We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 60 of 105 FirstFirst ... 10 50 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 70 ... LastLast
Results 1,476 to 1,500 of 2619

Thread: World Transfers

  1. #1476


    Have characters on multiple servers (including BW and Landy), yet got the same message... :/

  2. #1477
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    473
    Quote Originally Posted by spelunker View Post
    Will any moves made in the next 2 days count against this new policy before it's actually fleshed out? I'd like to move 1 character now, but seeing as its a real shot in the dark what other servers will be like without all the closing servers also moving around, I'd rather not make a move and then have it mean I can't make further ones on that character in the future without knowing what the full policy will be.
    No. Consider the transfers made until Friday part of the testing phase.

  3. #1478
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    310
    I have a question. If you don't fix the problem for those who has it during these 47 hours that are left, we will lose our open window and will have to wait till September/October? (whenever it'll open again)

  4. #1479
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    366
    Quote Originally Posted by Chodelet View Post


    Have characters on multiple servers (including BW and Landy), yet got the same message... :/
    Same message. I have characters on Brandywine, Crickhollow, and Arkenstone and none are showing up. Really hope this is fixed soon. There's only 48 hours to transfer and if you don't make it in the window you (probably) won't be able to transfer for a couple months. If I don't get to transfer my characters off of servers I don't want to play anymore because of a bug I might as well quit.
    Arkenstone: Blulum (r12 Reaver), Tumblytwo-1 (r11 Champion), Gnaral (r7 Warg), Gnarfang (r7 Spider) - Malicious (Freep) / Nefarious (Creep)

    R.I.P. "The Blood Hand" 05/21/14

  5. #1480
    Just saying, on my Lotro account I have 2 subscriptions, the one I use normally and one I got for a trial a long time ago. The one I am able to use the transfer service with is the trial one without all my characters, but it appears first and is older in my account.

  6. #1481
    Mine are only showing the characters I have on the servers that are staying, none on the departing worlds at all. Already sent in ticket on them.

  7. #1482
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    6,087



    I do believe..... (also with the YOUR and YOU'RE bug in the client) Turbine needs to hire some spell checkers.

    *Frowns at Vyvyanne*
    Moved from Riddermark to Arkenstone on 9/29/2015!
    -----
    Disclaimer: The definition of "Soon™" and "In The Near Future™" is based solely on SSG's interpretation of the words, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "Soon™", "Near", and "Future" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

  8. #1483
    Same problem, toons aren't displaying to transfer.

  9. #1484
    My main account doesn't have the worlds listed to transfer but my other 2 accounts they show up. LOL Go figure.

  10. #1485
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    473
    Quote Originally Posted by HellsGateTT View Post
    I have a question. If you don't fix the problem for those who has it during these 47 hours that are left, we will lose our open window and will have to wait till September/October? (whenever it'll open again)
    Yes, but you will be able to transfer then, along with anyone else who may not have been able to do a transfer in this 48 hour window. We have rewritten the entire transfer system. These opening and closing transfer windows are in order for us to catch any unknowns that did not show in internal testing and get them corrected before we can bring the new service online fully. Once we have corrected these issues, the transfer service will be available at all times as it was in the past.

  11. #1486
    Quote Originally Posted by Melaquinn2 View Post
    Mine are only showing the characters I have on the servers that are staying, none on the departing worlds at all. Already sent in ticket on them.
    The departing worlds aren't open for transfer yet - currently only the US servers that are staying are open for transfer.


  12. #1487
    Ok, I just transferred a kin leader from Landroval to Crickhollow. It looked like everything was transferred including the kin.

    I had two placeholders there. One with her current name so I would get a rename token and the other with her new name.

    I deleted the new name placeholder and renamed my character and then I wanted to transfer back to Landroval. The first thing I noticed is that in the transfer wizard my character name was shown twice (the deleted placeholder and the character that I wanted to transfer). Because of different login dates it was easy to select the right one.

    When the transfer was finished I logged into Landroval and found that I could claim the name from a long time inactive character. Hurray! The bad surprise came after logging in the character. edit:[s]The kin was gone and I only had a document in my inventory to recreate the kin. The problem is that the name is still taken in the database.[/s] working as intended


    Btw. thank you for fixing the proxy issue. Transfer service now works over web proxies.
    Last edited by Fratonia; Aug 26 2015 at 01:22 PM.

  13. #1488
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    6,087



    Here is the other spelling error that still wasn't fixed with this patch....
    Moved from Riddermark to Arkenstone on 9/29/2015!
    -----
    Disclaimer: The definition of "Soon™" and "In The Near Future™" is based solely on SSG's interpretation of the words, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "Soon™", "Near", and "Future" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

  14. #1489
    Quote Originally Posted by Fafoo View Post
    Same message. I have characters on Brandywine, Crickhollow, and Arkenstone and none are showing up....
    I can see Crick, Brandy an Arken but I have 2 toons in Dwarrow... which ironicly I don't see xD

  15. #1490
    Quote Originally Posted by saarlane View Post
    I can see Crick, Brandy an Arken but I have 2 toons in Dwarrow... which ironicly I don't see xD
    It's only worlds staying open that can transfer now.

  16. #1491

    and the worlds that will not make the cut...

    ...will be available for trasfer in (the often mentioned) 2 months?

  17. #1492

    New Transfers Lose Their Login Date?

    It seems that the servers must not refresh the login date when you are newly transferred. I noticed that you cannot add a newly transferred character to your friend list until they have logged in once, AND worse, you can lose your name because of this. I lost 2 names today that were named "Example" immediately after transfer, but later I logged in to find that they were renamed to "Example-1."

    Is this a known issue?
    *BOOP*

  18. #1493
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyvyanne View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by spelunker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyvyanne View Post
    For those concerned about the free transfer timeline between remaining worlds that we originally set to end on October 1st, we are adjusting this plan. We will no longer have a time frame for free transfers, but are instead working out a way for everyone to have a chance to change their mind on their destination server once before having to pay to do so again.
    Will any moves made in the next 2 days count against this new policy before it's actually fleshed out? I'd like to move 1 character now, but seeing as its a real shot in the dark what other servers will be like without all the closing servers also moving around, I'd rather not make a move and then have it mean I can't make further ones on that character in the future without knowing what the full policy will be.
    No. Consider the transfers made until Friday part of the testing phase.
    I realize that the original statement says that the change in the free transfer policy (between surviving servers) is currently being worked on. However, I'm unclear as to what this original statement and this subsequent exchange are suggesting. Is it that:


    1) The tentative end date (10/01) for free transfers is being lifted, and free transfers between surviving servers will take place indefinitely until some point at which all closing servers have been opened up for transfers to the surviving servers. ("We will no longer have a time frame for free transfers...")

    or

    2) Having a period of free transfers is going to be replaced with a finite number of free transfers (e.g., two per character) to be used whenever. ("...a way for everyone to have a chance to change their mind on their destination server once before having to pay to do so again.")

    or

    3) These and other options are all being considered.

  19. #1494
    Quote Originally Posted by Chodelet View Post
    2) Having a period of free transfers is going to be replaced with a finite number of free transfers (e.g., two per character) to be used whenever. ("...a way for everyone to have a chance to change their mind on their destination server once before having to pay to do so again.")
    I would like a clarification to this as well please.

  20. #1495
    Quote Originally Posted by SweetDemise View Post
    It seems that the servers must not refresh the login date when you are newly transferred. I noticed that you cannot add a newly transferred character to your friend list until they have logged in once, AND worse, you can lose your name because of this. I lost 2 names today that were named "Example" immediately after transfer, but later I logged in to find that they were renamed to "Example-1."

    Is this a known issue?
    It may be related or not but when I logged in my transferred character and checked the friend list for the previous inactive name holder (a lvl 22 hunter) I found that his name was the same as mine (no -1 added). So now we have two characters with the same name on Landroval? I thought that this wasn't possible.

    edit: I deleted the character from the friend list and added him back. I had to use "name-1" in the search box but the list only shows "name". Maybe a display bug?

  21. #1496
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    473
    Quote Originally Posted by Chodelet View Post
    I realize that the original statement says that the change in the free transfer policy (between surviving servers) is currently being worked on. However, I'm unclear as to what this original statement and this subsequent exchange are suggesting. Is it that:


    1) The tentative end date (10/01) for free transfers is being lifted, and free transfers between surviving servers will take place indefinitely until some point at which all closing servers have been opened up for transfers to the surviving servers. ("We will no longer have a time frame for free transfers...")

    or

    2) Having a period of free transfers is going to be replaced with a finite number of free transfers (e.g., two per character) to be used whenever. ("...a way for everyone to have a chance to change their mind on their destination server once before having to pay to do so again.")

    or

    3) These and other options are all being considered.
    #2 is the most likely scenario.

  22. #1497
    Ah, I missed the 'shuffle among themselves' part of that post. Time to get away from the comp for the day I guess.

  23. #1498
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    473
    Quote Originally Posted by Fratonia View Post
    It may be related or not but when I logged in my transferred character and checked the friend list for the previous inactive name holder (a lvl 22 hunter) I found that his name was the same as mine (no -1 added). So now we have two characters with the same name on Landroval? I thought that this wasn't possible.

    edit: I deleted the character from the friend list and added him back. I had to use "name-1" in the search box but the list only shows "name". Maybe a display bug?
    Please enter a bug report on this in game so that we can investigate the order of operations in this case.

  24. #1499
    Quote Originally Posted by Fratonia View Post
    Ok, I just transferred a kin leader from Landroval to Crickhollow. It looked like everything was transferred including the kin.

    I had two placeholders there. One with her current name so I would get a rename token and the other with her new name.

    I deleted the new name placeholder and renamed my character and then I wanted to transfer back to Landroval. The first thing I noticed is that in the transfer wizard my character name was shown twice (the deleted placeholder and the character that I wanted to transfer). Because of different login dates it was easy to select the right one.

    When the transfer was finished I logged into Landroval and found that I could claim the name from a long time inactive character. Hurray! The bad surprise came after logging in the character. The kin was gone and I only had a document in my inventory to recreate the kin. The problem is that the name is still taken in the database. How am I supposed to get my kin name back? It's not such a big problem for me since I could select "of Vanyar" instead of the old "from Vanyar" but I guess that other kin leaders would not be amused if they lost their kin name.


    Btw. thank you for fixing the proxy issue. Transfer service now works over web proxies.
    Q. What if I change my mind and I want to transfer back to a remaining world I just left?

    A. While you can transfer characters back at any time, you must wait 2 weeks before you can successfully transfer account shared items (shared bank and housing storage). Additionally, you cannot transfer a kinship back to a world. If you try, the kinship will fail to reform and you will receive an item in your inventory that you can use to create a new kinship of equivalent rank.

  25. #1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Cormaeg View Post
    A. While you can transfer characters back at any time, you must wait 2 weeks before you can successfully transfer account shared items (shared bank and housing storage). Additionally, you cannot transfer a kinship back to a world. If you try, the kinship will fail to reform and you will receive an item in your inventory that you can use to create a new kinship of equivalent rank.
    Thank you. I had forgotten about that. I'm getting old...

 

 
Page 60 of 105 FirstFirst ... 10 50 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 70 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload