We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Here we are again...

Captains need more herald skins and Lore-masters need more pet options and skins.
    Lore-masters are the only class that has to spend Mithril Coins in order to purchase class-orientated perks that cannot be earned in-game.

Maybe a herald or a pet that can heal you? That allows you to run faster?

Quote Originally Posted by Pewpewmidget View Post
    Captains need more herald skins and Lore-masters need more pet options and skins.
    Lore-masters are the only class that has to spend Mithril Coins in order to purchase class-orientated perks that cannot be earned in-game.

Maybe a herald or a pet that can heal you? That allows you to run faster?
    i agree that captains need more herald skins!!!
    but what i see as a crafter is that current skins dont sell!
    would be wonderfull if Devs create some additional skins per crafting tier!
    now about LMs, i believe they have enough but skins from recipes would be great!
    herald n/or pet for heal n run ? not a need sorry!
    lotr enthousiast since 1996, over 12 years lotro player, lifetimer, Loyal member of the Spartans Kinship and Subleader, now in Evernight imigrants from Eldar

I'm on board for more skins for LM combat pets. AND a run boost pet, please!

-
    The Mithril coin skins on LM trainers used to be Lotro store items that got moved. I'm all ok for having more such skins that can be bought.
    Some of these can, in fact, be earned in game (Dunland recipes). Then there are store/MC exclusives, like spirit boar, spirit aurochs, white eagle, and snow bog lurker.

Could be great to have new herald skins for cappies: Rohirric fighter, Gondorian soldier, an ELF herald for HIGH ELF cappies please.
    Furthermore: Make the elf herald race-exclusive for high elf cappies by gating the skin behind a high-elf-race-related NPC that only high elves can interact with.
    Éalá Éarendel engla beorhtast,
    ofer middangeard monnum sended,
    ond sóð
    fæsta sunnan léoma,
    torht ofer tung
    las, þú tída gehwane,
    of sylfum þé symle inlíhtes!

-
    "Leaving the game plan is a sign of panic, and panic is not in our game plan." - Chuck Noll

I would like it if my Captain could dress her Archer in clothing from my Wardrobe. Would that be completely impossible, or just too much work?
    Eruanne - Shards of Narsil-1 - Elendilmir -> Arkenstone
    www.kithrup.com/~djheydt/

Quote Originally Posted by djheydt View Post
    I would like it if my Captain could dress her Archer in clothing from my Wardrobe. Would that be completely impossible, or just too much work?
    That would be awesome.
    Crickhollow, Anor, and Treebeard
    Learning to raid on Anor https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...League-Kinship

Quote Originally Posted by Echoweaver View Post
    That would be awesome.
    Yes, it would; but could it be done?

My Captain's archer has been with her through thick and thin, including Gravenwood where the Captain earned her Grey Company gear. I would really like to see the archer wearing the same.
    Eruanne - Shards of Narsil-1 - Elendilmir -> Arkenstone
    www.kithrup.com/~djheydt/

The upcoming Captain update does include a substantial array of new Elf herald variations to help complement the new High-elf Captains!

They also got some decent stat buffs, though they otherwise have the same skills and abilities as before.

- Vastin

PS - You won't have to be a High-elf to use the Elf heralds.

Quote Originally Posted by Vastin View Post
    The upcoming Captain update does include a substantial array of new Elf herald variations to help complement the new High-elf Captains!

They also got some decent stat buffs, though they otherwise have the same skills and abilities as before.

- Vastin

!!!!!! ELF HERALDS!

This is why you're my favorite, Vastin!

(Don't tell MoL I said so.)
    Shhh. Listen. Listen to the sound of suffering. Resolve to relieve it. Lift others up. Be kind.

- Vastin

Great news! Thanks, Vastin! <3

- Vastin

tks a lot for this but........
    what about the people that dont care about HE or Elves?
    how about some more (craftable) herald skins?
    lotr enthousiast since 1996, over 12 years lotro player, lifetimer, Loyal member of the Spartans Kinship and Subleader, now in Evernight imigrants from Eldar

- Vastin

This is great news!

But please also add more heralds that look like they are actually from Middle Earth e.g. a Rohirrim, Gondor citadel guard, Swan knight, Ranger, hobbit Bounder, maybe an Erebor dwarf... Perhaps you could earn their loyalty through a class quest in the relevant region...

And I love the idea of using cosmetics from the wardrobe - yes please!
    Last edited by TheArtilleryman; Jul 17 2019 at 06:00 PM.

I’m an alien, an illegal alien: I’m a Gondorian Captain in Rohan...

Thank you!!

Quote Originally Posted by Druidsfire View Post
    !!!!!! ELF HERALDS!

This is why you're my favorite, Vastin!

(Don't tell MoL I said so.)
    Rolling on floor and laughing out loud.
    In place of a dark lord, you shall have Queen...... All shall love me and despair

- Vastin

If we're going to talk combat pets, here's a couple off my wish list:
    • Bog-Guardian: A miniature version of the 3 existing skins (maybe slightly taller than the guardian cosmetic pet).
    • Spirit: A mini-mumak skin.

It might be nice to have skins for each race in game (Elf, Dwarf, Hobbit, Man). I would also love to have a Beorning skin that gives the pet the ability to randomly skin-change.
    Jewahe

Quote Originally Posted by djheydt View Post
    My Captain's archer has been with her through thick and thin, including Gravenwood where the Captain earned her Grey Company gear. I would really like to see the archer wearing the same.
    I don't see that they'd find a the re-coding that it would take to make heralds able to be cosmetically modified worth it, unless it was part of a greater rewrite of pet appearances in general.

BTW, my two favorite Herald skins (archer of course!) are the Oathbreaker and the Lossoth.
    << Co-founder of The Firebrands of Caruja on Landroval >>
    Ceolford of Dale, Dorolin, Tordag, Garberend Bellheather, Colfinn Belegorn, Garmo Butterbuckles, Calensarn Nimlos, Langtiriel, Bergteir

Quote Originally Posted by auximenes View Post
    I don't see that they'd find a the re-coding that it would take to make heralds able to be cosmetically modified worth it, unless it was part of a greater rewrite of pet appearances in general.

BTW, my two favorite Herald skins (archer of course!) are the Oathbreaker and the Lossoth.
    I use the oathbreaker and the pilgrim, named "Casper" and "Tuck" respectively

I’m an alien, an illegal alien: I’m a Gondorian Captain in Rohan...

it only took 2 YEARS!
    My Lotro blog :)

The best solution would be a new tab in the collection panel, where all herald skins are located. And then, SSG can add a lot to the panel: Zhelruka Dwarfs, Minas Tirith Soldiers, etc... Would be really nice to see a bunch of new skins. I always use my Oathbreaker...

- Vastin

Is there anything planned for a Swan-Knight/Rohirrim/Gondorian heralds?

- Vastin

I am looking forward to the Captain update. Do we have a roll out date???

- Vastin

That's amazing news! <3
    Come join House of the Heavenly Arch, a Discord server for LGBT Fans of LOTR: https://discord.gg/9QfKMPJ
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Yay!! (Nothing to add here but enthusiasm.)
    Crickhollow, Anor, and Treebeard
    Learning to raid on Anor https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...League-Kinship

For captains companions the skins need to become passive.
    Yeah we can craft other skins and the companions are stronger but we've allways to switch the stantar to the companion skin summon and switch back.
    Or we've allways summon a weaker companion.
    And the companions need at least a lot more morale and mits. It cannot be that we need to resummon them min five times in a boss fight.
    Or mich better remove the companions, make their bonuses to a stance that the captain itself give his fellows the boost and make the brother giveable to the captain himself.
    And change the traits that for exame not the companion has the chance to reduce the armour let have the Red cappy himself the chance etc.

Nice, but how about our very own Stable Master at Homesteads (loaded with 3 Horses of your choice from your collection). Would make it easier for us to travel out of homestead.

- Vastin

Thank you Vastin, you're a breath of fresh air when it comes to communicating with players. Having elf heralds might actually get me into playing a H.E. captain.

Since new pet skins are being worked on, may I mention another long-standing request/suggestion from the LM population: a new skin for LM bog guardian that will make it smaller in appearance and more convenient for use in cluttered fights? The tall original bog guardian stands so close to LM and tends to block the view partially - it would be great to have a "small size" version just like the tundra cub for bear pets, to open the line of sight in long, involved fights.
    (The already existing "pumpkin lurker" cosmetic pet appearance can be re-adjusted for LM combat pet skin - its small size is perfect - as an example.)

If a blue name could pass this along to item/content creators for consideration, would appreciate it!
    Éalá Éarendel engla beorhtast,
    ofer middangeard monnum sended,
    ond sóð
    fæsta sunnan léoma,
    torht ofer tung
    las, þú tída gehwane,
    of sylfum þé symle inlíhtes!

-
    "Leaving the game plan is a sign of panic, and panic is not in our game plan." - Chuck Noll

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast