We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 96
  1. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Memes View Post
    i should have known some casual would fail to see the point

    beorning was a carrot they dangled and the players ofc fell for it and bought it even though its subpar at every role it tries to fulfill and has bugs that will never get fixed because "its not a priority".

    remember how they hyped up beorning? same thing is happening with high elf except this time it costs real money and doesn't have any worthwhile racial features

    what a joke! $80 and you get never-before-seen running and jumping animations, pre-order today!
    How else would you present a new race with an expansion? that don't have much else to show and no i didn't fail to see the point, cause The high elf is just a race, the Beorning is a different bait/carrot cause it a newer class as well people buy it for the class mainly cause the boerning can only be a beorning, where the high elf can just be any class, so i don't see how people are falling for a High elf race as carrot bait when no new class, people will play it cause they like the look of it and fact all classes the same if you play High elf. I fail to see how this is bait.
    Pontin Level 140 Hobbit Burglar Leader of Second Breakfast Crickhollow Server.
    other classes: Minstrel, Guardian, Captain, Hunter.

    Taken many Screenshots of Middle-earth, Also a Moderator of the LotRO Community Discord server

  2. #27
    Someone is spending a great deal of time and energy mocking High Elves. The OP protests too much, methinks.

    Perhaps a bit of disappointment that the High Elf animation is not more "prancy" and "haughty"?

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    698
    I guess pvp forum pvping isn't quite as entertaining as it used to be.

  4. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Memes View Post
    you're the cattle i was talking about in my last post
    Moooo...I guess




    i disagree. the sooner it dies, the better it will be
    Thanks for showing the real reason you started this thread in the first place....

    the future is mobile
    ....and for the laugh
    Last edited by Amorey; Jul 27 2017 at 11:47 AM.
    Amorey - Bard of the Shire

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    15,083
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Memes View Post


    nobody here called the devs or production team names, what are you talking about?
    You're title does - click bait or not. You're use of the word casual throughout the entirety of your post is the prime definition of bait. Good job nobody cares to fish.
    Sometimes, no matter how hard you look, there is no best light.


  6. #31
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    352
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Memes View Post
    all of this because of a silly kin name that nobody has ever heard of
    Your wrong...

  7. #32
    The high elf is a joke and I considered it such from the first day I heard it was announced because I knew that the race would bring only some cosmetic differences and eventually some racial traits that don't really matter much in the endgame. At least not enough to re-roll something and get all the gear, traits, virtues, etc. for it.

    So people should pay 80 USD for dancing and a jump and roll animation? No, thank you. The control of their body is greater, but I don't remember them having some insance amounts of bonus to agility to actually reinforce that statement. Create a high elf and just join a balet group, like some are already planing.

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    136
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    Drop it right there and back up a bit please. Casual Wanderers is an active leveling group on Crickhollow.
    oh no! i was just about to take you seriously until you said Crickhollow

    Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    The word "casual" came from our casual meeting here on the forum, and from that, growing a kinship that is anything but casual.
    so let me get this straight. a kinship that formed casually, has "Casual" in its name, plays on Crickhollow, and they say they aren't casuals? LMAO

    Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    We have good numbers and we're very active in all the walks of the game, 7 days a week.
    typical casual kin defence. tell me how much you pvp then, you casual

    Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    And even if we werent, being casual is fine.
    is it tho? is it, Arnenna? IS IT?

    Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    There are a lot of casual players in the game.
    yeah, thats why the game is dying. casuals dont bring in as much money as pvpers and raiders do

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    136
    Quote Originally Posted by peachy16 View Post
    Your wrong...
    you can't just say that i'm wrong and not explain why

    i bet you just said that but you really have nothing to say because you know that i'm right, is that correct?

  10. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Memes View Post


    yeah, thats why the game is dying. casuals dont bring in as much money as pvpers and raiders do
    Another troll? people have been saying the game is dying for years trolling, if it was why is the game still around?... have fun trolling with "The Game is Dying"...
    Pontin Level 140 Hobbit Burglar Leader of Second Breakfast Crickhollow Server.
    other classes: Minstrel, Guardian, Captain, Hunter.

    Taken many Screenshots of Middle-earth, Also a Moderator of the LotRO Community Discord server

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    136
    Quote Originally Posted by Pontin_Finnberry View Post
    Another troll? people have been saying the game is dying for years if was why is the game still around?... have fun trolling with "The Game is Dying"...
    i know things that you do not know, let's put it that way

    ask the people in your Second Breakfast kinship on Crickhollow about how much money they spend on a yearly basis.

    odds are those numbers will pale in comparison to someone who pvps/raids and needs the latest gear every update/expansion so they always have VIP running and always buy content in order to continue doing endgame content.

    guess who doesn't have to pay for VIP and can buy expansions with the saved 500 monthly LP? lifetimers. guess what the majority of lifetimers are? casual.

    logic proves that pvpers/raiders are the biggest possible source of money. end of story

  12. #37
    How else will this game bring in revenue? For years they've shunned people who raid and pvp, so many of them have left to other games that have worthwhile content and that don't funnel their earnings into other games like DDO. So now most of what's left are people who cling to the hope things will get better (though the game seems to be nearing it's end, I don't think it has even 3 more years), those who are blissful ignorant and unaware of how much better this game used to be, and those who will defend the game until their dying breath (they could release a cosmetic poo hat and these people would defend it). So, they rake in a meager amount of money from those who pay subscriptions, or the casuals who buy every store cosmetic and dye to role play as pumpkins in the shire. They need more money than that, and they know some players will return for the Mordor expansion, which is more money (130 dollars for the content and some cosmetics, don't get me started). So what else can they do to rake in more money? Add another class! It worked well when they released the Beorning, tons of people bought it, only to regret the decision since it's lackluster and has no real place. So why not repeat the process again by releasing the high elf. It'll surely bring in revenue they lost from letting this game grow stagnant and fester. Surely it won't be buggy and they'll work on fixing it right away, just as they have with the Beorning and everything else in the game! Right?


    So there you have it kiddos, go out and buy the definitely not overpriced expansion of a 10 year old game that has many people dedicated to fixing and maintaining it.


    But hey, if casuals wanna spend 130 dollars on it so they can have a cool armor cosmetic and a horse to go to the party tree in the shire with for festivals, let em.
    Svin/Earaendil

  13. #38
    Try to see it from another perspective.

    A new feature is being introduced (the HE), which is not mandatory to use.
    The new race does not greatly affect gameplay, though he gets some useful quirks.
    It has new animations, which some will like; some others may dislike; some others may just be indifferent.
    It could also open new RP opportunities.

    Either you are interested, or you are not.
    If you are, you shouldn't smear the dev's work: you should make constructive criticism.
    Criticism about prices - for something that you could get for free in 5 months - is hardly constructive; yours might be, but I cannot come up with good reasons to be upset.
    LotRo business model is hard to maintain.

    If you aren't: rejoice! Other people will pay, will play HE, will dance and prance, and you'll be in a game where SSG has got a little more gas to power their future developments.
    You won't pay a penny. And you won't play a High Elf.
    Three fighters for the Free People under the sky
    Six less frequently used, on their benches of stone
    Nine they are in total, doomed to guild crafting
    One will never move from the oven, 'cause I can't play Burglar

  14. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by BangoTwinkletoes View Post
    Indeed. I am a casual player, but that's the result of wearing fashion sportswear circa 1981 and a perchance for organised football violence....
    Bango wins 'Niche reference of the day' award. I got it anyway.

    https://www.terraceoriginals.com/pag...h-lad-cultures


    Frankly, none of the raiders or PvPs would stand much chance against real 'Casuals'

    Yours sincerely,

    'Austin Reed'
    You wait.
    Time passes.
    Thorin sits down and starts singing about gold.

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    136
    Quote Originally Posted by Tancanspanc View Post
    Bango wins 'Niche reference of the day' award. I got it anyway.

    https://www.terraceoriginals.com/pag...h-lad-cultures


    Frankly, none of the raiders or PvPs would stand much chance against real 'Casuals'
    yes because making obscure references > making real points

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    983
    10 new animations, 5 new voice lines and a slightly taller model isn't worth any real money...an amateur animator could make all of that in an afternoon while chowing down on crumpets and shouting in a recording microphone.

    But people will be people, nothing can change their minds. They'll enjoy that kind of thing, but for me, money isn't there.

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    3,355
    Quote Originally Posted by BangoTwinkletoes View Post
    Simple solution. SSG, give us a check-box in options so that we can turn off everyone who is a high elf. Like we can turn off cosmetic pets and having emotes applied to us. That way, I can play the game without having to see HE's prancing around whilst they kills boars in Celondim.
    If anyone makes a High Elf hunter (not sure why you would, but still) I certainly hope they include this option, because I don't know how long I can stand watching that ridiculous "ballet" move everytime they shoot a bow.

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    43
    Quote Originally Posted by BangoTwinkletoes View Post
    Indeed. I am a casual player, but that's the result of wearing fashion sportswear circa 1981 and a perchance for organised football violence....
    Quote Originally Posted by Scirocco View Post
    Someone is spending a great deal of time and energy mocking High Elves. The OP protests too much, methinks.

    Perhaps a bit of disappointment that the High Elf animation is not more "prancy" and "haughty"?

    ROFL

    Joint winners of this thread I think!


  19. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Memes View Post

    making it sound like you must buy the high elf amirite? new animations!

    high elf > Mordor
    high elf > pve and pvp
    argumentum ad lapidem - describing a claim as absurd without demonstrating proof for its absurdity.

    they advertise more than they work on the update itself
    Hasty generalization fallacy - faulty generalization based on insufficient evidence

    gravity seems to affect them less.... brb going to pay $80 for that[/QUOTE]

    Ad hominem – attacking the arguer instead of the argument.
    -and-
    Appeal to ridicule – an argument made by presenting the opponent's argument in a way that makes it appear ridiculous.
    -and-
    Appeal to spite – a type of appeal to emotion where an argument is made through exploiting people's bitterness or spite towards an opposing party
    .
    Main: Corrien Lvl 115 Champ (Meneldor)
    Kinship Leader, Heirs of Gilgadad (started 2 weeks into Open Beta)
    Playing since Shadows of Angmar Gamestop pre-order Closed Beta

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,694
    Quote Originally Posted by DKenny View Post
    If anyone makes a High Elf hunter (not sure why you would, but still) I certainly hope they include this option, because I don't know how long I can stand watching that ridiculous "ballet" move everytime they shoot a bow.
    yeah, I watched a youtube video of someone putting a 115 HE hunter through its paces on bullroarer and I was thinking 'no, surely not'.

  21. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by BangoTwinkletoes View Post
    yeah, I watched a youtube video of someone putting a 115 HE hunter through its paces on bullroarer and I was thinking 'no, surely not'.
    *Watches video*

    *Also cannot quite believe his eyes*



    WTH, SSG. Is this the Jethro Tull school of archery or what?

  22. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Radhruin_EU View Post
    Is this the Jethro Tull school of archery or what?
    Hey, nothing wrong with Jethro Tull the HE hunter pose is a bit silly though, I agree on that

    Amorey - Bard of the Shire

  23. #48
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    1,428
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    Good job nobody cares to fish.
    You've been replying to him for two pages now...I'd say he's hooked you with his bait easily enough.

    Quote Originally Posted by Radhruin_EU View Post
    *Watches video*

    *Also cannot quite believe his eyes*
    Please tell me that has changed since build 2 on BR. If that goes live...

  24. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Radhruin_EU View Post
    WTH, SSG. Is this the Jethro Tull school of archery or what?
    Spluttered my coffee at the screen over that comment
    Must remember to engage brain before using keyboard

  25. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Amorey View Post
    the HE hunter pose is a bit silly though, I agree on that
    I agree to It is silly yes but i like it, there will be some who hate and some who like, its just all opinion overtime people will get over it
    Pontin Level 140 Hobbit Burglar Leader of Second Breakfast Crickhollow Server.
    other classes: Minstrel, Guardian, Captain, Hunter.

    Taken many Screenshots of Middle-earth, Also a Moderator of the LotRO Community Discord server

 

 
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload