We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1

    Your Loot Boxes Are Trash - So you are wrong if you think I'm going to buy them

    VIP isn't worth it
    Your loot boxes are trash
    I already paid you a lot for this expansion

    So just stop trying to make this even more pay to win than it already is. You are the ones that made VIP a joke and not worth it. You are the ones that made your loot boxes trash full of junk I don't want or need. So stop trying to get me to buy these things because it isn't going to happen because they aren't worth buying.

  2. #2
    so you're unsatisfied that the lootboxes are giving any good RNG drops. does that mean that you would actually buy them if they did satisfy you? :P
    WhiteGoliath

    You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    1,464
    I don't like lootboxes either, but saying it contains trash is just wrong.
    1. Better gear than 130 instances.
    2. New essence boxes(no RNG)
    3. Stat tomes
    4. P2W potions/scrolls
    5. Embers(can later be used to barter really powerful gear and essences)

    They are p2w boxes.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by LotroVidz View Post
    I don't like lootboxes either, but saying it contains trash is just wrong.
    1. Better gear than 130 instances.
    2. New essence boxes(no RNG)
    3. Stat tomes
    4. P2W potions/scrolls
    5. Embers(can later be used to barter really powerful gear and essences)

    They are p2w boxes.
    Ok get this. There is a new crafting mat that you only get apparently from deconstructing green gear from instance drops. This means that you are going to be gear farming green gear anyway for the mats. You are also going to be using those mats to craft the purple gear. You also need these mats to probably be able to craft later teal gear. And we all know that loot box gear isn't going to be better or allow you to skip this entire green gear farming for new mats scenario. So you see, the new instance grindy mechanics that they have in place makes purchasing loot box gear a complete waste anyway because you are still going to have to farm green gear for the mats anyway in order to make teal gear that is better than loot box gear. So all anyone is going to do is simply craft the purple gear and use it until they can get the crafted teal gear. You can't have your cake and eat it too. They can't add tons of crafting grinds and crafting gear progressions and then think that people are going to buy loot box gear when it will NOT eliminate the mats gear grind that they will need to do anyway.

    Stat tomes are a complete joke and a waste of purchase.
    New essences they will not buy because they will get drops from all the instance gear grinds that, guess what, they have to do anyway.
    P2W potions and scrolls are pointless until you are maxed on your stats. So no one is going to buy a loot box in the hope of getting those when they woln't even need them until much later.
    Embers, Ha, you can only have 10,000 embers on account. With multiple toons running instance grinds all the time for crafted gear, there will not be much point to trying to get embers quickly because once again, it will not removed the green gear grind.

    So in the end you have a completely worthless, useless loot box that no one is going to buy because it gives them nothing that they actually need for end game and will not be better than other gear that they may have to grind for anyway.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    1,464
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyCappy View Post
    Ok get this. There is a new crafting mat that you only get apparently from deconstructing green gear from instance drops. This means that you are going to be gear farming green gear anyway for the mats. You are also going to be using those mats to craft the purple gear. You also need these mats to probably be able to craft later teal gear. And we all know that loot box gear isn't going to be better or allow you to skip this entire green gear farming for new mats scenario. So you see, the new instance grindy mechanics that they have in place makes purchasing loot box gear a complete waste anyway because you are still going to have to farm green gear for the mats anyway in order to make teal gear that is better than loot box gear. So all anyone is going to do is simply craft the purple gear and use it until they can get the crafted teal gear. You can't have your cake and eat it too. They can't add tons of crafting grinds and crafting gear progressions and then think that people are going to buy loot box gear when it will NOT eliminate the mats gear grind that they will need to do anyway.

    Stat tomes are a complete joke and a waste of purchase.
    New essences they will not buy because they will get drops from all the instance gear grinds that, guess what, they have to do anyway.
    P2W potions and scrolls are pointless until you are maxed on your stats. So no one is going to buy a loot box in the hope of getting those when they woln't even need them until much later.
    Embers, Ha, you can only have 10,000 embers on account. With multiple toons running instance grinds all the time for crafted gear, there will not be much point to trying to get embers quickly because once again, it will not removed the green gear grind.

    So in the end you have a completely worthless, useless loot box that no one is going to buy because it gives them nothing that they actually need for end game and will not be better than other gear that they may have to grind for anyway.
    This was the most stupid post i have read so far on these forums. You speak as if everyone are crafting, or wants to spend gold on crafted gear, that is not the case.

    And why would anyone use the purple crafted gear, when we get teal gear with essence slots inside the lootboxes, and on top of that essences and tons of embers? Why would anyone farm a huge amount of landscape mobs when there is only a small chance you get the essence you need because of RNG, and at the same time you can get them from opening lootboxes.

    And i seriously doubt the crafted gear will be stronger than the gear from Ember vendor, if the ember vendor gear is T2/T3 instance gear(or if it remains like it is not STRONGER than t3 instance gear), once again its faster to just open lootboxes to get the embers needed for that gear. Also, I'm sure that the ember vendor will have the essence boxes, once again, open lootboxes to get tons of embers then just barter those essence boxes.

    The current state of the endgame is for those who have Anvil gear > Go straight into T3 content. For those who don't have Anvil gear > buy lootboxes > Go straight into T3 content.

    If you refuse to spend money on lootboxes, farm T1 > disenchant gear > Craft purple gear > and MAYBE you can do the T2 content. The purple gear wont be enough for T3.

    If you cant see any issue with this you need to wake up, seriously.

    You also said So just stop trying to make this even more pay to win than it already is. WHY? If it is as you describe it, its not p2w at all.

    And an honest question, is it fair that players who have a lot of money IRL can just skip weeks/months of farming compared to those who cant afford it?
    Last edited by LotroVidz; Oct 30 2019 at 07:47 AM.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    15,152
    Quote Originally Posted by LotroVidz View Post

    And i seriously doubt the crafted gear will be stronger than the gear from Ember vendor, if the ember vendor gear is T2/T3 instance gear(or if it remains like it is not STRONGER than t3 instance gear), once again its faster to just open lootboxes to get the embers needed for that gear. Also, I'm sure that the ember vendor will have the essence boxes, once again, open lootboxes to get tons of embers then just barter those essence boxes.
    Check this out. I did a lootbox test last night and got a lovely teal offhand. It's stats were only very marginally better than the teal crafted offhand. Sounds great doesn't it? until you hear that the lootbox offhand is only level 123 and the crafted offhand is level 130. I dread to think what the difference will be like when that lootbox offhand is level 130.
    Sometimes, no matter how hard you look, there is no best light.


  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    Check this out. I did a lootbox test last night and got a lovely teal offhand. It's stats were only very marginally better than the teal crafted offhand. Sounds great doesn't it? until you hear that the lootbox offhand is only level 123 and the crafted offhand is level 130. I dread to think what the difference will be like when that lootbox offhand is level 130.
    Embers/Lootbox gear is item rating 400, guild crafting gear is 412..I can't imagine how the Ember offhand might be better

    Imho 2 things should be changed. Instance gear should be teal in T3 and Essences should be craftable, otherwise the loot acquisition isn't THAT bad

  8. #8
    Rhino-Man's Avatar
    Rhino-Man is offline The Wise
    The Completionist
    Stable Master
    Champ, Chank, Chump
    The Alt-aphobic
    The Deep Delver
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,202
    Are lootboxes called something new and do you still use the current in game Black Steel Keys? Or are there new keys that works on level 130 lootboxes...

    Thanks,
    Radian
    Radian- Champion- Landroval

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    1,464
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhino-Man View Post
    Are lootboxes called something new and do you still use the current in game Black Steel Keys? Or are there new keys that works on level 130 lootboxes...

    Thanks,
    Radian
    There are all the same lootboxes that share the same key. However if you are at cap it drops an endgame currency called embers. If you are below cap it drops a currency called motes.

    There are only 1 type of keys only obtained through lotro store.

  10. #10

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by Rhino-Man View Post
    Are lootboxes called something new and do you still use the current in game Black Steel Keys? Or are there new keys that works on level 130 lootboxes...

    Thanks,
    Radian
    Quote Originally Posted by LotroVidz View Post
    There are all the same lootboxes that share the same key. However if you are at cap it drops an endgame currency called embers. If you are below cap it drops a currency called motes.

    There are only 1 type of keys only obtained through lotro store.
    Acctually on live atm there are Traveller's Steel-bound Lootbox and Adventurer's Steel-bound Lootbox. Both use Black-Steel keys. Traveller's currently on live are LvL 20-115 and drop motes ( I think i read somehere they were changed to 15-115 but I don't have any so can't check). Adventurer's are lvL 116-120 and drop embers. As for Beta of- and MM release I'm not sure if the 116-120's will simply become 116-130 or change to 121-130 ??? Then the 20-115 changed to 20-120 ??? Maybe the Traveller ones will be removed and replaced by one type as LotroVidz suggest. I had no Lootboxes drop as I was in Beta, so could not test. On live I don't keep or use Lootboxes, so my characters had no Lootboxes with them as they transferred over to BR.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    3,167
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord.Funk View Post
    Acctually on live atm there are Traveller's Steel-bound Lootbox and Adventurer's Steel-bound Lootbox. Both use Black-Steel keys. Traveller's currently on live are LvL 20-115 and drop motes ( I think i read somehere they were changed to 15-115 but I don't have any so can't check). Adventurer's are lvL 116-120 and drop embers. As for Beta of- and MM release I'm not sure if the 116-120's will simply become 116-130 or change to 121-130 ??? Then the 20-115 changed to 20-120 ??? Maybe the Traveller ones will be removed and replaced by one type as LotroVidz suggest. I had no Lootboxes drop as I was in Beta, so could not test. On live I don't keep or use Lootboxes, so my characters had no Lootboxes with them as they transferred over to BR.
    On Beta lootboxes don't drop from 120+ mobs, but you can buy them in tavern

  12. #12
    My major issue with lootboxes, other than the concept of lootboxes in general, is the fact the gear is bind on acquire. Back in Mordor, they changed the lootboxes so the gear drops were BoA and there was less waste. I am not going to buy keys regardless, because I think paying for an expansion and VIP sub is enough, but I think it would be fairer to those who get gear that they can give it to any one of their characters.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload