We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 161
  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,153

    Bullroarer Update 27.2 - Preview #1: REDUX - CLOSED

    Bullroarer is CLOSED
    Thank you for your participation!
    Report A Bug

    • The database has been wiped
    • Character copy is AVAILABLE. This can be accessed through the 'Transfer' button on the Bullroarer Launcher.
    • Newest notes are marked in violet

    Bonus Focus:
    Housing Benefits

    • Owners of all houses may create yard and furniture decorations from their Cosmetic Pet Skills
    • Owners of a Premium House in the Rohan Neighborhoods may use Mount Skills to create 'stable' decorations at the specified hooks.
    • Owners of any Premium House can now enjoy an individual Housing chest. When opening this chest players will have a choice of accessing either the shared housing storage of all their homes, or an individual storage unique to that home.

    Preview LOTRO Store

    • New Junk Carry-alls - for all those trophies that can't be used for Tasks!
    • Rohan Housing Set:
      • A bundle of Rohan themed crafting facilities, housing decorations, and tokens to create decorations from your favourite steeds.
      • This bundle contains three Steed Halter decoration creation tokens, a Replica of the Throne of Rohan, two Watchful Seats of Meduseld, a Wooden Watchtower, and Rohirric crafting facilities including a forge, study, workbench, and oven. (Steed halters require a Rohan Hitching Post hook for decoration item creation.)

    Midsummer Festival
    • Quest Toss a Coin will now give Wedding Festival reward rather than Spring Festival.
    • Fireflies will now spawn more quickly and in greater numbers.
    • The House of Lore now has more Wayward Verses, which will all spawn more often.
    • Wedding Supplies quest items will spawn more often and in more places.
    • Made it easier to interact with hungry guards in Minas Tirith.
    • Adjusted locations of beehives near Duillond.
    • Logging out while part way through the Midsummer quest Toss a Coin will no longer cancel the quest.
    • Mithril travel fixed for Midsummer quest Honoring Healers.
    • Ciriel the Pastry Chef should no longer fall through the floor of Minas Tirith (Midsummer)

    Gameplay
    • Aegerch, Daughter of Thossulun missed the first morale reduction her sisters received. Her morale is now also reduced.
    • Fixed a problem where carry-all contents would not be visible after removing the bag from a bank or shared storage.
    • The /loc command has been modified to include the world name.
    • Wenda Cranesbill (VIP Rewards) is now also available at Michel Delving, Celondim, and Thorin's Hall.
    • The Spear of the Storied Past will no longer unequip a shield when equipped and will no longer override the appearance of shields when cosmetically equipped.
    • Floating wall torches have been removed from above the entrance to Kingstead Meadows Neighborhood
    • Several new tracks have been added into Epic Battles and Helm's Deep landscape. Tracks that were previously there remain in the mix, so there's a greater variety of music to hear now.
    • The 'Sinister Black Cloak' has been renamed to 'Sinister Black Robe' and one again equips properly and sorts properly in the auction house as cosmetic for the chest slot rather than as a cloak.
    • Remmorchant - Shelob - Dwindling Amusement's time has been adjusted.
      • Tier 2: 17 Minutes
      • Tier 3: 18 Minutes (Unchanged)
      • Tier 4: 19 Minutes
      • Tier 5: 20 Minutes

    PvMP
    • Warleader's Command Post summoned banner will once again grant buffs to Monster Play characters within range.
    • The following Osgiliath Monster Play quests will once again advance properly: Conquering the Ornendil, Looking for Conflict, The Ornendil Bridge Belongs to Mordor, and The Belegiant Bridge Belongs to Mordor.
    • Monster player inventory, quest, and barter items should no longer have a red border unless they actually cannot be used due to class, rank, or other restrictions.

    Housing
    • Housing quests: Building the Bree Homestead/There's No Place Like Home are now available if you own any type of house.
    • Repaired the Kinship member travel skill.
    • The Flared Hanging Lantern and Ornate Hanging Lantern housing decorations from the Midsummer Festival should now hang at an appropriate height by default when placed in a ceiling hook.
    • Updated examination tooltip for the Travel to Kinship Member's House skill.

    Classes
    Captain
    • Skill "Kick" is now earned at level 20 instead of level 44
    • Skill "Cleanse Corruption" is now granted at level 20 down from level 50
    • Improved Threatening Shout has become Elendil's Roar. It is now granted as a base yellow line skill, with a CD of 60s (it is otherwise functionally the same as ITS).
    • Threatening Shout is now earned via 2nd tier yellow trait that replaces Strong Voice. It is no longer replaced by ITS and can be learned by non-yellow Captains as well.
    • Elendil's Fury no longer grants a taunt effect to BoE, instead it reduces the CD of Elendil's Roar to 30s, and increases its AoE to 10 targets.
    • Updated examination tooltip for Captain skill Noble Mark to reflect the correct interval for personal heals.

    Champion
    • Skill "Clobber" now earned at lvl 20 instead of level 30.
    • Skill "Feral Strikes" is now granted at level 20 down from level 50.
    • Horn of Champions now applies a forced taunt effect on all targets it hits, in addtion to its prior effects.
    • Deafening Horn now increases Horn of Champion's max targets by +2 per point, up to 10 max.

    Lore-master
    • Skills "Blinding Flash" and "Improved Blinding Flash" are now Immediate.
    • Skill "Dispel Corruption" is now granted at level 20 down from level 50. Cooldown reduced from 30s -> 25s.

    Minstrel
    • All versions of skill "Piercing Cry" are now Immediate.
    • Passive Trait "Purify Corruption" is now granted at level 20 down from level 50.

    Rune-keeper
    • Skill "Final Word" is now earned at level 20 instead of level 30.
    • Skills "Final Word" and "Improved Final Word" have had their cooldowns reduced from 30s -> 20s.
    • Skill "Improved Final Word" now removes one corruption from the target.
    • New skill "Speak no Evil" removes corruptions from the target. Granted at level 20.

    Warden
    • New Skill "Shield-slam" granted at lvl 20. This skill is instant, interrupts target inductions, and has a cooldown of 20s.
    • Skills "Reversal" and "Ranged Reversal" now granted at level 20 down from level 50.
    • All warden melee skills range updated to 5.2m
    • Defiant Challenge cooldown increased (20s->30s)
    • Warning Shot cooldown decreased (45s->10s)

    Beorning
    • Skill "Nature's Vengeance" is now granted at level 20 down from level 50.
    • Beornings opening a 'Valar Weapon Pack - 120' will now receive a bow instead of a 1-handed sword.
    • Thunderous Roar base CD reduced to 45s.
    • LI CD reduction reduced to -15s max. (final CD 30s).
    • Tier 5 of Opposing Presence now adds 10s to Biting Edge CD (was 5s).
    • The skill Vicious Claws is now granted at level 20, down from level 40.

    Burglar
    • Skill "Purge Corruption" is now granted at level 20 down from level 50.
    • The Wound effect applied by Enrage->Clever Retort has been rebalanced. It was dealing far too much damage due to a combination of modifiers it shouldn't have been benefitting from, and had too large a base effect multiplier. The effect has also been renamed to 'Malicious Wound', for easier identification.

    Guardian
    • Skill "Improved Sting" is now granted at level 20 down from level 50.
    • Challenge cooldown is now reduced by Bellow trait (60->50/45/40/35/30).
    • Challenge Set CD bonus reduced to -6s.

    Hunter
    • Skill "Blindside" is now a ranged Immediate skill with a single attack hook. Cooldown increased to 18s.
    • Skill "Blood Arrow" is now available at level 20 down from level 50.
    • Skill "Blood Arrow" now removes corruptions.
    • Skill "Merciful Shot" no longer removes corruptions.
    • Forcing Hunters to enter melee combat in order to use their Interrupt skill isn't something we wanted to continue doing.

    Bug Fixes
    • Various trees are no longer growing in the middle of bolders in southern Ered Luin
    • Various spawns in a section of the Bonevales will no longer occur under ground
    • Terrain seam in the Redhorn Gate has been fixed
    • Floating debris in Gorthad has been removed
    • Fixed a typo in the quest All Fired Up.
    • Removed the custom appearance settings from the Dimril Dale stable-master so that he no longer looks like an escapee from the Foundations of Stone
    Last edited by Kehleyr_SSG; Jul 31 2020 at 11:31 AM.
    Quality Assurance Team Lead
    The Lord of the Rings Online
    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us." -Gandalf

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    281
    Quote Originally Posted by Kehleyr_SSG View Post
    Horn of Champions now applies a forced taunt effect on all targets it hits, in addtion to its prior effects.
    This is simply beautiful, well done! Also, rip to Yellow/Red Champs using it for debuffing purposes XD
    Should do that only when in Martial.
    Last edited by Angbohr; Jul 16 2020 at 03:36 PM.
    Arenaan | 50 Champion (SB 2007) Ulderich | 60 Champion (SB 2008) Ulderich II | 60 Champion (Eldar 2008) Caeinwyn | 65 Champion (Eldar 2008-2011)
    Angbohr V | 115 Champion (EN 2012-2017) Revenang and Hateful | 95 Champions (Anor) Angbohr VII | 130 Champion (Ark)

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,106
    THANK YOU for finally addressing the Hunter Ranged Interrupt and Corruption issues. FINALLY!

    And yay for guardians getting 30s challenge back! Need more help for guards still...

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by ChromiteSwiftpaw View Post
    THANK YOU for finally addressing the Hunter Ranged Interrupt and Corruption issues. FINALLY!

    And yay for guardians getting 30s challenge back! Need more help for guards still...
    I really don't understand this change. Guardian already has excellent AoE threat generation, and is currently the best AoE tank. Although it is a welcome CD reduction they TOTALLY failed to address the actual issues with the class.

    Captain is still miles ahead of any tank for T2+ content.
    Hurth, Warden
    Barst, Guardian
    Xiox, Reaver

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Kehleyr_SSG View Post
    [*]Horn of Champions now applies a forced taunt effect on all targets it hits, in addition to its prior effects.
    Great change, IF, and ONLY IF it applies when spec-ed blue. Otherwise it would take away a little bit of utility of red/yellow.

  6. #6
    can you do something about champions almost having perma sprint with the unimbued swappy? tyvm
    champion,RK,warg,defiler,rvr.
    RIP lotro pvp.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    753
    Quote Originally Posted by Kehleyr_SSG View Post

    • Improved Threatening Shout has become Elendil's Roar. It is now granted as a base yellow line skill, with a CD of 60s (it is otherwise functionally the same as ITS).
    • Threatening Shout is now earned via 2nd tier yellow trait that replaces Strong Voice. It is no longer replaced by ITS and can be learned by non-yellow Captains as well.
    • Elendil's Fury no longer grants a taunt effect to BoE, instead it reduces the CD of Elendil's Roar to 30s, and increases its AoE to 10 targets.
    I totally agree with increasing the AoE taunt cd of yellow cappies (15s>30s). But 10 targets is way too much. Captain tanks are not meant to be AoE tanks at all. They have always been support tanks and later became ST/low target tanks. We already got 4 AoE tanks: Champ,Guardian,Warden,Beorning . We dont need more. Making captains AoE tanks would just further increase the massive gap between cappies and other tank classes. Change the max targets back to 6. And honestly i would rather have BoE taunt than 2 long distance taunts. That's way too OP.


    Quote Originally Posted by Kehleyr_SSG View Post
    • Horn of Champions now applies a forced taunt effect on all targets it hits, in addtion to its prior effects.
    • Deafening Horn now increases Horn of Champion's max targets by +2 per point, up to 10 max.
    This change is horrible. You guys had the right idea, champion tanks struggle with aggro but that should have been fixed by reducing the TWO MINUTE AoE taunt. Now yellow and red champs cannot trait this utility anymore. Either make this a blue line only taunt OR remove this alltogether and reduce the actual AoE taunt of champs.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kehleyr_SSG View Post
    • Thunderous Roar base CD reduced to 45s.
    • LI CD reduction reduced to -15s max. (final CD 30s).
    • Tier 5 of Opposing Presence now adds 10s to Biting Edge CD (was 5s).
    DON'T REDUCE THUNDEROUS ROAR CD
    The biting edge cd increase is good but thunderous roar on a 30s cd? That's the most ridiculous thing ever. Beornings are the best aggro tanks in the game and now you're reducing an infinite target taunt to 30secs? it should stay at 1m15 (without legacy). Seriously do not apply this change to live servers. An infinite target taunt on 30secs! Not only that... but they literally give this to the tank who is already the best at aggro to begin with... what in the world is this change.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kehleyr_SSG View Post
    • Challenge cooldown is now reduced by Bellow trait (60->50/45/40/35/30).
    Challenge should have been reduced to 45s. 30s is way too fast and just promotes afk tanking.
    But most importantly: this change will not fix guards at all. Guardians will still be total garbage. But this is just an overall small changes update to all classes so i guess this is not meant to be the guardian update lol.




    Reducing AoE taunt cd's is horrible. This should not have happened except for a slight reduction to Guardian's challenge and Champ's AoE taunt. The reason why this is bad is because you are now pretty much promoting afk aoe tanking. The whole aggro management system was already destroyed a long time ago and aggro became too easy but now this cd reduction on most tanks? That's too far. Aggro should return to be an actual mechanic to deal with. Ohwell 27,2 will bring us afk tanking from now on. Can't wait to spam my AoE taunt every few skills or something.....

    This is how the AoE taunt cd's should look like:

    Guardian: 45s
    Captain: 30s
    Warden: 20s
    Champ: 45s
    Beorning: 1m15 (without legacy)

    Lowering them any further will completely destroy the aggro-ing balance and make it an afk tanking fest.
    Last edited by HolyDuckTape; Jul 17 2020 at 02:42 PM.

  8. #8
    I like almost all of these changes, particularly the hunter, warden, and cappy changes. I'm inclined to agree about keeping captain AoE targets less than 10 though--they need to be the worst at something. Edit: and good idea on the champ horn, but blue line only.
    Last edited by Omen_Kaizer; Jul 16 2020 at 04:57 PM.
    Argendauss, Captain
    Rechart, Warden
    Hrodgart, Beorning
    Gunnart, Guardian

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    2,031
    Quote Originally Posted by HolyDuckTape View Post
    .....
    From the changes, you can very easily see their aim here, which is to give every tank a 30s 10-target AoE taunt, which, there is nothing wrong with in my opinion, a nice QoL change tbh. The champion one needs revised implementation though, by making it a taunt ONLY in blue line.

  10. #10
    i feel like this isnt a change captains needed... they are also stupidly strong in just about every roll
    Lugbur

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    753
    Quote Originally Posted by Hephburz-2 View Post
    From the changes, you can very easily see their aim here, which is to give every tank a 30s 10-target AoE taunt, which, there is nothing wrong with in my opinion, a nice QoL change tbh.
    Yeah it's a nice QoL to afk tank indeed but it's not how the game should play, Aggro should be something a tank has to deal with in smart ways not by afk spamming one skill. Giving every tank an AoE taunt with a minimum of 10 targets every 30secs is just ridiculous. It totally destroys any remnants left of having an aggro mechanic in the game. Now you don't have to worry about AoE aggro at all anymore, feel free to spam it on any class. It's the same reason why they even increased the CD of guardian's challenge from (30s>1m). Because challenge was just way too spammable. It's beyond me why they would even bring back this issue when they have learned from it in the past and now put this issue on all the tanks lol. Captain and warden are the only ones acceptable to have a 20-30s cd due to their low/slow threat generation.
    Last edited by HolyDuckTape; Jul 16 2020 at 05:06 PM.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    2,031
    Quote Originally Posted by HolyDuckTape View Post
    Yeah it's a nice QoL to afk tank indeed but it's not how the game should play, Aggro should be something a tank has to deal with in smart ways not by afk spamming one skill. Giving every tank an AoE taunt with a minimum of 10 targets every 30secs is just ridiculous. It totally destroys any remnants left of having an aggro mechanic in the game. Now you don't have to worry about AoE aggro at all anymore, feel free to spam it on any class. It's the same reason why they even increased the CD of guardian's challenge from (30s>1m). Because challenge was just way too spammable.
    And "aggro" has not been a legitimate mechanic since the threat revamp at 95, so it's a moot point, force taunts are the way forward for threat/aggro in this game, sorry to say.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    327
    Quote Originally Posted by Omen_Kaizer View Post
    I like almost all of these changes, particularly the hunter, warden, and cappy changes. I'm inclined to agree about keeping captain AoE targets less than 10 though--they need to be the worst at something. Edit: and good idea on the champ horn, but blue line only.
    They are the worst DPS in tank spec, for what it's worth? Not that the others do particularly much to make up for the insane utility tanks captains bring.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    753
    Quote Originally Posted by Hephburz-2 View Post
    And "aggro" has not been a legitimate mechanic since the threat revamp at 95, so it's a moot point, force taunts are the way forward for threat/aggro in this game, sorry to say.
    Yeah aggro has already been a dead mechanic for a long time Sadly, but having a 1min AoE taunt made you atleast think about the right moment to use it. 30 secs just abandons that completely and removes any little thought about aggro that was left in the game.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by HolyDuckTape View Post
    Yeah it's a nice QoL to afk tank indeed but it's not how the game should play, Aggro should be something a tank has to deal with in smart ways not by afk spamming one skill. Giving every tank an AoE taunt with a minimum of 10 targets every 30secs is just ridiculous. It totally destroys any remnants left of having an aggro mechanic in the game. Now you don't have to worry about AoE aggro at all anymore, feel free to spam it on any class. It's the same reason why they even increased the CD of guardian's challenge from (30s>1m). Because challenge was just way too spammable. It's beyond me why they would even bring back this issue when they have learned from it in the past and now put this issue on all the tanks lol. Captain and warden are the only ones acceptable to have a 20-30s cd due to their low/slow threat generation.
    I thinking they make it not because current content have problems with agro, but more like they prepearing something in next update/instance/raid. Also you don't need see this changes from point of view raiding kins who have elite players and farm T3-T5 rem bosses. Many PUGs and newbie raids have problems with agro.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    71
    Quote Originally Posted by laughatdo0m View Post
    They are the worst DPS in tank spec, for what it's worth? Not that the others do particularly much to make up for the insane utility tanks captains bring.
    as if tank dps ever mattered lololololol

    if you are already going down that nonsensical road, they bring by far the most healing of all the tanks so whats your point?

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    71
    Quote Originally Posted by Elmagor View Post
    I thinking they make it not because current content have problems with agro, but more like they prepearing something in next update/instance/raid. Also you don't need see this changes from point of view raiding kins who have elite players and farm T3-T5 rem bosses. Many PUGs and newbie raids have problems with agro.
    people should how to play then rather than adjust the classes for imaginary scenarios but this was already rebutted in another post

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    540
    Quote Originally Posted by Kehleyr_SSG View Post
    Classes

    Guardian

    • Skill "Improved Sting" is now granted at level 20 down from level 50.
    • Challenge cooldown is now reduced by Bellow trait (60->50/45/40/35/30).
    • Challenge Set CD bonus reduced to -6s.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by HotStuffs View Post
    people should how to play then rather than adjust the classes for imaginary scenarios but this was already rebutted in another post
    No. Many players don't learn how play, and you need spend a lot of time to beat this knowledge into their head. If they change some agro skills from one tank, it's fair to look into all agro skills from all tanks. Same for corruption removing skills.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by HotStuffs View Post
    as if tank dps ever mattered lololololol

    if you are already going down that nonsensical road, they bring by far the most healing of all the tanks so whats your point?
    Thats aggressive. He caveated that sufficiently enough for us to know it was just a small detail and not some big rebuttal.
    Argendauss, Captain
    Rechart, Warden
    Hrodgart, Beorning
    Gunnart, Guardian

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    281
    Quote Originally Posted by zaboch View Post
    I can't but completely agree lol, let's hope this is just the aperitif preceeding a real update.
    Guards need to be Guards again.
    Arenaan | 50 Champion (SB 2007) Ulderich | 60 Champion (SB 2008) Ulderich II | 60 Champion (Eldar 2008) Caeinwyn | 65 Champion (Eldar 2008-2011)
    Angbohr V | 115 Champion (EN 2012-2017) Revenang and Hateful | 95 Champions (Anor) Angbohr VII | 130 Champion (Ark)

  22. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Kehleyr_SSG View Post
    Lore-master

    • Skills "Blinding Flash" and "Improved Blinding Flash" are now Immediate.
    • Please make 'Blinding Flash' usable while moving and we deal. Currently if you interrupt the previous skill animation with 'Blinding Flash' you still can't move due to its animation.
      Also please set 'Blinding Flash daze effect application as immediate.
    Arkenstone

  23. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Angbohr View Post
    I can't but completely agree lol, let's hope this is just the aperitif preceeding a real update.
    Guards need to be Guards again.
    I sure it have nothing from specific guardian revamp. More like they come up with some ideas for ALL classes and working according with that plan

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    327
    Quote Originally Posted by HotStuffs View Post
    as if tank dps ever mattered lololololol

    if you are already going down that nonsensical road, they bring by far the most healing of all the tanks so whats your point?
    They said captains need to be worst at something. I provided something they are the worst at. I agree it doesn't bridge the gap between captains and other tanks considering the difference in damage is still about 1/10th the total DPS a true DPS-specced class would do (and captain's incredibly healing abilities allow you to play with extra DPS classes you wouldn't normally be able to use, such as in Shadow King T5 runs using 2dps). But it is an entirely logical counter-arguments to the statement that captain tanks are best at every possible thing.
    Last edited by laughatdo0m; Jul 16 2020 at 06:16 PM.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    281
    Quote Originally Posted by laughatdo0m View Post
    The person said captains need to be worst at something. I provided something they are the worst at. I agree it doesn't bridge the gap between captains and other tanks considering the difference in damage is still about 1/10th the total DPS a true DPS-specced class would do. But it is an entirely logical counter-arguments to the statement that captain tanks are best at every possible thing.
    Uhm, no. I come in peace, but as a counter-argument, that just doesn't work. Tanking is about survivability, reactivity and threat generation. If a Fellowhip/Raid is losing some DPS race "because the tank wasn't dealing enough DPS" then well.... come on
    Arenaan | 50 Champion (SB 2007) Ulderich | 60 Champion (SB 2008) Ulderich II | 60 Champion (Eldar 2008) Caeinwyn | 65 Champion (Eldar 2008-2011)
    Angbohr V | 115 Champion (EN 2012-2017) Revenang and Hateful | 95 Champions (Anor) Angbohr VII | 130 Champion (Ark)

 

 
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload