We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 61
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    392

    Update 18.2 release

    Hahaha, Turbine is trolling the community hard again.

    Update 18.2 release: 28.6.2016

    https://www.twitch.tv/lotrostream/v/74084707 , see about 5 mins

    Lol, two totally bugged beta builds(less then any update before), no class balance at all, laggy as ####, crashes often and they expect us to like and play a raid.

    hahahaha

    Btw.: Raidbosses in T2C are just dps races in general. 5 or more runekeeper work very fast and very good. All other dps classes just decrease dps. And you can bypass almost all mechanis with dps races.

  2. #2
    Unless a miracle happens from Gandalf this raid will be released in the next few days with explosive exploits, annoying bugs and untested T2 Bosses 2,3,4,5,6. This news is a total joke but he was very clear and adamant about date, repeated several times so guess its the plan right now.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,426
    Cannot wait to complete said raid T1 within 2 hours of release. It's so buggy.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    6,326
    If this is true it shows how inept Rurbine is as a company to let marketing or whoeer decide release dates. The last oh I can not count releases were not ready for live and had more bugs than a house being treated by orkin. I sincerly ask Turbine to listen to their customers... you know those people you chase away with poor choices like this... to hold off on release, listen to feedback and try to make this update the best it can be....

  5. #5

    -nt

    I am excited about the new raid and content (having set up a Raid Network Channel on Brandywine, participated in bullroarer testing and started to put together a raid team in live).

    However:

    +1 for turbine to take a few more weeks to get this raid polished and ensure as many exploits and performance issues are resolved as possible.

    Unlike other content, it's been tougher to get good groups together to fully test the T2c raid so a few more weeks would give us gamers additional time to supply feedback and bug reports.

    Regards,

    Knight
    Last edited by Xvaliant; Jun 24 2016 at 04:43 PM.

  6. #6
    CaerArianrhod's Avatar
    CaerArianrhod is offline Rohirrim Scout
    Guardian of Erebrandir's Horseshoe's Secret
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,559
    Quote Originally Posted by Taldeen View Post
    Hahaha, Turbine is trolling the community hard again.
    Update 18.2 release: 28.6.2016
    I expected the Raid after the so called 2nd Beta.
    So noting new on that.
    Maybe next time if we need something to be get fixed, we should send that direcly to Diane Nelson from WBIE.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Taldeen View Post
    Hahaha, Turbine is trolling the community hard again.

    Update 18.2 release: 28.6.2016

    https://www.twitch.tv/lotrostream/v/74084707 , see about 5 mins

    Lol, two totally bugged beta builds(less then any update before), no class balance at all, laggy as ####, crashes often and they expect us to like and play a raid.

    hahahaha

    Btw.: Raidbosses in T2C are just dps races in general. 5 or more runekeeper work very fast and very good. All other dps classes just decrease dps. And you can bypass almost all mechanis with dps races.
    1) Turbine is trolling the community? Ok, man. The community asks for a raid, and Turbine is giving a CHALLENGING raid. That does not sound like trolling.

    2) Have beta builds ever not been bugged? Notice 2 things: ITS A BETA BUILD. It is non-final. It will be fixed, It will be changed. Also, they have been constantly fixing the bugs in each build QUICKLY. Each build has had less and less bugs and has had more and more mechanics added to the raid. I have no doubt that when 18.2 drops the raid will have almost none of the bugs found in Bullroarer.

    3) Raidbosses in t2c are dps race? OK. Youve done ONE BOSS. Congrats. And you probably did it in the first build when there were almost no mechanics implemented and in all the new raid gear where all the classes get very big buffs from the set bonuses. Congrats again. Try it with live gear. Try it with the new mechanics, then tell me again that its a simple dps race. Also, did you ever think to try the other bosses? The mumakils (2nd boss) is NOT a dps race, the challenge is to let nobody die. Adds come every 10% on each elephant so you need to CONTROL Your dps, not go all out. There are many, many mechanics your excluding with this simple statement. One boss even dies by corruption removal, not by DPS, so your point is completely moot.

    In conclusion, anyone thinking what this guy is saying is true to ANY extent, think again. This guy is a fool and all he wants is attention. Go try the raid for yourself before you believe anything he says, thanks.

  8. #8
    CaerArianrhod's Avatar
    CaerArianrhod is offline Rohirrim Scout
    Guardian of Erebrandir's Horseshoe's Secret
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,559
    Quote Originally Posted by Kruelle View Post
    2) Have beta builds ever not been bugged? Notice 2 things: ITS A BETA BUILD. It is non-final. It will be fixed, It will be changed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tybur View Post
    Please join us this weekend for a preview of Update 18.2.
    So the Weekend is for Beta-Testing. That is meaning, if the raid is out on the next Tuesday, Turbine have 1 (one) day to fix reported bugs like the missing 3rd raid-set for burglars, fixing false translations and so on.
    I don't know on which planet you are living, but sure not on the same as the rest of mankind.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kruelle View Post
    In conclusion, anyone thinking what this guy is saying is true to ANY extent, think again. This guy is a fool and all he wants is attention. Go try the raid for yourself before you believe anything he says, thanks.
    I just was thinking the same about you.
    Did you done the raid, so that you can say, everyting is wrong what someone else is saying?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    392
    Quote Originally Posted by Kruelle View Post
    1) Turbine is trolling the community? Ok, man. The community asks for a raid, and Turbine is giving a CHALLENGING raid. That does not sound like trolling.

    2) Have beta builds ever not been bugged? Notice 2 things: ITS A BETA BUILD. It is non-final. It will be fixed, It will be changed. Also, they have been constantly fixing the bugs in each build QUICKLY. Each build has had less and less bugs and has had more and more mechanics added to the raid. I have no doubt that when 18.2 drops the raid will have almost none of the bugs found in Bullroarer.

    3) Raidbosses in t2c are dps race? OK. Youve done ONE BOSS. Congrats. And you probably did it in the first build when there were almost no mechanics implemented and in all the new raid gear where all the classes get very big buffs from the set bonuses. Congrats again. Try it with live gear. Try it with the new mechanics, then tell me again that its a simple dps race. Also, did you ever think to try the other bosses? The mumakils (2nd boss) is NOT a dps race, the challenge is to let nobody die. Adds come every 10% on each elephant so you need to CONTROL Your dps, not go all out. There are many, many mechanics your excluding with this simple statement. One boss even dies by corruption removal, not by DPS, so your point is completely moot.

    In conclusion, anyone thinking what this guy is saying is true to ANY extent, think again. This guy is a fool and all he wants is attention. Go try the raid for yourself before you believe anything he says, thanks.
    Lets get some stuff strait, the first and third boss in T2C take about 3 mins and 2 mins to complete on the current Beta build. You just ignore almost all mechnics, gg.
    Also when the whole T2C raid has been done on the current beta serverbuild already its not a T2C raid. Its just another trash pull. All but the bugged mumaks have been completed with stupid DPS races.

    Also this is how all software devolpment companies try to handle thier release cycle:
    Alpha (Palantir) = Feature implementation and testing
    Beta (Bullroarer) = Bug finding and polishing
    Release (Live) = No major bugs/exploits
    Hotfix(Live) = fixing of NEW exploits
    Patch(Live) = Small changes/Bugfixing

    Turbine does it like this(You can even see it on the picture of thier development cycle they released):
    Alpha (Palantir) = rough sketch of the ideas
    Beta (Bullroarer) = Feature implementation and testing
    Release (Live) = Bug finding and polishing
    Hotfix(Live) = fixing Client crashes
    Patch(Live) = fixing of the first exploits

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    757
    Don't forget that the preview build posted on Bull is known to be several builds behind what they really have on palantir. That's why I don't bother anymore doing preview-beta testing. I just checked (meaning previewed) a few things and wait.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,426
    Quote Originally Posted by Taldeen View Post
    Lets get some stuff strait, the first and third boss in T2C take about 3 mins and 2 mins to complete on the current Beta build. You just ignore almost all mechnics, gg.
    Also when the whole T2C raid has been done on the current beta serverbuild already its not a T2C raid. Its just another trash pull. All but the bugged mumaks have been completed with stupid DPS races.
    As someone who's one of the main raid leaders on roarer over the last few weeks, to my knowledge only two T2C's were done.
    Mumaks fight is just purely impossible, no one has even come close to doing it.
    The 4th just hasn't been done yet.
    The 5th fight is bugging with one shot.
    And 6th and last fight doesn't even have mechanics yet.

    I agree with boss 1 and 3 however, just pure dps, tank, no strategy.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    392
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorebane View Post
    As someone who's one of the main raid leaders on roarer over the last few weeks, to my knowledge only two T2C's were done.
    Mumaks fight is just purely impossible, no one has even come close to doing it.
    The 4th just hasn't been done yet.
    The 5th fight is bugging with one shot.
    And 6th and last fight doesn't even have mechanics yet.

    I agree with boss 1 and 3 however, just pure dps, tank, no strategy.
    I can assure you, all T2C have been completed except for the mumaks. 4-6th including. I need to check for kinship name, but that alone tells storys. That the 6th fight has no mechanics is known and makes the release on Tuesday even worse xD.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,686
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorebane View Post
    As someone who's one of the main raid leaders on roarer over the last few weeks, to my knowledge only two T2C's were done.
    Mumaks fight is just purely impossible, no one has even come close to doing it.
    The 4th just hasn't been done yet.
    The 5th fight is bugging with one shot.
    And 6th and last fight doesn't even have mechanics yet.

    I agree with boss 1 and 3 however, just pure dps, tank, no strategy.
    I haven't been on BR, but it would be nice if they don't make it a first boss farm like SS. If, when it goes live, I see people farm raid gear in T1 first boss runs, that will be my last visit to Lotro for a while.

  14. #14
    2 bosses are already done before reaching the live-server, this is actually not good.....
    And yes, BR is not final but the last 3 updates had a very simple process:

    BR - finding some Issues, Fixing 20% of them
    One week later: Update.
    Even Silent Street is still buggy. The challenge-quest doesn't really work as wanted or a tank standing in the corner.

    Just an other topic, nothing to do with the upcoming raid: Class-Balancing
    ~8 threads within a day just for class balancing and Turbine just ignores and launches....
    No, this is not how beta tests should work.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,426
    Quote Originally Posted by Taldeen View Post
    I can assure you, all T2C have been completed except for the mumaks. 4-6th including. I need to check for kinship name, but that alone tells storys. That the 6th fight has no mechanics is known and makes the release on Tuesday even worse xD.
    Went on the other night and asked around for anyone that's done more than the two challenges "most" people know about. No one said they had done more than what I said, which to my knowledge My group is one of 3 to do those two T2C's. And I didn't really count boss 6 for the reason there's no mechanics yet

    This is what I've seen so far anyway, if anyone can say they've done more, I'd love to know :3.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    6,072
    Great news it should be released tomorrow if possible. Rush it, get the people paying to play the game to test it. Turbine is powered by their fans remember so this fits in perfectly.

    Good strat, so you have 10-15 people who whine, pfft. If you gave them a free meal they would complain about the temp of the food.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,426
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorgrum View Post
    Great news it should be released tomorrow if possible.
    Released 28th... it's the 26th today :P

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    6,072
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorebane View Post
    Released 28th... it's the 26th today :P
    And that would make tomorrow the 27th, whats one day?

    Lets get this out ASAP.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,426
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorgrum View Post
    And that would make tomorrow the 27th, whats one day?

    Lets get this out ASAP.

    12345678

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,686
    Quote Originally Posted by thorgrum View Post
    free meal
    1995 tp.....

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    6,072
    Quote Originally Posted by Coeprandua View Post
    1995 tp.....
    1995 TP?

    1995 TP says you'll be one of the people QQing about the raid after Tuesday.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,469
    Based on direct player feedback, we are delaying the launch of Update 18.2 while we address some issues found with our upcoming raid. The new launch date will be announced as soon as we have resolved these issues.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,600
    Quote Originally Posted by Frelorn View Post
    Based on direct player feedback, we are delaying the launch of Update 18.2 while we address some issues found with our upcoming raid. The new launch date will be announced as soon as we have resolved these issues.
    Thank you, Frelorn - this update should be pretty amazing, and by taking some time to make it as good as it can be, I'm sure it will find an even more positive response from the player base. Many thanks for listening to community feedback!

  24. #24
    It would be fun to know what has postponed the update, so we can guesstimate how long we will wait for the raid.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,215
    Quote Originally Posted by Frelorn View Post
    Based on direct player feedback, we are delaying the launch of Update 18.2 while we address some issues found with our upcoming raid. The new launch date will be announced as soon as we have resolved these issues.
    Fantastic! Thank you
    Ishtarien - Captain
    Ishtara - Beorning | Ishtari - Rune Keeper | Ishtarel - Hunter
    Lunasa - Minstrel | Cabernetta - Guardian | Ishtaridas - Lore Master | + many more
    Eldar -> Evernight

 

 
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload