We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Extra Life 2021, Team Standing Stone Games, and You!

Once again Standing Stone Games, players from throughout the LOTRO community, and associated friends and family are raising money for Extra Life! Our fundraising through Team Standing Stone Games will help the local Boston Children's Hospital, which provides life-saving treatment and care to children from all over the world.

We hope to raise $20,000 for the Boston Children's Hospital this year! Team Standing Stone Games includes both Dungeons & Dragons Online and The Lord of the Rings Online players, developers, and friends. Last year we were the top fundraiser for the Boston Children's Hospital, and we'd love to do that again. Standing Stone Games will be donating an initial $5,000 to kick off our fundraising drive, and we hope you will consider supporting our team as well.

Why Extra Life?

Extra Life is a charitable organization that unites thousands of gamers around the world to play games in support of their local Children’s Miracle Network Hospital. Since its inception in 2008, Extra Life has raised more than $70 million for sick and injured kids. Click here to read more about the organization.

How can I help?

Donate and/or join our team! In the coming weeks as we lead-in to Extra Life’s National Game Day on Saturday, November 6th, the Standing Stone Games Extra Life Team will be fundraising together, and we have some fun activities and giveaways planned to support the cause.

To donate to the Team: http://extra-life.org/team/standingstonegames
    To find my donation page:https://www.extra-life.org/participant/JerrySnook
    To sign up for Extra Life, if you want to raise money yourself:http://www.extra-life.org/

What should I do after I donate?

As a token of thanks, we will again be offering minor incentives to people who donate. Also like usual, if you would like to receive one of these incentives I will need you to send me a quick Private Message so I have a forum display name to provide a code to that you will apply to your account through Redeem Code in the LOTRO Store in-game.

If you donate at least $10, you will be entered into the various giveaways that will take place on November 22nd. If you donate to the team, me, or another Team member, it counts! However, Extra Life doesn't provide me with enough info to match your donation to a forum name, and I don't get info when you donate to other team members, so send me a quick private message through the forums when you donate.

Group incentives:

$5000 - DONE!- Ten 500 LOTRO Point codes and ten picks from the Community Loot List will be randomly distributed to twenty people who donate at least $10 to the fundraising effort through a random-number-generated giveaway. Only one entry per person regardless of donation amount. All giveaways will take place on November 15th.
    $10000- DONE! Ten more 500 LOTRO Point codes and ten more picks from the Community Loot List will be randomly distributed to folks who donate at least $10. All giveaways will take place on November 22nd.
    $15000- DONE! Ten more 500 LOTRO Point codes and ten Sleeping Grey Cat pet codes will be randomly distributed to folks who donate at least $10+.
    $20000- DONE! We have met our goal! We will give away an Ultimate Fan Edition of Fate of Gundabad to one person who has donated at least $10! The random giveaway will take place on November 22nd.

Individual incentives:

$5- Forum Title of your choice, within the community guidelines. PM me with your desired choice. If you already have a custom title, I can add another!
    $10- One pick from the Community Loot List, and an entry into every giveaway.
    $20- Two picks from the Community Loot List.
    $30- Two additional picks from the Community Loot List
    $50- A code for a Sleeping Grey Cat housing item, along with an additional pick from the Community Loot List.

All incentives are cumulative, so if you donate $50, you also get the benefits of the lower tiers. I will be taking donations through November 21st, 2021. All giveaways and incentives will take place and be distributed after November 22nd.

Here is the Community Loot List:

Titles:

Extra Life:

Hero of the Small Folk

Event-related:

Artist(Prefix)
    Artist(Suffix)
    Art Lover
    Audience Member
    Concert Attendee
    Event Organizer
    Event Winner
    Musician(Prefix)
    Musician(Suffix)
    Performer of Note
    Provider of Event Information
    Speaker for the Musicians
    Speaker of Words
    Spectator
    Striving for Victory
    Viewer of Events

Other Titles:

Well Met

Housing:

Best House in the Neighborhood Trophy
    Sleeping Grey Cat

Pets:

Lively Slug
    Tundra Cub
    Spirit Bear

Fiddles:

Bardic Fiddle
    Lonely Mountain Fiddle
    Sprightly Fiddle
    Traveler's Trusty Fiddle

Steeds:

Steed of the White City
    Cremello Steed
    Perlino Steed
    Steed of the Red Dawn

Thank you for your donation, however large or small it may be. There is never a time that children will not need life-saving help, but especially this year, the work that is being done is more critical than ever.

Sincerely,
    Jerry Snook and Team Standing Stone Games
    Community Manager, Lord of the Rings Online
    Last edited by Cordovan; Nov 28 2021 at 08:23 PM.
    Follow LOTRO on: Twitter - Facebook - Twitch - YouTube
    Personal channels (No SSG talk): Twitch Twitter Facebook
    Support: help.standingstonegames.com
    coolcool

Thank you everyone for your generosity so far! If you've donated and messaged me as of this moment you should now have a reply from me confirming that I received your message. Have fun!
    coolcool

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Thank you everyone for your generosity so far! If you've donated and messaged me as of this moment you should now have a reply from me confirming that I received your message. Have fun!
    Message received. This is an important cause! Thank you!
    Moved from Riddermark to Arkenstone on 9/29/2015!
    -----
    Disclaimer: The definition of "Soon™" and "In The Near Future™" is based solely on SSG's interpretation of the words, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "Soon™", "Near", and "Future" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

Still figuring out my donation. Any chance of getting the Fashion Maven titles added to the loot list? Fashionable, Unfashionable, Eyesore.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilan View Post
    Still figuring out my donation. Any chance of getting the Fashion Maven titles added to the loot list? Fashionable, Unfashionable, Eyesore.
    Possibly! These were old titles granted by a specific member of customer service way back in the day, but I believe the technical info still exists in our code, so it would be a matter of making it something we could distribute in 2021.
    coolcool

Possibly! These were old titles granted by a specific member of customer service way back in the day, but I believe the technical info still exists in our code, so it would be a matter of making it something we could distribute in 2021.
    This was an in game title, right? Are the titles in the community loot for the forum only, or can they also be used in game?

Would love a custom title like Chicken Tender, for use during chicken runs!

Thanks to Cordovan and the team for organising this. It's a very worthy cause!

I'm participating under the SSG banner again this year and have raised over $300 so far. If anyone has a dollar or ten to spare, please donate to help these sick kids.

Thanks all, and happy gaming!

-Bel
    Belnavar - Captain - 140 - Brandywine | Help sick kids. Support Extra Life 2021: https://www.extra-life.org/participant/belnavar [$726 raised of $750 goal]

Thank you for doing this, and for keeping it going over the years. This is one of the best things about LOTRO.

We are more than half way to our goal! Thank you so much everyone for your support.
    coolcool

We are more than half way to our goal! Thank you so much everyone for your support.
    I know lots of people have done this before but how does it work? After the donation period ends, we get an email? Or?

Thanks for doing this.

Send Cordovan a PM on the forums to tell him about your donation. Some time after the event ends, he will PM you a code(s) which you can enter in the game store to get your loot.

Does Extra Life support hospitals in US and Canada or worldwide?

(I do not get to these informations in extra life)
    --------------------
    Founder of the kinship "Beschützer des Lichtes" Server Belegaer Beschützer des Lichtes
    Founder of the german newspaper for Lotro and Tolkien Funkenflug

I translated it into german and make some efforts to promote the campaign
    https://funkenflug.ag/spielende-helfen-kindern-in-not/
    --------------------
    Founder of the kinship "Beschützer des Lichtes" Server Belegaer Beschützer des Lichtes
    Founder of the german newspaper for Lotro and Tolkien Funkenflug

Quote Originally Posted by Arantha View Post

Extra Life is a program of the Children's Miracle Network Hospitals. It's for gamers to raise funds for hospitals within that network (170 of them, last I knew). That said, some hospitals have assistance programs for international children and will treat children from other countries if they are in need of treatment unavailable to them in their home country. The funds raised through Extra Life are used as needed by the hospitals each player has chosen to play for, and there are a variety of programs depending on the hospital. Some specialize in therapies, others in researching childhood diseases, and still others focus on trauma injuries. The money can be used for equipment, training, supplies, family assistance, and more.

You can read more here: https://support.extra-life.org/support/home

--snarkqueen
    "I can understand your anger at me, but what could you possibly have against the horse I rode in on?"

» LANDROVAL: Birle, Pompilidara, Cyntafiel (Away Shall Fade) «
    » ARKENSTONE: Aarawynn, Sabelle, Fylgja (Legacy of Narsilion) «
    ...and many others!

Fiddles:

Bardic Fiddle
    Lonely Mountain Fiddle
    Sprightly Fiddle
    Traveler's Trusty Fiddle
    I just came back for a bit after four years or so away. There are fiddles in the game now?

Oh my goodness, there are! https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Mee...eveloper_Diary

https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Item%3ABardic_Fiddle
    https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Ite...ountain_Fiddle
    https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Ite...rightly_Fiddle
    https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Ite..._Trusty_Fiddle
    As a level 1 burglar, Bilbo got a pony when he joined the Smaug The Dragon raid. Then he asked for leadership, looted the chest, assigned himself the 1st age Arkenstone and mailed it to an alt (Bilbo's a VIP so can mail from anywhere). They did some PvMP and an Epic Battle, then he apologized and gave the Arkenstone back because it wasn't BoA. He kept the pony.

Baggins is offline Famous Archaeologist of Middle-earth
    Renowned Anthropologist of Arda
    Quote Originally Posted by Vilan View Post
    I asked about these last year here's hoping its available in the future! Probably end up getting those next year, if its fixed! I already made some choices for this year.

The Extra Life Game Day is now underway! Join us live throughout the day and night on Twitch.tv/LOTROstream:

(All times Eastern):
    9:00am Redberen
    10:00am Redberen
    11:00am Redberen
    12:00:00 PM/4:00PM GMT Wynnie
    1:00 Wynnie
    2:00 LilRedHead
    3:00 LilRedHead
    4:00 Redberen
    5:00 Redberen
    6:00 Eldalleth
    7:00 MVP
    8:00 Cordovan
    9:00 Cordovan
    10:00 Druidsfire
    11:00 Druidsfire
    coolcool

Quote Originally Posted by Arantha View Post

Extra Life is part of the Children's Miracle Network, which is a collection of Children's hospitals in the United States and Canada, so there is no (current) participation for hospitals in other countries....

If you do not care about the possible game rewards for LOTRO, you might feel more comfortable donating locally. Regardless, this will help children and will help with research that could eventually also benefit hospitals in Europe.
    -----
    Disclaimer: The definition of "Soon™" and "In The Near Future™" is based solely on SSG's interpretation of the words, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "Soon™", "Near", and "Future" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

Extra Life 2021

Great work with Extra Life 2021 Jerry, keep up the good work.

I also gave a little donation and it felt right to do this - these days more than ever.

PM sent because of the ingame codes.

Take care and stay well.
    "Eines Tages lasse ich all das hinter mir und ziehe nach Michelbinge".

Have the giveaways happened yet? Did I miss them?
    Iaralor | Riddorra | Cirnordar | Thransi | Fanion | Tarro | Otleif | Mallelleth

Quote Originally Posted by Ioralor View Post
    Have the giveaways happened yet? Did I miss them?
    I'm wondering this too. I got a short reply from Cordovan about "I have the info I need for now" but nothing after and I'm not sure where to look to find out what to do, if anything.

I will be working on the giveaways tonight and working through the next week until whenever it is done to get everyone their incentives.
    coolcool

THANK YOU to everyone who donated to this year's Extra Life! You donated a total of $26, 884 to the Boston Children's Hospital!

I have now done the random picks for the group incentives. In the coming days, I will private message the people on this list and get them codes for the thing they've won! I am also working just about every evening for the next few weeks to get everyone their individual incentives as well. Thank you so much for your patience as I make my way through the list! There were more than 240 LOTRO players who donated this year, which is truly amazing and wonderful.

LOTRO Group Incentive Giveaways 2021
    500 Point Codes – 30 Winners
    earthchild2931
    Raven_Shadow
    TMunz
    Creah
    Bevin
    Fulgurix
    ferdinanda
    Thaliff
    WhiteWolf21x
    groden16
    SailorIda
    Rimurin
    Yavierond
    Astalith
    PaliLotR
    Luxlenn
    eldaram
    Mireleth
    crazyfire
    Horelia
    Syrian-1
    Yar789
    SMG616
    justwright62
    whosjgalt
    Ainworth
    LittleBeeko
    aaxxis
    Ekleipsis
    Misdirection
    Community Loot List Pick – 20 Winners
    Ainaur
    Aliena
    Faudyen
    maartena
    TheWhale
    Anilac
    maquiz
    Tigeress
    WiseOldGorilla
    dr_funk33
    pherburg
    kn1123
    Milliana
    Saintjoan
    Azallan
    Karie
    Sammo
    Gwenn
    Thorebane
    mewnicorn_thunder
    Sleeping Grey Cat Pet Code – 10 Winners
    Gwendeil
    Umarian
    Jaycub42
    Pherenn
    Casilune
    MargoKitty
    Karbion
    Bandobras
    Coglok
    Kragore
    Ultimate Fate of Gundabad
    mtpaquette
    coolcool

Ooh I won something! Does that mean I add one more community loot pick?
    -----

Quote Originally Posted by maartena View Post
    Ooh I won something! Does that mean I add one more community loot pick?
    Yeah, basically, although I will send out a separate message (starting tonight) to get this from you. I have been able to keep up with the inbox, so I've been doing all the work needed to start distributing things in the coming days. It'll probably take a couple of weeks before everything is settled as it looks like we're looking at something like almost 400 people this year between the two games, but a lot of it will get done this week.
    coolcool

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast