We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Huh? I never said Ash wasn't intended to be present in the game. We have tried to be clear that Ash of Gorgoroth is meant to be a non-primary way to get gear, with the primary method being running the content. We are working to better align with that principle in Update 21.3 through guaranteed or near-guaranteed drops depending on difficulty in the Update 21 instances.
    ??????

Quote Originally Posted by Snowlock View Post
    Even if that's true, and I'm sure it is. Why cause all this controversy?

"Due to the performance issues caused by landscape farming experienced by too many of our players, we've reluctantly had to remove ash drops from global landscape loot tables."

Boom, done.
    This. So very much this.

I suggest people take what Cordovan says with a grain of salt. It feels like a bunch of back-pedaling and comments that directly contradict what has been said and done. There's several examples already posted in the thread.

I don't know if he's just saying what SSG is telling him to say or if he truly believes what they tell him, I dunno. But you can obviously tell that there is a lot of double-talk and contradicting statements.
    Tolella Hlothran ~ Minstrel ~ 115
    Crickhollow
    Officer ~ Phoenix Rising

Quote Originally Posted by BangoTwinkletoes View Post
    ??????
    Yup, I don't understand it either. I thought I wrote my question pretty clearly, as in, why is there level 112 ash barter gear, and no way for level 112 players to acquire it. They aren't going to be doing the instances, because - lack of LoE at level 112 or lower, to be able to run those instances.

Maybe SSG are assuming that every player ash farmed and is sitting on a mountain of ash? They'd be wrong about that. Maybe they're assuming that the whole playerbase is into instances? They'd be wrong about that too. I highly doubt that many of our more casual players realised that the instances were mandatory to progress through the landscape of the expac they bought, when they paid for it. They're not interested in the high end gear inside instances, because they uhmmm, don't run them, but they do want to be able to barter for the level 112 gear, provided at the ash barterer, at level 112. That is surely why that gear is there.
    Last edited by Arnenna; Dec 08 2017 at 01:11 PM.
    Sometimes, no matter how hard you look, there is no best light.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    Yup, I don't understand it either. I thought I wrote my question pretty clearly, as in, why is there level 112 ash barter gear, and no way for level 112 players to acquire it. They aren't going to be doing the instances, because - lack of LoE at level 112 or lower, to be able to run those instances.

Maybe SSG are assuming that every player ash farmed and is sitting on a mountain of ash? They'd be wrong about that. Maybe they're assuming that the whole playerbase is into instances? They'd be wrong about that too. I highly doubt that many of our more casual players realised that the instances were mandatory to progress through the landscape of the expac they bought, when they paid for it. They're not interested in the high end gear inside instances, because they uhmmm, don't run them, but they do want to be able to barter for the level 112 gear, provided at the ash barterer, at level 112. That is surely why that gear is there.
    At least I'm not the only one who thought I had been in a parallel universe since July...

At least I'm not the only one who thought I had been in a parallel universe since July...
    I have been asking that question since the first beta when ash was removed from landscape to be met with silence as par for the course. Now I have found as shown earlier in the thread video of them talking about gear drops and saying you can ash them so your inventory does not become cluttered and that will be ignored as well

Quote Originally Posted by kickman77 View Post
    I have been asking that question since the first beta when ash was removed from landscape to be met with silence as par for the course. Now I have found as shown earlier in the thread video of them talking about gear drops and saying you can ash them so your inventory does not become cluttered and that will be ignored as well
    I don't have Mordor but try to keep up with things in case I do decide to get it now that it's available for LP.

Is the ash we're talking about here the same ash that was going to have a currency cap put on it? Is that still a thing?

Thanks, sorry if this is a dumb question.
    “All that is gold does not glitter,
    Not all those who wander are lost;
    The old that is strong does not wither,
    Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

To be honest I've stopped caring. Playing WoW vanilla on a private server for the old school feel. SSG need to have an all-team sit down and work out what it is they are doing.

To be honest I've stopped caring. Playing WoW vanilla on a private server for the old school feel. SSG need to have an all-team sit down and work out what it is they are doing.
    They need an intervention. "We love you very much, but what you're doing to yourself is going to kill you." The bigger crime are those terrible Chili's ads on Spotify. Any desire to go there has been completely removed.

Quote Originally Posted by ShireDweller View Post
    I don't have Mordor but try to keep up with things in case I do decide to get it now that it's available for LP.

Is the ash we're talking about here the same ash that was going to have a currency cap put on it? Is that still a thing?

Thanks, sorry if this is a dumb question.
    It's the same Ash of Gorgoroth that you get from deconning much of the level 106+ gear you acquire in Mordor, except for crafted gear, except for the one crafted widget that you make just to decon for a measly 10 ash. (Hope that's as clear to you as it is to me. )

Dunno about the current status of the cap as I'm not very likely to ever reach it.
    The Lag is so bad I saw Sara Oakheart outrun someone - kickman77

Cener, Ingo, Rilibald, Hesred, Halras, Belegthelion, Ingoror, Gloringo
    Arkenstone (ex-Elendilmir) - The Osgiliath Guard - http://www.theoldergamers.com

Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests THAT ARE ALL OUTDATED CONTENT OUTDATED CONTENT OUTDATED CONTENT OUTDATED CONTENT,OR WAIT WE CAN DO FI 417 SCROLLS PER WEAPONS 2-3 PER FI RUN LETS SAY 3 BEING QUITE GENEROUS HERE ABOUT 4 MONTHS PER TOON 4 MONTHS 44444444444444444 MONTHS.Everything is working as itended lets see how long people will tolarate this.I guess forever based on previous updates.Let someone with 200 iq tell me how to get this amount of scrolls.Pls no ban for writing bunch of quests a lot i need to draw your atention before you butcher your game to the point of no repair.

Quote Originally Posted by Nosdracir View Post
    It's the same Ash of Gorgoroth that you get from deconning much of the level 106+ gear you acquire in Mordor, except for crafted gear, except for the one crafted widget that you make just to decon for a measly 10 ash. (Hope that's as clear to you as it is to me. )

Dunno about the current status of the cap as I'm not very likely to ever reach it.
    Thanks! That's what I thought.

It's confusing because the need for a cap makes it sound like players were swimming in it and they wanted to cut back on how much you could have at one time, but now it sounds like there won't be many ways to get it at all because it turns out that getting it from landscape drops was a mistake.

It almost seems like getting ash from landscape drops wasn't a mistake at the time they wanted to add a cap, but I admit I haven't been following it super close since I don't have Mordor.

Quote Originally Posted by ShireDweller View Post
    Thanks! That's what I thought.

It's confusing because the need for a cap makes it sound like players were swimming in it and they wanted to cut back on how much you could have at one time, but now it sounds like there won't be many ways to get it at all because it turns out that getting it from landscape drops was a mistake.

It almost seems like getting ash from landscape drops wasn't a mistake at the time they wanted to add a cap, but I admit I haven't been following it super close since I don't have Mordor.
    people do farm it, I joined a farm for an hour once and got a total of 50 ash. Was not worth my time when I could get that just from doing the daily craft instances. But now that can not happen. I am not sure if they consider those crafting instances landscape or not (I have yet to try them on beta) but I am just beyond disheartened. Right now I have my main toon through mordor, all the others are parked somewhere in. I am content and happy playing the low level content and being a completionist. Using the LP I earn to buy some store steeds because I refuse to play lootbox lottery. Eventually I will wargpens my other toons to 115 and make them crafted gear and take them through Mordor but as of this point its gonna be a while

Quote Originally Posted by Osglinthor View Post
    Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests Bunch of quests THAT ARE ALL OUTDATED CONTENT OUTDATED CONTENT OUTDATED CONTENT OUTDATED CONTENT,OR WAIT WE CAN DO FI 417 SCROLLS PER WEAPONS 2-3 PER FI RUN LETS SAY 3 BEING QUITE GENEROUS HERE ABOUT 4 MONTHS PER TOON 4 MONTHS 44444444444444444 MONTHS.Everything is working as itended lets see how long people will tolarate this.I guess forever based on previous updates.Let someone with 200 iq tell me how to get this amount of scrolls.Pls no ban for writing bunch of quests a lot i need to draw your atention before you butcher your game to the point of no repair.
    This is by far the best post I’ve seen in a while. Spot on!

Quote Originally Posted by Jurny View Post

My question is, how is a level 105 supposed to not only play through Mordor but also get armor to be able to progress through Mordor NOW?

Nothing is/was put into place for those newly entering Mordor to replace the (no more drops on landscape) armor...sooo some 1 please tell me how are they supposed to get through Mordor only on quest rewards??

!
    This right here. I gave up on Mordor for this reason. It’s so seriously not fun.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check

Quote Originally Posted by Jurny View Post
    My question is, how is a level 105 supposed to not only play through Mordor but also get armor to be able to progress through Mordor NOW?

Nothing is/was put into place for those newly entering Mordor to replace the (no more drops on landscape) armor...sooo some 1 please tell me how are they supposed to get through Mordor only on quest rewards??
    If you quest through Mordor and do all quests, you will never see higher than shadow tier3, and in most cases just have shadow tier1 or none.
    Thats really not what should prevent you from questing on. If one could nullify shadow always everywhere, there would be no reason to have that mechanism at all.

(I'd be okay with scrapping LoE alltogether, but as long as it exists, it should have an effect and not be easily zeroed everywhere.)
    Last edited by Oelle; Dec 09 2017 at 05:23 AM.
    Diskutierer, Fragenbeantworter, Twinker, Händler, Handwerker und Gründer der 'Gemeinschaft der freien Völker' auf Belegaer.
    Deutsche Guides für nahezu alles, was Casuals interessieren könnte, gibts hier: http://gdfv.forumo.de/guides-f24/

Quote Originally Posted by Oelle View Post
    If you quest through Mordor and do all quests, you will never see higher than shadow tier3, and in most cases just have shadow tier1 or none.
    Thats really not what should prevent you from questing on. If one could nullify shadow always everywhere, there would be no reason to have that mechanism at all.

(I'd be okay with scrapping LoE alltogether, but as long as it exists, it should have an effect and not be easily zeroed everywhere.)
    On the contrary, If A exists to cause hindrance and B exists to counter it, B should be readily available, otherwise, there is no reason to have B at all. SSG knew this, which is why they added level 112 gear for barter at level 112 along with a way to barter for it. There is no disputing that point, and it's paramount in the discussion here. They are leaving that level 112 gear in the game but removing the ability to barter for it for players that are level 112. Its only use now is to level capped players that are earning tokens of service in the allegiance dailies where they can burn it for ash. That speaks for itself, as if that was its original intent, it wouldn't be level 112 gear it would be level cap gear.

A player can reach TU within a small amount of shadow if they seek out the 7 rare chests available to them on route. Those chests were easy work when I (and probably your guardian) did it, when the landscape was full of players seeking the same goals. It's easy for our alts too, as they have end game alts feeding their needs. They don't need to seek out those chests, as they have ash coming in to pick up that level 112 gear. We also had the odd teal drop here and there that could be equipped to boost our LoE count if we killed plenty on the way through the content, along with some teals that we could burn, so that we could barter for a few pieces of the level 112 ash gear.

It's a whole different ball game for players new to Mordor now.

When this hits, and lots of the more casual players can't make it through Mordor, they will have two options. Undo this, or nerf Mordor, and given their refusal to ever admit that any move was a mistake, I'm guessing it will be the latter, and that there, is a shame as with the right ingredients present in the game for players to play the content (as it is now) its nice content.

They could easily get around this change by adding a non ashable version of the level 112 gear to the skirmish camp (one simple example), so that the design - that level 112 players have ability to barter for level 112 LoE gear - stays intact. But no, they're going to stick to this plan and just like you, are going to tell the players to stick it, it's just on the bordeline, like pulling teeth if you stretch the thread to it's fullest, doable, even though, that's not how it was when you (and I) ran it. There has been zero mention of the slight murmur on the stream about possibly adding crafted level 110 gear.
    Last edited by Arnenna; Dec 09 2017 at 06:21 AM.
    Sometimes, no matter how hard you look, there is no best light.

Quote Originally Posted by Oelle View Post
    If you quest through Mordor and do all quests, you will never see higher than shadow tier3
    Are you saying /after/ you get the light from quest gear or that's the highest it ever goes in Mordor? If it's the latter you are clearly mistaken. 30% extra damage to some people is enough to make it a royal pain. When I was questing on my RK I didn't have the mits or morale to combat 4-5k hits every single time. Couple that with the high chance of pulling more than one mob and you're toast. If the intent of Mordor was to encourage group play then they waited for that ship to sail, sink, and turn into legend.

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Huh? I never said Ash wasn't intended to be present in the game. We have tried to be clear that Ash of Gorgoroth is meant to be a non-primary way to get gear, with the primary method being running the content. We are working to better align with that principle in Update 21.3 through guaranteed or near-guaranteed drops depending on difficulty in the Update 21 instances.
    Yet, the time and effort was made to put a quest in the game (no matter how insignificant) which makes you buy that blasted flame of whatever, I'll call it the "Ash Making Stone", and then instructs you on how to make ash. And let's not forget all the ash barter NPCs located throughout Mordor. I've give anyone the benefit of the doubt once, but this habit of talking with the forked tongue has got to stop cause quite honestly, that dog ain't huntin' no more.
    "It is better to be present with ten men....than absent with ten thousand"
    Daenith Erlundir ~ of Landroval
    Ranger

Do you have to pay for that? Asking honestly because I am looking for something new to play and im getting Bored with STO and Lotro just aint doing it for me anymore. I am tired of being lied to, feeling cheated out of my money and not looked at as a valued customer
    Quote Originally Posted by Daenith View Post
    Yet, the time and effort was made to put a quest in the game (no matter how insignificant) which makes you buy that blasted flame of whatever, I'll call it the "Ash Making Stone", and then instructs you on how to make ash. And let's not forget all the ash barter NPCs located throughout Mordor. I've give anyone the benefit of the doubt once, but this habit of talking with the forked tongue has got to stop cause quite honestly, that dog ain't huntin' no more.
    I honestly believe SSG think their playerbase is full of stupid people. They think we can not see past things like this

Thumbs up

At least now I have cancelled my subs on 5 accts. As well as not getting the mordor expac for 4 of those accts. Put that on hold when I started seeing the patch notes a while back. Now I know that was the right decision. Money saved for me and less for ssg/daybreak.

Do you have to pay for that? Asking honestly because I am looking for something new to play and im getting Bored with STO and Lotro just aint doing it for me anymore. I am tired of being lied to, feeling cheated out of my money and not looked at as a valued customer

I honestly believe SSG think their playerbase is full of stupid people. They think we can not see past things like this
    I don't know about the private vanilla servers, but you can try the regular WOW game for free up to level 20, try different classes to see which ones you like most. And at the latest Blizzcon, they announced that they are working on classic WOW servers themselves too, but there is no timeframe on when those will be active.

There may be another sale around Christmas on the battlechest, you get all the expansions before the current one included in that. I got mine for under $10 a while back, and it'll keep you busy for a long time. Plus it runs like a dream, even on my ancient laptop. Definitely worth the sub in my opinion.

The private server software is free, if you know what site to go to that has it. There's one out there that has private servers for a myriad of games.
    Tolella Hlothran ~ Minstrel ~ 115
    Crickhollow
    Officer ~ Phoenix Rising

Quote Originally Posted by Denhith View Post
    What does "running the content" mean?
    Does doing the quests and killing mobs not count as running the content??
    If you are referring to just the instances (dungeons)--and they were always intended to be the "primary" method to get gear...why weren't they available at launch in the first place???
    You do realize you've walked yourself into a corner here, right?
    This is just a semantic type responses.
    In place of a dark lord, you shall have Queen...... All shall love me and despair

Turbine has to be the worst developer ever. SSG: "Hold my beer"

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast