We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandura View Post
    No it wasn't stupid at all^^
    It was agruably the best endgame that LOTRO ever had. The group content on the landscape and during the epic back in those days were the most fun I'd had while questing and leveling up. LOTRO really felt like a multiplayer game.

This feeling has all but faded away over the years due to the increased catering to "the solo crowd" and neglection of all the people that enjoy playing in groups.

Tell me, what would be the point of having group content without any compelling storyline or any story at all? You can't simply say it's bad to have group content with story just so that "the solo crowd" can experience all of the story in their own personal bubble.

Ofcourse I'm not saying that all content should be group content either. But there definitely needs to be *some*. We have all seen what happened ever since the need to group up was removed and content was made easier and easier to appeal to solo players. The playerbase severely diminished which lead to the closure of 19 out of 29 servers.

Mordor is the first step back into the right direction imho. I hope they keep creating content that is as demanding as the Mordor landscape and increase the 'skill' requirements over time. That is the only way to 'teach' people how to get better. Learning by doing as the saying goes.

Teach People? L2P. How about I tell you I know how to play and have no interest to ever set foot into T2. Why do you expect landscape players to have the skill of professionals? The problem is not necessarily that people don't know how to play but that they might physically, mentally, emotionally not be able to play better.

I strongly believe that the reason why many people find Mordor too difficult is because they have been used to the no-effort I-one-shot-everything faceroll-keyboard landscape content we have had for the last several years. Many have no clue what finesse even is or how the stat system in general works, judging by what I see people having slotting in their essence slots whenever I inspect random people.

Does it ever occur to you that not everybody wants to min/max or change anything in there hard earned gear? For you it might be ok to switch out essences and replace legacies but for others the question arises why Mordor even demands such things when in the past guild crafted gear was enough to go on. There never was this dependency on having the right gear to continue when with any luck new gear could replace it within a few hours.

I dare say, if you play a game but have absolutely no clue what you're doing and also don't care to 'educate' yourself then you have no right to complain about the supposed difficulty of the content.

Difficulty is in the eyes of the player as is fun. Some players just don't find needing 10x longer to kill a mob and ending up in the rez circle for a long ride back fun. I can probably go through Mordor on my hunter without to many problems. But that doesn't mean I will have fun doing it so I level her outside of Mordor until I can buy gear from the AH.

If you refuse to even consider grouping up to get through a piece of content that is too hard for you solo (for whatever reason) or isn't even meant to be done solo then I suggest you go and find yourself a true single player RPG. MMOs clearly aren't your type of game.

I enjoy MMOs. Especially Lotro. Thank you very much. And just because I don't want to group for landscape questing doesn't mean I never group. Besides, name me one game that portrays ME as well done with at least this much content.

I don't buy the whole "I can't finish the story because there is this one fellowship quest / instance blocking my progression and I hate/don't want/can't find people to group up" argument. How do you think everyone else who's already past that part of the story completed it in the first place? There are *always* people who have the same quests as you, you simply need to take a couple minutes and look for them. We even have a dedicated, server wide chat channel for exactly that purpose.

And what would you call a few minutes. For example, I needed help on a new character for Tom Bombadils quest. There were at least 3 players around. Nobody answered for 30 minutes of calls for help. I even used tell on each of the players there. Finally somebody who wasn't even in the Old Forest came to help me. It took her another 10 minutes because she got lost. Right now you have enough players in Mordor but what about in 3 months? A year? 2 years?
    I put my comments in the quote. Btw, I read several comments that Mordor with the right gear and class really isn't so bad. Why make it gear dependent? Why do some classes have it way easier then other classes? Why do get some classes gear drop/rewards that help them and others not?

I don't have Mordor but picked up some tasks and made it to the second area on my 108 hunter with maxed dps legacy. It was better then on 106 without maxed legacy. So I guess I level to 115, get some gear from the AH and then start questing in Mordor. That will teach me how to play.

Edit: Another quest just came to mind which I saw recently a request for help for. East Gondor, Broadacres. There is this instance quest for the town that has been taken over which is marked solo but for some just not doable that way. I would have liked to help that person but since the quest giver died for me and the quest is not in the reflection pool I just couldn't. This is just frustrating especially since this quest blocks continuation in the zone.
    Last edited by wispsong; Aug 17 2017 at 10:53 AM.

Gandalf knows that solo in Mordor is difficult, so...

Quote Originally Posted by Mandura View Post
    I

I don't buy the whole "I can't finish the story because there is this one fellowship quest / instance blocking my progression and I hate/don't want/can't find people to group up" argument. How do you think everyone else who's already past that part of the story completed it in the first place? There are *always* people who have the same quests as you, you simply need to take a couple minutes and look for them. We even have a dedicated, server wide chat channel for exactly that purpose.
    That's true, but only if you're in the first wave. I started 10 years ago, but about six months after launch. It was phenomenally difficult to get quest chains and even epic books finished when the mass of players were already much further on. Sitting on your hands for an hour trying to get a group to do, say, books 3 and 4 of volume 1 was painful - that's why the inspiration buff and single player versions were introduced in the first place. The same will happen with Mordor after the instance cluster launches. Udun will be a ghost town, and places like Durthang will become seriously nasty.

I'm not saying nerf the mobs, but some tweaking of mob density may well be needed

Quote Originally Posted by Beorthnoth View Post
    That's true, but only if you're in the first wave. I started 10 years ago, but about six months after launch. It was phenomenally difficult to get quest chains and even epic books finished when the mass of players were already much further on. Sitting on your hands for an hour trying to get a group to do, say, books 3 and 4 of volume 1 was painful - that's why the inspiration buff and single player versions were introduced in the first place. The same will happen with Mordor after the instance cluster launches. Udun will be a ghost town, and places like Durthang will become seriously nasty.

I'm not saying nerf the mobs, but some tweaking of mob density may well be needed
    It was difficult and impossible to do certain quest solo. The Books were fellowship based, now anyone can solo Black Book of Mordor or any other Mordor Landscape quest. While it is much harder than Walk in the park , the mindless 1 shooting Pre-Mordor. It cannot be compared now or to Angmar days. I love Mordor, It's mind blowing expansion as I said in review, but difficulty speaking strictly, No.

Angmar was at least 60 - 70% Fellowship based,especially North East Angmar which was extremely deadly for anyone. Anything else. Dol Dinen, impossible to solo on level,Annuminas full of Elite masters/Elites roaming, pull something you could only hope to survive and run.

Angmar was the zone as every zone should have been in reality as MMO-RPG. ,but it wasn't. It forced you to group. Now you have a choice. YOU CAN solo within Mordor , but you couldn't not solo Angmar, except those quests which were possible to solo. Any old player will know that. If you pulled 2 Elite trolls in Maethad at level 44-47 you'd be dead. Same goes for Nan Gurth,outskirts of Carn-Dum,well pretty much anything,.

I love Mordor a lot, but Angmar will always have that very special place in my heart. From every single region ever released Angmar required most of grouping and it was true end game region. The only one ever. (Landscape+Instances)

Vanilla was extremely limited time. No legendary weapons as well ,4k morale. In all these years when combining everything. Iron-home Angmar was the most lethal region for solo player. There were no room for mistakes in Angmar, it very often resulted in death.

Some players will never understand the difference between classes now and then. We had very little. No STORE,no Trait Trees,No Essence gear.One of the few examples. Enormous gameplay difference. Tons. Hunter 2007 and 2017. Its nearly not the same class, same goes for a Guardian F example. To sum it up we we sooo underpowered with so limited options to kill mobs. Now classes are super demi Gods , extremely versatile,super fast. Super in all. Super powered.

I do understand the waiting and frustration ,but most of the Fellowship Epic book quests in Vanilla were instance quests. A private encounter.Book III Was in North Downs I remember clearly and the part you had to kill Uruk Elite master and wait for respawn,etc... Book IV In Trollshaws, the Chapter 2 Find the missing Nazgul.. rider something. Cannot recall exactly.

We don't need any inspiration buffs. You should know that as very old veteran. You should know as well no matter how Mordor difficulty seems dreadful . It is soloable. Angmar Epic book quests or any other Epic book quest. F example The gates of Carn Dum. 1 player if engaged with 4 Elites would get crushed in matter of seconds.

Any class can solo Mordor, every single quest is soloable , some with significant effort in pain. No matter of your skill,gear and sheer force of will, Angmar wasn't soloable on level ~ Don't mistake me. There were solo quests, but those which were marked as fellow were indeed fellow.

