We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 119 of 119 FirstFirst ... 19 69 109 115 116 117 118 119
Results 2,951 to 2,974 of 2974
    Quote Originally Posted by WeirdJedi View Post
    You can convert the reputation tokens into the currency at the barterer - it will be the top options.
    Gotcha -
    1) Earn Gundabad Mountain marks by doing the daily missions from Horin & Ausma.
    2) Convert them into Relics of Gundabad.
    3) Turn in the relics of Gundabad for the Zheluka tokens.

Awful conversion rates, but heyho

Thank you.

Stone of the tortoise missing in store?

Hey, I am pretty new to the game, just subscribed to the game yesterday.
    I am noticing now that I am leveling pretty fast, outleveling most of the content in the Shire.
    Then I read about disabling XP gain with the stone of the tortoise and wanted to purchase this item in the shop. But I can't seem to find it. The shop looks pretty deserted, most of the categories there are just empty...
    Is that a bug on my side? Thanks!

Look for the "Experience Disabler"
    Ujest - 140 Lore-master, Opun Tia - 107 Warden, Veneur - 75 Hunter, Cneasai - 66 Minstrel, Tummi - 19 Captain, plus alts and mules
    Officer, Pipeweed and Ale, Arkenstone (formerly - Friends of Frodo, Vilya)

and Star Citizen...

Hey Gandolf, thanks for the quick reply.

I double checked the store now and the search is not finding any Item called "Experience Disabler".
    In fact, every single category under "Character" is empty (except for 3 Items under War-Steed Upgrades -> Trait Specs), so is every single category under "Buffs & Services".
    Something smells fishy here.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNefarius View Post
    I double checked the store now and the search is not finding any Item called "Experience Disabler". Something smells fishy here.
    I'd say so. Even typing in "experience" brought it up for me. The only restrictions I know of are if you are still in the introduction, if you are over a specific level for the boosts, or if you already have access to something in regards to content.

So I was playing with the german client, and thus the german store loaded. But as I said before, almost every category was completeley void of any items. So yesterday before going to bed I changed the client to english just to see if its maybe a regional problem.
    Logging in today, went straight to the shop and lo and behold: Items! Everywhere! Including the Experience Disabler! So I directly purchased it and turned the client back to german. Checked the store again and every item was still there.
    So basically what I am saying is, I don't know what happend, but now the store works.

Glad the issue resolved itself.

Welcome to LOTRO.
    Ujest - 140 Lore-master, Opun Tia - 107 Warden, Veneur - 75 Hunter, Cneasai - 66 Minstrel, Tummi - 19 Captain, plus alts and mules

and Star Citizen...

Has the dev team thought of maybe letting people "catch up" with their anniversary rewards during events/anniversary? I have an account from 2007 but due to studies I had to take 5 years of complete break from the game and some of the titles from the anniversary rewards are my favorites but it will take me 5 years to get to that point which is a long wait so maybe they should let sometimes players to purchase the missing rewards according to their accounts/characters age This wouldn't mean that you could purchase 15 years but so that you could for example buy the ones you would have obtained if a player hadn't miss X amount of years

Quote Originally Posted by ingo2 View Post
    Welcome to Lord of the Rings Online.

If you just created your forum account and cannot yet start a new thread in order to ask a question, you can ask it in this thread.
    I would like to be able to create a thread on the suggestions section

Quote Originally Posted by lobkowicz View Post
    I would like to be able to create a thread on the suggestions section
    Welcome to LOTRO

The reason - several years ago there was a serious episode of spammers, gold sellers, and other forum lowlifes. The solution was restricting all new accounts and all in-active accounts to this forum - made clean up easy.

Keep posting your question(s) in this forum, until granted full forum access. Should happen in a couple of days.

Official explanation: https://forums.lotro.com/forums/show...Only-Post-Here

In case the forums break the link

Code:
    https://forums.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?645326-Why-Can-I-Only-Post-Here

and Star Citizen...

FOV

Hello!

The FOV after a while makes me feel sick. Could this get my account banned or did the devs ever say it is okay? mklinik/lotro-fov (Did not want to post link, not sure if allowed) it uses cheat engine. Everything I have read. People seem to be torn on the subject. I would ask support, but I have two tickets open already. They haven't responded yet on day 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Oshzak View Post
    ...it uses cheat engine...
    Don't use it ever. Against a live server will get you banned. Doesn't matter if it only changes fov client side.

edit1: The mod may only change FOV, which is a common mod using cheat engine, but how to tell the difference between cheat engine used to adjust FOV versus cheat engine making additional changes? Please also consider that the location which is modified may change with releases of lotro. One day the mod may work, and the next it may patch the wrong location. This can lead to severe consequences, ranging from crashing client, to auto ban for touching the wrong location (which might have previously worked). If banned it's not a simple 5 minute conversation with SSG support to fix.

edit2: ASLR is also a common feature of modern OS. In which case you may not be able to reliably modify the correct location without extra effort.
    Last edited by alwaysbroke; May 17 2022 at 11:26 AM. Reason: context

Plugins/Addons

Just wanted to ask everyone, which your favorite/must have addons or plugins are?

So when can I post in other threads? I wanted to ask Orion something in the PvMP thread.

Welcome to LOTRO

The reason - several years ago there was a serious episode of spammers, gold sellers, and other forum lowlifes. The solution was restricting all new accounts and all in-active accounts to this forum - made clean up easy.

Keep posting your question(s) in this forum, until granted full forum access. Should happen in a couple of days.

Official explanation: " https://forums.lotro.com/forums/show...Only-Post-Here "

In case the forums break the link:
    Code:
    https://forums.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?645326-Why-Can-I-Only-Post-Here

and Star Citizen...

War Steed Disables bottom row of class traits

Sometimes after dismounting my War steed I notice that the bottom row of my class trait tree is disabled. I then have to re-spec. This is the third toon I am noticing this on, one warden and two hunters (all blue line). Any suggestions on a fix?

Quote Originally Posted by MxkeyFerb View Post
    Sometimes after dismounting my War steed I notice that the bottom row of my class trait tree is disabled. I then have to re-spec. This is the third toon I am noticing this on, one warden and two hunters (all blue line). Any suggestions on a fix?
    If you mean all the icons are greyed out it's a common bug. Using a skill usually fixes it.

Paypal issues

So i just created this forum account because i cant seem to be able to use Paypal to buy an aditional character slot...

Before posting this i already made sure that the store page is popping up external. After putting my data in Paypal seems to auto-process the payment. Then it gives me a pop-up that says: 'At this moment we are not able to process the payment from your Paypal account. Please go back to the shop and try a different payment.'...

Anyone has any tips or help?
    I dont own a creditcard and i live in the EU so Paypal usually is my go to, to pay stuff online like twitch.

WoW big MMO in scale, where to begin?

I'm loving LOTRO, I missed the Anniversary, sadly.....but that won't stop me from my adventures. That said..........where do I begin?

Class?

I know race wise I wanna go Dwarf/Man.

I'd like to tank, but Warden/Guadian/Champion,etc??

Should I sub....? I really want too, and I have the cash atm.

What in store items should I buy, when I have the the money? Or should I at all? Oh and mounts?

Any additional info would be appreciated! TY!

Quote Originally Posted by dedfivearmies90 View Post
    Any additional info would be appreciated! TY!
    Although there are 6 classes that potentially can be main tanks in a fellowship, there are 3 that appear to be well-balanced: guardian, captain, beorning. Since a beorning can only be a race of beorning, then I guess you can go for guardian or captain. Guardian class is more straight-forward tanking that people might be more familiar with. Captain is my favorite class, but I've heard tons of people complain about them: they don't like being required to have a pet follow them around, they don't like the binding abilities, they find the captain shouts annoying, they don't move or kill very fast, and they are too complicated.

It is worthwhile to VIP for one month. There is a splurge of things that unlock by first going VIP and then your account turning premium status afterwards. For starters, any character you login will obtain the one thing you can't buy elsewhere permanently: swift travel. This allows you to go from site-to-site instantly without physically watching your horse travel. It also allows you to use any boats to instantly travel down the water. Other things that unlock are like shared storage, 75 slots for inventory instead of 45, the ability to obtain riding skill from the quest at level 20, and much much more. You'll also be able to play any of the premium quest pack areas like Yondershire at level 20 or Angles at level 40.

Much of the things we used to recommend people buying are now staples to all accounts, such as the premium wallet. One very popular buy is the Journeyman Riding Trait which increases the speed of all your mounts. If you wish to take things slow, you can also find the Experience Disabler (aka Tortoise Stone). Although you are able to buy a house once you reach level 15, some have suggested buying the Middle-Earth Essentials Bundle for 1000 lotro points. This allows you to get a few neat things and 6 Housing Writs you can use towards a premium house. However, the only available Gondor Houses that cost exactly 6 Housing Writs might be hard to find. It would be better to check out the Housing Broker southwest of the Prancing Pony in Bree if you are interested in touring the houses that are available.

Quote Originally Posted by WeirdJedi View Post
    Although there are 6 classes that potentially can be main tanks in a fellowship, there are 3 that appear to be well-balanced: guardian, captain, beorning. Since a beorning can only be a race of beorning, then I guess you can go for guardian or captain. Guardian class is more straight-forward tanking that people might be more familiar with. Captain is my favorite class, but I've heard tons of people complain about them: they don't like being required to have a pet follow them around, they don't like the binding abilities, they find the captain shouts annoying, they don't move or kill very fast, and they are too complicated.

It is worthwhile to VIP for one month. There is a splurge of things that unlock by first going VIP and then your account turning premium status afterwards. For starters, any character you login will obtain the one thing you can't buy elsewhere permanently: swift travel. This allows you to go from site-to-site instantly without physically watching your horse travel. It also allows you to use any boats to instantly travel down the water. Other things that unlock are like shared storage, 75 slots for inventory instead of 45, the ability to obtain riding skill from the quest at level 20, and much much more. You'll also be able to play any of the premium quest pack areas like Yondershire at level 20 or Angles at level 40.

Much of the things we used to recommend people buying are now staples to all accounts, such as the premium wallet. One very popular buy is the Journeyman Riding Trait which increases the speed of all your mounts. If you wish to take things slow, you can also find the Experience Disabler (aka Tortoise Stone). Although you are able to buy a house once you reach level 15, some have suggested buying the Middle-Earth Essentials Bundle for 1000 lotro points. This allows you to get a few neat things and 6 Housing Writs you can use towards a premium house. However, the only available Gondor Houses that cost exactly 6 Housing Writs might be hard to find. It would be better to check out the Housing Broker southwest of the Prancing Pony in Bree if you are interested in touring the houses that are available.
    Great info, tyvm!

What are the Requirements for Mounted Combat?

What class, race, or level do you need to be to perform mounted combat? Also, do you need a certain skill, trait, type of steed, etc? Thanks for any info.
    -Newbie Guardian

Customize UI for fighting skill pop-ups

I am a newbie, but already want to tweak the UI. When fighting, a pop-up shows some skills I can use (for example, after an opponent has parried). But it's quite a distance from the quickshots I use during a fight. Can I change the location of the pop-up, so it will appear closer to the quickslots? Update: I think I found an answer here. Use Contol+\ https://www.reddit.com/r/lotro/comme...eb2x&context=3

Quote Originally Posted by TucsonTerry View Post
    What class, race, or level do you need to be to perform mounted combat? Also, do you need a certain skill, trait, type of steed, etc? Thanks for any info.
    -Newbie Guardian
    That's the brilliant part. There is no creation requirement. Every single race and class has their own abilities in mounted combat. You have access to all three types: light, medium, heavy. You do not need to equip a bridle. You can pretty much max out all the mounted traits in all three trees. Just know that some abilities are dependent on which type you are riding. All you have to do is complete the introduction of Riders of Rohan expansion, level 70. Know that for the sake of conversation, there is a distinct different between your normal steed you ride across the landscape and your war-steed for mounted combat. They are two completely different systems.

Page 119 of 119 FirstFirst ... 19 69 109 115 116 117 118 119