We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 91

Thread: More spam!

  1. #26
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,424
    There are many things they could do. There just aren't many they will do. So far the only solution they have is clean up the threads every few days Monday through Friday if they have time.
    I'd explain it to you, but I'm all out of Puppets and Crayons.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    GLADDEN: Moochy, 105 Minstrel R10 + alts CRICKHOLLOW: Moochy, 21 Minstrel

  2. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorgrum View Post
    An imbecile would be someone who reads text and tells someone else how they sound, which would be you.
    that sounds exactly like you, especially when you say how much someone's responses only achieve your aim, which is likely missing the mark.

  3. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Beaniemooch View Post
    There are many things they could do. There just aren't many they will do. So far the only solution they have is clean up the threads every few days Monday through Friday if they have time.
    i think it's more like what they won't do. frelorn does need to find a solution to that problem. it's like the half-arsed solution to the signature spam. for some, they have none. for others, theirs are broken. for certain others, there's no change.

    there are vbulletin solutions for dealing with the spam. they're free, easy to implement, and will solve the problem before it gets to the message board. that should be a no-brainer, but this is the new turbine. LOL.

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    2,888
    Bump.

    Sergio :-)
    Moved from Riddermark to Landroval on 2/10/1015!

  5. #30
    If they really had both the desire and the resources to do something about this, they would have done something by now.

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    6,072
    Quote Originally Posted by dmark101 View Post
    that sounds exactly like you, especially when you say how much someone's responses only achieve your aim, which is likely missing the mark.
    You know, dmark101, the lotro forums is not a good place to get your opinions validated.

    However, thank you for following me around and empowering me with your butt hurt.

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,424
    Quote Originally Posted by WillowBreeze View Post
    If they really had both the desire and the resources to do something about this, they would have done something by now.
    Agreed 100%.
    I'd explain it to you, but I'm all out of Puppets and Crayons.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    GLADDEN: Moochy, 105 Minstrel R10 + alts CRICKHOLLOW: Moochy, 21 Minstrel

  8. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorgrum View Post
    You know, dmark101, the lotro forums is not a good place to get your opinions validated.
    i agree, which is why i have never used the forums for that purpose, unlike yourself.

    However, thank you for following me around and empowering me with your butt hurt.
    ah, there you go again, assuming that what you do negatively affects me, thereby proclaiming "butt hurt". i would surmise that it is, in fact, YOU who are suffering from being "butt hurt".

    are you out of preparation H so soon, princess?

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,604
    Quote Originally Posted by dmark101 View Post
    ... @Taco ah, there you go again, assuming that what you do negatively affects me, thereby proclaiming "butt hurt". i would surmise that it is, in fact, YOU who are suffering from being "butt hurt".

    are you out of preparation H so soon, princess?

  10. #35
    They still don't seem to be able to fix this. Disappointing Turbine and Warner Brothers.

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    592
    So lets see: a few pages of spam threads which the mods somehow can't handle in a proper way - while I'm still beeing detained to only beeing able to write in this forum after 2 months as a paying customer.
    Fun times.
    PS: any free mod spot open? - I'd gladly do your job for you.
    Last edited by daedalusAI; Feb 25 2016 at 05:41 AM.

  12. #37
    Still pages of spam

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    6,072
    Quote Originally Posted by IcarusLSC View Post
    Still pages of spam
    It may be that I am the best option at this point?

    Your forums would be cleaned up in no time. Multiple times a day I would log on and wash away this blight, you can trust me. Tell all your friends in game, for a cleaner more congenial forum experience Thorgrum as a forum moderator is the answer.

  14. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorgrum View Post
    It may be that I am the best option at this point?

    Your forums would be cleaned up in no time. Multiple times a day I would log on and wash away this blight, you can trust me. Tell all your friends in game, for a cleaner more congenial forum experience Thorgrum as a forum moderator is the answer.
    having you as a solution is no solution.

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    6,072
    Quote Originally Posted by dmark101 View Post
    having you as a solution is no solution.
    Being cynical is no way to go through life, you really should lighten up. You bet I am a solution, this problem will be solved in no time once I am elected.

    We are going to make LOTRO great again.

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    508
    Ironically enough, DDO seems to have survived this round of spamming seeing as they have more people than Cordovan to handle the loads spam that MIGHT plague it at times.

    Maybe some Lotro people could take a clue from that side of turbine.

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,424
    End of Turbine workday and still loads of spam. Seriously guys, this is pathetic moderation.
    I'd explain it to you, but I'm all out of Puppets and Crayons.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    GLADDEN: Moochy, 105 Minstrel R10 + alts CRICKHOLLOW: Moochy, 21 Minstrel

  18. #43
    Thorgrum, your spam of this #### you insist on is actually worse the the spam I'm complaining about as I know its a person and not some bot. GO AWAY.

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    6,072
    Quote Originally Posted by IcarusLSC View Post
    Thorgrum, your spam of this #### you insist on is actually worse the the spam I'm complaining about as I know its a person and not some bot. GO AWAY.
    Why would I go away with post after post of validation of people who seemingly do not like my posts or my style?

    You arent making sense, but by all means keep crying about whatever it is thats troubling you. We can get another 2-3 pages out of this thread.

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    2,888
    Bump.

    Sergio :-)
    Moved from Riddermark to Landroval on 2/10/1015!

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,773
    Could "Baba" be added to the swear list #### Ji might put him off for a day or two?
    perhaps 919876257329 could be a swear word too. At the very least he's have to waste time editing scripts or changing phone number.

    I tried my bit a while ago, found a tool to trace India mobile company from a phone number.
    As the number has changed now it might have made a difference but I received no reply:-

    "To: customercare@idea.adityabirla. com
    Across the world there is a forum spammer advertising the abilities of a Babba Ji guru.
    +917891556551 is the number and perhaps it's a number of a client of yours?

    please Google Babba Ji and you'll get some idea how annoying they are to so many people.

    Hope you can do something about it."


    Mac

  22. #47
    I'm on page 26 and still reading spam! Wow turbine you can't fix your forums or game , but want people to pay? Good luck...

  23. #48
    What I honestly find amusing is the fact they let pages of spam fill the forum, but for some reason they removed my Introduction thread. Literally had nothing in it that was against Forum rules unless they counted the guy that replied to my thread with a warm welcome, some informative links related to the game and some links to acquire codes for LOTRO items. I went to check my subscribed threads and mine had vanished lol.

    What else I find amusing is the fact that I am restricted to using this Bot Spam filled cesspool of a forum even though my Account is VIP. I'm really glad that I bought all DLC and a year subscription to be treated so well....
    Last edited by Keyboard_Cowboy; Apr 26 2016 at 02:14 PM.

  24. #49
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    473
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyboard_Cowboy View Post
    What I honestly find amusing is the fact they let pages of spam fill the forum, but for some reason they removed my Introduction thread. Literally had nothing in it that was against Forum rules unless they counted the guy that replied to my thread with a warm welcome, some informative links related to the game and some links to acquire codes for LOTRO items. I went to check my subscribed threads and mine had vanished lol.

    What else I find amusing is the fact that I am restricted to using this Bot Spam filled cesspool of a forum even though my Account is VIP. I'm really glad that I bought all DLC and a year subscription to be treated so well....
    That was my bad. I believe your post got caught in my efforts to bulk delete spam threads yesterday. You did nothing wrong on there. Feel free to re-post as needed. I am very sorry.
    Last edited by Vyvyanne; Apr 26 2016 at 04:44 PM.

  25. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyvyanne View Post
    That was my bad. I believe your post got caught in my efforts to bulk delete spam threads yesterday. You did nothing worn on there. Feel free to re-post as needed. I am very sorry.

    Thank you for your honesty and integrity Vyvyanne. Lotro is a much better place with you and the current team we have in place.
    In place of a dark lord, you shall have Queen...... All shall love me and despair


    .

 

 
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload