We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

@DEVS: One Simple Change for Each Class

..that would make PvP dramatically better:

Freep:

Beornings: Increase Cooldown of Hearten/Composure from 14 seconds to 20 seconds
    Burglar: Double cooldown of Provoke from 5s to 10s
    Captain: Noble Mark returns 0.5% of Morale, instead of 1%
    Champion: Remove slow from Duel OR reduce the slow AND remove target damage nerf portion
    Guardian: Disable skill Prey on the Weak OR place a -50% incoming healing modifier on Prey on the Weak
    Hunter: Give a 5% mitigation boost when in Red Line
    Loremaster: Make Fire Shield Damage mitigated
    Minstrel: Reduce the 2nd heal on BC in blue line to be 33-50% of what it is now.
    Rune-Keeper: Make Armor of Storm not reflect off Bleeds, OR, if this is not possible, reduce duration to 10 seconds
    Warden: Halve the effectiveness of all HoTs.

Creep:
    Defiler: Give a damage stance with significant nerf to healing (60%, perhaps), and a 5-10% damage boost. While in heal stance, damage skills should have their effectiveness reduced by 75%. Put a 60s cooldown on switching stances, and useable only out of combat.
    Reaver: Make Wrath a mastery-based heal or halve its percent return
    Spider: Nerf damage across the border by 20%
    Warg: Give internal 7s cooldown on all interrupts. For example, Eye Gouge/Pounce can only interrupt once every seven seconds, ignoring skill cooldowns.
    Warleader: Give an additional damaging skill.
    Last edited by Spilo; Feb 26 2016 at 10:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spilo View Post

Freep:

Champion: Remove slow from Duel OR reduce the slow AND remove target damage nerf portion
    Guardian: Disable skill Prey on the Weak OR place a -50% incoming healing modifier on Prey on the Weak
    Minstrel: Increase Cooldown of Bolster Courage from 0 seconds to 2 seconds
    Rune-Keeper: Make Armor of Storm not reflect off Bleeds, OR, if this is not possible, reduce duration to 10 seconds

Creep:
    Defiler: Give a damage stance with significant nerf to healing (60%, perhaps), and a 5-10% damage boost. While in heal stance, damage skills should have their effectiveness reduced by 75%. Put a 60s cooldown on switching stances, and useable only out of combat.
    Warg: Give internal 7s cooldown on all interrupts. For example, Eye Gouge/Pounce can only interrupt once every seven seconds, ignoring skill cooldowns.

I agree with most of this except for:

Captain: Don't see why you'd nerf noble mark
    Hunter: A 5% buff to mitigations will do nothing to help the plight of the hunter.
    Warden: This would make them useless tanks in pve.
    Guard: Their damage sucks so I think Prey on the weak is fine as is

Quote Originally Posted by 007Squanto View Post
    I agree with most of this except for:

Captain: Don't see why you'd nerf noble mark
    Hunter: A 5% buff to mitigations will do nothing to help the plight of the hunter.
    Warden: This would make them useless tanks in pve.
    Guard: Their damage sucks so I think Prey on the weak is fine as is
    I probably should clarify that these are PvP only changes.

Noble Mark mostly due to discourage the morale stacking builds that make a class unkillable to 1-2 creeps while sti having the DPS to kill.
    True about hunters, however it's at least a start.
    Guardian DPS is actually quite capable if you are decent at the class. With a warriors Heart, theoretically Thrill of danger, and half of Prey heals, the class still has great survivability. I would even be a fan of removing Prey on the Weak totally and giving a flat 20% damage boost.

Freep:

Creep:
    I would add make all skills mitigated nothing should bypass mits and I believe from what I'm told that's part of the issue with spider damage and power drain.

The rest looks good except we both know turbine won't put the effort for these to go into affect once you enter the pvp zone

Bolster courage suggestion is terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGENDofALL View Post
    I would add make all skills mitigated nothing should bypass mits and I believe from what I'm told that's part of the issue with spider damage and power drain.

The rest looks good except we both know turbine won't put the effort for these to go into affect once you enter the pvp zone
    Interesting. Good to know.

What would you suggest, Sliperii?

Disagree with pretty much everything, since you're prioritizing it to 1 change per class.
    "It is wisdom to recognize necessity, when all other courses have been weighed,
    though as folly it may appear to those who cling to false hope."

Why do you still make these?

Quote Originally Posted by infinitewhimsy View Post
    Disagree with pretty much everything, since you're prioritizing it to 1 change per class.
    What would your suggestions be then?

I enjoy making these threads because I enjoy analyzing and proposing solutions. I enjoy making them, but I don't expect anything to come of them.

Interesting. Good to know.

What would you suggest, Sliperii?
    No cooldown on bolster courage is and how minstrel should be, it's the main healing skill that always been the most spammed healing skill on the rotation. It been that way and should remain. What they should do is to totally revamp minstrel healing (which wont happen) or for this threads purposes lower bolstering our courage trait bonus to heal 15-20% of bolster courage strenght.

After that we would see 1.5-4k aoe healing per bolster courage that is in my opinion quite balanced, but for making this change they should boost inspiring fellows heal significantly. But these changes arent just something that should be concerned for pvp but would make class more interesting overall for pve as well.

Edit. Oh and wargs need longer cooldown on claws and damage nerf on it as well.
    Last edited by siipperi; Feb 25 2016 at 08:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by siipperi View Post
    No cooldown on bolster courage is and how minstrel should be, it's the main healing skill that always been the most spammed healing skill on the rotation. It been that way and should remain. What they should do is to totally revamp minstrel healing (which wont happen) or for this threads purposes lower bolstering our courage trait bonus to heal 15-20% of bolster courage strenght.

After that we would see 1.5-4k aoe healing per bolster courage that is in my opinion quite balanced, but for making this change they should boost inspiring fellows heal significantly. But these changes arent just something that should be concerned for pvp but would make class more interesting overall for pve as well.

Edit. Oh and wargs need longer cooldown on claws and damage nerf on it as well.
    Hm good to know. Why do you think Claws needs a nerf? I would like to see Wargs DPS potential to be spread over more skills, and a nerf to class then. But Warg DPS is in a good position at the moment.

Nerfing classes so the game can be more ezmode is a great idea!

Although, I do agree that WLs need another damage skill.
    Heya! My name is Bruce; I've been playing since right before Helm's Deep came out. Hope to keep playing for many ages to come!

Au Contraire. It's removal of the most easy mode skills. Read the list carefully.

Au Contraire. It's removal of the most easy mode skills. Read the list carefully.
    So removing powerful skills..leaving the class less powerful..is not making it easymode? I think if you took away a police man's gun and replaced it with a water gun, it'd be considered a decrease of power and potent..making it ezmode. And even if you did manage to take many of the powerful skills out, wars of attrition are frightfully boring and predictable.
    Heya! My name is Bruce; I've been playing since right before Helm's Deep came out. Hope to keep playing for many ages to come!

Quote Originally Posted by The_Warg View Post
    So removing powerful skills..leaving the class less powerful..is not making it easymode? I think if you took away a police man's gun and replaced it with a water gun, it'd be considered a decrease of power and potent..making it ezmode. And even if you did manage to take many of the powerful skills out, wars of attrition are frightfully boring and predictable.
    So Provoke mez, composure, Warden HoTs, Fire Shiekd, Thrill of Danger, Wrath, Stanceless Defiler, etc. count as the most powerful skills. What we have is a collection of the most broken/arguably not WAI skills and traits in the game. None of these have a place in their current state in this game; and the vast majority didn't exist or weren't an issue before HD and after.

So Provoke mez, composure, Warden HoTs, Fire Shiekd, Thrill of Danger, Wrath, Stanceless Defiler, etc. count as the most powerful skills. What we have is a collection of the most broken/arguably not WAI skills and traits in the game. None of these have a place in their current state in this game; and the vast majority didn't exist or weren't an issue before HD and after.
    Hm, don't recall saying that those were (but they aren't weak skills for sure), okay. And, yeah, no place in their current state in the game, it's not like they've been here for years and pretty much everyone uses them. No place in their current state! But each to their own, hope your ideas go well.

What would your suggestions be then?

I enjoy making these threads because I enjoy analyzing and proposing solutions. I enjoy making them, but I don't expect anything to come of them.
    I cbf to create a list, as comprehensive change is simply required. But if I had to pick some simple singular changes...

Mins : Reduce the 2nd heal on BC in blue line to be 33-50% of what it is now.
    Warleader : Reduce the Stun duration on Shield-Bash, or change the reset trait somehow. The current spammable 10s stun is stupid.
    Weaver : Toxin is now mitigated, can no longer crit.

I'd also like to implement something to cure certain Freep debuffs, as Armor debuffs are far too effective with no real way to manage them on Creep. I am not sure how to go about this, I think maybe modify the WL Purge trait to include more skills or something.

Nothing else is too pressing imo. Most of your changes seem 1v1 centric, and the part of me that cared about that is (rightfully) long gone.
    "It is wisdom to recognize necessity, when all other courses have been weighed,
    though as folly it may appear to those who cling to false hope."

I probably should clarify that these are PvP only changes.

Noble Mark mostly due to discourage the morale stacking builds that make a class unkillable to 1-2 creeps while sti having the DPS to kill.
    True about hunters, however it's at least a start.
    Guardian DPS is actually quite capable if you are decent at the class. With a warriors Heart, theoretically Thrill of danger, and half of Prey heals, the class still has great survivability. I would even be a fan of removing Prey on the Weak totally and giving a flat 20% damage boost.
    Guardian DPS is quite good because of PoTW (especially against multiple creeps), if you were to completely remove it guard dps would suffer a lot.
    Keeping the dps part of PoTW (maybe make it mastery based as well) and nerfing the heal part seems like a sensible solution.

Given the current state of healing in EM i would like to see every class get an inc. heal debuff.

Why do you people keep making these?

First of all, there are no devs.

Then there's the issue that...none cares anymore. They didn't care about what the players had to say back when the game was considered a half-decent MMO. Why would they care now?

All that lotro does now, is put out updates of amateur skill copy-pasted landscape of previous designs, increasing the LI grind, and adding 1 or 2 more essense slots. PvE is non-existant, PvP devs have left the building years ago, and every half serious MMO player stopped playing years ago.

Old players that still play, will never quit. New players will not come to this game since there are much much better alternatives out there in the MMO market, and from companies that at least try. So why would they put money and effort into something that will not give anything back? They put out a copy-pasted Dol Amroth, made a few alterations and presented it as Minas Tirith. None cared.

The new company that owns this game will only do so much, just to prolongue it's death, with the minimum resources and effort required. They do not read forum wish-lists.

All you should expect PvP-wise, is last minute fixes featuring 10 more levels to freep LI legacies (I hear they are 45 now.. LOL) and 20-30k more creep morale.

Hm good to know. Why do you think Claws needs a nerf? I would like to see Wargs DPS potential to be spread over more skills, and a nerf to class then. But Warg DPS is in a good position at the moment.
    Imo claws produce way too big chuck of dps on the warg, what I would like to see if to nerf it and boost some other skills that aren't that often used. Also 1s cooldown on the claws is a bit off imo, should be 2s. Any half twit can do 1.5k dps on light armors on low rank warg these days just by spamming claws. What I would like to see buffed to compensate loss on claws would be swipe, and SnS significantly.

I agree with some of your ideas although I doubt that this marginally changes would make any difference on the whole.

Freep:

What would a "nerf" to LMs Fire Shield change? It dosen't matter much im group/raid play and isn't the biggest problem in solo play. As Warg with pretty good dps and low cd interrupt I can take down a good lm, but as reaver or ba there's almost no change to breake through stacked waterlore, doesn't matter how much Fire Shield hurts.
    And for wardens....yeah just remove hots while traitet red line, never surrender is enough healing as long as warden dps is what it is now.

Creep:
    Some good things.
    But I don't see why reavers wrath should get a nerf while nothing else added to them. Reavers are far away from being OP or so. Yes their healing is powerful, but therefore they don't have really much dps and no meanigful cc. Nerfing Wrath without increased dps would make reavers even more out of favor. But don't take me wrong I don't like wrath like it is now, but a nerf to it wouldn't make things better when they get nothing to compare it.
    I'd rather see a additional healing skill for wl than a dmg skill. Still happens too often that I stand around and have to watch other groupmembers dying.

As far as I can remember wargs primary role was described as Stealth/Scout with a second role as Dps. I agree that wargs dps is in a good position right now, but reavers and ba's are not. They are far behing that what a good warg can do. And don't tell me anything about glass canon, wargs are not supposed to be the main dps'ers in groups and for soloplay the surprising moment paired with good cc/debuff skills is always very powerful even if you take much dmg.

You know for a fact that these would be simple to implement? Are you a developer on the lotro team? If it were as simple as forum posters make it seem it would have been done already.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Warg View Post
    Hm, don't recall saying that those were (but they aren't weak skills for sure), okay. And, yeah, no place in their current state in the game, it's not like they've been here for years and pretty much everyone uses them. No place in their current state! But each to their own, hope your ideas go well.
    Well, like I said the vast majority either didn't exist, OR (I should say) weren't in the state that they currently are in. Go down the list and you'll see the vast majority of them fall into one of those two categories, Thanks for your well wishes!

I cbf to create a list, as comprehensive change is simply required. But if I had to pick some simple singular changes...

Mins : Reduce the 2nd heal on BC in blue line to be 33-50% of what it is now.
    Warleader : Reduce the Stun duration on Shield-Bash, or change the reset trait somehow. The current spammable 10s stun is stupid.
    Weaver : Toxin is now mitigated, can no longer crit.

I'd also like to implement something to cure certain Freep debuffs, as Armor debuffs are far too effective with no real way to manage them on Creep. I am not sure how to go about this, I think maybe modify the WL Purge trait to include more skills or something.

Nothing else is too pressing imo. Most of your changes seem 1v1 centric, and the part of me that cared about that is (rightfully) long gone.
    I agree with your suggestions, and I'll adjust the Minstrel one to match yours. As far as Spiders, the power drain is obnoxious, but the biggest pressing issue I see with spiders is not their CC, Power Drain, etc. gameplay, but the fact they can do all that and still pump out nearly the highest single-target damage in the game.

Some are 1v1 centered, I admit, but the Burglar, Champion, Minstrel, Rune-Keeper, Defiler, Spider, and Warg changes are not, and you can argue that the Beorning, Hunter, and Reaver changes have their own significance in group play. See, I'm not just against things that make solo play imbalanced, I'm against stupid solo play things- things that make solo play either unenjoyable or impossible.

Guardian DPS is quite good because of PoTW (especially against multiple creeps), if you were to completely remove it guard dps would suffer a lot.
    Keeping the dps part of PoTW (maybe make it mastery based as well) and nerfing the heal part seems like a sensible solution.

Given the current state of healing in EM i would like to see every class get an inc. heal debuff.
    Which is why I suggest that PoTW is disabled, and a flat 20% ish boost to damage is given. Other solutions have been suggested as well, your heal-nerf specific suggestion is quality.

I used to be an advocate of an incoming healing debuff for wargs until the most recent update put Warg DPS in a good position (except for the still broken classes of Beorning, Warden, and Guardian). At this point, anymore blanket-changes for either side is going to be a mistake- individual class balance is the only thing that will restore any source of dignity to the Moors. It's a fool's hope, but I enjoy discussing and brain-storming it for its own sake, not because I actually believe it will happen.

Why do you people keep making these?
    As I said, I enjoy analyzing and proposing solutions. These won't be implemented, I'd be my life on it, but I enjoy it regardless. If you find the whole thing foolish and not entertaining to discuss, then I completely understand.

Imo claws produce way too big chuck of dps on the warg, what I would like to see if to nerf it and boost some other skills that aren't that often used. Also 1s cooldown on the claws is a bit off imo, should be 2s. Any half twit can do 1.5k dps on light armors on low rank warg these days just by spamming claws. What I would like to see buffed to compensate loss on claws would be swipe, and SnS significantly.
    Agreed- even a Rend buff would be nice.

What would a "nerf" to LMs Fire Shield change? It dosen't matter much im group/raid play and isn't the biggest problem in solo play. As Warg with pretty good dps and low cd interrupt I can take down a good lm, but as reaver or ba there's almost no change to breake through stacked waterlore, doesn't matter how much Fire Shield hurts.
    And for wardens....yeah just remove hots while traitet red line, never surrender is enough healing as long as warden dps is what it is now.
    A nerf to Fire Shield would mean that LMs actually have to DPS to survive. It sort of falls into the "Wardens can full heal and DPS at the same time" category, obviously not to that extreme extent. A passive damage source that almost always account for the highest damage output (for all but good LMs) is a ridiculous and broken mechanic. Yes, a LM can spam heal, but you can interrupt, disarm, debuff, and silence that as some sort of counter. There is no counter, however, to a LM simply ignoring any meaningful DPS and absolutely killing you with nothing but a passive damage source that requires absolutely zero effort. As a LM I've seen my class degenerate from interesting choices of Gourd, Ents, Lightning Storm, Light of the Rising Dawn, Burning Embers, and balance of CC, to Searing Embers alone for victory, and now even that's not necessary.

But I don't see why reavers wrath should get a nerf while nothing else added to them. Reavers are far away from being OP or so. Yes their healing is powerful, but therefore they don't have really much dps and no meanigful cc. Nerfing Wrath without increased dps would make reavers even more out of favor. But don't take me wrong I don't like wrath like it is now, but a nerf to it wouldn't make things better when they get nothing to compare it.
    I'd rather see a additional healing skill for wl than a dmg skill. Still happens too often that I stand around and have to watch other groupmembers dying.
    Wrath is a percentage based heal that's grown obnoxiously powerful as the Morale pools have grown strongers. When you combine this with Improved Sudden Strikes (which, interestingly, had its damage boosted last update), then you have a broken mechanic. It's not as broken as Wardens, but notice that I addressed that as well.

As far as I can remember wargs primary role was described as Stealth/Scout with a second role as Dps. I agree that wargs dps is in a good position right now, but reavers and ba's are not. They are far behing that what a good warg can do. And don't tell me anything about glass canon, wargs are not supposed to be the main dps'ers in groups and for soloplay the surprising moment paired with good cc/debuff skills is always very powerful even if you take much dmg.
    Honestly agree to disagree here, Reavers have infinitely more survivability, so it's really apples to oranges. I think it just that Wargs have the highest DPS output A) Because they are glass cannon, and that is absolutely relevant, B) To reach maximum DPS output it takes a lot more skill than it does for other classes.

You know for a fact that these would be simple to implement? Are you a developer on the lotro team? If it were as simple as forum posters make it seem it would have been done already.
    1. No, I do not. They are simple because they are simply in my eyes, and I am more than willing to be corrected. That being said, it hardly matters whether they are simple or not, as I am simply discussing with zero hope of change.
    2. You're making the erroneous assumption that LOTRO has any clue as to what's good for PvP.

Wrath is a percentage based heal that's grown obnoxiously powerful as the Morale pools have grown strongers. When you combine this with Improved Sudden Strikes (which, interestingly, had its damage boosted last update), then you have a broken mechanic. It's not as broken as Wardens, but notice that I addressed that as well.
    I agree that wrath is stupid in its current state, like almost every selfhealing skill in the game is. But I would also say nerf wrath would need a buff to reavers dps to compete with others. But actually I don't see wrath as big trouble, I just makes reavers potent in 1vs 1, but nothing more, they are far away from being OP since every class besides hunter can take down reavers.

B) To reach maximum DPS output it takes a lot more skill than it does for other classes.
    Have to laugh at this point. Include class difficulty into balancing is just stupid. I you're not able to play a class properly then either don't play it or arrange with the fact that you don't bring out the best of the class. I wouldn't care about warg dps if its slightly higher than BA/Reaver but its more than just a little and thats while those two classes supposed to be main dd.

Honestly I would recommend turbine to rework traittrees on freepside completely cause their is a bad balance between the classes. Bring balance to freepsside would make moors balancing much easier and also support pve. I know you just wanted to suggest some simple changes but I hardly believe that PvP is healable by simple changes.

Some things that bother me most are absolutely silly CDs on some skills. Rez, still as death, hips, sprints....and combat pace...fights lasts way to long due to massive healing especially selfhealing

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast