We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Ultimate Fan Bundle is a joke!

https://store-new.standingstonegames...tro/expansions

I may be speaking too soon as the above link is now down for maintenance and it may be updated but theres no value, just a cash grab

Quote Originally Posted by Haeri7 View Post

I may be speaking too soon as the above link is now down for maintenance and it may be updated but theres no value, just a cash grab
    20 dollars for something smaller than a questpack is already the main rip-off kek

no valars? no race change tokens? 10k vxp is literally nothing! does seem very low on content, very disappointed TBH

10k vxp, boar mount, pig and donkey pet for £40 seems very steep in ultimate pack

I'm sure they forgot to add the row with "120 Valar | 2 | 1 | 0" in there...

Quote Originally Posted by Freanix View Post
    no valars? no race change tokens? 10k vxp is literally nothing! does seem very low on content, very disappointed TBH

10k vxp, boar mount, pig and donkye pet for £40 seems very steep in ultimate pack
    Yeah, have to agree. I'm usually on board for ultimate packs but ...2 pets, extra pig mount and some vxp isn't exciting to me. Bummer. (would have wished for housing item, or second carry-all, or valar, or race change token, or even some extra points)

Quote Originally Posted by MerryCav View Post
    Yeah, have to agree. I'm usually on board for ultimate packs but ...2 pets, extra pig mount and some vxp isn't exciting to me. Bummer. (would have wished for housing item, or second carry-all, or valar, or race change token, or even some extra points)
    Im a whale i admit it! but this is the first time in Lotro history I'm having to think about it! I cant believe they think 10kvxp is a lot it is like 2 weeks of weeklies.

10,000 virtue - LOL.

Since the company is loathe to give out information I have a question I was hoping someone might be able to answer.
    There was discussion on the test server about the T1 raid possibly giving a chance for real loot. Does it?
    This is the sole determining factor in whether I will buy the expansion.

Nothing in there validates them asking those numbers.

i was already very on the fence about this one. This ones not looking so good though. Those bundles are very sparse, and im just gonna wait to get it with points because its just so disappointing.

Heres hoping they just forgot to put everything in them and are updating the page while its down...
    Lugbur

Yes I’m sincerely hoping that they’ve taken it down to add extra items too. As it stands, I would push myself to go for collectors edition not because I think it’s amazing value but to support them. But seeing the jump in price to Ultimate... man

2 cosmetic pets, 1 mount and 10 virtue tomes for $40 extra bucks is mind boggling to me.

Do they rly put the mount behind 59$ paywall ?
    Hope there will be recolored verion or it will be able to get with LP after they release expansion to store.
    Kinda low move from their side

Normally, I'm the kind of person who starts putting money aside well in advance to purchase the Ultimate Edition bundles. However, seeing what's being offered, I can't justify anything more than the basic $20 one. The pricing feels excessive for the CE and definitely is excessive for the UE.At least I have some extra cash now to funnel into other things!

Hopefully the developers that continue to passionately work on creating the magnificent world of LOTR can outlast the tragic looming threat that is SSG corporate decision-making (Sauron lives?!) and atrocious communication / marketing. Seeing the community response to their hard work must be devastating, and it's only Tuesday. Even most passionate players *fading whale sounds* seem to reconsider purchasing this quest pack. I'm surprised the whaling boat has not entered disputed waters shooting soonTMs and cats.
    Freeps: R14 LM/ R8 RK / R6 WRD / MNS
    Creeps: R11 WRG/ R11 SPR/ R9 RVR/ R7 WL/ R6 BA/ R5 DFL

Sad to say that as a Founder who has bought every Ultimate expansion pack that I am probably not buying anything above the Standard and even that does not really have much to interest me. I'm not sure what other items would make the package more appealing though some of the OP suggestions sound good. Perhaps the only reason to buy even eth Standard pack would be to open the map.
    "They were in the wrong place at the wrong time, naturally they became heroes."

Well........ hmmm, Donkey pet and armoured pig sound awfully cute... lol

In the end, you have to decide if it's worth it to you, and how much extra cash you have. I'll probably hem and haw and then cave in and get it for one account. $20 version for other accounts, but I do hope they took it down to sweeten the deal enough to tip me over the edge. Either way, TO ME, it's not worth ranting about. (disclaimer: I'm NOT saying YOU shouldn't rant about it if you want to, lol)

They took the page down to add a new in game title for ultimate edition “The Idiot”

I'm someone who's usually ready to give my money to LOTRO to support the game, but this... is severely disappointing if it stands. I don't think I can justify the cost for so little.

At the very minimum they need some sort of unique carry all. But honestly without some sort of Valar the ultimate bundle does not look appealing at all.

They took the page down to add a new in game title for ultimate edition “The Idiot”
    Spot on!

When the announcement very first came out a couple of months ago I said I would pay the $99 because I'm a lifetimer and basically already pay for free, but this, well, I can't think of words for it. Virtue XP in the ultimate bundle? There is really nothing here that appeals for me beside the carry all box.

I'm gonna have to pass on this one.
    "Grandchildren are God's reward for not killing your children when you wanted to."

Why are we even bothering to discuss this right now since we won't know what the official version will be until its released? Which will probably be in 3-4 hours from now?
    May the winds of fortune sail you,
    May you sail a gentle sea.
    May it always be the other guy
    Who says, "this drink's on me."

No level advancement, this can be bypassed. wait for the real expansion, where you can shell out $120 for stuff not worth the asking price.

Quote Originally Posted by HolyDuckTape View Post
    20 dollars for something smaller than a questpack is already the main rip-off kek
    It's a quest pack (new landscape+quests), a raid, a 6-man, and a new solo/duo leveling system.
    Arda Shrugged - Elendilstone / Landroval / Anor

Good thing they included that shiny gold "RECOMMENDED" tab!

I'm in the fortunate position of not being that fussed about which one to buy. This fortunate position is partly due to being very fussed over which one to buy. I've said before that I'd be willing to invest money in the game with a sensible RoI but these don't offer that.

Gentlemen, you may put the boar mount right back into the device that turns pigs into bacon and thus into something with some beleiveability in the Lore. At present I'm not seeing anything that suggests anything but the most basic version for both my accounts.
    Mithithil Ithryndi

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast