We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Lightbulb Ministrel instruments consolidation

Something way to obvious about the ministrel class is that it have way too many variants for each kind of instrument. For this reason the ministrel didn't received a upgrade on instruments on U17 release. Instead to have 4 instruments per kind, like the previous tiers, the tier 10 crafted instrument (that have not being created yet), should have 1 instrument per kind that consolidate all the bonuses of the 4 variants.

Quote Originally Posted by YamydeAragon View Post
    Something way to obvious about the ministrel class is that it have way too many variants for each kind of instrument. For this reason the ministrel didn't received a upgrade on instruments on U17 release. Instead to have 4 instruments per kind, like the previous tiers, the tier 10 crafted instrument (that have not being created yet), should have 1 instrument per kind that consolidate all the bonuses of the 4 variants.
    They just copypaste the code to different instruments. They just "forgot" about us.

The class wasn't forgotten, the whining about how OP minstrels were was heard loud and clear. Think about the legacy additions, Mini was the only class (I think, maybe warden too) that wasn't allowed to continue buffing past rank 35 with the same stat, they completely change after 35, and in most cases the buff was to skills that don't affect combat. Example: reduced CD on flop transitions to reduced CD on distraction after rank 35.
    Irin r8 Hunter // Arngar r8 Burg // Akthuri r15 LM // Vishus r5 Captain // Curad r11 Mini < RETIRED // ACTIVE > Ursamajor Beorn // Babayaga LM // Kleptomania Burg // (Anor)

Quote Originally Posted by siipperi View Post
    They just copypaste the code to different instruments. They just "forgot" about us.
    Each item requires its own code, it is not copy/paste & they didn't forgot but explained clearly the reason, with anticipation:

Tier 10 Crafting Developer Diary

Other Items:
    ... In addition, due to the sheer number of items involved, there won't be a new tier of Minstrel instruments. Existing recipes from previous tiers won't be affected, there just won't be a new tier 10 version for these items.

Quote Originally Posted by Irin19 View Post
    The class wasn't forgotten, the whining about how OP minstrels were was heard loud and clear. Think about the legacy additions, Mini was the only class (I think, maybe warden too) that wasn't allowed to continue buffing past rank 35 with the same stat, they completely change after 35, and in most cases the buff was to skills that don't affect combat. Example: reduced CD on flop transitions to reduced CD on distraction after rank 35.
    If anyone is wory about the class being OP, the tier 10 instrument don't need to have a buff on any of the stats but only to put all possible bonuses in 1 instrument. No new instrument with buff on stats may have to be created until level 110. The benefits are that:
    • the devs wouldn't have to create 40 new level 100 instruments but only 10 new level 100.
    • the player can opt to get the new level 100 instrument what will reduce inventory clothing but will not change the potency of its ministrel.

The new instruments could be called [Anorien <insert instrument kind> of Consolidation] for regular output & [Anorien Exquisite <insert instrument kind> of Consolidation] for critical sucess.
    Last edited by YamydeAragon; Nov 11 2015 at 10:29 AM.

Each item requires its own code, it is not copy/paste & they didn't forgot but explained clearly the reason, with anticipation:

Tier 10 Crafting Developer Diary

Other Items:
    ... In addition, due to the sheer number of items involved, there won't be a new tier of Minstrel instruments. Existing recipes from previous tiers won't be affected, there just won't be a new tier 10 version for these items.

If anyone is wory about the class being OP, the tier 10 instrument don't need to have a buff on any of the stats but only to put all possible bonuses in 1 instrument. No new instrument with buff on stats may have to be created until level 110. The benefits are that:
    • the devs wouldn't have to create 40 new level 100 instruments but only 10 new level 100.
    • the player can opt to get the new level 100 instrument what will reduce inventory clothing but will not change the potency of its ministrel.

The new instruments could be called [Anorien <insert instrument kind> of Consolidation] for regular output & [Anorien Exquisite <insert instrument kind> of Consolidation] for critical sucess.
    I agree the instruments could be consolidated. Here is a list of all the bonuses provided by the critical versions of level 95 minstrel instruments.

Sets Echoes of Battle damage type to Westernesse
    +3.5% Healing
    +24% Critical Healing Mod

+3.5% Critical Chance of Ballads
    +3.5% Coda Critical Chance
    +30% Ballad and Coda Damage

-15% Ballad Power Cost
    -15% Healing Skills Power Cost
    -15% Anthem Power Cost
    -15% Cry Power Cost

+378 Maximum Morale
    +335 Maximum Power

Adding all these to one instrument might be a bit much. How about something like this.

+x% Healing
    +x% Critical Healing Mod
    +x% Damage
    -x% Power Cost
    +x Maximum Morale

They could add 1 recipe that made a purple and teal (critical) version with 10 outputs, one for each type of instrument.
    Last edited by mercho; Nov 12 2015 at 12:14 AM.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by mercho View Post
    ... Adding all these to one instrument might be a bit much. How about something like this.

+x% Healing
    +x% Critical Healing Mod
    +x% Damage
    -x% Power Cost
    +x Maximum Morale

They could add 1 recipe that made a purple and teal (critical) version with 10 outputs, one for each type of instrument.
    Yah, that is what i was thinking. But you missed just 2 kind of stats:
    +x% Critical Damage
    +x% Maximum Power

It will look neatly organized & wouldn't have any more or less benefits on stats than the level 95 instruments. I don't know how many outputs a recipe could have but 10 kind of instruments with identical stats as alternate outputs of 1 single recipe sound like a good idea if is possible.

Thumbs down

NO.
    I do not want the same stats on my instruments. I want a healing instrument, a buffing instrument and a dps instrument.

Also you are guessing (badly in my opinion) about the reason ther has been no update on our off hand weapon. 3 new relevant instruments with the current variations skins is not hard work. The code is copy paste onto the existing instrument skins. FYI: The sound f the instruments is in game already. As is the appearance. It is just new level 100 relevant stats/effects that are not.

We already have useless class essences that heal a bit on a damage essence and damage a bit on a heal essence (wot the?)

We already have useless non buffs to to our LI legacies over tier 35. because the dev will NOT LISTEN to valid suggestions from vet minstrels but goes her own way ruining the class more with every change. Every change since HD has dumbed down and simplified the class to the point where it is beyond easy.

Now you are suggesting we get useless irrelevant stats homogenized on our instruments because it would "look tidy". What? It is such a stupid reason for this suggestion. What you are suggesting is lazy and irrelevant.to most end game minstrels.

If your suggestion were implemented I would keep using my level 90s-they were relevant and were designed by a dev who understood the three functions of the class. There are many options to provide good relevant stats/affects or buffs to skills. The dev is just too -whatever- to think about them. Or to ask minstrels and listen to them.

I do not want Dev time wasted on a half baked solution so it just appears minstrels have had some attention from a dev in the last two years.

Just NO!!!!!!
    Last edited by Calta; Nov 12 2015 at 01:04 PM. Reason: wrong quote-now removed, typos, more explanation

Quote Originally Posted by Calta View Post
    NO.
    I do not want the same stats on my instruments. I want a healing instrument, a buffing instrument and a dps instrument... Or ask minstrels and listen to them.

Just NO!!!!!!
    If you don't want any improvement, you can keep wearing the level 95 instruments or any other outdated gear as long as you wish. The new recipes will not affect you. I am a ministrel player & i am enforcing my right to say what i think of the class & how it can be improved, if you think that i shouldn't post my opinion as every other customer, too bad for you.
    Last edited by YamydeAragon; Nov 12 2015 at 01:07 PM.

If you dont want any improvement, you can keep wearing the level 95 instruments or any other outdated gear as long as you wish. The new recipes will not affect you. I am a ministrel player & i am enforcing my right to say what i think of the class & how it can be improved, if you think that i shouldnt post my opinion, too bad for you.
    Yet another stupid suggestion. So because you are too simple minded to understand the variations on the instruments I am to get stuck with out of date ones...because consolidating largely irrelevant stats it 'looks tidy'? What you are suggesting is NOT AN IMPROVEMENT! ,/facepalm

edit. I never said you weren't entitled to your opinion. I just said it was an opinion that does not fit the facts of the class. ie it makes no sense. Like most of your nonsense...

You can opine the world is flat and trumpet that in the forums too. Doesn't make you right though.
    Last edited by Calta; Nov 12 2015 at 02:05 PM. Reason: addded rsponse to unjustified accusation. :P

You know that is bullcrap and total lazyness? Sure there's 6 different instruments but RKs have about same amount of their class items, after that it's just COPY PASTE the code to all instrument recipes. Also your suggestion later is terrible. Minstrels have same rights to get new class items as every class. Also why on earth do captains get 11k mastery on their class banner?

Quote Originally Posted by siipperi View Post
    You know that is bullcrap and total lazyness? Sure there's 6 different instruments but RKs have about same amount of their class items, after that it's just COPY PASTE the code to all instrument recipes. Also your suggestion later is terrible. Minstrels have same rights to get new class items as every class. Also why on earth do captains get 11k mastery on their class banner?
    Exactly.

We have a dev who is too lazy or incompetent to suggest viable skill buff options on new instruments to the crafting dev. edit: Three buff/stat variations would suit, with buffs related to the three trait trees/roles if 6 is too hard for the dev to manage....but hey, we clearly don't deserve the same attention as the other classes....

As Irin says, the "minis are OP crowd" justifies our class being ignored to the rest of the playerbase.

Oh well, I guess creeps have it worse in the being ignored department....
    Last edited by Calta; Nov 12 2015 at 02:02 PM.

Yah, that is what i was thinking. But you missed just 2 kind of stats:
    +x% Critical Damage
    +x% Maximum Power

It will look neatly organized & wouldn't have any more or less benefits on stats than the level 95 instruments. I don't know how many outputs a recipe could have but 10 kind of instruments with identical stats as alternate outputs of 1 single recipe sound like a good idea if is possible.
    I suppose the critical damage could be added. I'd rather they just increase the morale more than give us power though.

+x% Healing
    +x% Critical Healing Mod
    +x% Damage
    +x% Critical Damage Chance
    -x% Power Cost
    +x Maximum Morale

Quote Originally Posted by Calta View Post
    NO.
    I do not want the same stats on my instruments. I want a healing instrument, a buffing instrument and a dps instrument.

Also you are guessing (badly in my opinion) about the reason ther has been no update on our off hand weapon. 3 new relevant instruments with the current variations skins is not hard work. The code is copy paste onto the existing instrument skins. FYI: The sound f the instruments is in game already. As is the appearance. It is just new level 100 relevant stats/effects that are not.

We already have useless class essences that heal a bit on a damage essence and damage a bit on a heal essence (wot the?)

We already have useless non buffs to to our LI legacies over tier 35. because the dev will NOT LISTEN to valid suggestions from vet minstrels but goes her own way ruining the class more with every change. Every change since HD has dumbed down and simplified the class to the point where it is beyond easy.

Now you are suggesting we get useless irrelevant stats homogenized on our instruments because it would "look tidy". What? It is such a stupid reason for this suggestion. What you are suggesting is lazy and irrelevant.to most end game minstrels.

If your suggestion were implemented I would keep using my level 90s-they were relevant and were designed by a dev who understood the three functions of the class. There are many options to provide good relevant stats/affects or buffs to skills. The dev is just too -whatever- to think about them. Or to ask minstrels and listen to them.

I do not want Dev time wasted on a half baked solution so it just appears minstrels have had some attention from a dev in the last two years.

Just NO!!!!!!
    I use different instruments depending on the situation. I'd be happy if they extended all versions of all instruments, but they don't seem willing to do so. So if my choice was nothing or a combined version, I would choose the combined version.
    Last edited by mercho; Nov 12 2015 at 03:19 PM.