We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Apparently the new CM did an interview/podcast and you can listen to it on iTunes (search Shane Plays, its the most recent pod cast, interview starts around 28:00). I'd link it directly, but I'm unable to for some reason?
    I've heard some BS in my time, but that interview was something. One of the best bits--everyone in that interview thinks that WoW is F2P and that Turbine is responsible for ushering the F2P craze to their competitors (WoW, etc.)

/shrug.

Quote Originally Posted by Denhith View Post
    Apparently the new CM did an interview/podcast and you can listen to it on iTunes (search Shane Plays, its the most recent pod cast, interview starts around 28:00). I'd link it directly, but I'm unable to for some reason?
    I've heard some BS in my time, but that interview was something. One of the best bits--everyone in that interview thinks that WoW is F2P and that Turbine is responsible for ushering the F2P craze to their competitors (WoW, etc.)

/shrug.
    Well lotro was first big name MMO that went from sub to f2p game and quite successfully. Cant remember numbers anymore but it was reported renevue rised several hundreds of %s. I dont think its even question only reason why lotro made this far was f2p. Pre f2p login numbers were about as big as now.

Quote Originally Posted by siipperi View Post
    Well lotro was first big name MMO that went from sub to f2p game and quite successfully. Cant remember numbers anymore but it was reported renevue rised several hundreds of %s. I dont think its even question only reason why lotro made this far was f2p. Pre f2p login numbers were about as big as now.
    I get your point, but your last sentence says it all.

Not true DDO went F2P first it was deemed a success so Turbine took LOTRO F2P as well.

My guess is the "new" EP has the same posting rights as Baba Ji so is waiting out the 3 months delay to post on the main forums.

Woot the WOW Legion pre-patch and notes are out today from Blizzard which is more info then we've gotten from Turbine.

Quote Originally Posted by Denhith View Post
    Apparently the new CM did an interview/podcast

Interview starts at 28:10.

Quote Originally Posted by Thurallor View Post

Interview starts at 28:10.
    Thanks for the embed. This was something Silorien and I did on Saturday afternoon for a commercial talk radio station out of Little Rock, AR. Pretty unusual to get an interview request like this, but was cool. Not many commercial talk stations have gamer-focused shows...

The first half is basically news about a certain mobile title that's big right now, the second half is pretty big picture LOTRO/DDO/dev talk. Just to clarify my comments, given the tone of posts in this thread: I was speaking about DDO in regard to its switch to F2P in 2009, not LOTRO. I believe all of my statements are accurate.

In regard to the not-off-topic bit of this thread: We're working to get more info to you about our future plans, and introduce you to our current Executive Producer.
    Community Manager, Lord of the Rings Online
    Find LOTRO on: Facebook Twitter Twitch Google+
    Find Cordovan on: Twitter Google+ Instagram
    My PM inbox is broken. Click here to send me a private message.
    cool cool

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Thanks for the embed. This was something Silorien and I did on Saturday afternoon for a commercial talk radio station out of Little Rock, AR. Pretty unusual to get an interview request like this, but was cool. Not many commercial talk stations have gamer-focused shows...

The first half is basically news about a certain mobile title that's big right now, the second half is pretty big picture LOTRO/DDO/dev talk. Just to clarify my comments, given the tone of posts in this thread: I was speaking about DDO in regard to its switch to F2P in 2009, not LOTRO. I believe all of my statements are accurate.

In regard to the not-off-topic bit of this thread: We're working to get more info to you about our future plans, and introduce you to our current Executive Producer.
    Thank you for the clarification. It was just bad that I had to go to Athena to get info that should have been readily available.

Having listened to the video of the above pod-cast I have to wonder how dedicated the new CM is, to his post.

Why has he as yet not introduced himself, if the previous CM is really out of the picture as it seems, surely he owes it to us to introduce himself?

This also does not really say anything about the future of lotro. Some reassurance the companies supposed new direction will not have a negative impact on lotro, would be very welcome.

I am sure I am not alone in being concerned about their new focus on MOBAs.

Some of us have no "smart phones" or intend to get one.

Some of us want this game to exist for however long we have breath in our bodies. Even should all tales be told, all content made all regions explored...

The game should go on...forever.

Consider this an impassioned plea, from a lotro addict.
    Ordgaric. Level 100 Guardian. Saelrein. Level 100 hunter. Nimraloth. Level 100 Captain. Leofwyne. Level 100 Warden. Others. Feandor. Lv 85 Champion. Doradonna. Level 82 Minstrel. Serabrand. Level 63 Burgler. Glothren. Level 63 Runekeeper. Lythgier. Level 50 beorning. Malvadan. Level 44 Loremaster.

Quote Originally Posted by Econn71 View Post
    Not true DDO went F2P first it was deemed a success so Turbine took LOTRO F2P as well.
    DDO is and never was big name MMo like wow, lotro, warhammer online, swtor, etc. So I stand correct - as always.

Quote Originally Posted by Requiemslove View Post
    Having listened to the video of the above pod-cast I have to wonder how dedicated the new CM is, to his post.

Why has he as yet not introduced himself, if the previous CM is really out of the picture as it seems, surely he owes it to us to introduce himself?

This also does not really say anything about the future of lotro. Some reassurance the companies supposed new direction will not have a negative impact on lotro, would be very welcome.

I am sure I am not alone in being concerned about their new focus on MOBAs.

Some of us have no "smart phones" or intend to get one.

Some of us want this game to exist for however long we have breath in our bodies. Even should all tales be told, all content made all regions explored...

The game should go on...forever.

Consider this an impassioned plea, from a lotro addict.
    Um Cordovan is the new Community Manager he posted just above here. It is Severlin the Executive Producer that hasn't posted.

DDO is and never was big name MMo like wow, lotro, warhammer online, swtor, etc. So I stand correct - as always.
    Give me some of what your smoking please. DDO was big until they got greedy and extremely limited the content for F2P players.

VIA Facebook chat with her this morning. Technically she is still there but not with LOTRO. If you don't believe it feel free to send her a message on Facebook.

1 mutual friend: Linda Carlson
    Executive Producer at Turbine
    Studied BFA Drama at Southwest Texas State
    Conversation started today

Jim
    1:00am
    Are you still the executive producer for LotRO?
    Today

6:07amAthena Z Peters accepted your request.

Athena Z Peters
    6:09am
    I am not. Rob Ciccolini has been for a couple months. I run Batman Arkham Underworld now.

Jim
    7:19am
    Thanks because nobody in the LOTRO community knew and the layoffs made us all wonder and there were no updates other then Cordovan as the new CM.

Athena Z Peters
    7:26am
    Hopefully they will be able to give you guys more updated info soon. Communication of company restructures can be complicated
    Sent from Messenger
    This really makes me sad. At the same time I do understand her as I'm sure it's probably more likely more resources will be spent on Batman Arkham Underword being a mobile game. I do understand why someone would think about their future employment as they might have a family to support. Hopefully that is a more certain future for her as she deserves it from what I can tell. Still very sad for me at least and a loss to LoTRO. She was one of the few I have ever had a reply from via PM and she always seemed very professional and at the same time passionate. Some info that she replied that made me and my son happy of stuff to come will probably now dissepear into the void. At least it explains why she have not replied back in a while from PM's sent via LoTRO Forum. This just added yet another feeling of heavy luggage on my back when tring to see some glimpse of light for the future of invcesting time, our money and effort into playing LoTRO. The things she had replied some months back was a big part of my sons and my inspiration to continue playing. Some of the goals we were looking forward to to be able to finally reach. Now those things might never get added. Oh well, it is what it is but this information was surely no ispiration for neither me or my son.

Still, knowing is better than being left in the dark. It is important to have the correct information when taking decisions about ones own future plans.

Or to quote a song title "Should I Stay Or Should I Go?". That is the question for both my son and I atm. I really don't know anymore.

You will be missed by at least us two in LoTRO and I'm sure many others as well. I wish You the best on Your Future projects Athena/Vyvanne !!!
    "Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy because you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say." /Edward Snowden
    Never The Spy-Tool Windows 10 Who needs DirectX 12 anyway ??? Vulkan is better. :)

Um Cordovan is the new Community Manager he posted just above here. It is Severlin the Executive Producer that hasn't posted.
    It appears that you might think that the other participant in that interview, Silorien is the new Executive Producer. He isn't. He is a software engineer. And an all-around good guy.

Or is there a "Severlin" lurking about of which I haven't heard?

VERY LATE EDIT: The above is me being wrong. I stand corrected. My apologies.
    Last edited by Hurin; Jul 19 2016 at 05:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hurin View Post
    Or is there a "Severlin" lurking about of which I haven't heard?
    There a "Severlin" lurking about of which you haven't heard. He's the new EP.

There a "Severlin" lurking about of which you haven't heard. He's the new EP.
    I stand corrected. My apologies.

Thumbs up

Nice show even if, as You have already aknowledged, it didn't say much about the future of LoTRO. Still I like Your style in being honest about not always being able to be honest about Your own personal opinions. That You in-fact represent Turbine and as an effect of that Warner Bros as they are the corporation owning Turbine. People tend to forget that. You have Your pay-check made by them and can't really go on personal crusades, at least not in public. It's why I often blame corporations and not their employees as they can many times be as frustrated as we, the customers, are and feel like their hand are tied. Still they often get all the #### from the customers, while the real "villains" are anonymous suits that never have to face or take the #### from the customers for decisions they acctually made. There have been plenty of times in my career, both as a DJ, partyfixer, web-designer/web-master and as a marketing guy that I had to defend decisions in public that I personally really didn't agree with. Sometimes I couldn't even after a while and had to quit that job and get a new when some bosses were unbarable and so out of touch with their customers that You had to defend stuff You really couldn't defend, no matter how hard You tried it didn't make sense. Other times and in some jobs it wasn't so bad as it's a give and take situation and You have to accept that sometimes You get it the way You like and feel/believe the audience like and other times You have to do as someone else decides. Sometims they might acctually even be right. It would be very imature and unprofessional to always expect to have it "my way" in every situation.

Anyway, I like Your style so far.

Granted that I don't read all tings or follow all threads on this forum or any forum for that matter but what I've seen I like.
    Last edited by Lord.Funk; Jul 19 2016 at 06:27 PM.
    "Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy because you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say." /Edward Snowden
    Never The Spy-Tool Windows 10 Who needs DirectX 12 anyway ??? Vulkan is better. :)

. . . .

Deeply appreciate your update on this topic Cordovan. I look forward to hearing from our current EP (and you!) "Soon™" about some of the specific questions asked by myself and others about the future of our beloved virtual world.

Cheers!
    Ogmios ~ Davidge ~ Eriuwen ~ Kainoa ~ Braidfoot

Ten years of existence, with U32 ~a month away and expansion plans announced for the end of 2017. As a descriptor, 'big' pales in comparison to terms like longevity & sustainability. Anything can be big today & gone tomorrow, as history has continually demonstrated & repeated. Here's hoping that both platforms have continued longevity & sustainability over all else.

I messaged Athena to ask about it and here is her reply: I am not. Rob Ciccolini has been for a couple months. I run Batman Arkham Underworld now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frelorn View Post
    She is still here, though she has taken some time off recently. During this time of the year, everyone is head down trying to get as much done as possible. Especially our Producers and other decision makers. Lots and lots of reports, budgets and planning. - Jun 09 2016
    So basically, Frelorn said one thing... and Vyvyanne contradicted everything he said now... If Vyvyanne has left LOTRO a couple months ago, she was definetely not here last month, as Frelorn said... she probably left not long after she stopped posting on the forums. It seems like they have been lying to us...
    I don't know why, but I hope they tell us the reason for this.

Quote Originally Posted by DiogoVP View Post
    So basically, Frelorn said one thing... and Vyvyanne contradicted everything he said now... If Vyvyanne has left LOTRO a couple months ago, she was definetely not here last month, as Frelorn said... she probably left not long after she stopped posting on the forums. It seems like they have been lying to us...
    I don't know why, but I hope they tell us the reason for this.
    It's simple, Frelorn employed a little Clintonese. He used the word "here" to mean "Turbine" when he knew the audience was interpreting it to mean "LotRO".

It's simple, Frelorn employed a little Clintonese. He used the word "here" to mean "Turbine" when he knew the audience was interpreting it to mean "LotRO".
    I always got the impression we only got anything when Frelorn read out loud a question and backed himself into having to provide an answer.

Nothing negative must ever come out.

Who are the Warner Brothers, Kim and Jong?

Quote Originally Posted by Macdui View Post
    I always got the impression we only got anything when Frelorn read out loud a question and backed himself into having to provide an answer.

Nothing negative must ever come out.

Who are the Warner Brothers, Kim and Jong?
    Yakko and Wakko of course, and don't forget their sister, Dot.

I must say after what have been two and a half years of fairly strong recovery. I'm pretty saddened to see it turn out like this. The road to Gondor has been pretty strong return to form content wise, and that combined with return of grouped content and the first proper raid in such a long time has been great. All the more shame we've had to then witness this with a lot of secrecy surrounding it.

Let's hope that our new Executive Producer and Community Manager can reassure us all that despite these problems, the game will carry on as strong as I feel it has been recently.
    ~Commander Zaddoc the Undying
    The Lost Alliance, Evernight
    twitter.com/STARS_TyranT

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast