We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thumbs down Feedback: You've ruined this game for me totally, @!SSG, not just endgame, but instances, low level, events

Look at all the changes.

LI system

Brawlers lore breaking, Brawler gear not being auto-bestowed to crafters WHO BOUGHT YOUR STORE RECIPE BOOK

ultra focus on endgame

destruction of any rewards from old instances (if you think this is ok, see "ultra focus on endgame")

the horrible lag that breaks all timed quests

the way quests can be trolled especially event quests (snowball field, the theater, even making a snowman can be broken if you use the same snowpile at the same time...)

the sock puppets that keep saying everything's ok while LOTRO burns

the endgame itself is totally broken

the gear that disables after level X
    *Max level gear is not new, but in the past you didn't hit that limit as much, they set the limit way out so you weren't annoyed, now we have stuff that's only good for 5 levels... And that's before even mentioning the disabling of traceries!

the waiting forever until they finally decide to give you a pittance for stuff from the old LI system

the years and years of waiting for a new useful crafting level, and it's still not enough, half the time it's more useful to (at endgame) grind the Dourhands
    *unless you're a tank, then you want to be PVMPing, oops, sorry we're going to disable the PVMP gear too..

the useless stuff that drops in old zones now, that was all geared toward helping you with your LI and now isn't

I GOT A BLEMISHED SYMBOL OF THE ELDER KING today. ###??? The equivalent current item in today's idiotic LI system would be a level 131 shattered tracery symbol (teal). But you're too cheap and too miserly to give us proper rewards anymore.

Then there's this whole... oh, things should be HARDER... meanwhile, we're removing all rewards except some stupid coins you should collect... but we're reducing the reward of that too... SSG, you are cheap and miserly and I hate the game now.

I got so fed up I just didn't log in for several days.

Then when I came back, it only took a couple of hours to feel enraged and horrible again. It infuriates me to play now, at any level.

I'm sick of the new everything. I"m sick sick sick of it.

You killed the goose.

Quote Originally Posted by gripply View Post

Then when I came back, it only took a couple of hours to feel enraged and horrible again. It infuriates me to play now, at any level.

Getting mad over a bunch of pixels isn't healthy. As much as I love and play LOTRO, the fact is it's just a stupid game. Life is too short to get angry over a computer game.
    "Grandchildren are God's reward for not killing your children when you wanted to."

Perhaps this is good for you. It seems you have been far too invested in this game. I am saying this from all good intentions and you should really delete the game for a while and possibly don't download again. Remember the good times but consign it now to the past and move on.

As 2nd post says - life is to short. You really can believe me when I say that in all sincerity.

Good luck

For me Gundabad is the best expansion in years. And yes, there is plenty work to do, especially for the LI system. But I like the content, the instances, missions, geo hunting, the really nice story and the awesome landscape of Gundabad.

I also felt at some point similar to you now, even before new Li.

Then I went to play another MMO games and saw many nice things. At some point I missed Middle-earth and my friends from LOTRO then I came back. After I saw what I saw, how some other games making their money (even those who are just buy content to play, not sub) I just started to think this is not serious game anymore. I went to this forum to give some feedback so they could see why some of their customers leave and that is all.

I see it as grindy mobile game ported on PC. Would I pay for grindy p2w mobile game minimum of $40 for expansion? Nope. So I don't take it seriously and I just enjoy with my friends on lower lvl game than end game. If needed I will again pay vip for some alt but that is all.

I hope after cooldown you will also again have ability to enjoy here in Middle-earth without caring very much about end game since for environment design and story they really did good job.

Quote Originally Posted by Thurinuor View Post
    For me Gundabad is the best expansion in years. And yes, there is plenty work to do, especially for the LI system. But I like the content, the instances, missions, geo hunting, the really nice story and the awesome landscape of Gundabad.
    Gundabad was quite refreshing, I wasn't too happy with Morgul. Three Peaks didn't feel like an expansion to me. Azog update was okay.. but Gundabad climbed out ahead. Before the new LI system, landscape was such an infuriating pain to me that it made me exit the game sometimes during TP and Azog. I just hated it. The new LI system changed that for me. And it has quite many merits to it. They just need to get that reward track going so I can clear my inventory can't say I care for the endgame, the geode gathering gets really tedious after a while and you need quite a lot of them. Don't really do missions, takes too long imo. However, the landscape was top notch, quite liked seeing characters return. It seems demigod characters are getting more of a presence to wrap up certain plots and I'm not sure if I like that. Certain storylines are wrapped up in instances which I'm also not overly fond of, but it's part of the mold. So I'm resigned with that, much as it irks me. I hope the content forward will be as good if not better then Gundabad.
    "...None of us would join the Grey Company if we felt its errand was not important enough to brave those risks. For my part, I will not give in to fear of the unknown. We all have our role to play, and I hope only that when I have played mine, the world will have been better for my having been in it.

No one is ever saying the entire game is fine. But we're having fun with what we've got instead of seeing what it could be.

New xpack, new systems, should replace old. Out with the old, in with the new. You were spoilt with backwards compatability which couldn't be maintained.

Thanks for the feedback and I hope you are OK.

I just can't agree with your points.

And that's before even mentioning the disabling of traceries!
    I've only heard this on forums and not in-game.

Traceries disabled - are you talking about slotting old LI Traceries when you have overleveled it?

Once a tracery is on your LI it never gets disabled. It's level will cap (the stat element, not the skill boost). But it's not disabled.

Am I misunderstanding somthing here?

While many will disagree we need more "Use it or lose it" mentality in MMOs. To be clear, it shouldn't be this for everything, hoarding in MMOs is fun! But there needs to be limits.

I'm really annoyed, and it's not even out yet, that all this hoarded Item XP will mean I'll complete the new LI track on day 1. It'll be the have and have nots.

Bad MMO Mentality:
    - If your new, screw you, you need to grind now, but you actually get a game.
    - If your old, you've completed somthing with no effort cos of backwards compatible stuff you didn't try and just hoarded - and now complain there is no content!

Level 140:Burg, Cap, Guard, Brawler, Hunt, LM, Minstrel, Champ, Warden

Lord of the Rings Online: Community Discord

Would you like some cheddar or camembert?

Look at all the changes.

LI system

Brawlers lore breaking, Brawler gear not being auto-bestowed to crafters WHO BOUGHT YOUR STORE RECIPE BOOK

ultra focus on endgame

destruction of any rewards from old instances (if you think this is ok, see "ultra focus on endgame")

the horrible lag that breaks all timed quests

the way quests can be trolled especially event quests (snowball field, the theater, even making a snowman can be broken if you use the same snowpile at the same time...)

the endgame itself is totally broken

the gear that disables after level X
    *Max level gear is not new, but in the past you didn't hit that limit as much, they set the limit way out so you weren't annoyed, now we have stuff that's only good for 5 levels... And that's before even mentioning the disabling of traceries!

the waiting forever until they finally decide to give you a pittance for stuff from the old LI system

the years and years of waiting for a new useful crafting level, and it's still not enough, half the time it's more useful to (at endgame) grind the Dourhands
    *unless you're a tank, then you want to be PVMPing, oops, sorry we're going to disable the PVMP gear too..

the useless stuff that drops in old zones now, that was all geared toward helping you with your LI and now isn't

I GOT A BLEMISHED SYMBOL OF THE ELDER KING today. ###??? The equivalent current item in today's idiotic LI system would be a level 131 shattered tracery symbol (teal). But you're too cheap and too miserly to give us proper rewards anymore.

Then there's this whole... oh, things should be HARDER... meanwhile, we're removing all rewards except some stupid coins you should collect... but we're reducing the reward of that too... SSG, you are cheap and miserly and I hate the game now.

I got so fed up I just didn't log in for several days.

I'm sick of the new everything. I"m sick sick sick of it.

You killed the goose.
    While i agree with some of it, there is stuff that is just ridiculous to blame on SSG.
    So i have to say: Danke, Merkel.
    Make Moors Great Again - Crickhollow
    Ishlan, Sahlin
    too many creeps and freeps to list all

Quote Originally Posted by bohbashum View Post
    I've only heard this on forums and not in-game.

Traceries disabled - are you talking about slotting old LI Traceries when you have overleveled it?

Once a tracery is on your LI it never gets disabled. It's level will cap (the stat element, not the skill boost). But it's not disabled.

Unfortunately, they do get disabled, once you pass the max level of the tracery. I believe they turn red, and according to Cordovan they "cease providing their bonuses."

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...53#post8103253

....New xpack, new systems, should replace old. Out with the old, in with the new. You were spoilt with backwards compatability which couldn't be maintained.....
    He's not complaining about it not being "backwards compatible", he's complaining about getting rewards intended for the old LI systems which are worthless for the new LI. This is clearly a shortcoming in SSG's (incomplete) implementation of the new system, not player expectations.

....I've only heard this on forums and not in-game.

Yes, apparently you're not understanding how the new LI system functions in this regard. Traceries have a level range. For example, traceries obtained levels 121-130 have a max player level of 140. So as soon as you hit level 141 they become disabled and provide no benefit at all - it's as if they're not there. Of course, current cap is 140, so you cannot yet reach 141. But they do disable at lower level ranges as well. The standard is I believe 10 levels above the level range in which they were originally obtained. You may not have encountered that situation yet, but it has been confirmed by others, as well as being described by blue names. That is how it works and so far the company rep has been adamant on the forums that it won't be changed.

Quote Originally Posted by DKenny View Post
    He's not complaining about it not being "backwards compatible", he's complaining about getting rewards intended for the old LI systems which are worthless for the new LI. This is clearly a shortcoming in SSG's (incomplete) implementation of the new system, not player expectations.

Yes, apparently you're not understanding how the new LI system functions in this regard. Traceries have a level range. For example, traceries obtained levels 121-130 have a max player level of 140. So as soon as you hit level 141 they become disabled and provide no benefit at all - it's as if they're not there. Of course, current cap is 140, so you cannot yet reach 141. But they do disable at lower level ranges as well. The standard is I believe 10 levels above the level range in which they were originally obtained. You may not have encountered that situation yet, but it has been confirmed by others, as well as being described by blue names. That is how it works and so far the company rep has been adamant on the forums that it won't be changed.
    Note also this:

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...ade-suggestion

It is not possible to slot level 121 traceries and use level 121 enhancement runes once a player has hit 140. This might already be the case once a player hits level 131, but I have to look at traceries in game to confirm that.

And note that in today's patchnotes it says that we can now reforge at 140. I thought that this was supposed to happen at 141? I have no idea whether reforging at 140 has consequences for the traceries already on the weapon/class item. Naturally the thought comes to mind that reforging it now will bring in more money via the use of MC.
    You will grind your hamsterwheel and you will be happy.
    From f2p to p2w: nothing here is accidental
    https://www.gdcvault.com/play/102469...g-Monetization

Quote Originally Posted by Happybudgy View Post
    It is not possible to slot level 121 traceries once a player has hit 140. This might already be the case once a player hits level 131, but I have to look at traceries in game to confirm that.
    That is not true, you can in fact slot 121 traceries when you are 140.

Note also this:

It is not possible to slot level 121 traceries and use level 121 enhancement runes once a player has hit 140. This might already be the case once a player hits level 131, but I have to look at traceries in game to confirm that.

And note that in today's patchnotes it says that we can now reforge at 140. I thought that this was supposed to happen at 141? I have no idea whether reforging at 140 has consequences for the traceries already on the weapon/class item. Naturally the thought comes to mind that reforging it now will bring in more money via the use of MC.
    Yeah, i was starting to worry about that myself. Im not doing it until i hear whats gonna happen.

Note also this:

The item lvl of the wepon/class item will now be 470, which opens up 5 more lvl's on traceries that have a intrinsic item level of 499. The level reforging is on the xx1 or xx6 levels, except at cap range, as stated bij the producer raininia (forgot how you spell his nick). It opens up with content as you see now with the new 6 man. Expect another reforge when the raid releases. I you have run the Gundabad dialies you would have runes of 480 lvl and should have no problem capping to 470.
    Evernight

Ugh. I took the effort to test it. Hope your happy. This took an hour. They make it awkwardly hard to test!

Yes, they get disabled.

I was wrong.

Here if my 95 boosted burg with a tracery

Here is the same burg 130

Here are all the level ranges

I'm wondering how much of an issue this is outside of players leveling.

I support the idea then players around 45-130 having traceries that just work always. It's not effecting endgame, it promotes those players, and the stats may support them upgrading still.

I'm still sticking with my guns a new xpack should render most stuff mostly irrelivent as it's a "fresh" start. It's still stupid those that farmed SS during 130 due to an bug got gold traceries that "complete" 140 tracery requirements.

Only once we go to 150 will this tracery really effect most end-game players. Anyone with 131 traceries will be fine. Till then you've got a long time to get new teal/golds to replace them in preperation for an xpack in a years+ time.

Level 140:Burg, Cap, Guard, Brawler, Hunt, LM, Minstrel, Champ, Warden

Lord of the Rings Online: Community Discord

no amount of complaining will change anything, it simply falls on deaf ears. or on open ears from those that you labeled so nicely, but they always defend, no matter what.

the only thing to do is move on, try other things, and most importantly, do not give them money. do not buy the latest thing.
    thats the only language companies understand if you want something to happen.

ive spend years on both lotro and ddo, shilling money for the highest tiers of expansions, beeing vip, and buying points for both. and things like lag went from "i can tolerate this" to "why do i have to wait 2 minutes for a mission turnin to appear?". then i stopped with both, and went spending my money on other things. in that time i also noticed how the competition is so much better when it comes to the service side of an mmo (im not talking about the gameplay. have to clarify this because someone will be offended). even customer service in a game like secret world, that is for all intends and purposes in maintenance mode, was quicker and resolved issues in a matter of hours. its embarassing.

back with codemasters whe had stable servers, compared to todays lag-fiesta.

but i do play lotro/ddo still, since i love the games. not the service side. but since an mmo is a game-as-a-service, i cannot in good faith spend money on a faulty product.
    (the irony is, i bought 3peaks on black friday for those 6 dollars or whatitwas, and after seeing the horrendous mission lags... buyers remorse is calling again)

Quote Originally Posted by DKenny View Post
    Did Bilbo lose the ability to use Sting once he leveled up too far?

Did Thorin or Gandalf lose the ability to use the swords they acquired in the troll cave once they grew too skilled and experienced (leveled up)?

And are we supposed to be Ok with a new LI system that ITSELF breaks the lore of the IP in this regard?

I think you should delete the game and go play something newer that doesn't have a cash shop designed by people who stared too long into the EA Games Abyss.

As others have said, life is too short to get this angry about a stupid game and a bunch of pixels on a screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxmaiden14 View Post
    I think you should delete the game and go play something newer that doesn't have a cash shop designed by people who stared too long into the EA Games Abyss.

As others have said, life is too short to get this angry about a stupid game and a bunch of pixels on a screen.
    Ouch...that burn though.

Quote Originally Posted by gardavil View Post
    Did Bilbo lose the ability to use Sting once he leveled up too far?

Did Thorin or Gandalf lose the ability to use the swords they acquired in the troll cave once they grew too skilled and experienced (leveled up)?

And are we supposed to be Ok with a new LI system that ITSELF breaks the lore of the IP in this regard?
    And dude, chill lol. It's a game BASED on the books, the LI stays the same but the traceries don't. It's not like every game mechanic should be "lore accurate". So chill lol or yeah delete LOTRO, cos if ur getting pissed of about this, I doubt there's any other MMO or game that you wouldn't get a hard on for.

Frankly, it should have been obvious at launch that this would a game BASED on the IP and not a 100% adaptation. Cause if the argument is on sting etc. etc. then someone really needs to explain to me how Minstrels can use a kamehameha or that we're capable of killing mobs 3 to 10 times our size.

I find the suggestions from some for the OP, or anyone, to quit the game as very rude.

I find the suggestions from some for the OP, or anyone, to quit the game as very rude.
    Not really? I mean granted some of his points make sense, like the disabling thing for traceries and only that.

But I'd see anyone pretty much saying the same for any player for any game: If it pisses you of so much, you really ought to take a break or just quit completely. It does no one any favors to see posts where the OP gets hard every 5 seconds just to rage on about a 2007 MMO

P.S. : I 100% the game has alot of flaws, its adherence to an old way of earning income for one and the stupidly high prices which prevents anyone from trying this game without a code, but the whole lore this for this mechanic or etc. etc.; yeah that's probably because they forget it's BASED, and for obvious reasons some things are bent for gameplay purposes. Them adding the brawler did more good than most realize.

Quote Originally Posted by wrath247 View Post
    Ouch...that burn though.

And dude, chill lol. It's a game BASED on the books, the LI stays the same but the traceries don't. It's not like every game mechanic should be "lore accurate". So chill lol or yeah delete LOTRO, cos if ur getting pissed of about this, I doubt there's any other MMO or game that you wouldn't get a hard on for.
    I would kindly ask you to remember my comments are my opinion, and I am as much entitled to them as you are. How I word them when I post a comment are also my own affair as is your comments your own as well.

It doesn't matter what game, it is rude to encourage other players to quit, especially if they are "getting involved" in the community by voicing their concerns on this forums.

Cheers

I would kindly ask you to remember my comments are my opinion, and I am as much entitled to them as you are. How I word them when I post a comment are also my own affair as is your comments your own as well.

It doesn't matter what game, it is rude to encourage other players to quit, especially if they are "getting involved" in the community by voicing their concerns on this forums.

Cheers
    Yeah everyone is entitled to their opinion. And no it isn't rude, pretty sure any gamer with a right mind and any decency would actually tell someone to take a break if they're this pissed already.

Literally any community would give this advise cos it's unhealthy to them and the game.

Yeah issues exists, but other than the tracery thing, and voicing your issues/opinions is good, but getting a rage turn on about it definitely isn't. It does nothing to convince anyone and is pretty much a "this again?" scenario.

Summary: If ur pissed, voice it out without the rage turn on, then either take a break or quit. Simple. Avoids the unhealthy relationship, and avoids anyone from seeing posts that only confirm how insane the community can be on some issues.

The thing about the cluster that is LI 2.0 for me is the fact that it's not so much worse than 1.x and all it's iterations and updates, it's that it's not any better. That's what really sucks about it.
    Phrasing! Doesn't anybody do phrasing anymore?

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast