We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

I think I enjoyed Update 17 more than 18.

In update 17. I could run DA dailies, and minas tirith dailies while I was solo waiting on friends to come online to run instances, all the while getting things that helped with character advancement or were at least valuable so that I could buy things that helped with character advancement.

In update 18. I can't do anything while waiting for friends to log in to do instances, nothing of any real benefit anyway. 100 dailies don't get anything useful for 105's, and there's only a handful of dailies I can do to get the MAJOR essences that aren't even an upgrade over the 100's, I need instance barter tokens to get the recipes for the teal and gold 105 essences, and those majors stack up on you when you wait, and wait and wait, and never have a group of friends on at the same time to run the content. Those few dailies just don't keep you occupied while you wait either, so I just log off.

Standing there waiting to do group content is just not fun. I normally don't argue in favor of solo content but when it comes down to it, I'd like to have something beneficial to do while waiting for a group. I abhor pugging, it's just not fun. So I log in, open my hobbit gifts, stand around doing jack all for half an hour, and then get bored and log out. U17 I could keep occupied long enough that chances of someone I know logging in increased, so chances of me getting to do some group content increased.

Quote Originally Posted by Devildoc View Post
    In update 17. I could run DA dailies, and minas tirith dailies while I was solo waiting on friends to come online to run instances, all the while getting things that helped with character advancement or were at least valuable so that I could buy things that helped with character advancement.

In update 18. I can't do anything while waiting for friends to log in to do instances, nothing of any real benefit anyway. 100 dailies don't get anything useful for 105's, and there's only a handful of dailies I can do to get the MAJOR essences that aren't even an upgrade over the 100's, I need instance barter tokens to get the recipes for the teal and gold 105 essences, and those majors stack up on you when you wait, and wait and wait, and never have a group of friends on at the same time to run the content. Those few dailies just don't keep you occupied while you wait either, so I just log off.

Standing there waiting to do group content is just not fun. I normally don't argue in favor of solo content but when it comes down to it, I'd like to have something beneficial to do while waiting for a group. I abhor pugging, it's just not fun. So I log in, open my hobbit gifts, stand around doing jack all for half an hour, and then get bored and log out. U17 I could keep occupied long enough that chances of someone I know logging in increased, so chances of me getting to do some group content increased.
    Go the moors, its about the only place left in LOTRO where you can solo around in peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorgrum View Post
    Go the moors, its about the only place left in LOTRO where you can solo around in peace.
    Screw that, the moors is probably the worst implementation of "pvp" that I've ever seen in any MMO. It's not in the least bit enjoyable and it's laggy as hell.

Screw that, the moors is probably the worst implementation of "pvp" that I've ever seen in any MMO. It's not in the least bit enjoyable and it's laggy as hell.
    Well then buddy sounds like you're left empty handed. What else you playing?

Well then buddy sounds like you're left empty handed. What else you playing?
    Guess I can go back to GW2, even though there's not much to do there either, at least their PVP and WvW are better.

Guess I can go back to GW2, even though there's not much to do there either, at least their PVP and WvW are better.
    Ya GW2 arena was pretty good, I went to ESO and shelved GW2 a few years ago. Skyhammer was a fun map to play though.

Cheers

Ya GW2 arena was pretty good, I went to ESO and shelved GW2 a few years ago. Skyhammer was a fun map to play though.

Cheers
    man you have bad taste.. you like the moors.. and you liked the worst possible map in sPVP.. skyhammer Just a really gimmicky annoying map where someone with a lot of fears or knockbacks camps the 1 shot cannon the entire match giving their team a huge advantage in team fights.

Best maps are temple of the silent storm, forest of nifilheim, battle of khylo (at least there both teams have a gimmicky siege weapon to use so its balanced), and legacy of the foefire.

man you have bad taste.. you like the moors.. and you liked the worst possible map in sPVP.. skyhammer Just a really gimmicky annoying map where someone with a lot of fears or knockbacks camps the 1 shot cannon the entire match giving their team a huge advantage in team fights.

Best maps are temple of the silent storm, forest of nifilheim, battle of khylo (at least there both teams have a gimmicky siege weapon to use so its balanced), and legacy of the foefire.
    Maybe you just have terrible taste? There seems to be (mostly) positive feedback from Update 18. Yet again, you seem obsessed with solo play and "close-friends." It seems like you're trying to shoehorn your ideas into a game based in a multiplayer set genre. Really? That's like walking into Dominoes / Pizza Hut and complaining that they had lasagne but no spaghetti (despite it being a pizza food chain).

To make it worse, you "Poo Poo" the one person who is actively giving you recommendations and help.

Or maybe.... you know, try running a Pick-up-Group? Openly ask for help on World chat, you never know - someone might respond.

I feel like crying.

I uninstalled today.

Checking back in after 2 months because BDO has a maintenance today, I find it still lagging af, no new cosmetic for the festival apart from an ugly cloak, 1995 TP update.

This game was an integral part of my life for 4 years and I wanted to stay until the lights go out, so it's a hard parting. I'd be willing to linger if the update was free like it should be for a game this old. Turbine is a company not worthy of any respect or approval. Paying them is out of the question and I will not grind.

Are there even fanboys here left to defend them? Don't bother, I won't be back to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by OMG_PEANUTS View Post
    Maybe you just have terrible taste? There seems to be (mostly) positive feedback from Update 18. Yet again, you seem obsessed with solo play and "close-friends." It seems like you're trying to shoehorn your ideas into a game based in a multiplayer set genre. Really? That's like walking into Dominoes / Pizza Hut and complaining that they had lasagne but no spaghetti (despite it being a pizza food chain).

To make it worse, you "Poo Poo" the one person who is actively giving you recommendations and help.

Or maybe.... you know, try running a Pick-up-Group? Openly ask for help on World chat, you never know - someone might respond.
    Oh I like playing in groups but I like to play with people I know. PuGs almost never talk, they're just not fun. I'd rather do something else, even if it means another game.

My not liking Update 18 revolves around the fact that yet again, a level cap increase results in their being LESS content to do at cap than the prior cap. It's not an expansion of content it's content replacement, and often times, replacing with less content than we had before, until a few more updates round it out. Maybe update 19 will make it better. But as it stands now, update 18 is pretty boring unless you like pugging, or are fortunate enough to catch friends on when you log on. If you're left waiting for friends to log on, well, you either PuG, participate in the worst PVP in the entire genre, or sit there and twiddle your thumbs until either people log in, or you get bored and log out. There was more content at 100, but now much of that content just has no value.

U18 been miles better update than u17. U17 broke totally what little balance this game had in pve and questing content was absolutely ####.

You can easily do featured instance while you wait for your friends, just set it to t1 and solo it.

Quote Originally Posted by siipperi View Post
    U18 been miles better update than u17. U17 broke totally what little balance this game had in pve and questing content was absolutely ####.

You can easily do featured instance while you wait for your friends, just set it to t1 and solo it.
    He is not only looking at U17 but lvl 100 progression outside of instances. And together Gondor and Old Anorien have far more to offer on solo progression then U17 which basically has none at all. So lvl 105 has nothing he can do to progress his character while waiting on his friends compared to lvl 100. Besides not everyone can solo T1 lvl 105 instances. I can't even solo T1 lvl 50 Osgiliath instances.

Quote Originally Posted by wispsong View Post
    He is not only looking at U17 but lvl 100 progression outside of instances. And together Gondor and Old Anorien have far more to offer on solo progression then U17 which basically has none at all. So lvl 105 has nothing he can do to progress his character while waiting on his friends compared to lvl 100. Besides not everyone can solo T1 lvl 105 instances. I can't even solo T1 lvl 50 Osgiliath instances.
    He can still do old dailies to get empo scrolls if he so wishes. On level 100 on other hand you just had solo dailies only for a long time. On u17 only solo dailies and osgiliath armor all other loot was obselete because of crafting update broke everything else.

If players cant solo t1 HoN, well its their problem, instance is up there with school/lib in terms of easiness. Mobs doing less damage than landscape mobs.

He can still do old dailies to get empo scrolls if he so wishes. On level 100 on other hand you just had solo dailies only for a long time. On u17 only solo dailies and osgiliath armor all other loot was obselete because of crafting update broke everything else.

If players cant solo t1 HoN, well its their problem, instance is up there with school/lib in terms of easiness. Mobs doing less damage than landscape mobs.
    I talked about the Osgiliath instances. Ost Elendil was not soloable at Lvl 105 T1. I did it with kin. a lot of times this depends though not only on your skill but also on your class. Don't know about HoN. You got Osgiliath in U16 and now again you have instances in U18 with a raid coming. Both times solo progression really didn't/doesn't get anything new. U17 made up for it, or at least tried but essence gear imo just adds a second unnecessary grind (no teal essences to buy) and I hope eventually they add crafting recipes for armor that do not require any or only one. These of course should require new guild patterns even if they hopefully don't add a new guild tier to level.

Maybe he has his LIs fully levelled and doesn't need empo scrolls any more. I on the other hand gave up on my LIs when they raised the caps. Sure , I upgrade it sometimes but more as an afterthought.

Edit: The crafting update in U17 broke everything else? What are you talking about? The armor was not as good as the MT armor. And the jewellery required 3 essences. I only have it on one character but she doesn't have other essence gear. Like stated before, the essences are killing progression for me.
    Last edited by wispsong; Apr 27 2016 at 08:29 AM.

Edit: The crafting update in U17 broke everything else? What are you talking about? The armor was not as good as the MT armor. And the jewellery required 3 essences. I only have it on one character but she doesn't have other essence gear. Like stated before, the essences are killing progression for me.
    Increase of LIs to stupid levels - making all DPS races in game meaningless on U17, anorien jewellery allowing players to cap mastery and having enough morale to compete on T2 instances.

I talked about the Osgiliath instances. Ost Elendil was not soloable at Lvl 105 T1. I did it with kin. a lot of times this depends though not only on your skill but also on your class. Don't know about HoN. You got Osgiliath in U16 and now again you have instances in U18 with a raid coming. Both times solo progression really didn't/doesn't get anything new. U17 made up for it, or at least tried but essence gear imo just adds a second unnecessary grind (no teal essences to buy) and I hope eventually they add crafting recipes for armor that do not require any or only one. These of course should require new guild patterns even if they hopefully don't add a new guild tier to level.

Maybe he has his LIs fully levelled and doesn't need empo scrolls any more. I on the other hand gave up on my LIs when they raised the caps. Sure , I upgrade it sometimes but more as an afterthought.

You could at least get essences with solo content prior to U18, and you got decent armor with solo content, the best armor with group content, and essences could also drop from group content.

Now.. essences and armor for 105 require group content. So if you like pugging, great. If you don't like pugging, you'll spend a lot of time getting bored and logging out before people you know are on.

The system is compounded by the fact that the armor is RNG drops, rather than something you can save up towards buying. Someone at Turbine just either decided they hate player's guts, or they forgot to pack their brain into their skull when designing the loot tables.

You say U17 but you are also talking about the previous updates aswell. With u17 you had 4 regions, with u18 you have only 1. I mean the only reason that lv100 dailies aren't worth it it's because there has been a level capincrease, and if the new level cap had come with u17 instea, you'd be saying the same about DA dailies. There isn't any new solo content in the new expansion, true, but there wasn't any new group content with u14, u15 or u17 (many more updates before that, but irrelevant to lv100+). You don't have to wait for your friends to do instances by the way. Especially if you are doing any of the featured ones no matter the tier. Some classes can even solo them. For the pelennor ones on tier 2 you may need to know who you are running with but it's not impossible to pug. You say pugging is not fun but mindlessly doing solo dailies is? really?

Empowerment scrolls are so easy to get now that I have a billion marks sitting in my bank doing nothing. Seriously, there are so many ways to get them now, they drop like crazy in instances and daily boxes give you 2 on average.

I do agree that random drops from instances and pelennor armor dropping from t1 is just straight up stupid, especially when you can get armor for classes that aren't even there from challenge chests.

I would say, U18 is not at all solo friendly, that once the quest chain and epic are done, there is nothing left for the soloist to do. I'm not sure why Turbine left that part of it so short of content.

That said, U18 brought a new instance cluster and also featured instances. I think that has had a very positive outcome on the game and players. World is busy, instances are busy, players are busy. There is the more challenging content of Pelennor instances to keep the hard core groupers busy, there is t2 on featured and for people new to it all there is t1, and all comes with reward of some kind.

For me, its a big step up, and it's very nice to see people grouping as much as they are.

Fingers crossed it continues.

A bit more for solo players on this update or at least more quests than it contains would have made it better, but it did bring some very nice features.
    Sometimes, no matter how hard you look, there is no best light.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    I would say, U18 is not at all solo friendly, that once the quest chain and epic are done, there is nothing left for the soloist to do. I'm not sure why Turbine left that part of it so short of content.

That said, U18 brought a new instance cluster and also featured instances. I think that has had a very positive outcome on the game and players. World is busy, instances are busy, players are busy. There is the more challenging content of Pelennor instances to keep the hard core groupers busy, there is t2 on featured and for people new to it all there is t1, and all comes with reward of some kind.

For me, its a big step up, and it's very nice to see people grouping as much as they are.

Fingers crossed it continues.

A bit more for solo players on this update or at least more quests than it contains would have made it better, but it did bring some very nice features.
    Looking at myself there is no way I can do any lvl 100/105 instance even on T1 by myself. That leaves me very dependent on fellowships and I wont be doing any outside my kin. Solo content is very slim and solo progression doesn't seem to exist at all. This is an update for groupers and seeing it as such maybe they should not have increased the level cap at this point. Groupers got content in U16 and U18 and I don't mind that. What I mind is that there are not enough quests to get to the new level cap and no solo way of progression once there. I still hope that with 18.x we get new guild crafting (don't need a new tier or guild leveling) where the end product does not require essences but is close to essence gear. I also hope for more quests, dailies, and better solo rewards to come soon.

Since U18 is way to expensive at this point anyways I'll just wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgoogles2 View Post
    You say U17 but you are also talking about the previous updates aswell. With u17 you had 4 regions, with u18 you have only 1. I mean the only reason that lv100 dailies aren't worth it it's because there has been a level capincrease, and if the new level cap had come with u17 instea, you'd be saying the same about DA dailies. There isn't any new solo content in the new expansion, true, but there wasn't any new group content with u14, u15 or u17 (many more updates before that, but irrelevant to lv100+). You don't have to wait for your friends to do instances by the way. Especially if you are doing any of the featured ones no matter the tier. Some classes can even solo them. For the pelennor ones on tier 2 you may need to know who you are running with but it's not impossible to pug. You say pugging is not fun but mindlessly doing solo dailies is? really?

Empowerment scrolls are so easy to get now that I have a billion marks sitting in my bank doing nothing. Seriously, there are so many ways to get them now, they drop like crazy in instances and daily boxes give you 2 on average.

I do agree that random drops from instances and pelennor armor dropping from t1 is just straight up stupid, especially when you can get armor for classes that aren't even there from challenge chests.

Soloing isn't that fun, but pugging is less fun. Half the time pugging makes you wish you could reach through the screen and strangle the people through it.

Also when I talk about "update 17" yes, of course I'm talking about all the level 100 updates. All level 100 content remains relevant as long as the cap is 100. It's the level cap increase that ruins everything.

as far as soloing the instances, pure DPS classes don't do that well, we have a lot less survival skills to fall back on to heal. Guardians, Wardens, Captains, and Minstrels I'm sure solo them well. Champs and Hunters? Not as well.
    Last edited by Devildoc; Apr 27 2016 at 11:56 PM.

Like the moors? I used to yes, Its the only place in ME with a modicum of challenge and even then its slim. Skyhammer wasnt bad I dont know what youre on about, Khylo was good too. I had a blast on both maps with my Necro, i havent visted that game in a long time now I bet its changed a lot.

Otherwise I am looking for a MR2 Toyota Spyder to rebuild, know anyone?

This is pretty true, except for when it'll be Wound Wing.

Still, soloing instances on T1 is quite tedious, I don't like doing it, and even with groups it's still just this formality for currency...as in a fail proof 5-10 minute something you need to do everyday. Not fun by any means. Especially with the current loot dynamic.

"It is wisdom to recognize necessity, when all other courses have been weighed,
    though as folly it may appear to those who cling to false hope."

Like the moors? I used to yes, Its the only place in ME with a modicum of challenge and even then its slim. Skyhammer wasnt bad I dont know what youre on about, Khylo was good too. I had a blast on both maps with my Necro, i havent visted that game in a long time now I bet its changed a lot.

Otherwise I am looking for a MR2 Toyota Spyder to rebuild, know anyone?
    Oh so you were on your necro, with a ton of fears, camping the cannon. That's the exact reason I dislike the map. You're on the cannon able to get 1 shot kills on people who are busy fighting your teammates, and preventing them from capping points, and if people come to take the cannon away from you you just fear them off the edge to their deaths. That's the exact reason the map is bad.

Soloing isn't that fun, but pugging is less fun. Half the time pugging makes you wish you could reach through the screen and strangle the people through it.

Also when I talk about "update 17" yes, of course I'm talking about all the level 100 updates. All level 100 content remains relevant as long as the cap is 100. It's the level cap increase that ruins everything.

as far as soloing the instances, pure DPS classes don't do that well, we have a lot less survival skills to fall back on to heal. Guardians, Wardens, Captains, and Minstrels I'm sure solo them well. Champs and Hunters? Not as well.
    Champ is one of the best solo classes for instance in this game.

There are few things funnier than this champ build (or similar) for soloing t1 content.

Killing Spree with yellow spec. You know it makes sense.

http://www.lotrottp.lotrostatus.com/l.php?c=4Ns

SHING-SHING!
    *heals 10000 morale*

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast