We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: LI Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by OldManMagic View Post
    Raninia,

I recall someone, either an interview with you or on +Cord of the Rings, that the revamp was not going to be a "one and done" process but would be a process of Updates. Is this still the case, and what we had on BR is an early look at the first part of the Revamp?
    The current stuff on Bullroarer is a reasonably representative view of what's in there. We're gonna keep adding to it on Bullroarer as we go - and we've already implemented some changes based on feedback - and we'll continue to do so once the revamp hits the live game. We're gonna put out as many of the biggest fires as we can, and the feedback we're getting already is super helpful for us in figuring which things need to be addressed soonest. I understand that players tend to prioritize their own class first, so our priorities may not line up 100% with yours, but our commitment is that we're gonna keep working on it, iterating, taking in feedback, responding, for a long, long time in live

Quote Originally Posted by Raninia View Post
    I'm not sure whether the current implementation is character or account bound, I'll check with the team. I can see a reasonable case for either, but I would personally like it to be more alt-friendly than not, as that's one of the things we were hoping to work on with this revamp. The team might have some very good reasons for it to be character bound however, so I'll check with them before confirming.
    To circle back real quick, confirmed that Ancient Script is account-bound.

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    I know of at least two changes coming related to this: We intend to drop them in higher values than one, and we have tech already in the works to apply multiple of the same kind at a time.
    Glad to hear that. I hope tough, that the area where the updates need to be pulled to can be made bigger also (for example the whole band of the tracery). I tested it when it was late at night here in Europe and missed the area quite often.

Quote Originally Posted by MAWorking View Post
    My concern still lies with what happens with all of the mats we have been grinding for years?
    They have to have a conversion value... they have to!
    You cant punish us for grinding by making what we were grinding obsolete and then just to make it suck more... you have a new grind!

Please let us know how conversion is going to work.
    I agree, I have a lot of scrolls and crystals in store to upgrade the LIs of my lower level twinks. Still hoping, I didn't waste a lot of time farming them.

There's a lot in this thread, but now that I have the time, gonna start to respond a bit more consistently, starting here! I and others have spent a lot of time reading and passing feedback along, just haven't had the chance to reply this week.

Our thought on putting Ancient Script in the wallet is that it behaves like a currency, so it should go in the wallet, as it makes the most sense there. It also frees up an inventory slot, so that's often a plus.

I'm not sure whether the current implementation is character or account bound, I'll check with the team. I can see a reasonable case for either, but I would personally like it to be more alt-friendly than not, as that's one of the things we were hoping to work on with this revamp. The team might have some very good reasons for it to be character bound however, so I'll check with them before confirming.

I think the cap is certainly subject to change. That'll potentially be adjusted as we continue to iterate and implement the economy, pieces of which I believe are already in, enough to give folks a sense of where things are headed. I don't know all the details myself, but from what I've been told, we want to make general levelling progression pretty smooth and easy, so you should get a healthy amount of traceries and enhancement runes as you level. You should be able to upgrade relatively consistently as you go along, and our goal is that you can confidently get to cap without having to do any real grind. Of course, if you want to grind as you level because you want everything to always be capped, that's a choice you can make, but we're not intending to force you, and we'll be balancing away from that. As such, Ancient Scripts aren't going to be the main way you get traceries, but they'll be the most reliable way to get the ones you want specifically. So while the cap feels very important now, since y'all are interacting with the system pretty much exclusively through the barter, that's not representative of what the experience will generally be like several months after the revamp goes live, particularly when levelling; it'll mostly be something you're engaging with more at cap, while progressing through endgame.
    To circle back real quick, confirmed that Ancient Script is account-bound.

Thank you for the update Raninia, this sounds very encouraging. I'm glad to hear that the plan is to make building and growing your LIs to be a more natural progression as you level and that maxing them is intended to be optional. Happy about the scripts being account bound as well. I'm also very curious as to what other ways we'll be able to get traceries besides scripts.

Quote Originally Posted by CloudCastle View Post
    Thank you for the update Raninia, this sounds very encouraging. I'm glad to hear that the plan is to make building and growing your LIs to be a more natural progression as you level and that maxing them is intended to be optional. Happy about the scripts being account bound as well. I'm also very curious as to what other ways we'll be able to get traceries besides scripts.
    I actually tested this earlier today to see if any instances started dropping them(I just solo’d everything with the LI bug which basically allows for limitless DPS and morale) So far T3/4 Raids seem to primarily drop teal traceries, whereas T5 dropped a gold one. I’m sort of hoping that’s not the only way to get the gold level ones as a drop, especially for class specific traceries as that is going to be pretty off-putting for a lot of players here.

Unhappy

BUG REPORT: I had something REALLY weird happen with my test bow (hunter) of the new LI system. If this is a one off, and never repeated, okay, but if it's something that's going to crop up, you'll probably want to know about it. Picture attached at end (I hope).

Started a new bow and a main hand LIs on Wednesday, did not finish that day, but I had 6 hunter traceries on each, and each had a heraldry tracery slotted. The Word of Power (2 per LI for hunters) and the Word of Craft tracery slots were empty. Logged off Wednesday. When I came back on Thursday, there was a small update, and I did notice that there were various traceries now available that hadn't been there on Wednesday. Then I looked at my LIs. The main hand (sword) LI was as I left it, but the bow was (and still is) all wacky.

WACKY:
    - The 2 Word of Power slots have disappeared, and do not reappear when I attempt to place those traceries on the bow, so none on the bow. I put them on the sword, that worked fine/as expected.
    - The Hunter traceries (6, as the maximum) have moved UP on the LI panel for the bow, and 3 new slots for same have appeared. I have not tried to put any more on for fear of what would happen.
    - The Word of Craft slots remained empty, but just now I tried adding traceries there and they slotted as expected. This did not change anything else, the Word of Power slots are still missing, and the three extra (and still empty) slots for hunter traceries remain empty.

ETA: I obviously do NOT know how to add a picture! You'll have to go on my description.
    Linden Starfall, Leader of Mithril Crowns of Elendilmir and Arkenstone

Quote Originally Posted by greendarner View Post
    WACKY:
    - The 2 Word of Power slots have disappeared, and do not reappear when I attempt to place those traceries on the bow, so none on the bow. I put them on the sword, that worked fine/as expected.
    - The Hunter traceries (6, as the maximum) have moved UP on the LI panel for the bow, and 3 new slots for same have appeared. I have not tried to put any more on for fear of what would happen.
    - The Word of Craft slots remained empty, but just now I tried adding traceries there and they slotted as expected. This did not change anything else, the Word of Power slots are still missing, and the three extra (and still empty) slots for hunter traceries remain empty.

ETA: I obviously do NOT know how to add a picture! You'll have to go on my description.
    Build 1 had 2 power tracery slots on warden javelin, and Build 2 had 3 power tracery slots. I bet they also added a third slot to the Hunter bow too, and I bet it just broke the one youd made in the first build.

Try and make a new bow and see if it does have 3 Word of Power slots
    Argendauss, Captain
    Rechart, Warden
    Hrodgart, Beorning
    Gunnart, Guardian

If they don't wipe our characters before then next Bullroarer iteration, I will try a new one. I thought of doing that but didn't have the time or bandwidth to try it. I mostly wanted to let SSG know this weird thing happened. If it doesn't happen to anyone else, then it probably is just a one-time glitch.
    Linden Starfall, Leader of Mithril Crowns of Elendilmir and Arkenstone

They also put a 1000 cap on ancient scripts. Depending on how hard these are to acquire, I wonder just how long it'll take to get our new LIs set up with the right legacies.
    Funny, the presenter on the Twitch stream had 4900+ ancient scripts showing.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevyn55 View Post
    Funny, the presenter on the Twitch stream had 4900+ ancient scripts showing.
    Build 1 didn't put it in a barter wallet or cap it.
    Argendauss, Captain
    Rechart, Warden
    Hrodgart, Beorning
    Gunnart, Guardian

Quote Originally Posted by Strider5548 View Post
    Putting aside everything else, anyone else kind of annoyed that 50% of the UI is just buttons to pay with MC? I count 14 MC buttons and 1 'Buy MC' button in that small portion of the window alone. Seriously get that #### out of here. It's fine to have an MC option but having your UI cluttered with constant PAY HERE PAY HERE PAY HERE options is obnoxious. How about using some of that real estate to give us a real UI window where we don't have to scroll all over the place just to see everything?

EDIT: Also interesting that there never seems to be an issue applying multiple levels of something when you are buying with MC (refer to slider bar in screenshot).
    +1

As a rule of thumb i would shop in the store that has a single sign which says "Newsagents" but will avoid the areas where the shops have multiple repetitive signage for things I don't want, eg if it says "GROCERIES FOOD FRUIT FOOD POUND PLUS POUND PLUS MOBILE MOBILE MOBILE PHONES PHONES PHONES TAX DISC REFUNDS" (or somesuch) across the windows, yeah no - and the thought may even cross my mind to report the shop owner to the council for bringing down property prices! Definitely not going to be crossing the threshold past that sort of signage.
    Frappy the Fearless | Captain of Gondor | Woodworker
    Em the Eradicator | Loremaster of Lothlorien | Scholar
    Rhee the Righteous | Burglar of Rohan | Tailor
    There is always Room for Improvement..

more rng pls
    Last edited by shino047; Oct 21 2021 at 04:11 AM.

Hopefully Raninina is still reading this and will respond, prepare for a long post...

I would just like to ask a few things, to begin with. Why has it become commonplace in LOTRO to release things that are not ready, or to push ahead with systems that YOU [the developers] know are not going to be ready, or even in an acceptable state when you plan to release them. You have, in your various responses already noted that there will be continuing work going into this new LI system after it’s released, for many months to come; now, I’m not asking you to make the system 100% perfect before you release it, because quite frankly, that is un-attainable, it will never be perfect, but it should at least be acceptable before it is released, and in my view, from what I saw on Bullroarer, this system is FAR from acceptable. I’m aware there are many more weeks [potentially even a month or two] of Bullroarer previews to come, but I honestly do not believe that the massive failings of this system will be fixed during that time.

In my opinion, you are trying to do too much in too short a period of time, and from what I’ve seen so far, you’re going to fail at it.

SSG has a habit of doing too much at once and not realising how each change they make snowballs onto the respective classes affected by the changes, we only have to look at recent history [albeit just slightly before your time] to know this fact to be true; Runekeepers, at the same time you fixed the ‘Fate bug’, you also nerfed their Lightning Line, this was a double nerf to the class that wasn’t rectified until a few months ago – which meant for a good year or more, Runekeepers were not viable for end-game content. Now, you are making exactly the same mistake, AGAIN, you plan to disable weapon swapping in combat, and simultaneously release the new LI system which, in turn, is a gigantic nerf for several classes, due to you having removed certain Legacies during conversion to Traceries [or substantially nerfing them] for at least 3 respective classes; Captains, Burglars, and most notably, Champions. However, your only response on this so far has been, we will plan to rectify this once the system is live. No. That is not good enough I’m sorry. You have been working on this system for months, the various failings of the system, including the aforementioned, have been well documented on Palantir as I am given to understand, and yet, you have done nothing about it. I’m sorry but it isn’t acceptable to say to Champions [or any other class who is negatively affected by these changes] that, yes, we recognise that there is going to be a problem, but we don’t care enough to do anything about it right now because we’d rather finish the system first, in turn, you are effectively saying,

“Champions et al. you’re going to be screwed for several months after the release of this new system, and we cannot say when the problems might be fixed, it could be anywhere from 6 months to even longer, during that time you will struggle if not fail to get into endgame high-tier content, during which time the new instance cluster and/or raid will be released so you will also be significantly behind everyone else by the time we do decide to fix it”.

In the case of Captains [my main], you are completely destroying both their DPS and Healing capabilities, and then with this new system saying [based on the current traceries], you can only have one, and it’s going to be worse than it currently is on live. Red-Line Captains already currently underperform in terms of their OWN-DPS and are at times relied on for their extra healing, both of which is being completely destroyed by these changes.

- Loss of Captain AoE Healing Legacy & Loss of Captain Healing Magnitude % (Yes replaced by a similar tracery, however, said traceries are limited and forces you to choose between Healing or DPS).
    - Loss of +% Bleed Magnitude coupled with the loss of Weapon Swapping which means losing access to the +9 Bleed pulse Legacy on unimbued Legendaries.

Furthermore, what makes you think people will eagerly engage with an incomplete, unpolished system that is subject to change when it hits the Live Servers? I for one won’t be. Why would I? Why would I waste my time and resources investing in the new Legendary System only for you to decide in a week, or a months’ time that you’re going to start changing things around, would you compensate players for having already invested into the new system, I highly doubt it.

You have also completely, and utterly failed, in my view, to address the current problems with the Imbued Legendary System, in fact, you’ve completely glorified such failings in the NEW system, least of all being the grind involved.

49x13x2 [1274] Enhancement Runes to max out our Traceries? This is almost THREE TIMES as many Empowerment Scrolls currently required for two Imbued Legendary Items, you could drop these Enhancement Runes 10 at a time and it still would not be enough. THIS needs to be addressed. Furthermore is it meant to be intentional that Enhacement Runes have no effect on the Class specific or +/% based effect on the Tracery and only increase the stat? This seems like an oversight and does nothing except encourage yet another, massive stat bloat.

And the point raised by Joedangod about not giving people a choice, I’m sorry, but it’s true – you have more or less copy and pasted the old legacies onto the new traceries, and either slightly buffed due to scaling, or in other cases completely destroyed them, and the case is, from almost all levels of game-play people will take the Traceries that offer the highest numbers. People will not invest in or waste time and resources building traceries that are bad, or considered bad by the wider player base, at least 90% of people will conform to whatever the meta is [ultimately whatever produces the highest numbers], and if you believe otherwise, I don’t believe you really understand the LOTRO community.

Ultimately, unless there are some drastic changes before this hits live, I don’t understand how you [as a company] can condone or be happy with releasing this system with Gundabad. Sorry.
    Last edited by Hephburz-2; Sep 13 2021 at 10:55 AM.

The grind for landscape is gone and that is most important to me. If you want the best for end game grind to your hearts content like you always did with the Moria LIs, as you do for best gear and essences. I don't know what all will be involved in this new system but it already has been stated that the classes will be tweaked and some of the legacies are less powerful because part of them have been rolled into the skills. I'm glad that my LI is now actually growing with me, that I don't need crystals anymore but just a reforge and that I can forget about traceries because they are not as powerful as the legacies.
    This was the first preview. As I understand it the revamp will go live before Gundabad so you have enough time to complain and try it out. You should be happy that now more new players and characters will start at the same footing like you and might increase the pool of instance players.

I might change my mind once the system is live but so far I like what I see. Now if I can't play my mini in landscape anymore, that will be different.

Quote Originally Posted by Hephburz-2 View Post
    Hopefully Raninina is still reading this and will respond, prepare for a long post...

I would just like to ask a few things, to begin with. Why has it become commonplace in LOTRO to release things that are not ready, or to push ahead with systems that YOU [the developers] know are not going to be ready, or even in an acceptable state when you plan to release them. You have, in your various responses already noted that there will be continuing work going into this new LI system after it’s released, for many months to come; now, I’m not asking you to make the system 100% perfect before you release it, because quite frankly, that is un-attainable, it will never be perfect, but it should at least be acceptable before it is released, and in my view, from what I saw on Bullroarer, this system is FAR from acceptable. I’m aware there are many more weeks [potentially even a month or two] of Bullroarer previews to come, but I honestly do not believe that the massive failings of this system will be fixed during that time.

In my opinion, you are trying to do too much in too short a period of time, and from what I’ve seen so far, you’re going to fail at it.

SSG has a habit of doing too much at once and not realising how each change they make snowballs onto the respective classes affected by the changes, we only have to look at recent history [albeit just slightly before your time] to know this fact to be true; Runekeepers, at the same time you fixed the ‘Fate bug’, you also nerfed their Lightning Line, this was a double nerf to the class that wasn’t rectified until a few months ago – which meant for a good year or more, Runekeepers were not viable for end-game content. Now, you are making exactly the same mistake, AGAIN, you plan to disable weapon swapping in combat, and simultaneously release the new LI system which, in turn, is a gigantic nerf for several classes, due to you having removed certain Legacies during conversion to Traceries [or substantially nerfing them] for at least 3 respective classes; Captains, Burglars, and most notably, Champions. However, your only response on this so far has been, we will plan to rectify this once the system is live. No. That is not good enough I’m sorry. You have been working on this system for months, the various failings of the system, including the aforementioned, have been well documented on Palantir as I am given to understand, and yet, you have done nothing about it. I’m sorry but it isn’t acceptable to say to Champions [or any other class who is negatively affected by these changes] that, yes, we recognise that there is going to be a problem, but we don’t care enough to do anything about it right now because we’d rather finish the system first, in turn, you are effectively saying,

“Champions et al. you’re going to be screwed for several months after the release of this new system, and we cannot say when the problems might be fixed, it could be anywhere from 6 months to even longer, during that time you will struggle if not fail to get into endgame high-tier content, during which time the new instance cluster and/or raid will be released so you will also be significantly behind everyone else by the time we do decide to fix it”.

In the case of Captains [my main], you are completely destroying both their DPS and Healing capabilities, and then with this new system saying [based on the current traceries], you can only have one, and it’s going to be worse than it currently is on live. Red-Line Captains already currently underperform in terms of their OWN-DPS and are at times relied on for their extra healing, both of which is being completely destroyed by these changes.

- Loss of Captain AoE Healing Legacy & Loss of Captain Healing Magnitude % (Yes replaced by a similar tracery, however, said traceries are limited and forces you to choose between Healing or DPS).
    - Loss of +% Bleed Magnitude coupled with the loss of Weapon Swapping which means losing access to the +9 Bleed pulse Legacy on unimbued Legendaries.

Furthermore, what makes you think people will eagerly engage with an incomplete, unpolished system that is subject to change when it hits the Live Servers? I for one won’t be. Why would I? Why would I waste my time and resources investing in the new Legendary System only for you to decide in a week, or a months’ time that you’re going to start changing things around, would you compensate players for having already invested into the new system, I highly doubt it.

You have also completely, and utterly failed, in my view, to address the current problems with the Imbued Legendary System, in fact, you’ve completely glorified such failings in the NEW system, least of all being the grind involved.

49x13x2 [1274] Enhancement Runes to max out our Traceries? This is almost THREE TIMES as many Empowerment Scrolls currently required for two Imbued Legendary Items, you could drop these Enhancement Runes 10 at a time and it still would not be enough. THIS needs to be addressed. Furthermore is it meant to be intentional that Enhacement Runes have no effect on the Class specific or +/% based effect on the Tracery and only increase the stat? This seems like an oversight and does nothing except encourage yet another, massive stat bloat.

And the point raised by Joedangod about not giving people a choice, I’m sorry, but it’s true – you have more or less copy and pasted the old legacies onto the new traceries, and either slightly buffed due to scaling, or in other cases completely destroyed them, and the case is, from almost all levels of game-play people will take the Traceries that offer the highest numbers. People will not invest in or waste time and resources building traceries that are bad, or considered bad by the wider player base, at least 90% of people will conform to whatever the meta is [ultimately whatever produces the highest numbers], and if you believe otherwise, I don’t believe you really understand the LOTRO community.

Ultimately, unless there are some drastic changes before this hits live, I don’t understand how you [as a company] can condone or be happy with releasing this system with Gundabad. Sorry.

Very well written post, couldn't agree more.

The current stuff on Bullroarer is a reasonably representative view of what's in there. We're gonna keep adding to it on Bullroarer as we go - and we've already implemented some changes based on feedback - and we'll continue to do so once the revamp hits the live game. We're gonna put out as many of the biggest fires as we can, and the feedback we're getting already is super helpful for us in figuring which things need to be addressed soonest. I understand that players tend to prioritize their own class first, so our priorities may not line up 100% with yours, but our commitment is that we're gonna keep working on it, iterating, taking in feedback, responding, for a long, long time in live
    There shouldn't really be many fires to put out with the length of time this revamp has been in the making. But, as there are fires, big ones it would seem, they need to be put out before it goes to live, not a long, long time afterward. Players will leave during those long, long waits for their classes to work properly. Playing a work in progress for a little while is acceptable. a long long time however isn't. If I find I have to wait months and months for my favorite class to work properly with the new weapons you have given it - that's not going to work.
    Sometimes, no matter how hard you look, there is no best light.

Quote Originally Posted by Omen_Kaizer View Post
    You and everyone else are upset with the # of enhancement runes needed because you assume theyll come at the same rate as empowerment scrolls and crystals. But you have no clue if itll be a trickle or a good flow, so you necessarily have no clue that this system represents a big grind or not.
    Rule of thumb. If you don't want people to dread large numbers, don't use large numbers. Even if these runes come at a faster rate than empowerment scrolls, they would need to come three times faster/more easily to just break even.

Don't worry folks, we're going to throw these out at twice the rate that you could earn empos, may catch some folks as a "great deal", when it's actually worse than the current earnings.

Correct, we don't know that this will be more grindy than what we have now, but we don't know that it won't be either. History is all we have to go on, and that isn't just speaking loudly at the moment, it's screaming blue murder. If it does turn out the way many suspect it will, it will take another three years to get them to acknowledge it and a further three to put it right - just like the system we had now did. Then they'll change it all again shortly afterwards for a brand new revamp.

@ SSG. This really needs to go onto BR for thorough testing. Two days is not enough time to fully play with the system and get a proper feel for how it's working and how to utilise it to it's full potential or to find what we dislike about it. The actual earning of the components also needs to be on BR, at the correct rates and frequencies that we will see on live. Waltzing up to a barter NPC in the Eyes and Guard and paying a few silver to get all that we need is nowhere near representative of what is coming. Let's have some true testing of the whole system please.

The full system to get components might be on BR, but will anyone have time and patience to do actual questing/raiding to see what you get for reward?

PS.
    SSG, please consider to leave an option to "deconstruct" old LIs, scrolls, etc indefinitely. Otherwise, if a player had a several years break, he can find that midnight striked a long, long time ago and all his carriages have turned into pumpkins. Who will want to give LOTRO a second chance if all the hard-worked weapons became useless and you have to regrind from scratch?
    Just, say, make it deconstruct into Ancient scripts (or whatever) with Flame of Ancalamir. Or, have a barter option at a forge-master. Or, post-transition you cannot equip the LI (it's red if already equipped), but let the forge-master have a quest to barter it for the new weapon, if you have old LI in inventory.

Quote Originally Posted by wispsong View Post
    This was the first preview. As I understand it the revamp will go live before Gundabad so you have enough time to complain and try it out.
    What ? Dude, we have mid september. Fall isn't far away, and Gundabad will be released in Fall. There is litterlally NO time to work on this thing.

All Bullroarers showed us one thing: what is on bullroarer will be released in a couple of weeks. I bet its the same with LI-Revamp. For players this is a "this is what we implemented, live with it"

This worries me greatly. It is a support class, and unless they intend to bump those dps numbers, it makes zero sense to weaken our healing capabilities. We will essentially become rez boats in raids, and many of us will be forced to play as tanks, which a lot of captains don't like.

I hope this will be addressed by the developers.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    @ SSG. This really needs to go onto BR for thorough testing. Two days is not enough time to fully play with the system and get a proper feel for how it's working and how to utilise it to it's full potential or to find what we dislike about it. The actual earning of the components also needs to be on BR, at the correct rates and frequencies that we will see on live. Waltzing up to a barter NPC in the Eyes and Guard and paying a few silver to get all that we need is nowhere near representative of what is coming. Let's have some true testing of the whole system please.
    Ditto.

1) Really REALLY concerned that there's 20+ level gaps in aquiring Traceries. Needs to be "Tracery of Elven-Realms (60-65)" "Tracery of Wild-Lands" (66-75) "Tracery of Oaths Broken" (95-100)

2) Heraldry needs a different slot from Words of Power, if it's only meant to be slotted *once* on a Legendary Item, that needs to be made clear. On a brand new LI there's no indication of that.

3) Where these traceries are earned will be a massive crux on how this revamp will play out. If Vastin goes with bestowal based on content, then level ranges will still have massive disparity based on how limited some levels currently are (level 95 limited to Epic Battles, Mordor limited to Dailies locked behind quests and only Court of Seregost as a realistically repeatable form of content). Going with level-based will also require actually bringing scaling instances and skirmishes out of cold storage which both need serious looks at- fellowship/raid encounters still spawn in solo skirmishes.

4) Enchantment runes cannot be allowed to become the new scrolls. It defeats the whole point of this revamp, replacing one grind for another. "Catch-up ability" is irrelevant if you're still locked out from doing content that the major cliques of the playerbase are mindlessly running ad nauseum whilst comparable player strength requires farming content no one else actively attempts.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    Rule of thumb. If you don't want people to dread large numbers, don't use large numbers. Even if these runes come at a faster rate than empowerment scrolls, they would need to come three times faster/more easily to just break even.

Don't worry folks, we're going to throw these out at twice the rate that you could earn empos, may catch some folks as a "great deal", when it's actually worse than the current earnings.

Correct, we don't know that this will be more grindy than what we have now, but we don't know that it won't be either. History is all we have to go on, and that isn't just speaking loudly at the moment, it's screaming blue murder. If it does turn out the way many suspect it will, it will take another three years to get them to acknowledge it and a further three to put it right - just like the system we had now did. Then they'll change it all again shortly afterwards for a brand new revamp.
    Honestly, From the beta the Enchantment runes could be made DRAMATICALLY more palatable if the item levels were increments of +5 instead of +1.

From what I'm describing: Common: +5, Uncommon +10, Rare +15, Incomparable +20, Epic +25. Add a simple flag to have the tracery not go above the item-level relevant flag the same way IXP currently works.

They also put a 1000 cap on ancient scripts. Depending on how hard these are to acquire, I wonder just how long it'll take to get our new LIs set up with the right legacies.
    1000 is WAY too low a cap on Ancient Scripts, considering there are ones that cost 500. Sometimes it is glaringly obvious that developers don't even bother talking to the person next to them in the office.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast