We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

DX11 is nearly unplayable, but in DX9 I can't see puddles/other ground effects

Windows 10, GTX1060 gpu

Since I started playing lotro again, if I'm in DX11, anytime I'm fighting I immediately drop from 80+ FPS to <5 instantly. Immediately goes away when I'm not fighting. DX9 fixes this, however I'm unable to see things like puddles on the ground UNLESS I go into a direct top-down view. If my camera is just behind my character like usual, I don't see them. As soon as I go into a top-down view I can see them clearly.

Any ideas? I'm at a loss at this point.
    FIX PVMP

Quote Originally Posted by Dreagon View Post
    Windows 10, GTX1060 gpu

Since I started playing lotro again, if I'm in DX11, anytime I'm fighting I immediately drop from 80+ FPS to <5 instantly. Immediately goes away when I'm not fighting. ....

If you have an integrated graphics card in addition to the GTX 1060, it can happen that the 64Bit client runs on the integrated graphics card. You could try the following:

Quote Originally Posted by Thodorin View Post
    If the new 64Bit client is not recognized by the "right" graphics card and only runs on the integrated graphics card (e.g. laptops) this problem occur. It can be changed in the settings of the graphics card. E.g. at NVIDIA in the 3D settings under "Program settings" with "add" add the "lotroclient64.exe" and change under point 2 from "Global setting (automatic selection of integrated graphics card)" to "NVIDIA high performance processor". Then confirm with "apply".

Quote Originally Posted by Dreagon View Post
    Windows 10, GTX1060 gpu

Since I started playing lotro again, if I'm in DX11, anytime I'm fighting I immediately drop from 80+ FPS to <5 instantly. Immediately goes away when I'm not fighting. DX9 fixes this, however I'm unable to see things like puddles on the ground UNLESS I go into a direct top-down view. If my camera is just behind my character like usual, I don't see them. As soon as I go into a top-down view I can see them clearly.

Any ideas? I'm at a loss at this point.
    It happens after Midsummer fest update. I know at least 5 people who can't see puddles/ground effects (and purple/green/yellow eye above head) on DX 9, even when they don't have any problems with that before update

Quote Originally Posted by Elmagor View Post
    It happens after Midsummer fest update. I know at least 5 people who can't see puddles/ground effects (and purple/green/yellow eye above head) on DX 9, even when they don't have any problems with that before update
    same here. i cant see puddles on dx9 . and i dont know how to fix it((

Same. Unable to see target selection circles if the target is more than 5m away from me on DX9. DX10 and DX11 leave me down from 400 FPS to literally 4.

Just ludicrous it's still unfixed as this must be affecting every DX9 player, I have multiple devices running the game with the same bug.

Problem still here and many, many players complain about it. Do something with it!

I thought it was just me having this issue. Is there any fix or work around yet?
    Not all those who wander are lost. - Tolkien

Quote Originally Posted by Figment99 View Post
    I thought it was just me having this issue. Is there any fix or work around yet?
    this has not been fixed yet unfortunately. If there is a work around, other than using dx10/11, i dont know of it. I am at least lucky enough to where using Dx 11 isnt entirely unplayable for me, although it does start to chug pretty hard after about an hour
    Lugbur

Have to bump this topic up again!

I have a horrible time on DX11 for quiet a while now, it's horrendous. Tried to switch to DX 10, with the same results. I thought i go back to DX9 and it was better, but realized fairly fast, that I still can't see all the puddles and stuff.

Same issue and it is super annoying. Does any "official" even read this part of the forum?

UP...
    too long that it lasts.

I am running DirectX 11 (albeit on a Mac with WINE but that shouldn't make any difference) and find that it is better in terms of performance and lack of glitches than DirectX 9. DirectX 10 I find to be a buggy nightmare with such weird artifacts as river beds that appear dry and trees that flash white. DirectX 9 is fine, has a few very minor issues that some people might not even notice (such as target circles failing to draw at a distance) but is the version of DirectX least likely to cause major issues for a player.

If you are having an issue with DirectX 11 and LOTRO, try downloading and installing this package:
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down...ils.aspx?id=35
    It might be a good idea to read all the information on that page. Expand each section to read it all.