And , there is something else. A lot of quests which weren't possible to solo are possible to solo now as Level 50. Level 50 class 2017 or level 50 2017 is totally incomparable.

It took ages to kill mobs, DPS was little, etc.... I can go all day long.
    Last edited by Ninky; Aug 17 2017 at 11:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninky View Post
    It was difficult and impossible to do certain quest solo. The Books were fellowship based, now anyone can solo Black Book of Mordor or any other Mordor Landscape quest. While it is much harder than Walk in the park , the mindless 1 shooting Pre-Mordor. It cannot be compared to Angmar days.

Angmar was at least 60 - 70% Fellowship based,especially North East Angmar which was extremely deadly for anyone.

Some players will never understand the difference between classes now and then. We had very little. No STORE,no Trait Trees,No Essence gear. Enormous gameplay difference. Tons. Hunter 2007 and 2017. Its nearly not the same class, same goes for Guardian F example.

I do understand the waiting and frustration ,but most of the Epic book quests in Vanilla were instance quests. A private encounter.Book III Was in North Downs I remember clearly and the part you had to kill Uruk Elite master and wait for respawn,etc...

We don't need any inspiration buffs. You should know that as very old veteran. You should know as well no matter how Mordor difficulty seems dreadful . It is soloable. Angmar Epic book quests or any other Epic book quest. F example The gates of Carn Dum. 1 player if engaged with 4 Elites would get crushed in matter of seconds.

You miss the point. The inspiration buff was introduced because players were finding it impossible to form groups once the majority of players moved on, pure and simple. For years, I had characters with incomplete book 2,3 and 4 of volume 1 (OK, not book 3 - you could go back and solo that at a much higher level). It was done to enable players to get stuff finished. I'm also not claiming Mordor is not soloable, but there are parts, like Durthang, which are extremely borderline, and possibly over it for some classes. Certainly for some players - always remember, one man's difficult is another's impossible. I don't see a little tweaking of mob density or respawn rates as a major problem down the line once the mass of players in an area has fallen sharply.

It was difficult and impossible to do certain quest solo. The Books were fellowship based, now anyone can solo Black Book of Mordor or any other Mordor Landscape quest. While it is much harder than Walk in the park , the mindless 1 shooting Pre-Mordor. It cannot be compared to Angmar days.

Angmar was at least 60 - 70% Fellowship based,especially North East Angmar which was extremely deadly for anyone.

Angmar was the zone every zone should have been,but it wasn't. It forced you to group. Now you have a choice. YOU CAN solo within Mordor , but you couldn't not solo Angmar, except those quests which were possible to solo. Any old player will know that. If you pulled 2 Elite trolls in Maethad at level 44-47 you'd be dead. Same goes for Nan Gurth,outskirts of Carn-Dum,well pretty much anything.

I love Mordor a lot, but Angmar will always have that very special place in my heart. From every single region ever released Angmar required most of grouping.

Some players will never understand the difference between classes now and then. We had very little. No STORE,no Trait Trees,No Essence gear.One of the few examples. Enormous gameplay difference. Tons. Hunter 2007 and 2017. Its nearly not the same class, same goes for a Guardian F example.

I do understand the waiting and frustration ,but most of the Fellowship Epic book quests in Vanilla were instance quests. A private encounter.Book III Was in North Downs I remember clearly and the part you had to kill Uruk Elite master and wait for respawn,etc... Book IV In Trollshaws, I belive in the Chapter 2 Find the missing Nazgul.. rider something. Cannot recall exactly.

Any class can solo Mordor, every single quest is soloable , some with significant effort in pain. No matter of your skill,gear and sheer force of will, Angmar wasn't soloable on level ~ Don't mistake me. There were solo quests, but those which were marked as fellow were indeed fellow.

I really miss those days. Playing as a guardian was a real pain back then.
    From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
    A light from the shadows shall spring;
    Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
    The crownless again shall be king.

Quote Originally Posted by wispsong View Post
    I put my comments in the quote. Btw, I read several comments that Mordor with the right gear and class really isn't so bad. Why make it gear dependent? Why do some classes have it way easier then other classes? Why do get some classes gear drop/rewards that help them and others not?

I don't have Mordor but picked up some tasks and made it to the second area on my 108 hunter with maxed dps legacy. It was better then on 106 without maxed legacy. So I guess I level to 115, get some gear from the AH and then start questing in Mordor. That will teach me how to play.

Edit: Another quest just came to mind which I saw recently a request for help for. East Gondor, Broadacres. There is this instance quest for the town that has been taken over which is marked solo but for some just not doable that way. I would have liked to help that person but since the quest giver died for me and the quest is not in the reflection pool I just couldn't. This is just frustrating especially since this quest blocks continuation in the zone.
    You know what? Based on your constant complaining about gear dependent landscape, why don't devs just delete the gear all together and make us to run around Mordor naked and with fishing sticks instead of weapons. Also while they're at it, they should create a superman skill for every class, which is a toggle skill and makes you invincible and when activated, instantly kills every mob in a 40m radius. That way Mordor will be easy enough for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerguc View Post
    You know what? Based on your constant complaining about gear dependent landscape, why don't devs just delete the gear all together and make us to run around Mordor naked and with fishing sticks instead of weapons. Also while they're at it, they should create a superman skill for every class, which is a toggle skill and makes you invincible and when activated, instantly kills every mob in a 40m radius. That way Mordor will be easy enough for everyone.
    QFT.
    Do I have to buy the godmode toggle in the store?

They can try and attempt such foolishness right now. Remove your gear and solo around with 100 Effective Shadow of Mordor debuff with The Ultimate title.

The Ultimate challenge.

What is funny as well that I know some people which I will not name now , they complained and whined about sooo easy mode landscape game. I want harder game! And Bang! With Mordor they want to 1 shoot everything again and collect their beautiful flowers

People are never happy

Last edited by Ninky; Aug 17 2017 at 12:15 PM.

No thank you. Quest rewards that help out for every class would be just fine. Also, forgive me, when I as a mediocre player in DA/flower gear get a little scared when t2cm raiders in BIS gear with BIS essences and a fully levelled filled with BIS legacies ILI surrounded by others like them in a player filled landscape say they like landscape because it actually makes them think. I never one shot anything that isn't below my level. Maybe you tell me what spell to use with every class for that. And some landscape is challenging for me on other classes when my hunter. And if it get challenging on her then my other characters wont even try. Enjoy Mordor. I don't mind waiting.

To expect everybody to enjoy the same aspects of the game as you do or to constantly min/max, run everything just with the goal of advancement, expecting everybody to be as skillful as you is arrogant. There is a reason why T2cm raiders are just a minority of the whole player base. I wouldn't even run the raid on T1 unless it is below level. And most of my comments were based on what others have mentioned in other threads from discrepancy in valuable drops for every class to class dependent difficulty, RNG dependency and how the LoE gear makes things a lot easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Beorthnoth View Post

And this is also why we have a significant cohort of people who prefer to solo and have geared to solo because that is effectively all that was/is on offer for much of their content. They didn't learn group skills because the opportunities were minimal etc. etc. The shelf life of zones back in SoA and Moria was greater wrt ease of grouping, maybe that was due in some part to a generally bigger population in game idk. It was possible to decently gear several alts back then through play but now you'd be struggling with 2 or 3 before the next newest thing opens.
    Must remember to engage brain before using keyboard

Quote Originally Posted by Khazneh1 View Post
    I did it all solo, got to 115 and complete all the quests and the Black Book of Mordor. I'm working on taking another class through now.
    Yes I died a few times, but each time I did I learnt something about the tactics I needed to use.
    A lot of Mordor requires you to use many of your class skills, so you just need to know your character. With classes I don't know as well as my main, then I will group with kinnies.
    You can't just walk into encounters in Mordor, you need to engage brain first.
    I really enjoy it.
    But this is how landscape should be. the need to learn your class . not as before walking through the sunshine, picking flowers and if a mop appears oneshot him.
    As you said there is nothing difficult in Mordor you jst have to know your class if you don´t learn it and you will succeed.

No thank you. Quest rewards that help out for every class would be just fine. Also, forgive me, when I as a mediocre player in DA/flower gear get a little scared when t2cm raiders in BIS gear with BIS essences and a fully levelled filled with BIS legacies ILI surrounded by others like them in a player filled landscape say they like landscape because it actually makes them think. I never one shot anything that isn't below my level. Maybe you tell me what spell to use with every class for that. And some landscape is challenging for me on other classes when my hunter. And if it get challenging on her then my other characters wont even try. Enjoy Mordor. I don't mind waiting.

To expect everybody to enjoy the same aspects of the game as you do or to constantly min/max, run everything just with the goal of advancement, expecting everybody to be as skillful as you is arrogant. There is a reason why T2cm raiders are just a minority of the whole player base. I wouldn't even run the raid on T1 unless it is below level. And most of my comments were based on what others have mentioned in other threads from discrepancy in valuable drops for every class to class dependent difficulty, RNG dependency and how the LoE gear makes things a lot easier.
    Oh my god, you just don't want to see the point do you? I never once said that I was a raider and that my chairs were equiped with the best gear the game had to offer before I entered mordor. I was away from the end of january and only came back a few weeks ago. Only my main had somewhat better than average gear (throne T1 armour and flower jewellery) and by the time I got to lvl 109, I swaped almost all of my gear for the quest gear/random landscape drops. And it was good enough to get me to lvl115. Captain and LM had only flower gear, which isn't really as bad as you're pointing it out to be. Stack mits and finesse essences and you'll live. And even though it was challenging at first, once you get those 3-4 pieces of LoE gear it gets considerably easier. Not to even mention that you're saying so yourself (about the LoE gear) on one hand and then slating the difficulty on the other. It's a two way street.

Also if your main is a hunter then I don't really need to add anything else. There are pictures in this thread that show just how easy hunters have it these days.

Ohhh boy and now here we go again, talking about minorities. There's a good reason why the game has seen the best years of it's existence (Shadows of Angmar and Mines of Moria) simply because of that 'minority' you're so loudly talking about. And because that 'minority' has gotten smaller and smaller now look where we are. Just remind me how many years it has been since HD xpac? There's a good reason why we had to wait so long for another expansion.
    Last edited by Jerguc; Aug 17 2017 at 01:58 PM.

They can try and attempt such foolishness right now. Remove your gear and solo around with 100 Effective Shadow of Mordor debuff with The Ultimate title.

The Ultimate challenge.

What is funny as well that I know some people which I will not name now , they complained and whined about sooo easy mode landscape game. I want harder game! And Bang! With Mordor they want to 1 shoot everything again and collect their beautiful flowers

People are never happy

I agree.

I know a few of them aswell.

I'm just sad that so few of us who started playing back in 2007-2008 are still here.
    Last edited by Jerguc; Aug 17 2017 at 06:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverangel View Post
    I said *prohibitive* grouping requirements for the main story. I didn't say 2 people. Having to spam world chat in the absence of an industry-standard grouping tool is somewhat prohibitive in itself.
    industry standard... lotro players wouldn't populate the instance finder when it was a way to form a group. They might these days but I kinda doubt it. Thorog farms use the IF to populate their groups. Its not the tool its the ToolBehind. I see many calls for farms in mordor, group content (this morning was skumfil 58+) FI... on Arkenstone. Groups get filled... if you want to be in one shouldn't be a problem. Ok its a little bit of a problem but if you are playing from Tibet and wish to join a fs you'll have to be on when the fs people are logged in.

I didn't say all grouping is elitist. I meant that developing to only let raiders finish the main story, like in Rift, is elitist developing.

Rift ended 50 levels of main storyline with 3 required raids to finish the main story and get the end rewards. That was stupid.
    that was almost 10 years ago. how about something within the last 5 years.
    I've always said that devs should not try to please everyone, and this is why. Because of Rift (please god don't scale it) and the rest of the SoA trinity you have solo'd instances. Because of people /waaa'ing over group landscape questing you got skirmishes. People /waaa'd over skirms too. Because of raising level caps, you got Big Battles: who wants to do stuff alone at level 14 when you could join yer level capped friends in a big battle? Be !#$#&%$ careful what you /waa about.

I didn't say everything should be soloable.

I didn't say I don't want to group. I like grouping in general. I play a captain.

Casuals vs. Mordor is a big deal for the game right now, though. So this is a good dialog.
    I AoV'd 2 characters. I have a lot of alts...
    I had 4 level capped toons before Mordor. Now I have 6.
    I'm not having much problems with any of them. Of course I don't have time to actually level them through to 115 atm. I'll get there.
    I have a captain. She's died. She's 106.
    I have 2 hunters: one is a taxi. The main is level 108. The taxi is working on getting guide to Udun. As a taxi she gets credit for stuff if she doesn't actually have to pick anything up.
    I have a level 105 Guard. She hasn't spent much time doing anything as she is slow... But she hasn't died in mordor yet. And yes, there have been possibilities, potential deaths.
    I have AoV'd LM. Her pet is awesome in blue line. She is 106. She is in and out of Mordor as she needs to farm SoE cuz she's using a TA staff and book. *taps guilded scholar on the shoulder*
    I have an AoV'd warden. She is level 106. She is doing better than I thought. She makes me want to nerf wardens cuz if I can kill 2 or 3 mobs (not uruks) in Udun with 2 TA LI and hero's gear (no LoE) anyone can.

Yes, I'm not level capped on any of those and I haven't been to the more interesting parts of Mordor, yet. I fs with another person when she is on. I also solo. Nothing is impossible to me. Certainly its not easy mode, either. I was a bit skeptical at first, as I'd been in beta for more than a weekend. I have rediscovered the skill DF on my hunter. I am a yellow line cappy, in good standing. My LM will be blue line til level cap. My warden... I dunno. I just ram my head on the keyboard til things are dead. I don't pay attention to gear. I did enough of that on DAoC. It drove me crazy. I'll get what I need, eventually. Until then it will be difficult. Not impossible. I'll group with my kin when I can and they are grouping up. I can play for hrs in a group. I actually fell asleep on my lm trying to kill an enforcer... solo. Pet finished him off I think. I dunno. I was asleep
    Sig looked hideous so I sent it to its room. It can come back and
    show off after it has thought about what it did.

Quote Originally Posted by Aedfrith View Post
    It's not as extreme as that if you know your class, though I despair if you're an LM or Guard, but there are some big issues here:

1. Uruks/Half-trolls have always had excessive and unremovable CC effects, especially when the induction circle on the ground smash doesn't show up.
    There are some areas of Mordor where I simply cannot solo with my RK because the uruks are densely packed with 2 or 3 attacking at once. Long redline inductions means I am stunned and then dead before I get enough DPS in. RKs kind of have a 'warm up' time for get DPS going. The only way I can do those areas solo is to kill one, and the other one or two left kills me, and then I run back fast and kill another and so on trying to beat the respawn. Smaller or less dense groups of hard hitting mobs or having these mobs hit a little less hard would help make some of these areas more survivable for a RK. I watch hunters with similar DPS facerolling these mobs because they don't have to wait for inductions to start the damage. If I go along with another person, these uruks are all dead and fast because I have enough DPS. It's the stuns when going solo...

Is SSG trying to force RK to use lightning? Lightning DPS doesn't hold a candle to fire DPS and I'd rather not switch traits constantly. There are some RK stuns in redline but they don't last longer than a decent fire induction so the mobs can still stun you after 1 or 2 skills and then they finish you off.

40% mits, 25% resist, 50k health. Death by uruk over and over again. They just hit really hard, gang up and stun for a long time.

Other than that, I am fine in Mordor. I hate the groups of uruks.

*edit* Do any RK know how to deal with groups of mobs who can do long stuns and stay redline? Please advise.

Quote Originally Posted by bitwisedandee View Post
    There are some areas of Mordor where I simply cannot solo with my RK because the uruks are densely packed with 2 or 3 attacking at once. Long redline inductions means I am stunned and then dead before I get enough DPS in. RKs kind of have a 'warm up' time for get DPS going. The only way I can do those areas solo is to kill one, and the other one or two left kills me, and then I run back fast and kill another and so on trying to beat the respawn. Smaller or less dense groups of hard hitting mobs or having these mobs hit a little less hard would help make some of these areas more survivable for a RK. I watch hunters with similar DPS facerolling these mobs because they don't have to wait for inductions to start the damage. If I go along with another person, these uruks are all dead and fast because I have enough DPS. It's the stuns when going solo...

Is SSG trying to force RK to use lightning? Lightning DPS doesn't hold a candle to fire DPS and I'd rather not switch traits constantly. There are some RK stuns in redline but they don't last longer than a decent fire induction so the mobs can still stun you after 1 or 2 skills and then they finish you off.

40% mits, 25% resist, 50k health. Death by uruk over and over again. They just hit really hard, gang up and stun for a long time.

Ya, perhaps they are forcing you to use Lighting yellow line. If you cannot adapt to yellow line or doesn't not work with red then you must group. If you don't wish to group than than roll out a new class. If you don't wish to roll a new class than find a new game. This is not directed to you, but your post gave me an idea for rest hating Mordor.

Being honest

[QUOTE=bitwisedandee;*edit* Do any RK know how to deal with groups of mobs who can do long stuns and stay redline? Please advise.[/QUOTE]

When I encounter those groups, I switch to Yellow. At least then I can fight Stun with Stun.
    Member of the Vocal Minority

It sounds to me (TO ME) like you are saying you want to have the game the way you want to play and to hell with the rest of us. I'm not a raider. I have done raid content and for the most part I'm so bad I cause the rest of the raid (who graciously allowe me along) to fail, only to succeed once I'm replaced. So I think I know about casual. I've been playing since open beta and the first time I reached the (then) level cap was level 65. I had to play one character like I was clocking in at work. It wasn't all that fun. It was exciting to actually do it before RoI and that made me happy.

I now have to figure out how to get 6 toons through mordor to level cap. I'll be lucky to get one there. If the game is dumbed down for us then there will be no players left as we are in a special minority. Suck it up and learn how to get through Mordor or find someone to group with. <<that is arrogant.
    Sig looked hideous so I sent it to its room. It can come back and
    show off after it has thought about what it did.

Ya, perhaps they are forcing you to use Lighting yellow line. If you cannot adapt to yellow line or doesn't not work with red then you must group. If you don't wish to group than than roll out a new class. If you don't wish to roll a new class than find a new game. This is not directed to you, but your post gave me an idea for rest hating Mordor.

Being honest
    Don't be a jerk. I'm fine with Mordor in general. I am genuinely looking for advice on how to deal with the stuns as a redline RK.

Quote Originally Posted by JeauxLOTR View Post
    When I encounter those groups, I switch to Yellow. At least then I can fight Stun with Stun.
    Thanks. I have been using yellow on cargul. I'll play around with it more on the uruks as well. I watch hunters facerolling through Mordor and get sad tho. I miss being toe to toe with them for highest DPS ;D.

There is nothing in Mordor that can't be solo'd. It's definitely tougher than what everyone is used to, but it is in no way impossible. The hardest part is when you first come in at 105, because you are fighting mobs of higher level and dealing with the Shadow debuff. In addition to that, you will be dealing with B/P/E if you didn't prepare for it. In general, you are gonna deal with this till you get about halfway through Udun. At that point, you should have received some quest reward gear and leveled, which will bring the B/P/E and Shadow debuff to manageable levels. You may even have gotten a few good drops, but my experience is of almost all of them having stats useless to me, so they became Ash. You still will be dealing with some over-level mobs, but its no longer as prevalent. From that point on, depending on class, the difficulty will slowly throttle back as your stats get better. You'll still have some places that are tougher, due to mob density and make-up, but in general, things aren't as difficult.

The biggest way to combat the extra early difficulty is knowing your class/skills and playing smart. Is that orc you are about to pull gonna bring a friend? Two? FIVE? Is one of his friends a Sig or Elite? Know what skills your gonna use depending on what happens. Have a strategy for different scenarios off that pull. By doing this the difficulty will still be there, but you will be managing and overcoming it.

For those saying Hunter is suddenly OP, I'm not so sure. I think its more a case of landscape playing right into our wheelhouse. Hunter is a burst ranged ST DPS class, especially in blue spec. And that is exactly what landscape content plays to, no matter the difficulty. Even before U19, when Hunters were junk, we wrecked landscape better than most. Lets see how things go once the instances and raid come out. Because in reality, that's what they try to balance the classes to. That's when we'll get a good view of where the classes stand in relation to each other. Ironically, that's when Vastin said they'd look at balance. Funny how that works.
    CAANWICK - Wardenist - Make Wardens Great Again!!! / CAANJOB - The Ettenmoors' worst Burglar / CAANJAAL - Hunter
    "If you find yourself in a fair fight, you've already lost!"
    Redemption-Landroval; Du Bekar-Arkenstone; TBD-Gladden

Quote Originally Posted by CDingler View Post
    There is nothing in Mordor that can't be solo'd. It's definitely tougher than what everyone is used to, but it is in no way impossible. The hardest part is when you first come in at 105, because you are fighting mobs of higher level and dealing with the Shadow debuff. In addition to that, you will be dealing with B/P/E if you didn't prepare for it. In general, you are gonna deal with this till you get about halfway through Udun. At that point, you should have received some quest reward gear and leveled, which will bring the B/P/E and Shadow debuff to manageable levels. You may even have gotten a few good drops, but my experience is of almost all of them having stats useless to me, so they became Ash. You still will be dealing with some over-level mobs, but its no longer as prevalent. From that point on, depending on class, the difficulty will slowly throttle back as your stats get better. You'll still have some places that are tougher, due to mob density and make-up, but in general, things aren't as difficult.

The biggest way to combat the extra early difficulty is knowing your class/skills and playing smart. Is that orc you are about to pull gonna bring a friend? Two? FIVE? Is one of his friends a Sig or Elite? Know what skills your gonna use depending on what happens. Have a strategy for different scenarios off that pull. By doing this the difficulty will still be there, but you will be managing and overcoming it.

For those saying Hunter is suddenly OP, I'm not so sure. I think its more a case of landscape playing right into our wheelhouse. Hunter is a burst ranged ST DPS class, especially in blue spec. And that is exactly what landscape content plays to, no matter the difficulty. Even before U19, when Hunters were junk, we wrecked landscape better than most. Lets see how things go once the instances and raid come out. Because in reality, that's what they try to balance the classes to. That's when we'll get a good view of where the classes stand in relation to each other. Ironically, that's when Vastin said they'd look at balance. Funny how that works.
    But it was said the first part should be the easiest in the devs difficulty proclamation, so it seems the rest needs a buff that the" entryhall" even without the light and vs higher will get the easiest

*edit* Do any RK know how to deal with groups of mobs who can do long stuns and stay redline? Please advise.
    I hit 115 just this week on my RK but haven't finished all the quests yet. Currently in the last zone.

I have been using both red and yellow lines for landscape. Both times I have traited for the yellow runestone that stuns and slows any mobs around it. It's a realy lifesaver.

Usually start pulling with essay and immediately drop the rock about 5m infront of me (if the mobs I'm pulling are mostly melee) or ontop of archers/defilers. It all depends on how many mobs are there. Can pretty much burn down at least 1 80k mob before they reach me (essay + fiery ridicule, + writ + distracting flame + writ + smoulder, occasional searing words proc) and then start essay on the 2nd mob (either a stunned melee or ranged). After essay I drop another rock on whichever mobs didn't get the first one (cos they get 10s immunity afterwards). If things get realy dicy you can daze a melee and/or stun a ranged using lighting skills (shocking touch and shocking words) while applying dots and self healing (self motivation). Use the terrain to your advantage, try to break line of sight of ranged mobs etc.

If all that fails, you can do a few other things pre-combat to give you even more survivability:
    Switch to lighting traits, drop a rock (for attunement) and then use concession and rebuttal (-20% incoming damage for about 3mins), then switch back to fire traits and start pulling.
    You have 9 seconds before CaR buff expires out of combat so plenty of time to use essay for pulling.

Alternatively you can switch to healing traits and drop the fates stone for -60% inc dmg for 20sec and switch back to fire. Could also use a bubble on yourself in addition to the stone for a couple thousand extra morale.

Combining both of these also works. Just do the lighting swap first and then the healing swap before starting the pull in fire traits. There is enough time if you're fast enough.

With this you are basically invincible for the first 15 seconds of combat which means you have plenty of time to kill at the very least 2 mobs, possibly 3 if you get lucky searing word procs (or smoulder crits). Keep using the lighting rock after that and you can quite easily take on 5-6 enemies at a time.
    Former resident of Withywindle now settling in on Laurelin :D

The Bandits Raid Alliance - Laurelin
    http://thebandits.guildlaunch.com/

Trait for lightning stone in red line. It gives a nasty aoe slow to everyone in its aura and has a 3s stun. Can typically dot up the enemies and kite if needed with the runestone.
    Eredor-Champion, Ereworn-Minstrel, Ereshorn-Runekeeper, Eresworn-Hunter, Eremourn-Burglar, Erehorn-Captain, Erelorn-Warden, Eretorn-Lore-Master, Erescorn-Guardian... And Erecorn-Master Farmer

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast