We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Mordor delayed

Quote Originally Posted by CheekySig View Post
    That's what people are angry and disappointed at.

The blatant lying and deceit to push a narrative or sell a product.

It's foul play
    If that's how you interpret/parse a downtime notice using essentially the same language, copied and pasted from every prior downtime notice. . . my goodness.

I just can't imagine how you can continue to do business with a company whose communications you parse thusly. How do you do so and continue to respect yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by TUHD View Post
    With something like LOTRO which still should have hundreds of thousands of income, if not millions, each year
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurin View Post
    But then again, I'm not invested in finding fault wherever I can like so many seem to be.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA oh where is that youtube video of that guy laughing hysterically when ya need it....

Just to clarify, we're disagreeing over what constitutes #2. I think they *did* do #2 and that "if all goes well" was obvious and understood by all. I did not mean that such language needed to be included with #2. You seem to think they needed to spell that out. And, in hindsight, judging by the parsing going on in the community as we speak, that very well may have been a good idea.

But, nevertheless, I find the focus on the posting of the downtime notice to be odd. For reasons just posted prior.
    You know what you get when you assume... and yes, I do think they needed to spell it out. You're reading a whole lot into statements made by the devs and given how much you're reading into those statements, you should understand why people who take them at their words are upset.
    Gyes, et al
    Monarch, Paladins of Asheron
    Arkenstone

Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    Forum moderation has been noticeably absent the last week at least. Hopefully, that is purely because of how busy they are with Mordor and it will return soon.
    It has been absent, which is a real shame.

In game screen still invites players to join the forums and be part of the community, but it is not easy when the place is in flame .
    Amorey - Bard of the Shire

If that's how you interpret/parse a downtime notice using essentially the same language, copied and pasted from every prior downtime notice. . . my goodness.

I just can't imagine how you can continue to do business with a company whose communications you parse thusly. How do you do so and continue to respect yourself?
    I don't do business with this garage-operated business anymore, sadly.

It's not just this one time, it's the avoiding/fluffing important questions while twitch streaming and just basic politician-like play.

no me gusta.

Because at that point every indication was that they were launching as planned on Monday. And if they didn't specify the time for the publishing downtime, you or others would be on the forums all weekend saying: "When are the servers going down!?! Why aren't you telling us!?! Is it delayed!?! I bet it's delayed! SSG doesn't communicate!"
    Like I said, doesn't really concern me, however I always saw August 31st as their latest date of release, anything before that was a bonus right up till Friday that is.

They had plenty of options to avoid this though, why restrict themselves so much with time in the first place? Why are they in the situation they are carrying out deep resting hours before release?
    Why not foresee a potential issue early last week and say "we are planning downtime to release Mordor on Monday, however we have some testing due this weekend, if all goes well the downtime will go ahead as planned"

Or better still last week they could have said "as we said earlier we aimed to release Mordor on the 31st however we still have some testing to do this weekend and to avoid any potential disappointment we have decided to delay the release a further week, this is still subject to further change but see no reason why our latest release date of 31st Aug will not be made"

They shot themselves in the foot by pushing for unrealistic goals without talking to the community during the process and it backfired.

Quote Originally Posted by Urthas View Post
    Borgorid of Arkenstone - Leithiani Officer

Your opinion is about as good and relevant as your kin in the moors.
    What does the moors have to do with any of this?
    Borgorid of Arkenstone
    r11 - Champ , r8 - Mini,

Quote Originally Posted by Gyes View Post
    You know what you get when you assume... and yes, I do think they needed to spell it out. You're reading a whole lot into statements made by the devs and given how much you're reading into those statements, you should understand why people who take them at their words are upset.
    On the contrary. I'm not the one reading anything into that statement other than that they were planning on launching the game on Monday.

It is those eager to feel betrayed and outraged that are reading things into that downtime notice. They're reading into it that all testing has completed, that no delays remain possible, etc.

It's not just this one time, it's the avoiding/fluffing important questions while twitch streaming and just basic politician-like play.

Hey, at least they answered my question about whether Cordovan is going to color his beard. Really appreciate the interaction between players and the staff!

Quote Originally Posted by bobbylobs View Post
    Your 3rd attempt at high school?

Your first stay in a correction centre?

Community service?

A scooby doo 6 piece jigsaw puzzle after 3 months of trying?
    Thank god I was not drinking something when I read this. HAHAHAHAHA LMAO@ the last one. OMG! that is a riot. HAHAHAHAHA

I don't do business with this garage-operated business anymore, sadly.

no me gusta.
    So you don't play the game and come to these forums just to bash a VIDEO GAME and the developers? My comment you need serious help applies again. So you cry about a poster "harassing" you but it's perfectly fine for you to harass developers of a VIDEO GAME you don't play? And people like kick and his sidekicks defend you? Yeah no wonder why nobody comes to these forums anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Gromit1710 View Post
    What does the moors have to do with any of this?
    WhAt dOeS mOoRs HaVe tO dO wItH tHiS?

Svin/Earaendil

Courtesy of Spilo, official LOTRO streamer!!!

On the contrary. I'm not the one reading anything into that statement other than that they were planning on launching the game on Monday.
    Yeah, you just did it again. You added the word "planning" where it didn't exist. Nowhere do they say "We are planning to release..". They've always said "We are going to release...". There is a significant difference. Maybe they meant to say they planned to release, but that's not what they wrote.
    Gyes, et al
    Monarch, Paladins of Asheron
    Arkenstone

Your 3rd attempt at high school?

Your first stay in a correction centre?

Community service?

A scooby doo 6 piece jigsaw puzzle after 3 months of trying?
    Cute list of your 2017 accomplishments so far this year. I bet your mommy is super proud of you.

Haha, I don't think its a big deal. Expected actually. Always something crops up. I'm guessing it'll drop by Thursday.

Like I said, doesn't really concern me, however I always saw August 31st as their latest date of release, anything before that was a bonus right up till Friday that is.

They had plenty of options to avoid this though, why restrict themselves so much with time in the first place? Why are they in the situation they are carrying out deep resting hours before release?
    Why not foresee a potential issue early last week and say "we are planning downtime to release Mordor on Monday, however we have some testing due this weekend, if all goes well the downtime will go ahead as planned"

Or better still last week they could have said "as we said earlier we aimed to release Mordor on the 31st however we still have some testing to do this weekend and to avoid any potential disappointment we have decided to delay the release a further week, this is still subject to further change but see no reason why our latest release date of 31st Aug will not be made"

They shot themselves in the foot by pushing for unrealistic goals without talking to the community during the process and it backfired.
    They had already assured us that they would delay it if necessary. Guess what, they just delayed it. Your need to have several repetitions of that is only predicated upon your insistence now that the downtime notice was some ironclad guarantee that the launch was happening, and thus. . . we are all betrayed and SSG has embarrassed themselves oh so much!

Meh, they missed their release date. They will be upset at themselves for that. As I said, I doubt these over-wrought parsings in 20/20 hindsight are even going to register with them. They published the downtime notice. Oh noes.

I miss Sapience. I know it's an unpopular opinion but in all honesty, he was better than what we have now.

A lot of people weren't crazy about him but at least he talked to the community regularly. You may not have liked what he said but he kept people informed and interacted with them.

And, for the most part, at least his Youtube videos and livestreams were actually informative.
    Tolella Hlothran ~ Minstrel ~ 115
    Crickhollow
    Officer ~ Phoenix Rising

Must've struck a nerve with my post. I am sorry. I think what happened (once again) was unprofessional and ridiculous, but that's my personal opinion.

As for the rest of my post: Nothing but facts

If you wanna sit here on your high horse and try to tell people they are reading too much into patch notes that clearly state servers are going down for Mordor Launch, that is certainly your prerogative

Quote Originally Posted by xxSniperxx View Post
    Courtesy of Spilo, official LOTRO streamer!!!

10/10 laughed at the Sarah McLoughlin and starving devs
    Svin/Earaendil

Quote Originally Posted by Tdmaha1998 View Post
    Nope they can ban me from the forums wouldn't bother me a bit. You don't get banned from the game because of forum activity.
    "Violations of the community guidelines can lead to disciplinary action against your forum account, including but not limited to the permanent removal of your forum privileges and/or game account (Banning)."
    https://lotro.com/en/content/community-guidelines

Quote Originally Posted by Tdmaha1998 View Post
    Cute list of your 2017 accomplishments so far this year. I bet your mommy is super proud of you.
    Ah bless, you used my joke back on me, that's sweet, I'll take it as a compliment. If you need any more material let me now and I'll pass you some through private messages so it doesnt look so desperate.

Quote Originally Posted by Urthas View Post
    WhAt dOeS mOoRs HaVe tO dO wItH tHiS?
    You're delightfully immature. Kudos.
    Borgorid of Arkenstone
    r11 - Champ , r8 - Mini,

Quote Originally Posted by Amorey View Post
    It has been absent, which is a real shame.

In game screen still invites players to join the forums and be part of the community, but it is not easy when the place is in flame .
    The rampant inappropriate behavior is disgusting and its a real shame the people who are supposed to be responsible for keeping this kind of trash in check aren't doing so. You'd think this would have been handled immediately, and it likely has, but it seems to be some people's prerogative to ignore warnings when/if they've been given. After Cordovan admitted that they're investigating some kind of supposed black ops troll-ring, I was under the impression they took this kind of thing very seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Gyes View Post
    Yeah, you just did it again. You added the word "planning" where it didn't exist. Nowhere do they say "We are planning to release..". They've always said "We are going to release...". There is a significant difference. Maybe they meant to say they planned to release, but that's not what they wrote.
    You don't read that back to yourself and not see that as pedantic?

They always said they'd delay if necessary. We knew testing was still happening. A downtime notice is not a notarized, ironclad guarantee that the publish is happening. Nor does it obviate either of the two prior known facts. Whether "planning" was in the downtime announcement or not.

Sheesh, I've sent out plenty of maintenance/downtime notices. Never, upon having to cancel one, has anyone ever called me up and said: "Hey! You didn't say that you were planning to take the servers down. You said that you were going to do so. Why are you such a big liar and meanie!?!"

--H

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast