We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

The foundation of the expansion is just broken

Okay, so I was going to beta test the expansion yesterday.. I was going to start with the instances but found out that you have not nailed the most important part of it yet. And that is the itemization and stat progression.

I was expecting that you had balanced the instances around the new 130 gear, but that was certainly not the case since T3 can be completed with 120 gear.

Once a player hit 130, it should feel totally worth it going into T1 to get that gear and move on to T2 then T3. Right now, there is no need to do T1/T2 instance content because the Anvil gear is so strong, and the 130 gear is too weak. There isn't even a reason to do T3 content, because Anvil gear is stronger than T3 gear drops as well.

These are the phases players should go through once we are starting out in the new expansion:
    Phase 1 : We start out in the new region and already during the first few levels we have replaced parts of our 120 gear.
    Phase 2 : We hit level 130, and during the 10 levels we have a complete new set equipped, we are now ready for T1 instances.
    Phase 3 : We start farming the T1 instances and get stronger gear. We have also managed to gather materials to craft some new gear pieces, we are now ready to move onto T2 content.
    Phase 4 : During this phase we start farming T2 instances to get stronger gear, and from T2 we can even start crafting some stronger gear.
    Phase 5 : We are now ready to start clearing T3 content and get our toons ready for new 6mans and upcoming raid.

This is how the foundation of the gear and level progression should look in my opinion, right now it is a mess that will not be well received upon launch day. Is it really that hard to get this right?

Right now you can skip most of these phases, either with lootboxes or strong 120 gear.

There are a lot more issues and fluff, but if you can't get the foundation of the expansion right I wont even bother with the rest.

Piece out.
    Last edited by LotroVidz; Oct 30 2019 at 08:13 AM.

You missed out the bit where half of the classes are reliant on gear sets from content released three to five years ago, to complete T1-3 130 content.

+1

Quote Originally Posted by LotroVidz View Post
    Okay, so I was going to beta test the expansion yesterday.. I was going to start with the instances but found out that you have not nailed the most important part of it yet. And that is the itemization and stat progression.

I was expecting that you had balanced the instances around the new 130 gear, but that was certainly not the case since T3 can be completed with 120 gear.

Once a player hit 130, it should feel totally worth it going into T1 to get that gear and move on to T2 then T3. Right now, there is no need to do T1/T2 instance content because the Anvil gear is so strong, and the 130 gear is too weak. There isn't even a reason to do T3 content, because Anvil gear is stronger than T3 gear drops as well.

These are the phases players should go through once we are starting out in the new expansion:
    Phase 1 : We start out in the new region and already during the first few levels we have replaced parts of our 120 gear.
    Phase 2 : We hit level 130, and during the 10 levels we have a complete new set equipped, we are now ready for T1 instances.
    Phase 3 : We start farming the T1 instances and get stronger gear. We have also managed to gather materials to craft some new gear pieces, we are now ready to move onto T2 content.
    Phase 4 : During this phase we start farming T2 instances to get stronger gear, and from T2 we can even start crafting some stronger gear.
    Phase 5 : We are now ready to start clearing T3 content and get our toons ready for new 6mans and upcoming raid.

This is how the foundation of the gear and level progression should look in my opinion, right now it is a mess that will not be well received upon launch day. Is it really that hard to get this right?

Right now you can skip most of these phases, either with lootboxes or strong 120 gear.

There are a lot more issues and fluff, but if you can't get the foundation of the expansion right I wont even bother with the rest.

Piece out.
    Well said agree 100%.....I will save alot on keeping all my Anvil gear, no need to buy Solvents or Essence Removal Scrolls until something better comes along.

Your 120 gear might look different than the average player. I myself have never run anvil or gotten any gear related to it. So my 120 gear might not actually perform as yours does. My hope is that all players can run the T1 versions of the instances and the players with the more advanced gear can run the T3-5... So maybe you will still find you have to upgrade. And maybe I will too.
    Landroval: Pierceya, Wislak, Goodeva, Novat

Quote Originally Posted by NovaT View Post
    Your 120 gear might look different than the average player. I myself have never run anvil or gotten any gear related to it. So my 120 gear might not actually perform as yours does. My hope is that all players can run the T1 versions of the instances and the players with the more advanced gear can run the T3-5... So maybe you will still find you have to upgrade. And maybe I will too.
    As i suggested in case you missed it, is that our 120 gear should be replaced during our leveling up to 130. So no matter what gear you have at 120 it will become obsolete before you hit level 130. That way, all players will start on an equal ground to stepping into T1 content. I have full raid gear, and want a fresh start. Not jump into T3 to get useless stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Ethrildar View Post
    You missed out the bit where half of the classes are reliant on gear sets from content released three to five years ago, to complete T1-3 130 content.
    THIS^^^ I recently asked a few raid groups what I needed to gear LM for T2+ Anvil, and was told that unless I have the old "See All Ends" set from Pelennor, not to bother because I wont get the LM position in a raid without it. PELENNOR. Guys, thats 2016. You can no longer even get that set, so its not like I can go back and get it.

Awhile back, many set bonuses on armour were restricted to 10 levels over - then you could no longer wear that piece. This needs to be done for ALL set bonuses. No idea why it was done totally piecemeal to some and not others.

I adore playing my yellow LM, but knowing that I will never get a raid spot so long as theres an LM with that set, totally ruined it for me. I shelved him.

Please fix.

Ods

As i suggested in case you missed it, is that our 120 gear should be replaced during our leveling up to 130. So no matter what gear you have at 120 it will become obsolete before you hit level 130. That way, all players will start on an equal ground to stepping into T1 content. I have full raid gear, and want a fresh start. Not jump into T3 to get useless stuff.
    It became obsolete only because you can't put 130 level essences into them. Right now, Anvil raid gear and pelennor 4 slot gear too strong and need to be nerfed in frist place. No reason to replace it with starting 130 level gear and put yellow or purple 130 level essences from mobs into them.

Quote Originally Posted by Elmagor View Post
    It became obsolete only because you can't put 130 level essences into them.
    No it did not, as I said you can complete T3 instances with Anvil gear

Right now, Anvil raid gear and pelennor 4 slot gear too strong and need to be nerfed in frist place.
    Anvil gear isn't too strong, the 120+ gear is too weak, and mobs not scaled correctly. Pelennor gear, well they are hard to obtain and that gear is level 130, so its fine IMO.

No reason to replace it with starting 130 level gear and put yellow or purple 130 level essences from mobs into them.
    Then why do we even have instances, if the gear drops inside isnt worth getting? This logic is so stupid, with a new level cap the 130 instance gear should be relevant. T1>T2>T3 can be a really good progression system if it would only work as intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Ethrildar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Oddessia View Post
    THIS^^^ I recently asked a few raid groups what I needed to gear LM for T2+ Anvil, and was told that unless I have the old "See All Ends" set from Pelennor, not to bother because I wont get the LM position in a raid without it. PELENNOR. Guys, thats 2016. You can no longer even get that set, so its not like I can go back and get it.

Awhile back, many set bonuses on armour were restricted to 10 levels over - then you could no longer wear that piece. This needs to be done for ALL set bonuses. No idea why it was done totally piecemeal to some and not others.

I adore playing my yellow LM, but knowing that I will never get a raid spot so long as theres an LM with that set, totally ruined it for me. I shelved him.

Please fix.
    Then why do we even have instances, if the gear drops inside isnt worth getting? This logic is so stupid, with a new level cap the 130 instance gear should be relevant. T1>T2>T3 can be a really good progression system if it would only work as intended.
    ALL of this. ./signed. SSG needs to address it all or keep risking the reduction of the player base who actually bothers with group content after doing it the one time to see the story unfold.

Personal opinion is that it needs at least one month delay.They rushing it too much and at the same time they try to balance classes.Rks changes and now Wardens? and all seems in so much hurry.I dont know i am not very positive for the results.I hope i am wrong.
    Arandour Champion Rank 12-Nerien Hunter rank 11-Runendir RK Rank 7
    Kinship PRIME-Evernight Since May 2007
    Borzol R12-Mauhnakh R9-Varcolac R9-Sumnor R8-Orcapo R8 (Creep status retired)
    Discord: Arandour #1742

Quote Originally Posted by Arandour View Post
    Personal opinion is that it needs at least one month delay.They rushing it too much and at the same time they try to balance classes.Rks changes and now Wardens? and all seems in so much hurry.I dont know i am not very positive for the results.I hope i am wrong.
    I agree completely. If they delayed it until, say, 1 December, it would still be in time for Christmas and relieve some of the pressure. They would have time to concentrate on fixing the content before release. Then leave the class balancing to after the expansion release, to give that the attention it deserves. I haven’t pre-ordered the expansion, but was going to buy it on release day. Having heard about the sheer quantity of bugs and scaling problems from reading the many threads out so far, I am definitely going to wait a while until such time as things are sorted out. I’m not fussed, I am working on loads of alts at the moment anyway.

I’m an alien, an illegal alien: I’m a Gondorian Captain in Rohan...

There was a player who frequented these forums years ago. They predicted in detail the birth of threads like these. Not because they were projecting negativity, but because that's how they saw it. Kind of a prophet really, though in their day, they were despised and ridiculed. I don't recall what class they played, if they was a casual, raider, pvper. Something about Meneldor server rings a bell. The sad irony, of those barely remembered's, reflect anew and slowly prompt a smile.

Keep on, keepin on. Because, what else would you all do?
    Last edited by sapienze; Oct 31 2019 at 08:07 AM. Reason: typos

Quote Originally Posted by Oddessia View Post

Please fix.

Ods
    LOL, yeah the list can be made long! I would never go back to get old gear sets, hence why I refuse to play warden.

I wonder what dev is in charge of the itemization? That dev should learn to communicate with us, because everytime there is always something wrong with the itemization progress and stats. The legendary servers are a mess gear wise, and now the new MM expansion has screwed up gear.

I wish those who works on item stats could communicate like Vastin do regarding class balance, even though that is a bit lacking as well. But atleast we hear something from Vastin unlike the other devs -.-!
    Last edited by LotroVidz; Oct 31 2019 at 05:46 AM.