We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyRogersMcFreely View Post
    Please give the Russian players a server of their own. I know there's room for everyone but BW creep OOC is just flooded with Russian to the point of completely taking over the screen at times and I'm sorry but that's not the language of a North American server. There is also not enough room to put them all on my ignore list. I don't have anything against Russians but what they're flooding OOC with is spam for the vast majority of the server, even if unintentional.
    Come on Roy - be open to other cultures.
    On Laurelin we have so much fun once finns, dutch, greeks, italians, spaniards, hungarians, even occasional croat start to QQ on all that diferent langs :-)
    The vast majority of us understand English and we write it on world/OOC 99% time. But for me (and I think other people) it is not problem when greeks use their alphabete there or when people that use cyrillic alphabets write a bit. You can always turn off (use filters) that chat window if you are so bothered by content ;-)
    Sralethin (mighty hunter R11), Sraleth (mighty captain R11), Burovran (mighty warden R9)
    Mlatimir (mighty reaver R7), Sralerat (mighty defiler R7), Sralerath (mighty BA R6), Vrtirepka (mighty warg R5) & rest of not so mighty alts :-)
    Member of Keepers of Silmarils on the Laurelin server

My heart goes out to all the Russian players and I hope you can find new homes in LOTRO with as little heartache as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Srale View Post
    I really hope you will be able to find a solution. Maybe some of you install beta client and ask questions - most of the time there is people from Turbine there. Or ask devs when Turbine staff have live streaming. We did find new CM is more open than the former was...
    We asked this question during yesterday stream (and many times, Russian community don't very patient), but all answer we got was about "don't know, it's developers' things"

But I hope there's still a chance to get some feedback from Turbine leads (or who carries on Russian localization question). Just let us know straight - should we wait for something?

Please give the Russian players a server of their own. I know there's room for everyone but BW creep OOC is just flooded with Russian to the point of completely taking over the screen at times and I'm sorry but that's not the language of a North American server. There is also not enough room to put them all on my ignore list. I don't have anything against Russians but what they're flooding OOC with is spam for the vast majority of the server, even if unintentional.
    It's great to see further comments about other cultures, but the most of our, Russian, flooders do not deserve it. Maybe, one reason - is sadness and resentment about closing our servers. But another - it's their game style, and it's unacceptably to disturb other players, especially when we're guests.

Sometimes their behaviour is a shame. And I'm very sorry about them.

A massive part of our - I mean, Russian, - community isn't... adequate. But the most of them will disappear soon. As soon as they feel the difference between Russian servers and Global servers - concerning VIP, GMs and community.
    Gilnaure Shrewmouse, Of Mirkwood. At your service!
    Landroval | Brotherhood of Steel & Radagast's Pipe & Watchers of Mindon | @Gil_Shrewmouse

Quote Originally Posted by Elennare View Post
    We asked this question during yesterday stream (and many times, Russian community don't very patient), but all answer we got was about "don't know, it's developers' things"

But I hope there's still a chance to get some feedback from Turbine leads (or who carries on Russian localization question). Just let us know straight - should we wait for something?

It's great to see further comments about other cultures, but the most of our, Russian, flooders do not deserve it. Maybe, one reason - is sadness and resentment about closing our servers. But another - it's their game style, and it's unacceptably to disturb other players, especially when we're guests.

Sometimes their behaviour is a shame. And I'm very sorry about them.

A massive part of our - I mean, Russian, - community isn't... adequate. But the most of them will disappear soon. As soon as they feel the difference between Russian servers and Global servers - concerning VIP, GMs and community.
    Hello, I was watching the twitch stream for the first 30 minutes yesterday and the answer you were getting was not 'don't know - developer thing' it was very clearly (and repeated several times) that Frelorn is not able to make comments on that situation. He wasn't being rude or dismissive - just telling you that he either does not have the information you are asking about OR he is not permitted to make comments on the situation. That is very normal in business, he can't discuss things that are outside of his authority.

That said you all have my sympathies! I mean that sincerely and I hope a way is found for the Russian community to find a home on the EU servers. There are going to be adjustments for your community though as it sounds like the game culture may be different between our 2 communities and between the way the 2 companies run their servers.

Lothhil,
    Brandywine
    'I'm a hunter, I have all the defensive capability of a wet dishrag' - Lothhil

Quote Originally Posted by Srale View Post
    Come on Roy - be open to other cultures.
    On Laurelin we have so much fun once finns, dutch, greeks, italians, spaniards, hungarians, even occasional croat start to QQ on all that diferent langs :-)
    The vast majority of us understand English and we write it on world/OOC 99% time. But for me (and I think other people) it is not problem when greeks use their alphabete there or when people that use cyrillic alphabets write a bit. You can always turn off (use filters) that chat window if you are so bothered by content ;-)
    I was visiting BW and saw real live Russian. It has been nearly 40 years since I studied that language and was happy to see native speakers/writers again. Let us welcome the refugees and give them some time and space to sort things out. In the past, I've been told, Americans and Russians respected each other as people (yeah, put the respective governments some where else :P). I know that if I were playing on an English server in a nation where English was not the mother tongue and had to abruptly relocate, I'd do exactly what these displaced Russians did. Find a new home and start searching for fellows in my mother tongue.
    "No sadder words of tongue or pen are the words: 'Might have been'." -- John Greenleaf Whittier
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda
    On planet Earth, there is a try.
    Indeed, in a world and life full of change, the only constant is human nature (A is A, after all :P).
    We old vets need to keep in mind those who come after us.

Quote Originally Posted by karakiri2 View Post
    Dear english community of LOTRO
    I can hardly imagine more terrible situation than we've faced recently. It is unbelievable to lose everything you have, to say goodbye to character, which was your alter ego for almost 6 years. It is clear that it is unpossible to Turbine Inc. to transfer all data to the servers, but I think that it is more than possible to give "refugees" their acquired expansions. It is hard to realize that you have to pay again for the content you'he already completed. I think many russians will be thankful if developers at least give some bonuses to them. It will show everybody that Turbine takes care of its players, not like our "wonderful" localizer Mail.ru.
    I feel such sympathy for you all - I also think that would be an awesome gesture on the part of Turbine, to give the already purchased expansions on the Russian servers to players starting again on our servers.

I support this as a long-term player and a VIP subscriber!

Lothhil, BW
    'I'm a hunter, I have all the defensive capability of a wet dishrag' - Lothhil

Quote Originally Posted by Eirika View Post
    Hello, I was watching the twitch stream for the first 30 minutes yesterday and the answer you were getting was not 'don't know - developer thing' it was very clearly (and repeated several times) that Frelorn is not able to make comments on that situation. He wasn't being rude or dismissive - just telling you that he either does not have the information you are asking about OR he is not permitted to make comments on the situation. That is very normal in business, he can't discuss things that are outside of his authority.

That said you all have my sympathies! I mean that sincerely and I hope a way is found for the Russian community to find a home on the EU servers. There are going to be adjustments for your community though as it sounds like the game culture may be different between our 2 communities and between the way the 2 companies run their servers.

Lothhil,
    Brandywine
    Indeed, I am wondering if getting the mail.ru data would be worth it to Turbine. There are contract details which we, as players, will never know that will complicate things. Yes, I think if Turbine does acquire the mail.ru schema, they'll find themselves with a 3rd mutually incompatible version to maintain, should they decide to try to resume a Russian service. If mail.ru followed Turbine's guidelines, though, incorporating their data may be possible. In the meantime, the displaced Russian players find themselves starting over from scratch.
    "No sadder words of tongue or pen are the words: 'Might have been'." -- John Greenleaf Whittier
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda
    On planet Earth, there is a try.
    Indeed, in a world and life full of change, the only constant is human nature (A is A, after all :P).
    We old vets need to keep in mind those who come after us.

