We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Gold spammers land Evernight!!!

act asap pls ... after diplo server been like wild wild west

Its not just evernight its all servers getting spammed again, all you do is just right click and report as gold spammer, and they will know to deal with it.
    Pontin Level 140 Hobbit Burglar Leader of Second Breakfast Crickhollow Server.
    other classes: Minstrel, Guardian, Captain, Hunter.

Taken many Screenshots of Middle-earth, Also a Moderator of the LotRO Community Discord server

Quote Originally Posted by Pontin_Finnberry View Post
    Its not just evernight its all servers getting spammed again, all you do is just right click and report as gold spammer, and they will know to deal with it.
    this^^^ plus, it puts them on your ignore list, so you don't have to see it again (from that one...)

Quote Originally Posted by Flaxie View Post
    this^^^ plus, it puts them on your ignore list, so you don't have to see it again (from that one...)
    What really surprised me were people in World chat saying just put them ignore as too much effort to report them as Gold Spammers, it's on the same menu, there's just one extra click to Confirm the action
    Evernight - Walred (Champ), Walmur (RK), Walbert-2 (Cappy)

Quote Originally Posted by Once_of_Bree View Post
    What really surprised me were people in World chat saying just put them ignore as too much effort to report them as Gold Spammers, it's on the same menu, there's just one extra click to Confirm the action
    roflmfao
    went from reading the thread about weapon-swapping, where people are all gaga over how adding clicks/keystrokes makes the game more complex and somehow better, to this.

Arkenstone has been getting 8-10 a bloody HOUR for the past few days.

Come on, SSG, DO SOMETHING about this!

Quote Originally Posted by Khend View Post
    Arkenstone has been getting 8-10 a bloody HOUR for the past few days.

Come on, SSG, DO SOMETHING about this!
    They are. They are waiting for you to report them, as I don't think they actively monitor chat.
    When they are flooded with reports, they'll follow up and ban characters,

Quote Originally Posted by Flaxie View Post
    They are. They are waiting for you to report them, as I don't think they actively monitor chat.
    When they are flooded with reports, they'll follow up and ban characters,
    I report every one I see, they just pop back in 5 minutes, on another name, with the same Discord and URL's.

Did the dormant accounts resetting not work or are the farmers just flexing their muscles and proving their superiority? Maybe it's just the joint business model of old; "preying on the weak"?

Quote Originally Posted by Pontin_Finnberry View Post
    They may know what to do with it but they aren't doing it! We had a spammer likely doing market research for weeks and nothing was done and now we had same spammer for over a day and now two at once and more appearing within seconds of report and auto ignore for days.

Yup, they are back on Laurelin also.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirhaen View Post
    Yup, they are back on Laurelin also.
    Maybe another approach would be to get 500+ of us to start responding as if we are going to actually buy the gold but have a few questions and bombard them with questions.
    May the winds of fortune sail you,
    May you sail a gentle sea.
    May it always be the other guy
    Who says, "this drink's on me."

Quote Originally Posted by Once_of_Bree View Post
    I use a similar approach to those people. When I first see these spammers appear, I will use report (along with it's automatic ignore), but as soon as it becomes evident that they are using multiple accounts and will just pop up a few minutes later with a new one, then I just ignore. The way I see it, I can send a GM on a wild goose chase around potentially hundreds of accounts, to see nothing appearing in world chat, or I can get the same result without pulling GM resources by just using ignore and not take up all of their time. The initial reports are enough to raise the alert and let them know that there is a spammer around. All the extra tickets are just extra work, which means less time for other work.
    Sometimes, no matter how hard you look, there is no best light.

Whether you gold seller report or just plain ignore...

The more important question for me is WHY are they popping up all of a sudden again?

Is there a way to sell store stuff again for mithril or something equally as sinister and short sighted?

Anybody know?
    WHY DO PEOPLE WHO KNOW THE LEAST, KNOW IT THE LOUDEST?

Will banned chars also be deleted from our ignore lists?

Quote Originally Posted by SavinDwarf View Post
    Maybe another approach would be to get 500+ of us to start responding as if we are going to actually buy the gold but have a few questions and bombard them with questions.
    I doubt this will work. They might get the idea quite soon and I doubt that their business depends on "real customers" asking questions. They would probably lose a few minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by thinx View Post
    I doubt this will work. They might get the idea quite soon and I doubt that their business depends on "real customers" asking questions. They would probably lose a few minutes.
    Who even buy gold for real money in Lotro. You dont need it. You can farm everything.

Quote Originally Posted by HeliStorm View Post
    Who even buy gold for real money in Lotro. You dont need it. You can farm everything.
    this^^
    have to be a pretty lazy git to need to buy gold in a game where it's so ridiculously easy to get your own.

The question who even buys gold in LOTRO is meaningless. True gold sellers will only go where they see enough profit for their efforts. They are here, so they see a chance for profit. The majority of us won't use their services, so for us it is just spam that we want to get rid of.

Well if you are a new (or returning) player and you want another first age LI without having years of farming behind you, perhaps you don't have another symbol to do it (no luck, no drop). And on my server this weekend I have seen one on the auction house for 500PO. (as for ressources level 25 at 100 for 40PO) That's too much and then it can be an easy solution to buy gold.
    I don't know on Evernight but in Sirannon the AH is absolute non sense by players with thousands of gold and no more any idea how many gold very casual or new players can have. (for example me I just have 1k gold)

Quote Originally Posted by Nehniriel View Post
    Well if you are a new (or returning) player and you want another first age LI without having years of farming behind you, perhaps you don't have another symbol to do it (no luck, no drop). And on my server this weekend I have seen one on the auction house for 500PO. (as for ressources level 25 at 100 for 40PO) That's too much and then it can be an easy solution to buy gold.
    I don't know on Evernight but in Sirannon the AH is absolute non sense by players with thousands of gold and no more any idea how many gold very casual or new players can have. (for example me I just have 1k gold)
    Yeah, people are greedy too. If you on Evernight i give you 1 for free. Think i have 4-5 symbols left.

The game is promoted as one for clueless "gamers", they don't call them streams Official for no reason.

Cord pretty much makes sure he is defeated every stream like it doesn't matter, can play without knowing what your skills do, can ignore vast areas on the game and still get to play it. If the whole deal is about setting people up to be harvested when they run into difficulties then any of them could resort to the farmers.

However my money's is on the old Turbine data breach and the recent account reset has prodded the gold spammers into showing who's still the daddy.

I wonder if SSG will tell us how many of the spammers this time around have recently been through the accounts pages reactivating accounts. That they have highly accurate data
    about "their" account should be a red flag when a player might be delving into the recesses of their mind for any of the required details.

I've not been keeping abreast this time, is it the level 5 burglar defaults or levelled chars this time, or a mix? I only checked one out so far, a 50 Guard.

They've turned up on Belegaer as well, and not only that; it looks very much as if they are stealing credentials from unwary players and abuse the stolen characters for their spamming. Please get them away ASAP

Greetings, Polymachos
    Räuberhöhle auf Belegaer, Breelandsiedlung, Ochsbott, Lange Straße 5. Vorsicht, Fallen!
    Awkward Anomalities Arena in Breeland Homesteads, 6 Long Street, Ersward (Landroval) - Elderslade under attack!

Scared people tend to follow the flock, no matter which shepherd it has

Quote Originally Posted by Polymachos View Post
    They've turned up on Belegaer as well, and not only that; it looks very much as if they are stealing credentials from unwary players and abuse the stolen characters for their spamming. Please get them away ASAP

Greetings, Polymachos
    Same in Gladden, it's a mix. There are newly created characters but also older ones. I've caught a couple where I recognize the names so it's fair to assume it's a stolen account. Now what remains unclear is if that theft occured coz these players tried buying gold from those shady sites or their data was stolen in some other way (I hope not from an SSG database)
    Last edited by Laurelinarien; May 25 2021 at 06:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurelinarien View Post
    Same in Gladden, it's a mix. There are newly created characters but also older ones. I've caught a couple where I recognize the names so it's fair to assume it's a stolen account. Now what remains uncler is if that theft occured coz these players tried buying gold from those shady sites or their data was stolen in some other way (I hope not from an SSG database)
    I wonder how many absolutely new accounts there are that have no relation to an existing player (friend, family, significant other, not so significant other, etc.) The reason I ask, is most people starting a new account with a friend whose been playing for a while would tend to be given a starter pack. I just gave a niece 500 gold for example.

I suspect there are not a lot of people who don't know anyone, who are willing to buy gold on the black market on Lotro.... but I could be wrong
    May the winds of fortune sail you,
    May you sail a gentle sea.
    May it always be the other guy
    Who says, "this drink's on me."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast