We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

What about the staff?

Sorry if I missed that part of the announcement, but what will happen to the staff currently working on the game? Not having MoL around for the sotrylines would be a devestating loss for Lotro. And I was also starting to like Cordovan and his work.

Quote Originally Posted by Frebor View Post
    Not having MoL around for the sotrylines would be a devestating loss for Lotro. And I was also starting to like Cordovan and his work.
    I'm here and ridiculously excited to be a part of Standing Stone Games! Let the stories continue!

MoL

Quote Originally Posted by MadeOfLions View Post
    I'm here and ridiculously excited to be a part of Standing Stone Games! Let the stories continue!

MoL
    Glad to hear it!
    “All that is gold does not glitter,
    Not all those who wander are lost;
    The old that is strong does not wither,
    Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

Thumbs up

MoL
    Thumbs up !!!!!

MoL
    MoL on board and incredibly fast replies on the forum, I think I like this Standing Stone thing

Yup, we're still here!

For me, this news is exciting and scary all at the same time.

Please blue names, come forward and talk with us at this very uncertain time.

Talk to us...
    Landroval Server

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Rhino-Man is offline The Wise
    The Completionist
    Stable Master
    Champ, Chank, Chump
    The Alt-aphobic
    The Deep Delver
    Quote Originally Posted by Frebor View Post
    Sorry if I missed that part of the announcement, but what will happen to the staff currently working on the game? Not having MoL around for the sotrylines would be a devestating loss for Lotro. And I was also starting to like Cordovan and his work.
    Actually, in no way did the announcement say that the GAME was moving, but rather ONLY the staff (Team). I read things too literally these days, because you have to. Check out the way that the announcement was worded:

"Greetings,

Today we have some momentus news! The game teams responsible for The Lord of the Rings Online (LOTRO) and Dungeons & Dragons Online (DDO) are now moving from Turbine to Standing Stone Games, a newly formed indie game studio. In addition, we’ve partnered with Daybreak Games to provide global publishing services. They’ve had a long, successful history developing and publishing MMOs, and we’re happy to lean on their expertise.

With the announcement out of the way, I wanted to talk to you about what all this means."
    Radian- Champion- Landroval

Via Severlin: "We're embarking on an exciting adventure as Standing Stone Games, a newly-independent studio staffed by people who have been working on DDO and LOTRO for many years. The teams remain very much committed to both games and are thrilled to continue development and operations of these games as an independent studio."

I'm here and super excited to be a part of Standing Stone Games!
    Designer, Content

"A man that flies from his fear may find that he has only taken a short cut to meet it." - J. R. R. Tolkien, The Children of Húrin

I wonder where this leaves Asheron's Call.

MoL
    Hoping you guys will take LOTRO to greater heights. Will definitely continue with my support and subscription! -Rambokc of Landroval

MoL
    Great!

Sergio :-)
    Moved from Riddermark to Landroval on 2/10/1015!

MoL
    Quote Originally Posted by DrOctothorpe View Post
    Yup, we're still here!
    Excellent!
    "I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
    "Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens."
    J.R.R. Tolkien

Cool

I can confirm that all the devs here are very excited, including myself!

This thread is a relief. Thanks Blue Names for the encouraging words.

Rhino-Man is offline The Wise
    The Completionist
    Stable Master
    Champ, Chank, Chump
    The Alt-aphobic
    The Deep Delver
    Quote Originally Posted by Baccata View Post
    I can confirm that all the devs here are very excited, including myself!
    I like seeing all these devs chime in - good for the game and also because I'm intrigued by all of your Avatars!
    Radian- Champion- Landroval

hmm...news

*checks SSG for openings*
    very excited about the move!

Wow, wow, wow.

Good to see you all here

Looking forward to 2017 now!
    You will grind your hamsterwheel and you will be happy.
    From f2p to p2w: nothing here is accidental
    https://www.gdcvault.com/play/102469...g-Monetization

This sounds very promising.

I remember, however, when Turbine got bought loose from Microsoft,
    and there was cheering like in Mission Control when the Eagle landed.
    But then the buyers sold 'em off to WB. I hope to Iluvatar that nothing
    of that kind happens again.

Hope on, hope ever.

I'd also like to know what's going to happen with AC1 and -2.

Best of luck, devs and the rest of the team. I hope this gets
    only better.
    Eruanne - Shards of Narsil-1 - Elendilmir -> Arkenstone
    www.kithrup.com/~djheydt/

Being a new company it is good to start with a good impression. Please get the update out on time.

You have six minutes!
    Landroval Server

Quote Originally Posted by Parenthesis_ii View Post
    I wonder where this leaves Asheron's Call.
    Good question, given that Asheron's Call is a Turbine created product. DDO and LotRO both are games created from licensed IP. On the other hand, AC is not actively developed and maybe these things going on behind the curtain impacted the planned release of AC server packages to the public for further use in private server setups.
    "No sadder words of tongue or pen are the words: 'Might have been'." -- John Greenleaf Whittier
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda
    On planet Earth, there is a try.
    Indeed, in a world and life full of change, the only constant is human nature (A is A, after all :P).
    We old vets need to keep in mind those who come after us.

Very pleased to hear from the Dev that they are happy and excited about this development. Let's all hope that this will be the start of a new and glorious chapter in the LOTRO saga! Take cover, Sauron!
    "Out of the Great Sea to Middle-earth I am come. In this place will I abide, and my heirs, unto the ending of the world."

The more I think about this

The more optimistic I feel about this news.

Clearly, to me, the staff are integral "assets" (sorry to make people sound like spreadsheet entries) to make the games we love live. The wording of the announcement does seem to me that there is a tradeoff being made for autonomy over a little bit of financial security. The purchase of Turbine by WB had some benefits-but they did seem to want the focus on mobile games over our classic PC MMOs. .

I hope Turbine/WB are able to successfully focus on their desired mobile platform, and SSG thrives as well -which will mean us players giving our financial support to make sure our games can continue to live and grow.

Long Live Standing Stone Games, Lotro, and DDO!
    LilyRose of Gladden, Mistress of the Rangers of the West Kinship. Come check out our kin at rangerswest.guildlaunch.com.

Smile

sincere congratulations to the staff. This all sounds awesome and somewhat scary Kudos for licences.

Crissaegrim is offline Defender of the Hornburg
    Guardian of Lothlórien
    Good Morning, Cordovan. How's your Monday so far?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast