We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

World Transfer service testing

Bullroarer is now open with the same build as current live because we would love your feedback and bug reports on our new launcher-based world transfer service. For right now, you can only copy from any live world to Bullroarer.
    • While you are logging in to Bullroarer, you will notice a new "Transfer" button on your launcher.
    • Press this button and you will see a list of all live worlds plus Bullroarer and Palantir. Next to each world is listed the number of characters on that world.
    • Choose a world to copy characters or account shared items from (in the future you will also be able to transfer from one live world to another, but for now only copies are allowed).
    • Select Characters / account shared items
    • Select a destination server (you should only see copy to Bullroarer as a choice currently)
    • Confirm your selection
    • Wait a few minutes for an email confirmation that your transfer is complete or has run into difficulties.
    • Login to Bullroarer and make sure your character and account items are all there.
    • EDIT: You can now transfer characters to Palantir and then back to Bullroarer. This will allow you to test housing decoration, purchase price, and kinship transfers. You will need to purchase a house or create a kinship on Bullroarer in order to try out the full transfer service. Please note - we are aware of a bug with housing storage transfers. To avoid losing bound items in housing storage, you should transfer your account items first (by itself). Then transfer your house owner by themselves. Finally transfer everything else.

We would particularly love any information you can provide about the following:
    1. How long did your copy take?
    2. What time / date did you try to copy?
    3. Were you copying characters only, account items only, or both?
    4. Did you encounter any problems?
    5. Was anything missing when you logged into Bullroarer (please file a bug if so)?
    6. Was anything particularly confusing or difficult?

NOTES:
    • This transfer / copy process will prevent you from logging on to live worlds for a short time while the copy is underway. You will not be locked out for more than 10 minutes
    • Items on Housing hooks, house purchase cost, and housing prepaid upkeep are not included in a character copy (even though they would be included in a character transfer).
    • Kinship membership / leadership / housing are not part of a character copy (even though they would be included in a character transfer)
    • If you don't get an email confirmation within 10 minutes, login to Bullroarer and see what is there, file a bug report, and go back to playing on Live :-).
    • If you delete characters on Bullroarer - they still exist in the Bullroarer database. You will NOT be able to copy the same characters onto Bullroarer again until we wipe the database.
    Last edited by Tybur; Aug 07 2015 at 06:35 PM.

No one has been able to connect to the patch server on BR for a few days at least (I've been trying daily for a week?). I was anticipating some testing of this service and was looking for a new build, but instead discovered this issue.

Hope you work it out

EDIT - so we can't test leaving items in our house? That'll be me shifting them all into storage then.
    All posts to be taken with a pinch of tasty salt.... preferably rubbed on a Tater

I'm sorry - We tried to re-enable the Bullroarer patch servers this evening, but they do not appear to be working. We will continue working on the issue, and hopefully Bullroarer will really be available tomorrow.

I have connected to the patch server and patching currently.

Quote Originally Posted by celticladywolf View Post
    I have connected to the patch server and patching currently.
    Patching too.

Sergio :-)
    Moved from Riddermark to Landroval on 2/10/1015!

Already patched, copied and logged on but I seem to be alone

Quote Originally Posted by Belriana View Post
    Already patched, copied and logged on but I seem to be alone
    You could use the "Transfer" button ?
    Because it cannot connect to "xfer.lotro.com" (WSAHOST_NOT_FOUND)
    Last edited by Castorix; Aug 03 2015 at 10:15 PM.

patched, transferred, confirmation email, zero characters copied. I logged into an account with no characters.

Tried to copy everything, characters and items.
    There was no option to select an individual character so I selected all.
    Took about 5 minutes to complete and the confirmation email to show up saying it was a succesful transfer.
    Logged in to the character creation screen. Nothing transfered.
    Riddermark to BR.
    Last edited by KM3161; Aug 03 2015 at 08:34 PM.

Tried to copy. Got a Email 3mins Later with an Error. Nothing could be copied.

I patched, copied a character, did not bother to check my email. Went to the character select screen. Character copied. I was able to get in game. I do not have time this evening to play the game. No idea if there is a Crash to Desktop or other issue pending. Or if all my stuff arrived. I did a copy of the shared stuff and one character.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Tybur View Post
    • Press this button and you will see a list of all live worlds plus Bullroarer and Palantir. Next to each world is listed the number of characters on that world.
    What criteria must a character meet in order to be transferable? Any level requirement? Introduction complete (Novice granted)?

I guess we can expect some errors as this goes along since copies from US and EU servers at the same time will eventually result in ID conflicts?

Quote Originally Posted by Yula_the_Mighty View Post
    I patched, copied a character, did not bother to check my email. Went to the character select screen. Character copied. I was able to get in game. I do not have time this evening to play the game. No idea if there is a Crash to Desktop or other issue pending. Or if all my stuff arrived. I did a copy of the shared stuff and one character.
    Same experience for me, patched, copied shared items + level 8 character from Crickhollow to Bullroarer without problem, after login in the game all looks normal. Good job Turbine.

Sergio :-)

PS 1: Im trying now to copy shared items + 23 characters from Riddermark at once, its processing the request...

PS 2: Copied 23 characters without problem (was very quick).
    Last edited by Olgomil; Aug 03 2015 at 08:58 PM.
    Moved from Riddermark to Landroval on 2/10/1015!

Thumbs up Copy characters was excellent

Bullroarer is now open with the same build as current live because we would love your feedback and bug reports on our new launcher-based world transfer service. For right now, you can only copy from any live world to Bullroarer.
    • While you are logging in to Bullroarer, you will notice a new "Transfer" button on your launcher.
    • Choose a world to copy characters or account shared items from (in the future you will also be able to transfer from one live world to another, but for now only copies are allowed).
    • Select a destination server (you should only see copy to Bullroarer as a choice currently)
    • Confirm your selection
    • Wait a few minutes for an email confirmation that your transfer is complete or has run into difficulties.
    • Login to Bullroarer and make sure your character and account items are all there.
    • In the very near future (I hope) you will also be able to transfer characters / account shared items from Bullroarer to Palantir and back.

5. Was anything missing when you logged into Bullroarer (please file a bug if so)?

NOTES:
    • This transfer / copy process will prevent you from logging on to live worlds for a short time while the copy is underway. You will not be locked out for more than 10 minutes
    • Items on Housing hooks, house purchase cost, and housing prepaid upkeep are not included in a character copy (even though they would be included in a character transfer).
    • Kinship membership / leadership / housing are not part of a character copy (even though they would be included in a character transfer)
    • If you don't get an email confirmation within 10 minutes, login to Bullroarer and see what is there, file a bug report, and go back to playing on Live :-).

Everything was Ok with the transfer, it took less than 1 minute an I found everythng ok with my toons, vaults and shered items )
    No es oro todo lo que reluce ni todo el que camina errante está perdido, a las raices profundas no llega la escarcha. El viejo vigoroso no se marchita.

Quote Originally Posted by KM3161 View Post
    patched, transferred, confirmation email, zero characters copied. I logged into an account with no characters.

Tried to copy everything, characters and items.
    There was no option to select an individual character so I selected all.
    Took about 5 minutes to complete and the confirmation email to show up saying it was a succesful transfer.
    Logged in to the character creation screen. Nothing transfered.
    Riddermark to BR.
    2nd attempt
    this time i got individual character choices, selected what i wanted.
    Less then a minute I got confirmation email-which stated an error has occured with data and a ticket has automatically been submitted.
    and go figure-my character is now standing in Dol Amroth with everything.

[LIST=1][*]How long did your copy take?
    Minutes at most. I tested with 3 characters first, and an email came in 1 minute later. After that, I went all out and copied everything from Riddermark. I selected everything, and it copied over in a few minutes. It failed on 3 characters because those were the characters I had already transferred as my test.

[*]What time / date did you try to copy?
    Between 18:00 and 18:30 PST.

[*]Were you copying characters only, account items only, or both?
    Both.

[*]Did you encounter any problems?[*]Was anything missing when you logged into Bullroarer (please file a bug if so)?
    I thought I had selected the "shared items" when I selected everything, so when I logged on I was surprised to see all my shared items not there. However, when I selected it again to copy, it copied it right over and everything was there. I checked my shared storage and all was there. My wardrobe had MORE in it, because I also transfered stuff from Brandywine, so it came to 215/190 overflowed.

Going through things afterwards, I did not lose anything.

[*]Was anything particularly confusing or difficult?
    Nope. Everything was pretty clear.

Some observations:

- Michel Delving Bounders Bounty Trophies report "this object does nothing" when clicked on. I suppose that isn't a problem on live servers as they would work.
    Moved from Riddermark to Arkenstone on 9/29/2015!
    -----
    Disclaimer: The definition of "Soon™" and "In The Near Future™" is based solely on SSG's interpretation of the words, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "Soon™", "Near", and "Future" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Castorix View Post
    You could use the "Transfer" button ?
    Because it cannot connect to "xfer.lotro.com" (WSAHOST_NOT_FOUND)
    Ok, I could retry when "xfer.lotro.com" was pingable again.
    First try, exactly like KM3161 : no option, so I selected all and nothing was transferred.
    Second try : everything was OK

• Confirm your selection
    • In the very near future (I hope) you will also be able to transfer characters / account shared items from Bullroarer to Palantir and back.

NOTES:
    I used the copy service twice, tonight, in the hour before this posting. The first account was a small one with limited data. The second was one of my main accounts. The copy process took about a minute for each account. The copy was a full account copy, both times.

On the second account, I copied all of the available characters. My monster play character apparently copied correctly. I bought a house at the same address and neighborhood that I had live for this account. My purchased housing storage amount did not copy, and from memory, that's always been the case. None of the old house's contents copied, and from memory, that's always been the case, too. Purchased personal chest and shared vault space appears to have copied correctly and it appears that previously BR purchased wardrobe space remained available. Shared vault contents appeared to have copied correctly. Checking the Barter Wallet, it appears that all barter currencies, personal and shared, copied correctly.

The help browser acted as if it were under heavy load. A typographical error bug was noted in the transfer services' UI. The bug was reported.
    "No sadder words of tongue or pen are the words: 'Might have been'." -- John Greenleaf Whittier
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda
    On planet Earth, there is a try.
    Indeed, in a world and life full of change, the only constant is human nature (A is A, after all :P).
    We old vets need to keep in mind those who come after us.

1.How long did your copy take?
    2.What time / date did you try to copy?
    3.Were you copying characters only, account items only, or both?
    4.Did you encounter any problems?
    5.Was anything missing when you logged into Bullroarer (please file a bug if so)?
    6.Was anything particularly confusing or difficult?

1.took less than a minute
    2.11:00 pm est
    3.both
    4.had to do it twice first time didn't work 2nd time was smooth
    5.nothing was missing
    6.was very easy to understand
    Last edited by ejhjmjj; Aug 03 2015 at 11:16 PM.

I tried it twice. First time, the transfer screens had only 2 or three values you could select. Account and Transfer all. I got no email confirmation and when I logged in, I had no toons. Second time I did the transfer, I had many more options including a tick box for each character. This attempt did send an email quickly and copied quickly. Everything looked like it was there and all looked good, wallet, vault, and shared storage. That account doesn't have a house nor anything in the wardrobe so I could not test that aspect.

Tried on my main account. Got a fail to que error after transfer but I also did not quit the client. After I restarted client, it went right through and everything seemed to have transfered including housing and wardrobe.

Logged into my main account and then transferred another character from a different server. Everything worked fine, it was folded into the character select screen like it has always been there. I was able to access my wallet and everything was in there and accessable by the newly moved character. Email confirmation was nearly instantaneous as that character was level 5 and had nothing to move. My main account took a minute or so and that account has 15 characters with almost completely full bags, vault, shared storage, and wardrobe so a lot more data there.
    Last edited by Lagadelphia; Aug 03 2015 at 11:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tybur;7416459

[LIST=1
    [*]How long did your copy take?[*]What time / date did you try to copy?[*]Were you copying characters only, account items only, or both?[*]Did you encounter any problems?[*]Was anything missing when you logged into Bullroarer (please file a bug if so)?[*]Was anything particularly confusing or difficult?[/LIST]

NOTES:

1. It took about a minute to complete the transfer.
    2. It was 11:21 pm on August 3 2015.
    3. I copied 1 character only.
    4. No I didn't encounter any problems.
    5. I'm not sure if this is missing or if it wasn't intended to go with my character since I only picked 1 or my 2 characters to transfer. And I'm pretty sure I picked copy character only. But Marks did not copy.
    6. This was extremely easy to comprehend and complete!!

After logging into Bullroarer again, I noticed this. It appears to have added 1 gold to my wallet.
    Last edited by Jurny; Aug 04 2015 at 03:52 AM.

1. about a minute or two
    2. 12:14am to 12:19am eastern. Aug.4.2015.
    3. both
    4. 3 attempts total. it didn't work the 1st time. the 2nd time it worked, but 3 characters of mine did not copy over. their names began with v and w....not sure if that had something to do with it....also the 2nd time around, i got a message said my account got suspended...its not actually banned ofc but i got that message and was booted from the server. 3rd attempt, my 3 characters are still not there.
    5. Again, like i said in #4, 3/16 of my characters are missing. currency is all there.
    6. easy to understand

How long did your copy take?

less than a minute

What time / date did you try to copy?

I used the service at 22:00-ish on Aug 3rd

Were you copying characters only, account items only, or both?

I copied both - 3 characters from Elendilmir - and the shared items

Did you encounter any problems?

No problems or errors

Was anything missing when you logged into Bullroarer (please file a bug if so)?

Nothing was missing that I could find; I checked the wallet, shared and personal vault, shared wardrobe. My housing escrow held all the items used to decorate my house even though I had previously put them in the vault and shared vault about 2 months ago.

Was anything particularly confusing or difficult?

The process was remarkably easy to understand and complete.

I tried it twice from two different servers. Both times successfully. I waited for maybe a minute to email. Seven characters (with all currency in vallet) and all my items from the vault and house chests were moved. The only issue that I saw: some items are labeled as "bound to another account (rift cosmetic armour from skirmish camp).

I started Transfer at 1:39 am and at 1:42 am got email : note this is server time. All my chars 21 copied. Will edit this with rest of information.

3 creeps copied over with no problems they looked to have all in their bags.

shared storage all chest names have reverted back to basic names

missing 1 lesser healing drought in personal
    (this is no where to be found missing on br)

band of the brown wizard ( this is bound to the char.)missing on personal br
    found in shared

a polished claw of Endurance was missing on br in personal
    found in shared

wallets
    wallets had no problems

wardrobe no problems
    escrow no problems

I also had tried to up date Br's client a few times this week. Then again after it was open with no luck. It got stuck at 33%

I like the new features on the log in screen I think that is going to be nice. I also noticed my characters name in the email for the bug reports very nice change.

I would like to say I felt as if I abandoned myself as I logged in and saw the kinship disband and my titles taken away. Thankful for the GM that took my mind off this. I had a wonderful stay! Oh course I have always enjoyed helping here. I just hope with everyone else that it is as smooth on live as it was here today. Bugs three out of four will bug the forth tomarrow, as it is time for some rest.
    Last edited by lockecd; Aug 04 2015 at 08:16 PM. Reason: to fix post
    Landroval Yewlin level 140 hunter (7/11/2022), Gwenyan 115, Yewdalin 103. And Many Others
    Thoughts of Blessings for Each of you. Ask God to help you.
    Signup Date 3/31/2009

I just keep getting the following:

There was an error: Network request failed [HTTP response code: reason [Host xfer.lotro.com not found][3]

Edit: Transfer screen is now showing properly - just have to be patient (a virtue I'm sadly lacking in).
    Last edited by Alianne_EU; Aug 04 2015 at 02:49 AM.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast