We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

So this is as good as it gets !!!

this came in from Frelorn , I anticipated it , I waited for it

"In order to help mitigate some performance issues the team is working on resolving, the LOTRO Game Servers will be brought down each Thursday from 8:00 AM - 10:00 AM Eastern (-5 GMT) for a maintenance restart. Thanks for your patience, and we'll see you back in the game soon!"

no apology , jack diddly squat by way of an explanation why after all these months , server closures , transfers , lack of European servers ,insane lag etc things are clearly getting worse and they are utterly clueless as to what to do other than the obligatory "switch and switch back on again" .

I am impressed , wow , once more Turbines customer service is outstanding .

Do you not think that you could have at least apologised for having to do this ? A "thank you for your patience" isn't an apology btw , its merely an acknowledgment that we are still waiting for you to resolve problems . Soon we will have a restart every day .

The Thursday restarts are only temporary. For example, yesterday we announced that there were New ISP Routes in Place. Our Ops team continues to work on server configuration changes, and our game engineers are looking at all options from the game coding side. Everyone here is committed to improving game performance, but in the meantime we have found that restarting the servers can help mitigate some of the issues that can pop up.

Thank you for the clarification Frelorn

@OP : most of the MMOs I know are having weekly maintenance and server restarts so I really don't understand your post.

Are you really asking for an apology because Turbine is trying to make our game better ?

Quote Originally Posted by Frelorn View Post
    The Thursday restarts are only temporary. For example, yesterday we announced that there were New ISP Routes in Place. Our Ops team continues to work on server configuration changes, and our game engineers are looking at all options from the game coding side. Everyone here is committed to improving game performance, but in the meantime we have found that restarting the servers can help mitigate some of the issues that can pop up.
    Still waiting for it , go on you can do it , Ill give you a clue , it begins with "S" and ends with "y" , sounds like "lorry" .

Why not try hitting the servers with a hammer ?

Tell you what , can you give me the new route from Hebden Bridge Railway station to Todmorden ? , that's about as relevant and probably more useful .

Tell you what again , you just gotta laugh out loud otherwise its head against brick wall syndrome .

Quote Originally Posted by Amorey View Post
    Thank you for the clarification Frelorn

@OP : most of the MMOs I know are having weekly maintenance and server restarts so I really don't understand your post.

Are you really asking for an apology because Turbine is trying to make our game better ?
    Yes and if you have a problem with that you have as much clue as to customer service as they do . Many are seeing no results whatsoever so go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Tirn View Post
    Yes and if you have a problem with that you have as much clue as to customer service as they do . Many are seeing no results whatsoever so go figure.
    I only have a problem with people whining - This thread is not a constructive discussion to gather feedback , this thread is just a one person rant therefore you cannot expect much support

I only have a problem with people whining - This thread is not a constructive discussion to gather feedback , this thread is just a one person rant therefore you cannot expect much support

Agreed. It can be frustrating when you log for LOTRO time and there's unscheduled downtime but at the end of the day it's a temporary fix to improve our gaming. Just do something else in that time. There's a lot of pent up frustration over different issues in the game and serious issues I would see Turbine make right immediately, but whine threads like this over more trivial maters just mean creditable threads will get lost in the haze of whine.

Suck it up and focus your rage on more important areas of improvement.
    Last edited by Fingoldrom; Mar 24 2016 at 11:54 AM.

Sorry my reply posted twice for some reason

Quote Originally Posted by Fingoldrom View Post
    Agreed. I know there's a lot of pent up frustration going on over various things in the game, and it can be frustrating when you go to log and there's unscheduled downtime but at the end of the day it's a temporary solution to improve our gaming.
    I think people would be more forgiving if the entire data center move didn't turn out to be the cluster !"£$% that it did (not to mention the whole EU lie).
    It was just two weeks ago, Vyvv and Frelorn were saying to the players that the majority of the problems were fixed (her exact words) and they were only receiving a small amount of bug reports.
    So while nothing changed on our end (performance wise things were still broken as they ever were) we are to expect that all of a sudden they realized "oh ####, I guess the majority of the problems aren't fixed?"
    Do you realize how incompetent that makes them look? If only they actually played the game, we probably wouldn't be in this position.
    I understand the frustration, because I share it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fingoldrom View Post
    Agreed. It can be frustrating when you log for LOTRO time and there's unscheduled downtime but at the end of the day it's a temporary fix to improve our gaming. Just do something else in that time. There's a lot of pent up frustration over different issues in the game and serious issues I would see Turbine make right immediately, but whine threads like this over more trivial maters just mean creditable threads will get lost in the haze of whine.

Suck it up and focus your rage on more important areas of improvement.
    Turbine Fanboi out in force . Whats more important than performance and lag issues ?

Quote Originally Posted by Denhith View Post
    I think people would be more forgiving if the entire data center move didn't turn out to be the cluster !"£$% that it did (not to mention the whole EU lie).
    It was just two weeks ago, Vyvv and Frelorn were saying to the players that the majority of the problems were fixed (her exact words) and they were only receiving a small amount of bug reports.
    So while nothing changed on our end (performance wise things were still broken as they ever were) we are to expect that all of a sudden they realized "oh ####, I guess the majority of the problems aren't fixed?"
    Do you realize how incompetent that makes them look? If only they actually played the game, we probably wouldn't be in this position.
    I understand the frustration, because I share it.
    Precisely , as do the majority of people other than the two fan boi responses seen before

if you do these restarts every week... can you make it automated? if yes, please make it 5-7 hours earlier for EU server. 14-16 o'clock is not really the nicest time for serverdowns every week.
    Diskutierer, Fragenbeantworter, Twinker, Händler, Handwerker und Gründer der 'Gemeinschaft der freien Völker' auf Belegaer.
    Deutsche Guides für nahezu alles, was Casuals interessieren könnte, gibts hier: http://gdfv.forumo.de/guides-f24/

When I first got into computers, the computerG center at UC Berkeley
    came down EVERY MORNING for two hours, from four to six AM,
    for routine preventive maintenance.

This put a spoke in the wheel of one of the professors I worked for,
    who was an early riser anyway and had hoped to input his papers
    himself before breakfast. But for some reason he couldn't log in.

So he came into the office and said, "Here's my terminal, here's my
    modem, here's my tutorials and manuals, here's my 10,000-word
    working paper on urban development in Seoul, can I have a rough
    draft by Friday?"

And that's how I got into computers.
    Eruanne - Shards of Narsil-1 - Elendilmir -> Arkenstone
    www.kithrup.com/~djheydt/

So they shouldn't restart the servers to fix the login issue that will appear over the weekend if they don't?
    Phrasing! Doesn't anybody do phrasing anymore?

Precisely , as do the majority of people other than the two fan boi responses seen before
    I am not a 'fan boi' but I still don't like people whining

Quote Originally Posted by Oelle View Post
    if you do these restarts every week... can you make it automated? if yes, please make it 5-7 hours earlier for EU server. 14-16 o'clock is not really the nicest time for serverdowns every week.
    They are not automated and require staff to be on hand to make sure everything comes back online correctly. We thus have chosen the time based on the lowest populations during hours that are reasonable to ask staff to come in at and is the same time frame that we normally choose to have down times for maintenance, updates, etc to maintain consistency.

The weekly restarts should only be a short term occurrence. The main purpose for the restarts is a bug that should be fixed with Update 18, thus once that is out these should not be necessary.

I am not a 'fan boi' but I still don't like people whining
    o you haven't seen a whine yet , you keep accepting third rate service with a smile

o you haven't seen a whine yet , you keep accepting third rate service with a smile
    Third rate service when you just got 2 blue replies in your thread ?

I don't need to whine to get my criticism across if I have to , and smiles are a much better way to get people attention

Quote Originally Posted by Vyvyanne View Post
    They are not automated and require staff to be on hand to make sure everything comes back online correctly. We thus have chosen the time based on the lowest populations during hours that are reasonable to ask staff to come in at and is the same time frame that we normally choose to have down times for maintenance, updates, etc to maintain consistency.

The weekly restarts should only be a short term occurrence. The main purpose for the restarts is a bug that should be fixed with Update 18, thus once that is out these should not be necessary.
    Of course I believe you but you wont mind then when I quote you on this statement in due course . Define "Short term" ? ie specify how many weeks please

Quote Originally Posted by Vyvyanne View Post

Yep screw the EU players yet again! It's alright, we don't expect any other from Turbine, because God forbid that the US players might be inconvenienced for once!

Third rate service when you just got 2 blue replies in your thread ?

I don't need to whine to get my criticism across if I have to , and smiles are a much better way to get people attention
    Service isn't about posting vague responses on a forum . A Fan boi deems any criticism as a whine , its hard to see from your responses how anything could be anything other than a whine . No wait a smiley face is clearly constructive criticism

Service isn't about posting vague responses on a forum .
    Vague responses when they both gave you quite a few details of the situation ? Ok, if you say so

A Fan boi deems any criticism as a whine
    I still stand by my belief your thread is just an other excuse to whine and rant rather than constructive criticism. You are demanding apologies and still continue to argue even after you got your blue replies

its hard to see from your responses how anything could be anything other than a whine . No wait a smiley face is clearly constructive criticism
    I am not whining at you, I am just telling you what I think

Quote Originally Posted by Hammadryad View Post
    Yep screw the EU players yet again! It's alright, we don't expect any other from Turbine, because God forbid that the US players might be inconvenienced for once!
    Yup. Maybe if you could, oh I don't know, beat the Germans on your own for once, you could have nice things.
    Phrasing! Doesn't anybody do phrasing anymore?

As Blue names seem to be reading this thread , maybe we could get an answer to this.
    In another thread the problems being experienced , rubberbanding etc, are blamed on client side lack of memory,

"What you are describing is not due to the ISP issues others in this thread are seeing. What you are describing is the client memory size issue that was particularly noticed with the release of the new regions in Update 17 (MT and Pelennor in particular). Reducing the memory load of those regions will take a client update which we are working on in Update 18 to reduce the general memory requirements of those regions as well as the new regions in Update 18".

well ive got 32 gigs of DDR4 (2133) can a blue name tell me how much memory I need?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast