We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Speed of the dances

Hey all,

I tried to estimate the speed of the dances to make it possible to arrange songs that perfectly fit to certain dance styles, some dances are a bit difficult to estimate, here is my findings (please correct me if you come to other conclusions):

dance_jig : 140 BPM
    dance_hobbit : 136 BPM
    dance_elf : 113 BPM
    dance_hobbit2 : 90 BPM
    dance_dwarf : 83 BPM
    dance_dwarf2 : 70 BPM
    dance_elf2 : 70 BPM
    dance_man3 : 69 BPM
    dance_man : 66 BPM
    dance_man2 : 64 BPM
    Bruzo, Dwarrowdelf Minstrel ~ "A Rock & a Hard Place"

Interesting and in some way pointless, hehe. But yes, seems like quite a lot pick the wrong dance any given song/tune.

What would be great, would be having a few more dances and having the beat per minute upped or downed on some of the dances.
    Sev ... Member and founder of Instant Play. Concert every Monday 19:00-20:00 CET (13:00-14:00 server time) at The Methel Stage on Gwaihir.
    Alles Musik oder was!
    Instant Play YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Quasquid/

Quote Originally Posted by Kvanti View Post
    Interesting and in some way pointless, hehe.
    Kinda right,

but think about the options for hobbit bands: they could play at 68 (1/2 hobbit_dance), 90 (hobbit_dance2), 136 (hobbit_dance) and 180 BPM (twice of hobbit_dance2) - with those 4 options you can basically play any song at a tempo that fits to one of the hobbit dances.

Wohee!
    Bruzo, Dwarrowdelf Minstrel ~ "A Rock & a Hard Place"