We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Could The Gold Spammers Disappear again Please??

Please SSG Get rid of them again. Players are talking about leaving, I think others have already left.
    Where world chat was fun and relaxing it upsetting everyone knowing the out come of said spammers and those that
    click or go to the links. Where there were many Different conversations there are less as the spammers spam the chat right after one another.
    Landroval Yewlin level 140 hunter (7/11/2022), Gwenyan 115, Yewdalin 103. And Many Others
    Thoughts of Blessings for Each of you. Ask God to help you.
    Signup Date 3/31/2009

Quote Originally Posted by lockecd View Post
    Please SSG Get rid of them again. Players are talking about leaving, I think others have already left.
    Where world chat was fun and relaxing it upsetting everyone knowing the out come of said spammers and those that
    click or go to the links. Where there were many Different conversations there are less as the spammers spam the chat right after one another.
    I've seen a few, but reporting them in-game also adds them to the ignore. Why would someone quit over a few gold spammers? That's so weird, lol. It's easy enough to add them to your ignore list. I would also like them gone, but that's complicated.
    (¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.-> LotRO Beta Tester & 2007 Founder's Club Veteran <-.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯)

They already know about it and it already has been reported on this thread https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...land-Evernight!!!
    Pontin Level 140 Hobbit Burglar Leader of Second Breakfast Crickhollow Server.
    other classes: Minstrel, Guardian, Captain, Hunter.

Taken many Screenshots of Middle-earth, Also a Moderator of the LotRO Community Discord server

Please do keep reporting them, and make sure your friends know not to utilize their services or follow their links. Part of the reason these spammers are as difficult to curb as we'd like is they will use the accounts of people who follow their links once their previous accounts are banned, making it much more of a challenge to get rid of, besides the impact to these players accounts.
    Community Manager, Lord of the Rings Online
    Follow LOTRO on: Twitter - Facebook - Twitch - YouTube
    Personal channels (No SSG talk): Twitch Twitter Facebook
    Support: help.standingstonegames.com
    coolcool

I report everyone I can click on my ignore them report as gold spammer they are so bad. It is very distrustful at times.

I saw that, yet it is label is one server. I am hearing where it is many, everyone seems to be hopping servers to find a quite on with no spammers.
    Landroval Yewlin level 140 hunter (7/11/2022), Gwenyan 115, Yewdalin 103. And Many Others
    Thoughts of Blessings for Each of you. Ask God to help you.
    Signup Date 3/31/2009

Quote Originally Posted by Evodius View Post
    I've seen a few, but reporting them in-game also adds them to the ignore. Why would someone quit over a few gold spammers? That's so weird, lol. It's easy enough to add them to your ignore list. I would also like them gone, but that's complicated.

On Landy today it's not been "a few". The game won't let us report them as fast as new accounts are popping in with spam, it gives the "you must wait a moment before doing that" type of message.

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Please do keep reporting them, and make sure your friends know not to utilize their services or follow their links. Part of the reason these spammers are as difficult to curb as we'd like is they will use the accounts of people who follow their links once their previous accounts are banned, making it much more of a challenge to get rid of, besides the impact to these players accounts.
    So what's the much bigger part of the reason> The guys who have your data and have been reactivating account the last week or so? Else you are encouraging the type of player who'd fall for such scams on purpose - SSG's fault.

STOP BLAMING PLAYERS AND OWN UP on Turbine's behalf...

You had to poke the nest with the resets...