Quote Originally Posted by cdq1958 View Post
    I was visiting BW and saw real live Russian. It has been nearly 40 years since I studied that language and was happy to see native speakers/writers again. Let us welcome the refugees and give them some time and space to sort things out. In the past, I've been told, Americans and Russians respected each other as people (yeah, put the respective governments some where else :P). I know that if I were playing on an English server in a nation where English was not the mother tongue and had to abruptly relocate, I'd do exactly what these displaced Russians did. Find a new home and start searching for fellows in my mother tongue.
    That were some really touching words. Thank you very much
    I hope the not-so-polite part of our community will filter off soon enough, and only the dedicated players will stay.
    And I wish that Turbine will figure something out, so we don't have to start from scratch, but anyway, thanks to this community for your sympathy.
    _______
    S.Y., Bolko the Spider-sting

First off, we want to thank those players from The RU servers who are loyal and wish to continue to play LOTRO and have decided to make the hop over to our servers. You guys are awesome! In the meantime we will have some information for RU folks next week, so stay tuned to the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Frelorn View Post
    First off, we want to thank those players from The RU servers who are loyal and wish to continue to play LOTRO and have decided to make the hop over to our servers. You guys are awesome! In the meantime we will have some information for RU folks next week, so stay tuned to the forums.
    In Soviet Russia, Ring bears you!

Even my Signature is trolling!

Quote Originally Posted by Eirika View Post

Lothhil,
    Brandywine
    Greetings! I didn't mention any kind of rudeness or neglect! I just meant "we did not get a direct answer". And I understand this situation - CMs usually don't determine the fate of the community (seems I'm too pathetic! ).

All that remains for us now - waiting. But someone already grows roots

And I'm, for example, waiting for the support response... My account "has been suspended" somehow, and without any payments this waiting will be very long, I feel

Wow!

Thank you!
    Gilnaure Shrewmouse, Of Mirkwood. At your service!
    Landroval | Brotherhood of Steel & Radagast's Pipe & Watchers of Mindon | @Gil_Shrewmouse

I'd like to chime in for those who are starting from scratch on Landroval, if you send me a mail in game to "Branden" with your class and level, I will send back a starter pack of armor and weapons to last you the first bit of lowbieness.
    If you give away gold bars, someone will complain they're too heavy.
    ~Landroval~
    .: Dannach, 118 WDN :.: Totes, 118 HNT :.: Sunhawk, 110 RNK :.
    ~Anor~
    .: Taika, 29 WDN :.
    I am the master of my fate. I am the captain of my soul.
    Might as well face it, I'm addicted to WDN

Wow. That's intriguing
    _______
    S.Y., Bolko the Spider-sting

Quote Originally Posted by Sezneg View Post
    In Soviet Russia, Ring bears you!
    LOL. I guess not very PC though.

I have always pictured Putin as a Boerning though, he's got the look that at any period of time he could burst into bear form and rip your 'ed off!
    Elendilmir - 95 Hunter Berenthalion - 80ish Burg Berendybuck - baby warden Berenion.

Worst Reaver on the server BerendyBash - R4

You're bringing some piece to our hearts. Whatever decision you will take- it means much that Turbine hears us!
    And special thanks to all players in this topic who gave us support and such friendly response !

Sorry to hear about the Russian client. I hope all of you find a new home easily. I've seen quite a few of you on Brandywine the last few days and while I don't understand most of what you all are saying, that's ok, I've been playing for years alongside Chinese and Greek players whom I don't always understand either. There's room for all cultures in LotRO.

Hopefully the info that Turbine has next week will be of some help. Regardless, welcome!

Oh thank you, Frelorn! It's glad to see that Turbine recognise us and our situation at all.

Though i wouldn't expect that enough RU players will migrate to populate whole server so no separate server please. We will play with players of global.

Ah sorry, i understand that not all russian are good at manners (especially now, when they told this situation is Turbine's fault, so some people are quite angry). Well gamemasters, i think, will help to accomodate to western community :P. Just report too fierce flooders and trolls. And again, sorry, there is storm of emotions we suffer right now. I think people will be more peaceful soon.

Wow, thank you! We appriciate it.

Hello, guys. I am a regular player with the Russian server Lotro. Here's a situation. Veins - not grieve as came some orcs with a white hand of mail.ru and burn our Server. And our people went wandering throughout Middle-earth, without a home, shelter and purchased add-ons (most offensive).
    I'm just very pleased that you are so kind to us and helpful.
    I know that our country is not in the best of terms due to any dirty politics, but we really do not want anyone evil and always extend a helping hand.
    Let me tell you, what are the barriers waiting for us during this transition.
    1. Price. You understand, we are not rich, we were here the other prices VIP status, but we bought at full price add-ons, such as what you have. But we are coming out with a delay of six months or a year, why we could not afford it.
    2. Language. We all speak Russian (obviously: D), but we have a lot of people who know English at the secondary level. But, it may be many enough to play comfortably. But this problem is solved with respect, Google translator helps x)
    3. Ping. We have a very large country and ping may suffer. But this problem can be solved when the cluster EU move to Amsterdam, we will have a good ping. No problem.
    But perhaps the most basic problem is some fear this transition. However, we are very surprised that you are so kind to us and want to shelter us. Thanks you very much. And if the turbine will provide some bonuses us, it will be just great! *0*

That such things.
    Dandres Deliamor, Russian fan of Tolkien, role-player.

Thank you so much! It is really nice to know that Turbine has payed attention to our problems. We will accept every solution you'll offer.

Smile

Thank you so much for you attention )
    susurration of morning stars (Mirkwood, R.I.P.)
    Asha

Laurelin (EU) - Soulway, Ernandir

Thank you very much

Seems like if the Russian servers haven't been updated since U13, then if Turbine were to take them over and maintain them, there would be a lot of localization work to do to bring U14, U15, U16 to the Russian servers. It's a lot more likely that Turbine would provide a mechanism for Russian players to transfer to EU servers. But Russians wouldn't be able to play in Russian any more.

I also saw in a Russian press release (translated by Google) that the "Eyes & Guard Tavern" has been opened up on the live servers until the shutdown date of June 1. This makes it more difficult to transfer characters from Russian servers, because they would have to be rolled back to their state on the date before the Tavern was opened.

Ultimately I doubt Turbine will be willing to pay the amount of money and effort necessary to enable transfers. The best they could do would be to offer incentives / compensations to Russian players who are starting over on EU servers. But even that would require cooperation from mail.ru, which they may not be willing to offer without being paid a significant amount of money.

Quote Originally Posted by EdhWong View Post
    Before it's too late, you should reconsider your destination server and choose one from the ex-EU server list in order to minimize latency between the server and your client.

Those ex-EU servers will be put in Amsterdam during the year. Nearer from Russia than the US east coast where all the others servers will stay.
    That depends on where in Russia you are. Russia is a huge country.

• Distance from Lavrentiya to Boston = 6,212 km
    • Distance from Lavrentiya to Amsterdam = 6,890 km

Nonetheless, you are probably right in that the distance in terms of network latency is shorter to Amsterdam for all parts of Russia.

Just my 2 cents, but I think this is a good opportunity for turbine to wrap a couple deals for this game the next few months.

1. For the next month or so, Publish all press releases in English, French, German, and Russian.
    2. Add Trollshaws and Misty Mountains quest packs into free 2 play for everyone. It will give Russian players the opportunity to reach lvl 45-50 during the transition, and grant more access to the game for new players. (most people get hooked on LOTRO by the time their quests take them to Rivendell).
    3. Make a 1 year VIP subscription $79.99 for the next 4 weeks. It will help add awareness and access to the new Russians with money to spend.
    4. Obviously make sure Russians can use their currency quickly and efficiently.
    LvL 100s: Beorning, Burglar, Captain, Champ, Guardian, Hunter, Lore-Master, Minstrel, Rune-Keeper
    LvL 85: Warden, Minstrel
    All my forum posts are my opinions and may not even be that. Also On Twitter: @leixicon

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast