We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How many?

How many?

I have lookt everywhere and i can't find any clear info about this.
    I have 45 characters on 5 different EU servers. One of the servers i am on will remain after transfer.
    My question is, can i move and use ALL of my 45 characters or do i have to delete some of them. I more or less play them all.
    I have read alot of different things about this but no clear info.
    Please tell me what i must do to prepare for this...
    I allmost forgot, I am a lifetime VIP and on Evernight i have at the moment 9/12 characters.
    Last edited by Julle; Aug 23 2015 at 06:07 AM.

Well, that's some luck... To have only 1 character on a world that is remaining.
    I believe you will only be limmited by the number of available spots for your toons per server. Nothing else.

When you transfer all your characters to Evernight, you have 12 safe. But you would need to buy extra character slots to unlock the others once you move them to Evernight. Since I'm pretty sure you can't buy char slots for that many chars I guess you need to delete some.
    Players may have up to maximum 28 characters per server per account according to the lotro wiki.

They've increased the number of slots you can have (buy in store) because of the server consolidations. According to the Wiki -

"As of August 18th, 2015:

2 free character slots have been added to Premium and VIP accounts. Hence, any Premium account now starts with 5 character slots, and any VIP account now starts with 7.
    The number of purchasable slots per world has been increased to a maximum of 50."

https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/LOT...Character_Slot

It may be a good idea to check the store, whilst on the server you wish to move to, to see how many slots it offers you.
    Last edited by Altair6; Aug 23 2015 at 08:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Altair6 View Post
    They've increased the number of slots you can have (buy in store) because of the server consolidations. According to the Wiki -

"As of August 18th, 2015:

2 free character slots have been added to Premium and VIP accounts. Hence, any Premium account now starts with 5 character slots, and any VIP account now starts with 7.
    The number of purchasable slots per world has been increased to a maximum of 50."

https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/LOT...Character_Slot

It may be a good idea to check the store, whilst on the server you wish to move to, to see how many slots it offers you.
    Ive now 23 character slots in my main account, a VIP account. 21 + 2 free ones that Turbinme added the last time. If i check the store i have listed 13 additional slots. Then, for me, there are a total of 36 character slots, not 50.

Sergio :-)
    Moved from Riddermark to Landroval on 2/10/1015!

So if i understand this right. I can buy from what i have now, (12), up to 50 character slots in the end on Evernight?
    Is that right?
    Or will my slots from the servers that i transfer allso move over?

Quote Originally Posted by Julle View Post
    So if i understand this right. I can buy from what i have now, (12), up to 50 character slots in the end on Evernight?
    Is that right?
    Or will my slots from the servers that i transfer allso move over?
    Character slots are account wide. If you have 12 or 50 character slots in server A you have the same amount in server B.

Anyways in my own experience 50 is not the max, its 36.

I have lookt everywhere and i can't find any clear info about this.
    I have 45 characters on 5 different EU servers. One of the servers i am on will remain after transfer.
    My question is, can i move and use ALL of my 45 characters or do i have to delete some of them. I more or less play them all.
    I have read alot of different things about this but no clear info.
    Please tell me what i must do to prepare for this...
    I allmost forgot, I am a lifetime VIP and on Evernight i have at the moment 9/12 characters.
    If your current toons all fit on five worlds why would they not all fit on five worlds after the transfers? Five worlds will remain.

Just figure it out who goes where. You say you have 45 toons, and currently 12 slots per server so you will have 60 slots over the five remaining worlds.

Quote Originally Posted by Olgomil View Post
    Character slots are account wide. If you have 12 or 50 character slots in server A you have the same amount in server B.

Anyways in my own experience 50 is not the max, its 36.

There are more than 36 available character slots, some are only available if you purchase expansion packs, bundles with class/race unlocks etc. Someone on the transfer thread had it broken down to 42 available before the extra 2 we just got I believe. I'm not sure where the number 50 came from though.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandie2 View Post
    If your current toons all fit on five worlds why would they not all fit on five worlds after the transfers? Five worlds will remain.

Just figure it out who goes where. You say you have 45 toons, and currently 12 slots per server so you will have 60 slots over the five remaining worlds.
    Julie may not want to use all 5 EU servers depending on language preferences...

Quote Originally Posted by celticladywolf View Post
    There are more than 36 available character slots, some are only available if you purchase expansion packs, bundles with class/race unlocks etc. Someone on the transfer thread had it broken down to 42 available before the extra 2 we just got I believe. I'm not sure where the number 50 came from though.
    Ive all the possible character slots previous to the last change, 21 (the ones from VIP, the 2 from Moria expansion & the 1 from beorning bundle). At this point, with 21 slots, none more was available for purchase in the store. After it Turbine granted 2 free slots to VIP accounts for the worlds move. Then my number changed from 21 to 23. And now, with 23 slots, have only 13 available slots for to purchase in the store. Maybe there are more slots available but not showed, i dont know.

Please, Frelorn or any Turbine representative can say us how manny slots are available? Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Olgomil View Post
    Ive all the possible character slots previous to the last change, 21 (the ones from VIP, the 2 from Moria expansion & the 1 from beorning bundle). At this point, with 21 slots, none more was available for purchase in the store. After it Turbine granted 2 free slots to VIP accounts for the worlds move. Then my number changed from 21 to 23. And now, with 23 slots, have only 13 available slots for to purchase in the store. Maybe there are more slots available but not showed, i dont know.

Please, Frelorn or any Turbine representative can say us how manny slots are available? Thanks in advance.

FWIW, this is the same count I have. I'm a VIP and have all the bundles/expansions as far as I know. My current available is 22 (this includes the 2 free from Turbine for the transfer event) with the option of 13 purchasable and also 1 more bundled with the Beorning. So 36 all told. I ain't sure where the rest if true come from.
    Today is a good day for Pie.

Do not meddle in the affairs of Burglars, for they are subtle and quick to shank you.

Yes there will be 5 servers, 3 of them on a different language, one english RP and the last one english ordinary server.
    So exept from Evernigt i also as a last resourse can move some alts to the RP server. Not what i want but as a last resource if i don't want to delete any alts.
    Thanks for all answers. Let us hope that someone at Turbine can answer to this...

I get 36 as well. Lifer, Moria expac bought, beorning bundle=21+2 free from Turbine. Store offers me chance to purchase 13. 36. Would really like to know if more is available, and how.

Just to make it clear, and I am in no way making any judgement, but I am absolutely astonished by just how many alts people have, and who they say are all active.

I just have 10 alts (one of each class) and I just don't have the time to level them all - by playing the game in a sedate and not"rush to get to lvl 100" style.

I am glad though that people are investing their playing time in this great game and world of Middle-earth.

I hope all these players who are in terrible situation, of having to maybe delete some of their beloved alts, find a satisfactory solution.

Quote Originally Posted by The-Prisoner View Post
    Just to make it clear, and I am in no way making any judgement, but I am absolutely astonished by just how many alts people have, and who they say are all active.

I just have 10 alts (one of each class) and I just don't have the time to level them all - by playing the game in a sedate and not"rush to get to lvl 100" style.

I am glad though that people are investing their playing time in this great game and world of Middle-earth.

I hope all these players who are in terrible situation, of having to maybe delete some of their beloved alts, find a satisfactory solution.
    I'm with you. Like you I have no desire to criticize anyone or doubt the voracity of what they say. But I don't see how someone can actively play the numbers of alts they say. I play an extraordinary amount of time and five alts on one account is my limit for 'active' toons played, and really a couple of those are just leveled by logging on to craft and turning in tasks at the same time.

People must have different ideas of 'active' and have totally different play styles.

Turbine has increased the number of purchasable slots and I believe intends to increase them again before the transfers begin in earnest - that is transfers off worlds that will be closing.

Also something to keep in mind for people that have more alts then the can fit on what will become the remaining worlds. Transfers off of closed worlds will continue for years. You do not need move them all before the world closes. Pick your favorite toons and move them. Play them. If you get the cash to buy a new slot and your old world is closed you can still use the transfer option to move a toon off a closed world. Also if you really start to miss an old toon and have grown tired of one of the ones you did transfer you an then delete one and move over a different one from a closed world.

So don't get in a panic. Visit what will be the remaining worlds you can transfer too. Decide how many of them you could call a home. Figure out how much money you want to spend on toon slots once they go on sale. Apportion your toons across these worlds. Feel free to leave a few behind. As I said you will always be able to transfer them later for free. Might be better then transferring them to world you don't like as after a bit transfers between active worlds will no longer be free. But transfers off of closed worlds always will be free and available.

Yes there will be 5 servers, 3 of them on a different language, one english RP and the last one english ordinary server.
    So exept from Evernigt i also as a last resourse can move some alts to the RP server. Not what i want but as a last resource if i don't want to delete any alts.
    Thanks for all answers. Let us hope that someone at Turbine can answer to this...
    See if one set of characters (complementing crafts perhaps?) are names of a type that will readily fit in with Laurelin and move those few there - but don't move all shared items and barter.
    Move all the really useful items such as shared marks meds mithrils wardrobes etc to Evernight if that server is your actual destination of choice.
    In that manner, your characters are fairly much just as readily available after transfers as they are today and your 'main' venue, Evernight, will have gotten a big boost in shared currencies.

You're still looking at buying some ten character slots. It is indeed a lot.

Also something to keep in mind for people that have more alts then the can fit on what will become the remaining worlds. Transfers off of closed worlds will continue for years. You do not need move them all before the world closes. Pick your favorite toons and move them. Play them. If you get the cash to buy a new slot and your old world is closed you can still use the transfer option to move a toon off a closed world. Also if you really start to miss an old toon and have grown tired of one of the ones you did transfer you an then delete one and move over a different one from a closed world.

So don't get in a panic. Visit what will be the remaining worlds you can transfer too. Decide how many of them you could call a home. Figure out how much money you want to spend on toon slots once they go on sale. Apportion your toons across these worlds. Feel free to leave a few behind. As I said you will always be able to transfer them later for free. Might be better then transferring them to world you don't like as after a bit transfers between active worlds will no longer be free. But transfers off of closed worlds always will be free and available.
    This i have unddersood and agreed to. I have allready desided to accept that i have to delete some alts and i also desided that i will leave one slot open on Evrnight that i will move the alts in to, strip them of all and delete them or play them.
    And i will allso buy new slots over time.
    And about playtime... I am a 62 year old fart and home on dissability pension from a hard life in the factories. So i have A LOT of time to play, and belive me, i do. HEHE
    Again, thanks for all answers and 'happy playing' to all of you...

This i have unddersood and agreed to. I have allready desided to accept that i have to delete some alts and i also desided that i will leave one slot open on Evrnight that i will move the alts in to, strip them of all and delete them or play them.
    And i will allso buy new slots over time.
    And about playtime... I am a 62 year old fart and home on dissability pension from a hard life in the factories. So i have A LOT of time to play, and belive me, i do. HEHE
    Again, thanks for all answers and 'happy playing' to all of you...

A. Two free slots have been added to Premium and VIP accounts and we have doubled the amount of purchasable slots to the realm of 50 per world.

So if there is only one world you want to inhabit and you don't mind paying the cash you can have all 45 on one world with room to spare.

A. Two free slots have been added to Premium and VIP accounts and we have doubled the amount of purchasable slots to the realm of 50 per world.

So if there is only one world you want to inhabit and you don't mind paying the cash you can have all 45 on one world with room to spare.
    I am so satisfied for this and glad that i have gooooooood time to buy more slots and then alt by alt move them.
    As i sad im sooooo satisfied...

I am so satisfied for this and glad that i have gooooooood time to buy more slots and then alt by alt move them.
    As i sad im sooooo satisfied...
    I would wait with buying slots, there is a good chance that character slots will see a good discount soon..... when that soon may be, nobody knows, but my signature will give a hint on that.

In any case, I would expect that sale to hit once the bugs have been squared away. Probably not yet tomorrow, but definitely when the the closing servers transfers will begin in a few weeks.
    Moved from Riddermark to Arkenstone on 9/29/2015!
    -----
    Disclaimer: The definition of "Soon™" and "In The Near Future™" is based solely on SSG's interpretation of the words, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "Soon™", "Near", and "Future" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

Ain't trying to pick on you gandie,but where is this total of 50 coming from? That's 14 more slots than my count and others too. I'd honestly like to know 'cause if it's true then I've really missed something somewhere.

Can anyone break this down for us? I don't think the OP (or anyone in the same situation) should be getting bad information here.

Do not meddle in the affairs of Burglars, for they are subtle and quick to shank you.

Lightbulb

Character slots are on 25% sale for 446 TP:

https://www.lotro.com/en/lotrostoresale

Permanently retired. Was Kibilturg, Guardian of Imladris (then Landroval & Crickhollow) and ~40 alts.

Quote Originally Posted by bambubambubambu View Post
    Ain't trying to pick on you gandie,but where is this total of 50 coming from? That's 14 more slots than my count and others too. I'd honestly like to know 'cause if it's true then I've really missed something somewhere.

Can anyone break this down for us? I don't think the OP (or anyone in the same situation) should be getting bad information here.

Q. Are we planning to increase the number of base nonpaid character slots for players who move to a remaining server on which they already play?

Found Here near the bottom of the page. https://www.lotro.com/en/game/articles/world-transfers
    HAVE FUN !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Aevara View Post
    Q. Are we planning to increase the number of base nonpaid character slots for players who move to a remaining server on which they already play?

Found Here near the bottom of the page. https://www.lotro.com/en/game/articles/world-transfers
    Oh cool! Totally missed that one. Thanks for finding that Aevara!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast