We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Angry New Legendary System Implementation/Rollout - Horrid

First and foremost you can tell there was very little user input asked for or taken on this, it appears to be an internal decision to make legendries as monetizable as possible. There are opportunities to spend MC everywhere you look.

Second, There has been little to NO guidance or what to do once you actually click the appraise button. There are no guiding prompts in game, nothing explaining what to do after. There is a website link that explains things at a very high level but not enough to keep users from wasting their appraised currencies.

Three, in this system you basically reinvented the wheel and made it a square....instead of focusing on what was in place and working.

At bare minimum you owe your players some form of compensation for a horrid rollout that is resulting in high levels of frustration for many players.
    Hogrid, Landroval

I'm not impressed so far.

Not even a little bit and the world broadcast of: World broadcast: 'We are aware of an issue in which Tracery levels can exceed the level of the Legendary Item that they are in. This is not working as intended and we are currently working on a fix to address all affected items. We will have more information as it is available. In the meantime, please do not spend your Mithril Coins on levels past 449. Thank you for your patience.' suggests that an urgent rollback may be the smart move.
    Mithithil Ithryndi

SSG you kind of dropped the ball on the implementation here. I was surprised that there is no prompt or explanation anywhere in game on how to use the new LI system. Chat is filled with people confused about how to even begin, where to go, why they can't deconstruct their old weapon, why they can't equip the new, how the heck to even open the LI panel...why was none of this explained anywhere in game? Some kind of tutorial, a mail message, an NPC somewhere, I don't know, something! You've got this brand spanking new system, but people need some guidance on how to use it!

Quote Originally Posted by CloudCastle View Post
    SSG you kind of dropped the ball on the implementation here. I was surprised that there is no prompt or explanation anywhere in game on how to use the new LI system. Chat is filled with people confused about how to even begin, where to go, why they can't deconstruct their old weapon, why they can't equip the new, how the heck to even open the LI panel...why was none of this explained anywhere in game? Some kind of tutorial, a mail message, an NPC somewhere, I don't know, something! You've got this brand spanking new system, but people need some guidance on how to use it!
    Agreed. The basics really - where to go, how to appraise, how to equip etc. Many venues to offer that explanation in-game because you shouldn't have to rely on BETA forums for such things. After update WC was a riot today.
    Roaming Gladden since 2013

Quote Originally Posted by DroboTheDwarf View Post
    First and foremost you can tell there was very little user input asked for or taken on this, it appears to be an internal decision to make legendries as monetizable as possible. There are opportunities to spend MC everywhere you look.

Second, There has been little to NO guidance or what to do once you actually click the appraise button. There are no guiding prompts in game, nothing explaining what to do after. There is a website link that explains things at a very high level but not enough to keep users from wasting their appraised currencies.

ABSOLUTELY agree. Nothing more to add, perfect. Specially second point. No guidance (in-game) at all is horrid.
    The legendary items is a very important part in the game and most of us don't know what to do or where to start.

Quote Originally Posted by Edariel View Post
    ABSOLUTELY agree. Nothing more to add, perfect. Specially second point. No guidance (in-game) at all is horrid.
    The legendary items is a very important part in the game and most of us don't know what to do or where to start.
    So go with plan A - convert nothing for my 110, 107, 104 and 102 until i hit level 121? By then i can save all the reworking and wait for it all to be fixed?

Maybe convert for the under 100's when they hit the next level tier as not think they will stay viable all through to 121.

At a glance looks that way.

Someone also confirmed its a gold sink and cost a lot in total to upgrade stuff. Any thoughts here?
    "Romper: You have the power to make EM less boring for yourself and everyone else. "
    "Look for your lore. But do not trust to lore, it has forsaken these lands." - Eolore prince of Lorehan

Quote Originally Posted by CloudCastle View Post
    They sure did. I was expecting some popup about the LI but nothing. And the barter in Rivendell should have had some explanation on where to start and proceed. Just something there would have helped a lot and she was the first I clicked on because I had no idea how to get the currency from the old ILIs

A friend sent me this, which is a better explanation then what is on their site, but is still a ton to digest:

https://easilyamused.notion.site/New...82d75d39d40062
    Hogrid, Landroval

Three, in this system you basically reinvented the wheel and made it a square....instead of focusing on what was in place and working.

At bare minimum you owe your players some form of compensation for a horrid rollout that is resulting in high levels of frustration for many players.
    I agree whole heatedly. This game is becoming a major attempt at a cash grab. My wife and I have been VIP for 10 plus years and that means very little now. We don't participate in raids so getting high-end kit is a grind, we now have to pay for every upgrade and it looks like we now have to pay to have a decent weapon too. I'm nearly at the end of my charity to these new owners.

Strider5548 is offline Legendary Hunter of Middle-earth
    Original Challenger of Jagger Jack
    There are opportunities to spend MC everywhere you look.
    I mentioned this at least 3 times on the BR forums. The UI has way too many BUY MC buttons. It's obnoxious but more importantly it takes up very important real estate in the already limited UI space we have.

Come on guys, you can do better than this.
    Servers: Treebeard | Arkenstone | Landroval
    Classes: Hunter | Champion | Loremaster | Warden | Beorning | Guardian | Captain | Burglar
    Creeps: Warleader | Reaver

In a different thread I argued that the patch notes didn't make the rollout seem like a disaster - they just made it seem incomplete and released far too early - so maybe the sky isn't falling.

I stand by my opinion of the patch notes. Playing the game, on the other hand, the system was implemented far more incompletely (to be polite) than I had expected and I kept looking nervously up to see if the sky was still there.

A friend sent me this, which is a better explanation then what is on their site, but is still a ton to digest:

Thanks for the link

Great pity no one at SSG could give us the Conversion Rate table beforehand.
    The 408 - 424 ILI level making the 8 or 9 Tracery Token returns mark means I haven't wasted the last few days of making a bunch of new ILIs where my levelling LIs used to be.
    Getting them all up to 410+ range in the few minutes before the shutdown worked out better than the wait and see advocated by SSG.
    Anyone Imbuing at the last minute and doing nothing lost a lot.

Remains to be seen if the huge amounts of resources it took may have had a better use sometime later...

P.S. can still use up Empowerments on ILIs but adding IXP on old ILIs does nothing to advance them into another category for conversion, just blowing your saved resources.

The more I see about this the less I like. We were promised the LI revamp for so many years, it's a very basic thing to expect that it would be fully free, and better than the old system. Right now I feel a strong urge to question both of those points. It feels like half the things I know about the expansion pack are that yes, while the LI revamp is free...it seems to be taking a ton of dev time away from the rest of the content, and in the end we have a complicated system that I don't know if it will improve or weaken my LI.

Haven't logged in or bought the expansion yet. All the merits are just text, a few tiny screenshots of pets and cosmetic. Where's the beef? I have maxed out LIs that have been in my slots for longer than many devs have been with game companies.

Where is the assurance that this is equal, or better, and not worse for my character?

And I still don't understand after reading the LI page multiple times: Did I ruin something by not converting to the new LIs already, or can my maxed out first agers still turn into maxed out....whatever the new ones are called?

The new LIs are more powerful, even if they are not maxed. The disaster is that there are no in game explanations how to even start to get the currencies from the existing LIs. As I mentioned before, they need a good in game explanation and that is missing. Once I figured everything out and made my new items, they are stronger. So the sky is not falling.

And what does it matter if it's maxed as before, with Gundabad new traceries will be avaiable and slotted, enhanced, maybe maxed. They will NOT grow forever but need to be replaced like the old Moria LIs needed to be replaced. Just this time we keep the weapon.

Drobo,

Thank you for your post and especially, thank you for:

SSG should be ashamed for not taking the time to do what 'easilyamused' did for us. Shows who has the greater interest in the players of the game.

Sigh.

When one considers what the posts in these forums used to focus on in the past, the fun factor, gameing advice, recommendations and the interaction and investment by Turbine who loved the game first, and money afterwards, to what it is now, genuinely concerned players who complain with good reason about the atrocious issues that SSG simply does not address, the petty 'lockdown' of things that make playing the game more fun and easier (not to be confused with the challenging content that the hardcore faction desire) and SSG being money centric rather than fun-factor and game centric, well, its just appalling. It really burns me up, specially as I have nothing to vent my frustrations on.

Thus, when many folks like you, Drobo, post such fine content in these forums, it is oh so appreciated. It really is!

Thank you!

Asterus.
    Another one bites the dust...

One thing I don't understand (well one main thing I will bring up here).

I understand that they said we would not be able to reforge or apply scrolls of empowerment, star-lit crystals and even use heritage runes. But why also disable iXP gain from regular playing?
    If you can only claim the conversion from an LI once, and can't advance them beyond what is already unlocked, what is the harm in allowing the LI to progress to that point (reaching the progression that was unlocked already)?
    I can imagine the discontent of all the people who dumped crystals and scrolls into their LIs unaware that they will only receive compensation for those in the conversion if they had also filled those new tiers with iXP. Why not let them fill those unlocked tiers with iXP before they convert the LI, what is the issue with that?

Any classes negatively impacted by the change?

Also they post guides online on twitter and their forums, but I do wholly agree there should have been an in-game one for the older players who don't check social media often. Personally, the new system seems simpler, and all the conversion rates pre-lvl 100 seem good/enough. And its simple enough to understand, slot in x tracery to x slot and all, on the younger players ik who play this find this one to be better than the old one.

The monetization tho, I mean guys this ilhad existed for years now xD, it's not like anyone complained about it before, or rather, it was allowed to exist with ppl saying it "was a choice".

Any 130s able to comment on if converting max imbued LIs are good?

Guessing all the player ideas and feedback over the last bunch of years regarding legendary weapons weren't the way to go and this new awesome pile of poopoo got the tick.
    Starstorm

Close

I've poured a lot of money into this game in the last 10 years, it's been obvious to me for the last few that the overall intent is to find more ways to get me to spend more. This gets me real close to quitting.

So the overall system is just better. And it seems that whatever firebrands here are saying its bad or etc., either didn't read the guide, or are just complaining for the sake of complaining.

That said, ppl's issue with the monetization.

I mean guys this is kinda the community's fault in general. You can't be pissed for them monetizing LI upgrades when you've all clearly allowed it for every other character progression item in game whether that be the quest packs which is lvl content, the virtues which is important for char content, the riding skill which no one even charges for anymore, and pretty much everything else.

I would rate this LI revamp as a success (dps tho is another question but everyone on WC is saying its better). But SSG, pls include an in-game pop-up, it seems ppl didn't look on twitter so one that links them to it would be great. Also including that u can't stack tracery types, save the word of craft would be helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by wrath247 View Post
    So the overall system is just better. And it seems that whatever firebrands here are saying its bad or etc., either didn't read the guide, or are just complaining for the sake of complaining.

I mean guys this is kinda the community's fault in general. You can't be pissed for them monetizing LI upgrades when you've all clearly allowed it for every other character progression item in game whether that be the quest packs which is lvl content, the virtues which is important for char content, the riding skill which no one even charges for anymore, and pretty much everything else.

I would rate this LI revamp as a success (dps tho is another question but everyone on WC is saying its better). But SSG, pls include an in-game pop-up, it seems ppl didn't look on twitter so one that links them to it would be great. Also including that u can't stack tracery types, save the word of craft would be helpful.
    Hu? Why do you want people to go on twitter?
    All information for an ingame system must be ingame, that's all.
    No need to see twitter or even forum to know it or understand it (even if it can be made clearer in other websites like dadi's, lotrowiki and all).

In my opinion (and from what I understand) it seems to be almost or the same as in BR last week (no real surprises here) and prove that BR players feedbacks are not taking in consideration. It was not ready saturday, it's not now and more weeks would have been better than releasing it halfway through.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldwiley View Post
    So go with plan A - convert nothing for my 110, 107, 104 and 102 until i hit level 121? By then i can save all the reworking and wait for it all to be fixed?

Maybe convert for the under 100's when they hit the next level tier as not think they will stay viable all through to 121.

At a glance looks that way.

Someone also confirmed its a gold sink and cost a lot in total to upgrade stuff. Any thoughts here?
    Yeah, that's what I intend to do.
    Lower-levels, under 100 - won't lose anything from conversion. They can even go with low-resource yellow traceries as it matters not if I have 25% buff or 20% buff (or 400 tac mastery instead of 600), and the source of ancient scripts (except disenchanting one tracery that dropped from Stairs T1) is unknown. They cannot be all from instance drops... Can they?

Level 106 - I made sure she had a imbued LIs with significant boost (dps and critical legacies maxed) to get her to 121. Getting lower-level traceries and runes is a waste, I'll need those scripts at 121.

As for gold - at 130 reforge asked for 15 gold, that's all.

The fact that people have to look on forums/twitter etc to use this system just proves how much of a failure this new system is. Instead of the convenient old LI panel where we had everything in 1 place.. We have to go through pages of traceries, run to different bookshelves, navigate through the most horrible UI ever implemented etc.. You cannot even inspect players and see their complete LI build, if you inspect a player it only shows 3 slots. If you use a small monitor the tooltip doesn't even fit on the screen lol.. You need like 1000 runes to max out the traceries, and you get like 1 per chest doing instances. You cannot even refund the tracery if you trade the wrong one by mistake. YIKES, this system is horrible.
    Last edited by bjute; Oct 14 2021 at 06:09 AM.

Why is it better?
    You're missing an argument there.

What "guide" are you referring to?
    The SSG one which is just a PR-piece and doesn't even e.g. mention that you have to reforge your newly purchased LI?

Why would an end-user be forced to use out-game resources to understand a newly and touted "improved" LI system?

Quote Originally Posted by bjute View Post
    The fact that people have to look on forums/twitter etc to use this system just proves how much of a failure this new system is. Instead of the convenient old LI panel where we had everything in 1 place.. We have to go through pages of traceries, run to different bookshelves, navigate through the most horrible UI ever implemented etc.. You cannot even inspect players and see their complete LI build, if you inspect a player it only shows 3 slots. If you use a small monitor the tooltip doesn't even fit on the screen lol.. You need like 1000 runes to max out the traceries, and you get like 1 per chest doing instances. You cannot even refund the tracery if you trade the wrong one by mistake. YIKES, this system is horrible.
    If you use the current "quality" of 30.3 as a base then working at SSG has to be like a dream come true: it doesn't matter how horrible your work is because everything will get a pass.
    Last edited by oggbnvwnyc; Oct 14 2021 at 06:27 AM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast