We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 14 of 74 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 24 64 ... LastLast

Unable to log on to Evernight

My attempt to log onto evernight have failed. I was stuck at the "Getting in line to connect..." screen on the client window until after about 3-4 minutes when I received an error "Failed to queue for server (0x80004005)" which I have seen other people reporting as well.

I am gonna call it quits for the night. Best of luck Turbine crew as you sort this out. Thanks again for making a great and enjoyable game. See you back in Middle Earth soon.

@Lord.Funk, I don't use Twitter etc either, I just keep an eye on Lotro's Twitter feed for news, don't need to have a Twitter acc for that.

I also would like to echo the support for the Turbine team in their efforts to iron things out.

I was in briefly, and for the first time in years, I had to whistle twice to hop on my mount - quite the surprise.

I've been on the road all day and haven't tried to log in yet. From what I've read, I'll be playing some more Fallout 4 tonight. On an off topic note, I love that game!

I don't mind the severs having issues because I've played MMOs enough for the last 17 years to know that things like this will happen. My main concern is if the Yule Festival can be extended at least one more day. I have unfinished business there.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check

I'm surprised. They usually nail this stuff on the first try.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Jagannath View Post
    I'm surprised. They usually nail this stuff on the first try.

the sarcasm is strong with this one.

This made me laugh so hard i almost choked on my drink. #worth

We believe we have found a fix for the current login and latency issues that players are reporting with the game. However a hotfix to the game will be required. In order for us to do this we will have to build an update, deploy it to our test server, and test it extensively before we can release the fix to the live servers. This means that while we will continue to try and mitigate any issues that occur tonight, we will not be able to deploy a fix for this issue until sometime tomorrow.

We do understand this is not an optimal solution, however right now this is the only option we have. This issue was something that for whatever reason, did not appear on any of our tests including the live testing we did on Bullroarer. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause players.

I'm having flashbacks to when EverQuest launched the Velious expansion Hang in there, network guys!

Not sure which universe they are online in. Like most I am in the terminal "Getting in line to connect / Failed queue for server" line

May try again tomorrow calling it quits for tonight.

Landroval Eagles are not flying for me

Count me in with those seeing "Getting in line to connect..." and then "Failed to queue for server (0x80004005)"
    (I get the greyed out LOG IN button after clicking it; however it is just thinking for a while)

Congrats on the move to the new facility and all the new hardware. Good luck with the troubleshooting.
    *hugs*
    Last edited by thalialotr; Jan 11 2016 at 10:24 PM. Reason: fix badly worded sentence
    Thalia, for Reacher
    Bubbie, for posterity
    Glyndis, because I needed an elf

11. Getting a "Failed to queue for server (0x80004005)" on Landroval.
    Thank you to the staff for the updates! Good luck to you all on getting it sorted

p.s If folks make it on and are looking for Ales and Tales, please know that most of us are unable to log in - there might be open mic... If anyone manages to stay onl
    The Lonely Mountain Band
    :: Lhinnthel :: Laerelwen :: Wrenlhin :: Avlina :: Briare :: Iaroel... and many more (=
    Far Apart, Never Alone!

Question

Quote Originally Posted by ddave View Post
    @Lord.Funk, I don't use Twitter etc either, I just keep an eye on Lotro's Twitter feed for news, don't need to have a Twitter acc for that.
    Nice. I didn't know that. I think I have clicked on some twitter link for something and just came to a redirect saying I need to sign up. Then I never bothered again.

What's the link for their twitter feed then if You don't mind posting that ???

Quote Originally Posted by birdone View Post
    So the fact that these people get PAID good money to have the new servers up and running on time means nothing. Lets tolerate the incompetence. Or had this been contacted out to a low bid server management services company and low bid means good luck if it works. All these people like this guy above that are yes men to whatever screw-up are done by LOTRO sicken me... LOL
    What choice does anyone, including yourself, have? Life doesn't work that way.

Thank you for the heads up.

Things will get better. Try to get some sleep tonight.
    In place of a dark lord, you shall have Queen...... All shall love me and despair

I got in line for a while, then finally logged, alted to a different server assuming the issue was resolved and now i have to get in the back of the line

Quote Originally Posted by Frelorn View Post
    We believe we have found a fix for the current login and latency issues that players are reporting with the game. However a hotfix to the game will be required. In order for us to do this we will have to build an update, deploy it to our test server, and test it extensively before we can release the fix to the live servers. This means that while we will continue to try and mitigate any issues that occur tonight, we will not be able to deploy a fix for this issue until sometime tomorrow.

We do understand this is not an optimal solution, however right now this is the only option we have. This issue was something that for whatever reason, did not appear on any of our tests including the live testing we did on Bullroarer. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause players.

Thank you for the update Frelorn and go get some sleep!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord.Funk View Post
    Nice. I didn't know that. I think I have clicked on some twitter link for something and just came to a redirect saying I need to sign up. Then I never bothered again.

What's the link for their twitter feed then if You don't mind posting that ???

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/LOTRO/

Twitter: https://twitter.com/lotro

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon_Blackbird View Post
    I'm having flashbacks to when EverQuest launched the Velious expansion Hang in there, network guys!
    Anyone else notice how there was not a problem with the game until the folks at Turbine insisted upon taking the game down for "data center" stuff. Ever hear the saying, if it ain't broke don't fix it? That applies here. *shakes head*

Thank you for the update, comms and the work of the team to find solutions, is appreciated

That's cool. But extend the yule fest again, huh?

I'm unable to log in to Arkenstone or Landy, but was able to log in to Elendilmir on my farewell character there (after a couple of minutes at the login screen, and a few more at the loading character screen.

Curious if the closing servers were moved to the new datacenter roach motel or not?
    Casual R Us - Garatha

Still much appreciated to have an update with a timeline.

Thankies for that.

Thumbs up

To me at least that's a fully reasonable explanation. Sounds very sincere and honest. Thank You for the update !!!

You guys will probably lose sleep over this and I'm sorry for that. Hang in there and when done/fixed take some well deserved day off.

No worries, stuff happens! That's life

Good luck to all the Turbinites!
    ;) “There are hundreds of paths up the mountain, all leading to the same place, so it doesn’t matter which path you take. The only person wasting time is the one who runs around the mountain, telling everyone that his or her path is wrong.” ~ Hindu Proverb

Does this mean we should just stop trying to get online tonight and wait for tomorrow?

Page 14 of 74 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 24 64 ... LastLast