We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 26 to 34 of 34
  1. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Pewpewmidget View Post
    Months upon months after release and it's still not a complete expansion.
    The instances are still buggy and, arguably, overtuned and the grind for Gundabad tokens is still a slog-fest.
    There was a instance, in Car Bronach, that they were talking about then decided not to bring it out for some reason.

    2 3-man instances, 1 6-man and a raid. That's pretty much all there is for endgame for anyone who does t3+ group content.
    And that gets old pretty fast.
    That is all your opinion, nothing more, nothing less.
    I love Gundabad. Loved it from the day it came out. The new zones, the story, the 3 man and yes the raid.
    The only thing I dont like is the 6 man, which is horrible imo.
    Is it worth 40 euro, that's again opinion, for me it more than was.

    Buggy? /shrug.
    I didn't encounter bugs except one in the epic story which made me redo that quest.

    The subject of this thread was if it's worth 2995 lp. I'd say yes to that, because it is the exact same price other expansions were in real life money, and less lp.
    Rohan was 4295 lp,so basically the lp is a lot less this time.

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    2,841
    Quote Originally Posted by Fadil View Post
    The subject of this thread was if it's worth 2995 lp. I'd say yes to that, because it is the exact same price other expansions were in real life money, and less lp.
    Rohan was 4295 lp,so basically the lp is a lot less this time.
    Agreed. 3K LP that someone could grind out is not expensive by any means for an expansion.
    "Grandchildren are God's reward for not killing your children when you wanted to."

  3. #28
    2995 LP, SSG wants up to open our wallets for lesser emptier expansions costing more then previous ones and people are responding by leaving to play less laggy and more populated games...
    ·Ï¢årµ§·

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Mar 2022
    Posts
    270
    There was a good deal more longevity out of a Rohan purchase. No instances to become unrewarding with the following release. Fighting on horse back with the Rohirrim and Bridles to tune and enhance them. Then a merge and virtualisation to give us the feel of an unbroken stallion intent on our demise beneath us for some interesting adventures.

    And still using the War-steed travelling around Middle-earth; not done a BG, an Orthanc or a BB in a long, long while. Not even MT dailies or an FI.

    But if you can't prove your loyalty to Lotro embracing and adapting to every aspect of game play along the journey there's another way to prove it - to oneself.

    A sub during the wait would pay for it. An LP farm might be a refreshing change, it's been that many years. The Bonus Points sales are up too...

    However:
    Date 04.05.2022 17:30 (GMT -05:00)
    Item 1 × Expansion: Fate of Gundabad
    SSG forced us to think about currency management so much, can't blame me for applying it to rl.

  5. #30
    CaerArianrhod's Avatar
    CaerArianrhod is offline Rohirrim Scout
    Guardian of Erebrandir's Horseshoe's Secret
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,485
    Quote Originally Posted by Fadil View Post
    That is all your opinion, nothing more, nothing less.
    That is also my opinion.


    Quote Originally Posted by Fadil View Post
    I love Gundabad. Loved it from the day it came out. The new zones, the story, the 3 man and yes the raid.
    The only thing I dont like is the 6 man, which is horrible imo.
    Is it worth 40 euro, that's again opinion, for me it more than was.
    The landscape is cool.
    Although most players hate Deepscrave, that i my favorite map in Gundabad.
    But as a questing area, Câr Bronach was unfinished for months, and I am not sure if it is complete right now.


    Quote Originally Posted by Fadil View Post
    Buggy? /shrug.
    I didn't encounter bugs except one in the epic story which made me redo that quest.
    When came out, Den of Pughlak was closed for weeks, because it was bugged until the point, where it wasn't possible to play.
    Just two days ago, when we did a raid run, but the last "Echo of Winter" just wasn't there. Maybe it was on holiday or had to do some urgent business, but the gates were closed, so we could not go down the stairs to Hrimil. We had to open a new raid instance and had to redo the whole 3rd part of the raid. A Lore Master now can have a permanent Ent companion over his head (after using "Ents go to War") a bug, that was fixed years ago and now SSG put it back into the game, .etc. etc. etc.
    Just because you didn't encounter bugs, it doesn't mean that there are no bugs in the game. That's means only, you don't play enough to see them.

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,464
    Not particularly impressed that I just paid for the expansion, 2995 points, and it doesn't include the Brawler, which will take another 1000 to unlock.

    The expansion includes the Brawler class, so why doesn't it any more?
    'A cage,' she said. 'To stay behind bars, until use and old age accept them, and all chance of doing great deeds is gone beyond recall or desire.'

    [evernight] lilka : warden | gwenaëlle : champion | elorie : minstrel | cedar : hunter


  7. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilka View Post
    Not particularly impressed that I just paid for the expansion, 2995 points, and it doesn't include the Brawler, which will take another 1000 to unlock.

    The expansion includes the Brawler class, so why doesn't it any more?
    Because your using points not real money.
    Evernight - Walred (Champ), Walmur (RK), Walbert-2 (Cappy)

  8. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilka View Post
    Not particularly impressed that I just paid for the expansion, 2995 points, and it doesn't include the Brawler, which will take another 1000 to unlock.

    The expansion includes the Brawler class, so why doesn't it any more?
    For the base price (in cash) of the expansion you can buy more than 3995LP so its still less to buy that way. I've finally nearly finished Blood of Azog, so will be buying Gundabad with points imminently - double bonus point sale was well timed, so I've stocked up by getting the £40 9000 point bundle (will also need Rangers and Ruins, and Yonderland soon).

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    1,235
    Quote Originally Posted by Once_of_Bree View Post
    Because your using points not real money.

    Mines of Moria, via POINTS instead of money, came with Rune-keeper, Warden and 2 character slots.
    Your argument is invalid.

 

 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload