We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1

    Exclamation Can't login on character

    I have problem, support didn't answer for 10 days.
    "This character cannot be selected right now, try back later" on character Molniya
    Last edited by Dashgin; Oct 17 2016 at 09:51 AM.

  2. #2
    Maybe your toon got banned?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    2,888
    Quote Originally Posted by YamydeAragon View Post
    Maybe your toon got banned?
    Not sure, but i think bans are account related, not character related, right?

    Sergio :-)
    Moved from Riddermark to Landroval on 2/10/1015!

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by YamydeAragon View Post
    Maybe your toon got banned?
    I was in the instance the Siege of Minas Tirith and stopped the game.I left the game using alt+f4 and the next day there was a problem
    Last edited by Dashgin; Oct 17 2016 at 12:33 PM.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Dashgin View Post
    I was in the instance the Siege of Minas Tirith and stopped the game.I left the game using alt+f4 and the next day there was a problem
    This situation happens once in a while when you exit the game without going thru the log out sequence. Or if the subserver that is handling your character crashes. Your character is currently hung. In a unplayable state. It will correct itself the next time the servers are restarted. Otherwise:

    1) You can try putting in a ticket to the Game Masters from a different character. Ask the Game to free your character. You have to have access to the Game Master support. It may not be something the Game Masters are able to do.

    2) Try once a day to see if the problem clears itself.

    Try not to exit Lotro by Alt-F4. Or shutting down your PC in the future. Not much you can do about the server side equivalent.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

  6. #6
    I am experiencing this on all my Landroval characters after my mi-fi quit in the middle of playing. I can log in creep or any from another server, but all Landroval freeps unavailable. Anyone know the best ( fastest) way to resolve this?
    Science is a wonderful thing if one does not have to earn one's living at it.
    Albert Einstein

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    15,633
    Quote Originally Posted by pilagem View Post
    I am experiencing this on all my Landroval characters after my mi-fi quit in the middle of playing. I can log in creep or any from another server, but all Landroval freeps unavailable. Anyone know the best ( fastest) way to resolve this?
    Probably, what Yula said just above. The GMs do not have infinite powers; in fact, they do not have the power to restore a character from backup.

    Granted, this sucks.

    It's interesting that you can log in your Landroval creeps but not your freeps. I have no idea why this is; not only am I not a programmer, I don't know anything about the Turbine code.

    Probably the least frustrating thing you can do (after following Yula's steps above) is to play on another server where you already have characters, and keep checking till Landroval gets fixed for you. (This may require a complete restart of the server, as happened a couple of days ago for three servers, none of them Landroval).
    Eruanne - Shards of Narsil-1 - Elendilmir -> Arkenstone
    www.kithrup.com/~djheydt/

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    6,850
    Quote Originally Posted by djheydt View Post
    Probably, what Yula said just above. The GMs do not have infinite powers; in fact, they do not have the power to restore a character from backup.

    Granted, this sucks.

    It's interesting that you can log in your Landroval creeps but not your freeps. I have no idea why this is; not only am I not a programmer, I don't know anything about the Turbine code.

    Probably the least frustrating thing you can do (after following Yula's steps above) is to play on another server where you already have characters, and keep checking till Landroval gets fixed for you. (This may require a complete restart of the server, as happened a couple of days ago for three servers, none of them Landroval).
    Umm, Landroval was the NA server in the maintenance that was done, for I was on before it went down and Landroval is my primary server now. I think you meant one, not none. Typos happen and make one miserable at times.
    "No sadder words of tongue or pen are the words: 'Might have been'." -- John Greenleaf Whittier
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda
    On planet Earth, there is a try.
    Indeed, in a world and life full of change, the only constant is human nature (A is A, after all :P).
    We old vets need to keep in mind those who come after us.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Yula_the_Mighty View Post
    This situation happens once in a while when you exit the game without going thru the log out sequence. Or if the subserver that is handling your character crashes. Your character is currently hung. In a unplayable state. It will correct itself the next time the servers are restarted. Otherwise:

    1) You can try putting in a ticket to the Game Masters from a different character. Ask the Game to free your character. You have to have access to the Game Master support. It may not be something the Game Masters are able to do.

    2) Try once a day to see if the problem clears itself.

    Try not to exit Lotro by Alt-F4. Or shutting down your PC in the future. Not much you can do about the server side equivalent.
    Just wanted to add that I reported this in game for someone else when our group was booted from the server during an instance. The GM was great. He disconnected the character and problem was resolved. It did not take long to fix. I highly recommend opening a ticket in game and clearly explaining that the character is stuck. I included the error message that showed up on the login screen along with the character name and where they are stuck.

  10. #10
    Thanks for all the input. I found later in the day that other freeps were available to play, but the original character that glitched is still unavailable. I did put in a ticket out of game, since the character in question cannot do it in game. I have not heard anything yet.
    Science is a wonderful thing if one does not have to earn one's living at it.
    Albert Einstein

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload