We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Advanced redline captain rotation

I'll do a very quick guide on how you should be able to rotate through redline in PvE/PvMP situations.

It's taken that you do understand the basics of battle-states and your own buffs.

The rotations differ a lot due to circumstances. E.g. when your opponent (may that be NPC or creep) is low, you will prioritize burst over damage over time. When Master of War does not proc, your rotation changes, due to Elendil it's incredibly high crit chance (approx 35-40%).

basically, we want a rotation that can continue permanently, a never-ending loop. This is entirely possible and up to you whether you want to tighten it further or leave some space in for buffing in the future time. This requires that you observe your own cooldowns on buffs and refreshment of buffs a lot. I heavily recommend to relly on buffbars for this aswell. Blue nor Redline are NOT easy at all, due to the great demand for energy and thinking in the rotations.

People who think that playing a captain WITH all the rotations is easy to do have no idea... no idea.. at all.. Sometimes, it frustrates me how people, raid leaders etc stress a captain, because they think he literally has to press 4 buttons.
    Yes, this is true to a captain who just started out in the class, but to experienced captains, you should always respect them.

If you as a raid leader decide to call a captain his cooldowns, know that the captain might know it better than you.
    Experienced captains have tons of ideas on how to control a fight, come up with solutions. But sometimes do not speak out to the lead in the raid, afraid of the turndown or making a raid leader feel uncomfortable. I heavily recommend experienced captains to speak out their ideas.

Anyway, moving on the rotation.

The use of sure-strike and prebuff rotation.

Sure-strike is perhaps one of your most important skills, it allows you to control how tight you want your rotation to be.
    Sure-strike should only be used inside Elendils rotation if you see that one of your tactic buffs is about to run out. Refresh it before you enter Shadow's Lament rotation, as time cannot be wasted during that part.

Use sure strike about 1-3(4) times inside the Elendil's rotation, depending on how tight you want it to be.

It is important to understand that when you leave Shadow's lament rotation, that one of your most important damage buffs still runs. When Battle-Shout is already off cooldown, it allows you to use grave wound WITH cutting edge in both states after SL it's rotation.

An example:

Note:

• Routing cry -> grave wound can be swapped, but in your spin up on the very first rotation at the start, you use routing cry first to buff nearby fellows.
    • Kick is useful for cutting Elendil's animation, but SHOULD not be cut if the fight involves heavily around interruptions.
    • I'd like to start up with Time of Need, but this is entirely up to your personal preference.
    • In case of multiple targets, it's recommended to use Pressing attack over devastating blow unless one of the target is already low and ticking with a bleed, switch to the second target with high health and use devastating blow. (in case of 2/3 targets e.g. 2 low 1 high.)
    • Sometimes, sure-strike can still be used in readied-state after Elendil was used. (depending on the timing) If so, use in readied-state to gain 40% more dmg over your sure-strike.

Shadows Lament rotation

SL it's rotation is very simple, but changes in damage depending on our previous rotation. In some cases, you can use Battle-Shout again after you went through the pre-buff rotation.

If your target is low, or you're in a rush against time, you may execute SL with the base +60% crit magnitude (30 from cutting edge, 30 from hardened-state) and the bonus damage of 40% from your readied-state.

If we were to count up the amplification of SL with all that we could have at that moment:

• Telling mark
    • Time Of Need
    • Brother call
    • To Arms
    • Relentless
    • Retaliation
    • Tactic buffs
    • Oathbreaker's Shame
    • Herald's Rend
    • Reversal
    • Herald of War
    • Standard of War (equip)
    • Standard of War (trait)
    • Cutting Edge
    • Hardened-State
    • Battle-Readied state
    • Led the charge
    • Elendil's Boon

The damage amplification lies around 190%+ for SL and Devastating blow and everything within those 7 seconds from Cutting Edge.

SL and Devastating blow together in the current (U25.3.3) could hit over 1.5 million damage in those 2 skills. Yes, we can hit harder than RKs or burglars for a split second, but the amount of effort and buildup that goes into this, will consume most of your time.

Cutting Edge is a buff that procs from using Cutting attack. If you did the previous rotation correct, you can do the following skills exactly within that time-frame of the buff:

and the rotation restarts again.

The failure to proc Master of War

If Master of war were to fail to proc at both Inspire or Shadow's Lament, the rotation changes. We want to benefit as much as we can from the critical magnitude we gained.

Since Elendil has a base crit chance of about 75%, the following rotation will be given:

The reason that we do not follow the other rotation is because Devastating blow becomes a gamble skill. There nothing that ensures that this skill will crit. Hence we go for Elendil instead followed by a gamble.

For this reason, @VASTIN needs to enlist Elendil into our light-type damage legacy and traits, as it is still unaffected by light-type damage modifications.

Clarification

I found that people do not understand something around my topic, they read either just the rotations without reading what I am saying.

The rotation for using Elendil before deva blow given here above is to deal with inconsistency, if MoW completely fails, its better to have 1/2 crit than sacrificing your devastating blow and actually failing to crit that one aswell.
    So you can come scream to me that devastating blow does more dmg (this is very true), but without MoW, Devastating blow is just a gamble skill. Meaning that if you sacrifice Elendil and devastating blow does not crit, you'll fail 2/2. Becuase critting 1/2 is always better than failing 2/2. This has nothing to do with how big your numbers are on skills, this has to do with inconsistency and the number of skills you have at your disposal(which is not enough.)

I really hope this does clarify it for a lot of people. But it's as I said, this is an advanced rotation, you need the basic knowledge down inorder to understand this part.

If I missed something, I'll enlist this later. As I currently think I am finished, but maybe I did skip over something. Most of what I do is pure muscle memory at this point.
    Last edited by Zaheer; Feb 04 2022 at 05:36 PM.
    WhiteGoliath

You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaheer View Post
    People who think that playing a captain WITH all the rotations is easy to do have no idea... no idea.. at all.. Sometimes, it frustrates me how people, raid leaders etc stress a captain, because they think he literally has to press 4 buttons.
    Yes, this is true to a captain who just started out in the class, but to experienced captains, you should always respect them.

If you as a raid leader decide to call a captain his cooldowns, know that the captain might know it better than you.
    Experienced captains have tons of ideas on how to control a fight, come up with solutions. But sometimes do not speak out to the lead in the raid, afraid of the turndown or making a raid leader feel uncomfortable. I heavily recommend experienced captains to speak out their ideas
    ^This. So very much this.

The way you keep both states up, and push so much dmg into burst, really makes me want to get back into PvP.
    Last edited by Armitas; Feb 19 2020 at 02:41 PM.

Thank you so much. Now I need to practice this for s long time. Can you please ro a tanking skill rotation guide please?

There is 2 rotations. Proper, and key mashing one. Yours look like second one to me.
    And advanced ? Dont use words like advanced, hardcore, skillcaped, challenging, while speak about lotro.
    Its a dress up. RP fest, and thats why we love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pavlin View Post
    There is 2 rotations. Proper, and key mashing one. Yours look like second one to me.
    And advanced ? Dont use words like advanced, hardcore, skillcaped, challenging, while speak about lotro.
    What is the "proper" rotation?

Quote Originally Posted by Pavlin View Post
    I call it advanced since you've to understand everything you do regarding this rotation. The rotation is heavily influenced by circumstances so you've to at least understand what to pull of under what circumstances. The rotations given here are meant for ST long term DPS.

If Burst is required in a small time frame, the rotation completely changes, same if your target is low on morale. You've got the option to sacrifice Damage over time (skill-based) for more burst.

If I have to name all different rotations, then we will have more than 5 which makes this topic very extensive for no reason, as I take it that you already understand the class mechanics well enough to figure it out yourself.

There are also options on gambling, but this is bad from my pov. But perhaps worth it within small time frames.

My rotation is proper and not a key mashing one. Everything you do within this rotation influences the other skill. The rotation is meant as an entire buildup towards the redline capstone, that being Shadow's Lament w/ a MoW proc.
    It also offers the best DoT through grave wound, since grave wound is affected by the cutting edge buff. Which adds up with the DoT the longer you DPS. This rotation would not pay off so much in fights that are quick, I would recommend a different one for quicker fights.

With all skills properly used and even banner being executed properly, the DPS will start building up to a good sustainable amount in about 4 minutes within the fight.
    It's important that you execute all skills properly within the order, that goes for ALL skills.

So if you got banner available with to arms, you first pop to-arms, followed by banner WHILE being both hardened and readied state to max out the dmg output.

With this rotation, I myself use 3 emblems, 3 LI weapons
    The DPS part consists of 2 weapons, 2 emblems, the other are healing weapon and emblem.
    then I got some other swappies for fear resist to avoid the bug on to arms and a few other things.

simplified from what I just told you, the rotation is NOT fixed and changes depending on crit and circumstances.
    Last edited by Zaheer; Mar 17 2020 at 06:01 PM.
    WhiteGoliath

You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.

I call it advanced since you've to understand everything you do regarding this rotation. The rotation is heavily influenced by circumstances so you've to at least understand what to pull of under what circumstances. The rotations given here are meant for ST long term DPS.

If Burst is required in a small time frame, the rotation completely changes, same if your target is low on morale. You've got the option to sacrifice Damage over time (skill-based) for more burst.

If I have to name all different rotations, then we will have more than 5 which makes this topic very extensive for no reason, as I take it that you already understand the class mechanics well enough to figure it out yourself.

There are also options on gambling, but this is bad from my pov. But perhaps worth it within small time frames.

My rotation is proper and not a key mashing one. Everything you do within this rotation influences the other skill. The rotation is meant as an entire buildup towards the redline capstone, that being Shadow's Lament w/ a MoW proc.
    It also offers the best DoT through grave wound, since grave wound is affected by the cutting edge buff. Which adds up with the DoT the longer you DPS. This rotation would not pay off so much in fights that are quick, I would recommend a different one for quicker fights.

With all skills properly used and even banner being executed properly, the DPS will start building up to a good sustainable amount in about 4 minutes within the fight.
    It's important that you execute all skills properly within the order, that goes for ALL skills.

So if you got banner available with to arms, you first pop to-arms, followed by banner WHILE being both hardened and readied state to max out the dmg output.

With this rotation, I myself use 3 emblems, 3 LI weapons
    The DPS part consists of 2 weapons, 2 emblems, the other are healing weapon and emblem.
    then I got some other swappies for fear resist to avoid the bug on to arms and a few other things.

simplified from what I just told you, the rotation is NOT fixed and changes depending on crit and circumstances.

Please elaborate your weapon swapping if possible.
    I only swap emblems to buff time of need and my bleed pulses.

I'm assuming you are swapping based on routing cry with light dmg and routing cry dmg legacy?
    Aernur - Captain Main, Inaethir - Lore-master, Inathir - Rune-keeper, Aerdar- Hunter, Phatso - Burglar, Phatsam- Minstrel

The failure to proc Master of War

If Master of war were to fail to proc at both Inspire or Shadow's Lament, the rotation changes. We want to benefit as much as we can from the critical magnitude we gained.

Since Elendil has a base crit chance of about 75%, the following rotation will be given:

The reason that we do not follow the other rotation is because Devastating blow becomes a gamble skill. There nothing that ensures that this skill will crit. Hence we go for Elendil instead followed by a gamble.
    Oh god, no.

Unless you for some unknown reason use BoE damage legacy, this is just so wrong. Even with just a chance at a crit (which is upwards of 45% at times) it works out mathematically better to use DB in all scenarios over BoE because BoE's damage is just so poor even on a crit/dev, if it doesn't it's auto-attack levels of damage. Cleanse Corruption literally hits harder lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Ethrildar View Post
    Oh god, no.

Unless you for some unknown reason use BoE damage legacy, this is just so wrong. Even with just a chance at a crit (which is upwards of 45% at times) it works out mathematically better to use DB in all scenarios over BoE because BoE's damage is just so poor even on a crit/dev, if it doesn't it's auto-attack levels of damage. Cleanse Corruption literally hits harder lol.

This is mainly due to the fact neither BoE damage or Light damage legacy affect BoE, unless they've changed it. Even if BoE crits it still will barely if at all out damage an average Dev Blow non-crit, like Ethrildar says its basically always better to use Dev Blow over BoE.

Once again another +1 to Ethrildar in general

how much behind is cpt's dps compared to dps classes?

for example ive seen geared wardens do 200k dps on a dummy.
    What about a geared cpt?Have you tested it?

Oh god, no.

Quote Originally Posted by ydoc View Post
    This is mainly due to the fact neither BoE damage or Light damage legacy affect BoE, unless they've changed it. Even if BoE crits it still will barely if at all out damage an average Dev Blow non-crit, like Ethrildar says its basically always better to use Dev Blow over BoE.

Once again another +1 to Ethrildar in general

Since some of u nabs actually think I was talking WITH MoW, then read the topic again. The suggestion given by my for using Elendil is all because of Master of War not proccing.

Some dude below actually believed you should use elendil with a MoW proc and tried to turn that argument against me kek :P

ST scenario

No, the blade of elendil damage works and you can cut it's animation instantly which gives you quick access to BoE.

I've worked out the mathematics around it, st you want to go BoE > Deva blow

the reason is very simple, Elendil has a higher crit chance and if ur MoW failed, u still got the cutting edge running. This goes hand in hand with BoE, the legacy also affects the damage of BoE, but the light-type one not.

Also, the overall DPS output will always be higher because you cannot say me that you've got more DPS by sacrificing an elendil and having to sacrifice the dmg somwhere else.

The only way I can see you make up for that is by using sure strike more often kek

My point is, sacrificing Elendil is optional but it's a gamble, you also sacrifice another skill which avoids you getting into that gap. You want to be doing as much skills as you can and you do not sacrifice elendil. If you do sacrifice elendil, you'll get in a rotational gap because you simply ran out of skills, which is worse IMO.

I used to do the same, sacrificing elendil for more dmg on my devastating blow. But really, with the amount of elendil critting for like 100k+ follows by a gamble skill makes up more than enough.

Lets say u were to crit and sacrifice elendil with deva blow, you would get another 30% crit magnitude ontop of it. GG you crit for like 80k more.

Now if you use elendil, you have a more likeness to crit which helps with the crit magnitude thats up. Which is an easy 130k dmg. Then you follow by deva blow WHICH should be lower than the one you could use if you sacrificed elendil.

2 scenarios:

1. dev blow crits, ur overall output out of those 2 skills is a good amount compared to deva blow + sacrificed elendil.

2. Dev blow does not crit, which lowers the amount of dmg quite a bit.

Thing is, if you sacrificed elendil there and you did not crit, you basically wasted one whole fkin buildup rotation for nothing. You got crit magintude running of 60%, you're not gonna gamble with that, that's just stupid.

I rather choose a higher overall DPS output than gambling on a sacrificed elendil which btw makes you run out of skills aswell lul

failing MoW fks ur dps

failing an elendil sacrifice for Deva blow fks ur dps even more + the fact ur running out of skills soon after that

using crit elendil with crit magni bonus + deva blow = higher dmg than failing a gamble with the sacrifice of elendil (cuz elendil almost always crits)

Though, in a perfect world, would devastating blow crit + sacrifice of elendil outweight a full crit elendil and deva blow? yes, they would, but you're taking far higher risks imo for a slightly bit more burst.

I rather have more sustained dps over major burst which higher risks of failure and waste. The devastating blow over an elendil would only be more useful in situations where burst is required.

also.

BoE is only unaffected by the light-type dmg legacy, the elendil legacy works.

in AOE scenarios:

it works different for AOE though.
    I worked out the following:

If we would sacrifice elendil for pressing attack:

[03/19 03:22:25 AM] [To Fellowship] [03/19 03:22:09 AM] Zaheer scored a critical hit with Pressing Attack on the DPS target dummy for 30,527 Beleriand damage to Morale.
    [03/19 03:22:37 AM] [To Fellowship] [03/19 03:22:08 AM] Zaheer scored a critical hit with Pressing Attack on the DPS target dummy for 60,520 Beleriand damage to Morale.

x target numbers if 100% crit

1. = 90k dmg
    2. = 180k dmg
    3. = 270k dmg
    4. = 360k dmg
    5. = 450k dmg

Now we use Elendil before it and then use pressing attack:

[03/19 03:43:42 AM] Zaheer scored a critical hit with Pressing Attack on the DPS target dummy for 47,412 Beleriand damage to Morale.
    [03/19 03:43:43 AM] Zaheer scored a critical hit with Pressing Attack on the DPS target dummy for 28,502 Beleriand damage to Morale.

[03/19 03:19:45 AM] Zaheer scored a critical hit with Improved Blade of Elendil on the DPS target dummy for 64,312 Light damage to Moral
    x target numbers if 100% crit

1. 75k dmg
    2. 150k dmg
    3. 225k dmg
    4. 300k dmg
    5. 375k dmg

+ elendil 64k dmg

So if we were to say that you would crit everything and have these 2 options available to you on 5 targets, the following would come out of that:

5x targets:
    if I use elendil > pressing = 375k + 64k = 439k
    If I sacrifice Elendil with pressing attack = 450k

With 4x targets:
    Elendil > pressing = 300k + 64k = 364k
    Sacrifice Elendil = 4x = 360k

Now to finish of why elendil is better because

• You fill another skill into your rotation, which helps with avoiding the gap
    • This is no ideal world, so the likeness of gaining a crit on all targets is less likely to happen. Which means that with the chance of elendil having a crit, using elendil would gain you more damage because it is more likely to have a crit chance. If you crit 4 out of 5 targets, your damage is already lower than elendil crit + 4 out of 5 targets crit.

So you cannot tell me I am wrong if the focus is a long duration of DPS without taking in effects of burst requirements with this topic.

Now if we were talking pure theory and ideal conditions, then I would have been wrong
    Last edited by Zaheer; Apr 24 2020 at 12:14 PM.
    WhiteGoliath

So you cannot tell me I am wrong if the focus is a long duration of DPS without taking in effects of burst requirements with this topic.
    You saying this after talking about using BoE over Pressing for the purpose that it has a higher base Crit chance(aka risk aka burst) is quite funny and kinda nulls your entire point.
    There is no sacrificing anything, If MoW is up I would 100% rather use on PA on a single target than waste in on BoE, but in a perfect world it would always go to DB or SL.

The Captain is a Burst DPS, Cappy will always have huge spikes and theres nothing you can do to change that, trying to change it is futile.

Since Elendil has a base crit chance of about 75%

Even with just a chance at a crit (which is upwards of 45% at times)
    Which is it and why?

Quote Originally Posted by ydoc View Post
    You saying this after talking about using BoE over Pressing for the purpose that it has a higher base Crit chance(aka risk aka burst) is quite funny and kinda nulls your entire point.
    There is no sacrificing anything, If MoW is up I would 100% rather use on PA on a single target than waste in on BoE, but in a perfect world it would always go to DB or SL.

The Captain is a Burst DPS, Cappy will always have huge spikes and theres nothing you can do to change that, trying to change it is futile.
    You seem not to understand it at all, I was only talking in the perspective of master of war not being there at all :P

Im sorry my dude, but you cannot say me that what I just told you is wrong.

If you did actually read why you put BoE over sacrifice for Deva blow, you would have known, but instead you try to argue now that Im wrong because I did not count in MoW (WHILE I CLEARLY stated that MoW is left out here because it does not proc), it fails to proc, the rotation changes if it fails to proc, ya understand?

If master of war procs, then there's a different rotation given. You seem to lack the understanding that your rotation changes depending on procs of certain buffs.

ah yes
    I think both you nabs missed that part

now get out of the topic, you're clogging it.

If you wish to continue the discussion, I'll happily do that in discord. I'm sure you can hook me up in the progress discord or somewhere else.

But yes, if we were talking about MoW proccing, ofc the rotation is gonna be different, if you actually bothered to read my topic more carefully instead of coming here to argue without even knowing about what you talk.

Quote Originally Posted by mrfigglesworth View Post
    Which is it and why?

We assume that when ur capped on crit, you're counting up the 45% of the skill + the amount you have from stats

this brings you around 75% crit chance for elendil.
    Last edited by Zaheer; Apr 24 2020 at 12:31 PM.
    WhiteGoliath

We assume that when ur capped on crit, you're counting up the 45% of the skill + the amount you have from stats

this brings you around 75% crit chance for elendil.

So the numbers I can reciprocate: 25% from stats, 4% from "arterial strikes", 5% from "react to battle", 5% from banner (only half the time, so 2.5% average), 5% from trigger essence (only 1/3 the time so 1.7% avg),

and so 25 + 4 +5 + 2.5 + 1.7 = 38%. Is there something I"m missing?

Are you saying that the "Deal an attach that does light damage with an increased crit chance" means 40% higher crit chance for blade of elendil? This is from testing? or is it in a description somewhere?

So the numbers I can reciprocate: 25% from stats, 4% from "arterial strikes", 5% from "react to battle", 5% from banner (only half the time, so 2.5% average), 5% from trigger essence (only 1/3 the time so 1.7% avg),

and so 25 + 4 +5 + 2.5 + 1.7 = 38%. Is there something I"m missing?

Are you saying that the "Deal an attach that does light damage with an increased crit chance" means 40% higher crit chance for blade of elendil? This is from testing? or is it in a description somewhere?
    firstly, there's no such thing as ''half of the time'' We're not talking about how it would be effective in combat because then we're forced to take a lot more contributing factors in.

But all with all, I tested it about 3 years ago. I noticed my Elendil did crit quite a lot and after checking things up I noticed through the description that this skill was passively boosted over others.

The amount of crit chance is hidden and players cannot find it unless they test it.

So this is the description of the skill, it did not tell me how much %. But we can ofc find that out. So after some extensive testing, I found that the passive boost of crit chance on that skill lies between 40-45%.

Then I started adding in the gear, which was another 25%+4% from arterial strikes and there ya have it. 74%+ crit chance on Elendil.
    WhiteGoliath

firstly, there's no such thing as ''half of the time'' We're not talking about how it would be effective in combat because then we're forced to take a lot more contributing factors in.

But all with all, I tested it about 3 years ago. I noticed my Elendil did crit quite a lot and after checking things up I noticed through the description that this skill was passively boosted over others.

The amount of crit chance is hidden and players cannot find it unless they test it.

So this is the description of the skill, it did not tell me how much %. But we can ofc find that out. So after some extensive testing, I found that the passive boost of crit chance on that skill lies between 40-45%.

Then I started adding in the gear, which was another 25%+4% from arterial strikes and there ya have it. 74%+ crit chance on Elendil.
    I dont see why we can't take into account buffs from triggers and banners since we can assume it on ourselves always in any scenario as it is part of our kit. We will gain 1-2 crits out of 100 from trigger essences, and 2-3 crits out of 100 from banner. But it IS important to recognize what values we're assigning to the numbers we're throwing around, which is why I listed them out for common ground. Now I know you're NOT taking these things into consideration with your numbers.

Back to the point, I tested it with my cappy who has 15% crit from character journal which doesnt include the 5% from the 1st line trait. It crit about 21% of the time over about 5 minutes. I did nothing but keep relentless up, no other buffs. No trigger essence, no banner, nothing. I'm wondering why there is such a large difference in what i'm getting and what you saw 3 years ago when testing?

I dont see why we can't take into account buffs from triggers and banners since we can assume it on ourselves always in any scenario as it is part of our kit. We will gain 1-2 crits out of 100 from trigger essences, and 2-3 crits out of 100 from banner. But it IS important to recognize what values we're assigning to the numbers we're throwing around, which is why I listed them out for common ground. Now I know you're NOT taking these things into consideration with your numbers.

Back to the point, I tested it with my cappy who has 15% crit from character journal which doesnt include the 5% from the 1st line trait. It crit about 21% of the time over about 5 minutes. I did nothing but keep relentless up, no other buffs. No trigger essence, no banner, nothing. I'm wondering why there is such a large difference in what i'm getting and what you saw 3 years ago when testing?
    no idea what ur doing then, I was in raid on BR and I had the pleasure of testing it on one of those evasion spiders when it was still in alpa/first BR build.

My crit chance on elendil was 78% out of all the elendils that I could spam.

maybe it's a set rating, I've got no idea since it's hidden. But Elendil is considerably more easy to crit than other skills. Fact is does bypass all BPE now aswell is really nice.

this is what I had with testing, but my crit is a 28.7% with my elendil sword cuz busy with other weapons, got toomany swaps
    Last edited by Zaheer; Apr 24 2020 at 06:43 PM.
    WhiteGoliath

Can any other captains geared to crit cap please share their results?

Can any other captains geared to crit cap please share their results?
    posted something for ya, just did this quickly but might need to take a few more cracks on it.
    WhiteGoliath

great, thanks.

I've updated it with a clarification note, as people misunderstood what I implied by a changing rotation around Master of war proc.
    WhiteGoliath

Hi everyone!

Zaheer, first of all I would like to say how much I appreciate and time you spent on putting all important information into this small guide!

I just started playing Captain, so I apologize if I ask silly questions, however, can you please tell:

1. How do you have 1.5 million damage in SL and Devastating? My best was 180 000 with Devastating under Master of War, with crit cap, maxed 2h, using SL rotation after prebuff rotation. I suspect that some of my legacies are wrong, but the difference is too huge.
    Can you please post the screens with your legacies on weapon and emblems? May be even your gear and traits?

2. When I use pre and buff rotations first time, everything works fine. However, you mentioned that it supposed to be never ending rotation and I'm struggling with CDs for tonics and Time of Need.
    Can you please explain, should I start using prebuff rotation again after using SL rotation? I believe I misunderstood something, as SL buff rotation ends almost same as prebuff rotation starts.
    To avoid confusion, can you please post the pull rotation sequence from start of the loop to its end?

Again, sorry for silly questions and I thanks for this guide! Even with my lack of experience I'm now able to show 45k DPS on dummy.

Any input as to whether blade of elendil is more useful in the rotation now with the legacy fix?

BoE inherrit crit chance is likely 10%

I've done some actual research around BoE's inherit crit chance so we can base theories on some data instead of fabricated claims from a single person.

I've unequiped every piece of gear, reset the traitline, removed virtues and racial traits (can't undo stat tomes).
    This got me to a base crit chance of 0.5% ( 6.900 rating)

first parse, wihtout any traitline:
    113 BoE's => 12 crits => 10.6%

second parse, with 3 points in React to Battle for +5% crit on DB, PA, RC and BoE (note the trait has a typo and mentions Light of Elendig).
    I parsed in blue line as to not get the crit rating buff from red sure strike to mess with base rating.

120 BoE's => 20 crits => 16.7%, this is in line with the expectation of base crit + trait bonus

100+ BoE parses come a lot closer to better test data compared to a single 15.
    to be more sure someone could do a 1000 BoE parse.

My conclusion is that BoE's inherrit passive crit chance is most likely a flat 10%, and it having a 40-45% passive base crit chance is deceptive and false information.

On another note, the recent bugfix to allow BoE to take into account the light dmg legacy is a nice fix, with BoE legacy + light dmg, the base skill numbers are now about the same as the base skill numbers on DB

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast