We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Update Patch or Game Repair ?

It would seem that we are getting an update for the game .

Patch notes: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...-Release-Notes

Wouldn't the teams efforts be better spent trying to fix the current datacenter problems?

Or was Frelorn comment that some people arn't having any problems a prelude to telling us everything is actually fine and any problems during gameplay are our fault?

Two different teams. Dev team is not network team and aren't even in the same state.
    If you give away gold bars, someone will complain they're too heavy.
    ~Landroval~
    .: Dannach, 118 WDN :.: Totes, 118 HNT :.: Sunhawk, 110 RNK :.
    ~Anor~
    .: Taika, 29 WDN :.
    I am the master of my fate. I am the captain of my soul.
    Might as well face it, I'm addicted to WDN

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon_Blackbird View Post
    Two different teams. Dev team is not network team and aren't even in the same state.
    Why is it so hard for people to grasp that concept?
    Captain-General Ughidontknow...Tripso rnk 6 burg...Izeatzfreepz rnk 8 warg....Yells rnk 10 warleader
    Leader of The Hobbit Syndicate
    "Everyone wants to be the hero and no one wants to be support"

We are doing both a hardware adjustment to work on datacenter performance and the game patch with this downtime. They are two different teams, but we are utilizing one downtime to limit disruption as much as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by idontcare789 View Post
    Why is it so hard for people to grasp that concept?
    Yes, well the brick and motar mentality is still in many minds at the moment, I guess it will take several decades for PPL to stop thinking that everything has to be in one room in order to work :-(

Quote Originally Posted by Vyvyanne View Post
    We are doing both a hardware adjustment to work on datacenter performance and the game patch with this downtime. They are two different teams, but we are utilizing one downtime to limit disruption as much as possible.
    Good to hear, Vyv.

Quote Originally Posted by jfdiogddsfsd View Post

Wouldn't the teams efforts be better spent trying to fix the current datacenter problems?

Or was Frelorn comment that some people arn't having any problems a prelude to telling us everything is actually fine and any problems during gameplay are our fault?
    This update has been on BR for a while. My guess is they rolled it out to get it out of the way, because some people (granted not many) have been asking about it. Look on the bright side, it will give all the people that aren't having issues plenty of new stuff to do, to keep them away from the forums, as it seems their presence here is unwanted by some and downright game-breaking by a select few.
    Sometimes, no matter how hard you look, there is no best light.

First, this is a patch that has been up on Bullroarer for weeks now; designers weren't up late last night trying to figure out what the new scrolls of empowerment costs would be, they decided that quite a while ago and put it up so they could gather comments and fix any new problems that they might have accidentally introduced before rolling it out to the live world. Relatively little work has gone into this patch since it went up on BR (in fact, lots of us complain about how little they go back and do work on patches after they are up on BR based on the feedback...).

Second, game teams have a number of people who fill different roles. There are artists, designers, programmers, producers, managers, and IT people. The problems caused by the datacenter appear to be mostly IT related (some people have posted traceroute data showing packets from europe getting to new york and then detouring to california before going back to new jersey, for example), which means it needs to be investigated by the IT deparment, and/or by management talking to whoever provides the network connection to the new datacenter. Artists almost certainly have nothing whatsoever to contribute to datacenter-related lag and disconnect problems (though there do appear to be some skills that fire too many special effects and slow down people's clients, that isn't a new thing to the datacenter), so why would they stop doing their regular art? Designers similarly have nothing to contribute to datacenter lag, so why not work on more landscape, or items, or whatever? Even among the programmers, there is likely to be specialization; the guy who works on the scripting for instances and epic battles for example, the guy who works on the audio system or the graphics system... There are likely only one or two programmers who know the details of the networking code enough to be very useful diving in to debug why things are slower. So... a massive problem like this should have three or four members of the team dropping everything to work on it, and everyone else on the team continuing to work on upcoming content!

I assume that the patch notes were removed since your link as this takes me to the main forums page?

Quote Originally Posted by mrfigglesworth View Post
    I assume that the patch notes were removed since your link as this takes me to the main forums page?
    It looks like you were trying to click on a url that got quoted and has 2 periods in the middle of it. I'm going to try to post the right url but if it gets truncated just search forums or net for lotro release notes 17.2

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...-Release-Notes
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/022040000000b1e1a/signature.png]Kangas[/charsig]
    [URL="http://helmsdeep.guildportal.com"]Helm's Deep[/URL] Kangas-Captain Kangdoom-Champ Furtive-Burg Wildlife-Hunter

The lag is a lot better than it was just after data center move, but I've had more 'lost connection to server' in the last month than I've had in the seven or so years I've played LOTRO. It typically happens 2 or 3 times every evening now, and it used to happen maybe once every 2 months or so.

Twice in the last half-hour. Super annoying. Get this fixed!!!

Go F2P, you'd feel less annoyed!

Hi,

What they should do is, as they guarantee VIPs, when they say; "VIPs get a priority logging in!".
    What happened to the Anniversary Gifts? One who has been in this game for 7 years or heck, since "Beta"?

I am really thinking F2P = The New VIP now...

This was the Last time I bought VIP, because a "Friend-of-mine" wanted it.
    I hope all of you VIPs start to prioritize(?) F2Ps too, from now on, and help them play this game as Turbine sees them fit. (F2Ps are the new Heirs of Kingship Customers)
    I don't even know if that's a word or not, but it sounds about right.

Good day, peeps!

I can't tell you how annoying it is to have the game crash on you multiple times every day. If Turbine had to give a discount to people for every time it crashed, maybe they'd hire some people who could get it fixed. Seriously, I seldom ever crash before the data center move. What gives?!?!? Lag and crashes are worse than before the DC move, and it's been how many weeks now?

Quote Originally Posted by Vyvyanne View Post
    I hope you get the datacenter straightened out soon..its bad....but I actually expected it to be worse...
    Last edited by mykidstjz; Jan 23 2016 at 09:46 PM.
    Excuse me while I whip this out....

If Turbine had to refund me a dollar for every time the game crashed, they'd owe me 5 dollars for today... so far; it's only 6:47pm now.

Make that 6 dollars at 6:58

eight dollars today.

I crash on my creep every few mins, so i gave it up. On my freep i don't crash, but i am limited to TR / TA area as invisible walls stop me from moving to Lug/EC, etc. Every time i try my game crashes.

The most annoying part it the lack of any communication. It seems Turbine gave up solving the issues. Is it that hard to share the progress with us? Mistakes can happen, but the lack of any useful information about the current state is just insolent.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind Turbine spending a year fixing the many problems this new datacenter brought. I can wait. I have some single player games on my Xbox 360 that need beating and playing. Too bad I put them off though. Lotro has been my main game for the past two years. Now would be a nice time to catch up on other old games.