We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Until a couple of days ago, if I had the money and had confirmation of what the relics actually are in the ultimate fanboy package, I would have begrudgingly bought two. Then I found out the most likely reason why the packages are priced the way they are, Daybreak Games (who used to be SOE). In my opinion, they are probably controlling the pricing, the lackluster inclusion of the High Elves and the Aria, and they could be behind every bad decision SSG has made in the last few years, as well as a few of the good ones. I am betting signing on Chance Thomas wouldn't have been possible without them, and that if we get a 64-bit client, I believe they will be the people that make it a possibility (which could end up very badly for some players).

At any rate, I am relieved to have had the decision out of my control at the moment, because I won't blindly put a dime into anything that the former SOE has even a hint of say in (and I believe they have near total control on this expansion). For me, they have to prove it is worth it first, then I will buy it if/when I can. If the ultimate bundle proves to be worth it, I will get two. If not, I will be saving/grinding LP to get the entirety for free.

Unfortunately, I am guessing those relics are yet another thing players can get for almost no effort in game, and so I may be waiting for the Executive Producers next letter, outlining exactly what plans SSG has for LotRO. IF they don't make it absolutely clear that the game isn't going to be totally revamped and that they aren't going to start pushing out buggier than their normal updates, then I will be sticking around. If they are vague and halfhearted in their commitment to LotRO, as they have been with the explanation of the expansion packages, my son would love to start playing another MMO.

Sure am holding back.

I don't care who owns it. I don't care who runs it. I only want to play it. I'm not gonna bite off my nose to spite my face. Mordor looks awesome. I've bought mine--yes, 7 of them.

I purchased the Mordor Ultimate bundle yesterday.

Though some may downplay all the other things that are going into it to focus on one or two key things (like the High Elves) it is actually a very good deal for all that you are receiving for the price. Some people may not want everything but it doesn't negate that they are getting those items and if they were to buy equivalent items in the store they would be paying about that price for them. I have no reason to believe that the Mordor related items would be set at different prices than what is on there now. Though they will inevitably put them on sale just like they do everything else.

To be honest I don't understand the negativity. It is an expansion and by adding high elves they are expanding the races you can play. Some say that since the elves are going to be leaving "what is the point?" But from a purely canon standpoint the ring hasn't been destroyed yet and many high elves are still in Middle Earth. From a gameplay perspective, and as far as I know, there are no plans to sunset this game either now or after Mordor is released. Though it would be a natural ending point, there easily could be ways to incorporate other villains to fight and other storylines they could draw on to add to LotRO in the future. To say that they can't draw on those things because they aren't front and center in the main Lord of the Rings storyline definitely negates what we do as players (including the existance of our own characters).

The other complaints I have seen are from people that are Lifetime members. I purchased a Lifetime membership when this game first came out ten years ago. I did buy the Mines of Moria expansion but due to the perks of being Lifetimer, I did not have to purchased any of the other expansions as I believe all the other ones were purchased with all the points I had gained. They are not taking this away from players like me. The option to purchase the content with our store points is going to be there after a certain update but we probably won't get all the goodies. And why should we? They are PRE-ORDER bonuses and we won't qualify unless we pre-order. It is up to us whether we do that or not. But considering the game has been out for 10 or more years - and we didn't have to pay a subscription fee and gained alot of perks in that time - I think we can (should) just deal with it. We are still getting access to an amazing game.

If anyone wants to shell out cash to play it now, more power to you. I applaud your decision. Choice is good.

I will wait and pay with points. I might not even get it until it goes on sale! (ok wishful thinking....)
    Kinships: Fifth Star Vagabonds on Crickhollow (Dotswith); Random Access on Arkenstone (Dottiel)

I am holding back for the simplest possible reason. There is not the slightest benefit to ordering in advance - both price and contents will be the same for people ordering after release as for people ordering before release.

While I don't think anything will change my decision as to which package, if any, to order, there is a non-zero chance that something will. There is, on the other hand, a zero percent chance that ordering now rather than at release will benefit me.

Quote Originally Posted by ilarenrandall View Post
    The option to purchase the content with our store points is going to be there after a certain update but we probably won't get all the goodies. And why should we? They are PRE-ORDER bonuses and we won't qualify unless we pre-order.
    Actually there are zero "PRE-ORDER" bonuses. There are pay for cash bonuses, but these bundles will be available after Mordor launches unchanged. You get nothing extra for buying now vs buying after it launches.

Quote Originally Posted by Niapants View Post
    I rarely post on the forums but I wondered whether many others were doing the same as me. I'm excited for Mordor and from what I have seen so far, it looks great. I've got over the initial shock of the prices for each edition and am ready to hand over my money. However, it seems these forums are so full of negativity and anger that I'm not sure that SSG are capable of ignoring it. Or are they?

I've seen it mentioned that upgrading is impossible. So what are the chances, do you think, that SSG might pop a few extra things into the latter two editions to appease the ragers? I read that it has been done before but there's so much silence from the people who are capable of making changes that I can't guess whether it may happen. There must be quite a few people that are holding back and waiting to see what happens, right?

Don't get me wrong, I'm buying the game for sure. I just hope I buy the right edition =/
    I asked Cordovan on last Thursday's lotrostream if expacs could be upgraded at a later date. He didn't say no, he said to contact support to see if it could be done.

I am waiting until a day or 2 before it goes live to take the plunge, but I am walking into Mordor on launch day and that's all there is to it.
    In place of a dark lord, you shall have Queen...... All shall love me and despair

Thumbs down

Holding back & will buy with points. It will be the first expansion I won't have paid cash for. Not interested in the High Elf flick a tiny bit and the new level boost thing is a trash item without the class traits, virtues and ILI catchup.

In the meantime I'll be playing my lowbies (with the Casual Wanderers mostly).

Keeping the sub for now as it's economically more viable for me at this time than buying all content upfront and going freemium.

Permanently retired. Was Kibilturg, Guardian of Imladris (then Landroval & Crickhollow) and ~40 alts.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLotroFan View Post
    Actually there are zero "PRE-ORDER" bonuses. There are pay for cash bonuses, but these bundles will be available after Mordor launches unchanged. You get nothing extra for buying now vs buying after it launches.
    According to the Mordor FAQ at this link https://lotro.com/en/u21-FAQ

What you will get with the expansion you purchase through the store:

Can I purchase the expansion with Store Points?

Mordor expansion will be available for Store Points after Update 22 this winter. Point prices will be:
    Base Edition (includes Mordor Region & Instances only): 2495 Points
    High Elf: 1000 Points

About the bonus items that come with the pre-order:

If I don’t pre-purchase the expansion, can I still buy the expansion bonus items at a later time?

At this time, the Standard Edition, Collector’s Edition, and Ultimate Fan Bundle will remain available after Mordor’s launch day.
    While the expansions will still be available in the LOTRO Market, please note that you will be unable to purchase the additional exclusive items through the LOTRO Store for store points.

Quote Originally Posted by ilarenrandall View Post
    According to the Mordor FAQ at this link https://lotro.com/en/u21-FAQ
    About the bonus items that come with the pre-order:

If I don’t pre-purchase the expansion, can I still buy the expansion bonus items at a later time?

At this time, the Standard Edition, Collector’s Edition, and Ultimate Fan Bundle will remain available after Mordor’s launch day.
    While the expansions will still be available in the LOTRO Market, please note that you will be unable to purchase the additional exclusive items through the LOTRO Store for store points.
    This is the important point to understand -- with the exception of the High Elf and the Aria of the Valar thingie, the only way to get the Bonus items is to buy the same Packages in the Store when they become available. The Bonus items by themselves will NOT be available in the Store when the Expansion is available.

Meaning - Unless you buy the Ultimate or Collectors bundles, you will not be able to acquire:
    • Cosmetic armour
    • Mounts
    • Cosmetic Warsteed armour
    • Titles
    • XP Acellerator
    • Mysterious Door into Mordor
    • three Relics
    • two essence reclamation Scrolls
    • 10 extra shared storage slots
    • 1 month of VIP access

That is, of course, unless SSG deletes those items from the Bundles when purchased for LP.
    Bill Magill Mac Player Founder/Lifetimer
    Old Timers Guild - Gladden
    Sr. Editor LOTRO-Wiki.com

Val - Man Minstrel (108)
    Valalin - Dwarf Minsrel (71)
    Valamar - Dwarf Hunter (120)
    Valdicta - Dwarf RK (107)
    Valhad - Elf LM (66)
    Valkeeper - Elf RK (87)
    Valwood - Dwarf RK (81)

Valhunt - Dwarf Hunter (71)
    Valanne - Beorning (105)
    Ninth - Man Warden (66)

"Laid back, not so serious, no drama.
    All about the fun!"

Myself and my friends have already purchased the Ultimate Fan Bundle.
    Bill Magill Mac Player Founder/Lifetimer
    Old Timers Guild - Gladden
    Sr. Editor LOTRO-Wiki.com

Val - Man Minstrel (108)
    Valalin - Dwarf Minsrel (71)
    Valamar - Dwarf Hunter (120)
    Valdicta - Dwarf RK (107)
    Valhad - Elf LM (66)
    Valkeeper - Elf RK (87)
    Valwood - Dwarf RK (81)

Valhunt - Dwarf Hunter (71)
    Valanne - Beorning (105)
    Ninth - Man Warden (66)

"Laid back, not so serious, no drama.
    All about the fun!"

With this Mordor Expansion SSG is creating an ''Elite'' class (Wallet Warriors) and I am guessing many VIP's are NOT happy campers especially considering the amount of money they already spend yearly. I am Canadian, VIP over 3 years. After currency conversion the top package costs over $160 which is what I would pay for 8 MONTHS of regular VIP service ... or a full year paid service with a competing MMORPG. No Sale.

Want to justify the pricing for Mordor? How about first providing us with a reliable updated platform that isn't plagued with lag, random disconnections/crashes and low server resources? Maybe fix bugs that are years old in the process?

There is a silver lining however. Those that DO purchase the wildly-priced new Mordor update packages won't have to worry about crowding there 'cause there will be very few players to compete with .....
    "Life is a pretty boring game, but at least it has good graphics"

Quote Originally Posted by Gaiandrial View Post
    There is a silver lining however. Those that DO purchase the wildly-priced new Mordor update packages won't have to worry about crowding there 'cause there will be very few players to compete with .....
    I think you will be surprised.
    The Elruthrim Brethren of Crickhollow
    Marancil CHN, Historian Calchiar CPT, Explorer Sturmdrang WDN, Woodsman Anancite GRD, Armourer Tarostel HNT, Armsman Angredeth HNT, Tinker Dromarong GRD, Dwarf

The Lord of the Rings Online: Community Discord

I am holding back since this is really not a pre-order sale. These prices will be good for months to come. Therefore, there is no incentive other than having Mordor quests access. I can wait and buy any of the editions later or with points when that option comes available.

Now, if SSG or Daybreak or whoever is in charge were to sweeten the deal before the official launch? I would buy! And I have 5 accounts that will all need the xpac.
    Welden of Elendilmir

I am waiting to see what happens? There is no rush to purchase just yet.

Jorlan

Yep, I'm holding back. I wont buy a Valar Package. As soon as the Expansion is available for points or without a Valar Pack, I'll buy.
    The available packs are just not worth it for me. I wont pay 35€ for 2500 LP.
    Diskutierer, Fragenbeantworter, Twinker, Händler, Handwerker und Gründer der 'Gemeinschaft der freien Völker' auf Belegaer.
    Deutsche Guides für nahezu alles, was Casuals interessieren könnte, gibts hier: http://gdfv.forumo.de/guides-f24/

I will wait till whenever I can buy with LP. I am not interested in High Elf at all. I have > 4x the LP to purchase the expansion from many years of VIP and a casual toon from every class at 105 for fun and variation (some mothballed -> aka guardian). The crafting is not very interesting (only at level cap and the ash gear is comparable at the casual end). the total loss of all gear value with the first step into mordor, the derating of all damage/mits/resists/.. so that the lvl 115 teal equipped toon I was testing on Bullroarer has approximately the same stats (except crit and finesse which are less) as the current lvl 105 toon while the mob hp has more than doubled and the mob mits are about 4-5x greater. Any numeric buff from LI legacy or trait or skill (aka Ancient craft (LM), rend armor reduction (Champ), ...) is totally derated to close to useless by the stat/mit inflation.

So, IMHO I will play casually, level some of my 8 lvl 105 casual toons up a few levels, explore mordor a little to gather some mats and drops and chests, see what gear shows up in the AH from the zerg raids, see if the BB jewelry scales into > 105 (would be nice), and maybe finally get through Skyrim.

Quote Originally Posted by Saintjoan View Post
    I asked Cordovan on last Thursday's lotrostream if expacs could be upgraded at a later date. He didn't say no, he said to contact support to see if it could be done.
    This is encouraging to hear. I'm definitely going to bide my time then.

Like you, I'll be walking (at a speed of 2fps no doubt ) into Mordor on launch day. I've been playing for ten years yet never played around the time of a major launch so this is my chance and I'm going to grab it! Yes there won't be any mobs in sight, yes there will be a lot of people and probably some lag and bugs, but I'd like to experience it at least once. And the day after I shall go back to levelling my minstrel with my pal because that's my favourite thing to do at the moment =)

Quote Originally Posted by LagunaD2 View Post
    I'm extremely unimpressed by what I've seen on Bullroarer, and by Turbine/SSG's epic mismanagement of the game and expansion. I've cancelled my sub (start date: January 2008) and am just planning to do the epic quest/destruction of the ring before calling it quits.
    ^^^ This. My wallet is locked up due to the sad state of whats on BR. Theyre rushing and it is showing worse than ANY other xpack i have beta tested. OFC I dont expect BR to be a polished build but this thing is in alpha state at best with 11 days to release?
    Captain-General Ughidontknow...Tripso rnk 6 burg...Izeatzfreepz rnk 8 warg....Yells rnk 10 warleader
    Leader of The Hobbit Syndicate
    "Everyone wants to be the hero and no one wants to be support"

Quote Originally Posted by Niapants View Post
    This is encouraging to hear. I'm definitely going to bide my time then.

Like you, I'll be walking (at a speed of 2fps no doubt ) into Mordor on launch day. I've been playing for ten years yet never played around the time of a major launch so this is my chance and I'm going to grab it! Yes there won't be any mobs in sight, yes there will be a lot of people and probably some lag and bugs, but I'd like to experience it at least once. And the day after I shall go back to levelling my minstrel with my pal because that's my favourite thing to do at the moment =)
    When asked about the upgrade possibility, Cordovan did say that there would not be an upgrade package in the market. I think this is where people are making the mistake that upgrades are not possible. He did go on to say that if you wished to upgrade you could contact support as that would be the only option to do it.
    Signatures are overrated.

Quote Originally Posted by istvana View Post
    I am holding back for the simplest possible reason. There is not the slightest benefit to ordering in advance - both price and contents will be the same for people ordering after release as for people ordering before release.

While I don't think anything will change my decision as to which package, if any, to order, there is a non-zero chance that something will. There is, on the other hand, a zero percent chance that ordering now rather than at release will benefit me.
    Exactly this.

The way I see it is this... if I wait I can see exactly what is in the "elite package", I want to know what stats the relics have, etc.

Then I will buy based on FULL DISCLOSURE of what I am getting.

Likely I will buy the Ultimate Fan Bundle, but there is no incentive to give them my money yet.... in fact, it's in my best interest to wait until I see exactly what I am getting.

Disclose that now and I buy one of them now.
    Irin r8 Hunter // Arngar r8 Burg // Akthuri r15 LM // Vishus r5 Captain // Curad r11 Mini < RETIRED // ACTIVE > Ursamajor Beorn // Babayaga LM // Kleptomania Burg // (Anor)

Nope me and 10 kin members actually bought the top bundle just because of pathetic crying going on in these forums and other non official forums.

I'm waiting to hear a definitive answer on whether you can upgrade at a later date. If upgrade were available, I would have already purchased the base edition for $40. The Aria auto-level item is useless to me, but I'm still willing to pay $40 for Mordor quests and instances by themselves, especially considering that we got Gondor for free when it really should have been its own paid xpac. The main other things I'd like would be the high elf and the extra storage slots. $130 is beyond what my budget will allow at this time, but I could easily do $40 now and $40 later to get the mid-range package. On a side note, the two higher level packages still need a little sweetening added to them; despite what a few have argued, they really are a little light on the extra goodies.

I'll be holding back until 'Winter' and buying the QP with points.
    9 year player with Lifetime VIP & Premium f2p accounts, and frankly I think I'm near the end of the road with the game. Got 4 toons at cap and endgame-geared with every other class at 60+ and a few creeps for PVP. Have mostly enjoyed the game, but think Mordor is overpriced and frankly not that bothered about questing in it anyway (never mind the new rep grinds, radiance v2.0, or inevitable bug-fest on release). I'll just be happy to see the ring destroyed and Saurons fall, and then do other stuff. Have just bought Witcher 3 GOTY, Dark Souls 2 and ME: Shadow of Mordor (ironically enough) in the Steam summer sale for £30 total, which seems to be better value for my next few months of gaming time than Daybreak/SSGs basic offering at that price point.
    Still...If you've bought the expansion, Good luck to you. I hope you enjoy it.
    You wait.
    Time passes.
    Thorin sits down and starts singing about gold.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast