    +5 years in business process management and organisational development - but it is not a contest
    I totally agree - I have never said the new system is more complex, just the UI is way too complicated - I had to design software for factory workers who have never seen a computer before...this here would have been a disaster

Also - if you say you "violently" disagree...no need to be violent dude, this is just a post that summed up my personal view and the opinion of dozends of other players I have talked to during that month. Such replies disencourage people to actually take time and write something in the forum...
    Last edited by drmoon; Jan 14 2022 at 06:08 AM.

About the "legendary feeling"
    I look at this from Bilbo's point of view - when he was told that great weapons are named after their deeds in combat.
    The bigger the deed the more powerful the weapon - example: you finish a T2C and your weapon gets +1 damage against orc. Not too much to be overpowered but still enough to grow your legend. Playing daily content ain't really "legendary"

But I guess that is how it works now with the different qualities of the enhancement runes - if you want get up to lvl 499 you will need the epic ones which will probably drop only in T2C+ ?

The new system has been the death of my alts. No time to find all the new traceries and runes to enhance their items, while before I had scrolls and crystals gathered beforehand when there was no interesting content to do.

Will this also be the case before a new level rise? It can't be, as there will be a reset and we will need to gather fresh traceries and runes from content not available until the level cap is actually risen.

There are so many things that simply do not motivate players to play anymore:

The teal and gold traceries of both 13 and 14 levels are the same, so why run content to upgrade them yet?

The amount of enhancements for 2 items is just fine. I already have gathered all the required TEAL enhancements for my hunter. However, for a class that requires 2 sets of LIs or more, the amount is double, not to mention any alts...

The traceries you get by running content are random, so good luck finding 4 Ascendant Lightning ones, or 2 ox ones...

There are no ways to get gold traceries for low level characters. There is still no way to use all the motes we have gathered from previous level cap items, while before we could get low level crystals and empowerment scrolls, making it worth while to run old content.

I expect a lot of new fixes to old content that gives 14 level runes, but I don't see any reasons to run content apart from the new instances at T3 and up. That must change or the game will be dead very soon.
    Arequain Belechael, Legate of Celosien, Minas Brethil, Lebennin

Quote Originally Posted by Belechael View Post
    The new system has been the death of my alts. No time to find all the new traceries and runes to enhance their items, while before I had scrolls and crystals gathered beforehand when there was no interesting content to do.

Will this also be the case before a new level rise? It can't be, as there will be a reset and we will need to gather fresh traceries and runes from content not available until the level cap is actually risen.

There are so many things that simply do not motivate players to play anymore:

The teal and gold traceries of both 13 and 14 levels are the same, so why run content to upgrade them yet?

The amount of enhancements for 2 items is just fine. I already have gathered all the required TEAL enhancements for my hunter. However, for a class that requires 2 sets of LIs or more, the amount is double, not to mention any alts...

The traceries you get by running content are random, so good luck finding 4 Ascendant Lightning ones, or 2 ox ones...

There are no ways to get gold traceries for low level characters. There is still no way to use all the motes we have gathered from previous level cap items, while before we could get low level crystals and empowerment scrolls, making it worth while to run old content.

I expect a lot of new fixes to old content that gives 14 level runes, but I don't see any reasons to run content apart from the new instances at T3 and up. That must change or the game will be dead very soon.
    I have the same gripe about the new system. Overall, I feel like it’s simpler than the previous imbued system, especially for new and/or returning players. However, if the LI reward track coming with U32 doesn’t offer a SUBSTANTIAL amount of ways to acquire specific traceries, I’ll probably stop playing more than one character. Even if you valar a character, you’re given enough to fill out maybe 2/3 of their LI. Then you have to spend another ridiculous amount of time farming Library until you finally get the traceries you need. And that’s only for teal traceries. Gold ones are only acquirable through two scaling instances(soon to be one) and they’re completely random as well.

I’ve started to work on alts a lot more in Gundabad and putting together a passable set of LI’s for them is a ridiculous grind right now.

I agree only with ui readability and convenience, it should be improved. But everything else is wrong. If you dont see a need in new legendary system all the issues you described come into your mind. I recommend you to reread devs notes at least about why they introduced a new li system, since you definitelly missed major points there. There is one huge advantage of new system you didnt point out for some reason, especially for new players. In new system you can get major bump for your lis waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay easier than you could with imbuement system, all you need is some gold. And if you dont see it there is no point to discuss other things. Only thing i dont like is possibly too many fluffy item levels to upgade traceries, it reminds me fluffy levels virtues have. But this can be fixed with better availability of runes if wasnt already.

Disabling of traceries and having to grind same traceries all the time not just killed my alts, but also my motivations to play. If by then I care, when 150 cap is released, I might ask SSG what should I do after 140. But probably the answer will be grind or leave the game.

I'd rather use traceries with only percentages than having to grind. I don't care about extra stats.
    Anamura, Sunnarea, Silenius, Neushiro, Wandrassa, Wuldar, Fingaladir, Meowear, Virgalia, Turgamar (Old Fegefeuer)
    Amilegeth, Wargarr, Shakarabash, Luklubuz, Grishlukashkahkh, Dashkanakh
    "One lag to lag them all and in the lagness lag them"

Someone told me that he intent in the new legendary weapon system was for the majority of players to have lower quality traceries (yellow and purple). They supposedly want to reward those who raid and run difficult content with the higher-level traceries (teal and gold).

This is why I am not spending very much time at cap level content. I have one 140 on my accounts. I have not even quested halfway through the new content. I stopped at the dailies and running the same two daily instances for a few weeks. My other characters are parked at 130 and will be there until an expansion comes out that is friendlier to non-raiders who want to run instances but are not looking for the glory of T3/4/5.

I actually made a couple of new characters and had fun running around all the starter areas again. The upgrades to the landscape are very nice and I have armor and weapons to choose from rather than the current level cap offerings.

The devs should take a look at what instances are being run and how much actual group content is taking place these days. Then compare the current instance and group activity with what it was with the last expansion and quest area. Finding a group these days for anything other than Sari Surma and School/Library farms is not easy.

I am sure the reward track will give us goodies, but I have a difficult time imagining that we will see enough rewards in 2–3-month seasons to keep our traceries teal on both the weapon and class items and obtain something other than yellow armor at cap. I don't see how we will have the ability to do it for multiple characters. I thought the new legendary system was intended to do away with the grind. Maybe I misunderstood. If DPS is really all that matters on a weapon these days, just incorporate the buffs from the old legacies/new traceries into our class skills. The traceries must provide some type of benefit, or they would not have bothered to downgrade the benefit provided and only give the same or higher benefit to those who raid.

I gave up on the dailies because it is not like I envision having teal traceries on a weapon ever again, so I am at the why bother point. Too much grinding and the only carrot out there is a downgraded weapon when the level-cap increases. My current weapon stats are destined to decrease since running instances at T1 and sometimes T2 will not reward me with what I have had in the past. In other words, no motivation to play end game when my reward is a downgrade.

Maybe the next update will be better suited to the casual player. I understand the need to reward those who play the game for the end game raid, but there needs to be something for the casual player. A downgraded weapon and yellow armor which makes us unwelcome in any content over T1 is not the way to go. It is possible to be a casual player who would like to run the content on level rather than waiting for a level cap increase to run the raids.
    Last edited by Neinda; Jan 17 2022 at 11:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Neinda View Post

Maybe the next update will be better suited to the casual player. I understand the need to reward those who play the game for the end game raid, but there needs to be something for the casual player. A downgraded weapon and yellow armor which makes us unwelcome in any content over T1 is not the way to go. It is possible to be a casual player who would like to run the content on level rather than waiting for a level cap increase to run the raids.
    I honestly have to question what you think a "casual" player is.
    There are many ways to get better gear than yellow gear, and none involve raiding or doing tier 3-5 instances. Casual players do missions, and with the rewards from the Gundabad missions you can buy 4 or 5 purple pieces. Some are given for free when you level up your rep.
    With crafting you can make a few more. With the embers from weeklies you can buy teal gear that's pretty good.
    It's kinda weird to suggest that casual players walk around in yellow gear tbh. You state you only did the dailies on your level 140...which is exactly the problem.

The same is true for your weapon. I hardly think running a few school instances, makes you some pro raider.:P
    From your description it sounds more like you don't want to spend any time on getting decent gear and teal traceries, which is fine, but that most certainly doesn't apply to most casual players I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Fadil View Post
    I honestly have to question what you think a "casual" player is.
    There are many ways to get better gear than yellow gear, and none involve raiding or doing tier 3-5 instances. Casual players do missions, and with the rewards from the Gundabad missions you can buy 4 or 5 purple pieces. Some are given for free when you level up your rep.
    With crafting you can make a few more. With the embers from weeklies you can buy teal gear that's pretty good.
    It's kinda weird to suggest that casual players walk around in yellow gear tbh. You state you only did the dailies on your level 140...which is exactly the problem.

The same is true for your weapon. I hardly think running a few school instances, makes you some pro raider.:P
    From your description it sounds more like you don't want to spend any time on getting decent gear and teal traceries, which is fine, but that most certainly doesn't apply to most casual players I know.
    Casual players like me don't like playing repetitive content and rarely even t1 instances. I might do it on my main but not on every character I level up. Crafting is as far as I heard locked behind reputation. Up to lvl 100 you can make decent gear and up to 95 teal guild gear to feel like a character is finished. Now that is impossible. I like the new LI system better than the ILI but with traceries expiring and every quest reward given being RNG I doubt even my main will have all slots filled going into 141. Not even talking about teal/gold here. Same problem with essences. Yes, casuals run around in quest rewards because repetitive content is boring and having tried missions which scale to level without traceries going from 130-131 in one leads to failure. With traceries it's ok.

The new system is fine except expiring traceries. There is also no problem to level through landscape without them except maybe the newest one. But missions are a different story and they are also advertised as casual.

Maybe landscape quester is a better name then casual.

Quote Originally Posted by wispsong View Post
    Casual players like me don't like playing repetitive content and rarely even t1 instances. I might do it on my main but not on every character I level up. Crafting is as far as I heard locked behind reputation. Up to lvl 100 you can make decent gear and up to 95 teal guild gear to feel like a character is finished. Now that is impossible. I like the new LI system better than the ILI but with traceries expiring and every quest reward given being RNG I doubt even my main will have all slots filled going into 141. Not even talking about teal/gold here. Same problem with essences. Yes, casuals run around in quest rewards because repetitive content is boring and having tried missions which scale to level without traceries going from 130-131 in one leads to failure. With traceries it's ok.

The new system is fine except expiring traceries. There is also no problem to level through landscape without them except maybe the newest one. But missions are a different story and they are also advertised as casual.

Maybe landscape quester is a better name then casual.
    But that has absolutely nothing to do with being a casual player, but more with the fact you dont enjoy certain content.

I am part of a casual kin and every kinnie is doing missions, questing, doing instances and crafting gear.
    What makes us a casual kin is that we dont spend days and weeks doing tier 2 and up raids.
    The crafting recipes are behind rep which you get from questing but its not the highest rep. Grab a few double rep items from the skirmish camp and you get there after a few days.
    Casual players enjoy questing, so for most rep isnt a problem either.
    My point was that purple gear is very easy to get for casual players.

Quote Originally Posted by Fadil View Post
    But that has absolutely nothing to do with being a casual player, but more with the fact you dont enjoy certain content.

I am part of a casual kin and every kinnie is doing missions, questing, doing instances and crafting gear.
    What makes us a casual kin is that we dont spend days and weeks doing tier 2 and up raids.
    The crafting recipes are behind rep which you get from questing but its not the highest rep. Grab a few double rep items from the skirmish camp and you get there after a few days.
    Casual players enjoy questing, so for most rep isnt a problem either.
    My point was that purple gear is very easy to get for casual players.
    I don't have Gundabad and have no intention of buying it anytime soon. So, all I do here is guessing. I try to get my main to 140 so I can play the "epic" through and get a feel for the place, but underground mazes don't appeal to me. What I was trying to point out is that it is harder to get decent gear for landscape questers and what I have seen of crafting, the mat requirements are high. I don't care much anymore what color my equipment is as long as it works but since the bump from 130-131 is tremendous in missions and makes something that starts out easy deadly, good gear and traceries are required to be able to survive this bump. I can't reforge at 130 and need a lot more power at 131 at which point my 116? traceries would stop working.

I will state again that I prefer this LI over the ILI. It is simpler to understand and up to 130 I can forget traceries except maybe for these bumps. But since this is the case, I might as well just get a weapon with actual stats. Sadly, these are only available for my hunter. Maybe mini would work but not the other will classes. I could also be wrong and getting preferred traceries from landscape is not as bad as trying to get the correct essences. But then again not every character I have does every quest or even keep up with the epic.

We have been showered with AS and even teal cracked appraising our LIs that it will be easy for me to replace them in Rivendell at 141 should I choose so but what about players who have not been here for that or hadn't made it to 121.
    Last edited by wispsong; Jan 18 2022 at 09:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wispsong View Post
    I don't have Gundabad and have no intention of buying it anytime soon. So, all I do here is guessing. I try to get my main to 140 so I can play the "epic" through and get a feel for the place, but underground mazes don't appeal to me.
    Tbh, only 2 or 3 zones are underground mazes. I personally love the outside zones, they're great for questing and gathering mats, or just walking around forever and exploring.
    And there are some inside/ underground zones which are wide and open as well.

What I was trying to point out is that it is harder to get decent gear for landscape questers and what I have seen of crafting, the mat requirements are high.
    Well, yes if you only do quests, the new mission gear is hard to get.
    For the crafted gear: the free shards that drop in chests are rather insane, and especially a landscape player should have no problem finding those.
    Free gear, basically, while your rep wont be a problem at all, since you do quests.

But the person I replied to complained she had only yellow gear and couldn't get invited to tier 2 instances and then stated she hadn't done anything at 140, except some dailies/ weeklies.
    If you want to start doing instances tier 2 and up, you have to put in some work. None of us enjoys repetitive content, but since you needed to do 5 missions each day to get the purple gear, making it possible to do instances, we all did.

We have been showered with AS and even teal cracked appraising our LIs that it will be easy for me to replace them in Rivendell at 141 should I choose so but what about players who have not been here for that or hadn't made it to 121.
    Yep, they need to hurry with the reward system and offer such players a possibility to get traceries/ scripts, asap.

Quote Originally Posted by gaara908776 View Post
    I have the same gripe about the new system. Overall, I feel like it’s simpler than the previous imbued system, especially for new and/or returning players. However, if the LI reward track coming with U32 doesn’t offer a SUBSTANTIAL amount of ways to acquire specific traceries, I’ll probably stop playing more than one character. Even if you valar a character, you’re given enough to fill out maybe 2/3 of their LI. Then you have to spend another ridiculous amount of time farming Library until you finally get the traceries you need. And that’s only for teal traceries. Gold ones are only acquirable through two scaling instances(soon to be one) and they’re completely random as well.

I’ve started to work on alts a lot more in Gundabad and putting together a passable set of LI’s for them is a ridiculous grind right now.
    The definition of insanity : Is doing something the same way everytime and expecting different results .
    Not only has ssg taken away any pride of ownership we get for having a customized Li ( landscape players dont need the "good" stuff ) So as most that do the Landscapes and not the library runs or other drop runs . We get just a second rate stick ... unless we do the t2s .. I dont want a top end weapon but I would like a weapon to be proud of .
    If I'm doing on level content then why am I getting below level Li traceries ?
    And why does my New Li some how forget whats its learned every 15 levels or so ? How does one even identify with a weapon or item whilst knowing that it will soon become amnesic and forget everything it learned ?
    Yeah as a vip I'm not paying for that insanity after 01/31/22 .
    I was looking for a game when I found this one .
    Last edited by Rylnconn; Jan 30 2022 at 10:33 AM.