We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

New LI System Q&A With Frelorn / Jinjaah

For those that are interested this was a great Q&A on Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/lotrostream/v/4010618

Devs would like to re-iterate that this is Beta. Nothing with the system is finalized. They wanted to get the release on Bullroarer as soon as possible to get it in our hands so we could play around with it and give them feedback. There is much tweaking that still needs to go in to the design before a final release.

The below transcript is a summary of my notes, if there are any discrepencies between what was said on Twitch by Frelorn or Jinjaah and what I typed ... Theirs is accurate !

1) Can you post all the legacy changes?

- Yes. This will be posted on the forums soon.

2) Will the new system be available for LIs level 45-99?

- This is a possibility. All efforts are currently focused on this being released for level 100.

3) Cost of the new system, will it be adjusted?

- Feedback has been recieved about the "costs" of the various items; Scrolls of Empowerment, Star-lit Crystals, IXP, Mithril Coins, etc. All of these things are being discussed and there may be changes coming; nothing is set in stone.

4) Tiers - starting levels, soft cap, hard cap.

- This is all up for discussion. We are receiving feedback and nothing is set in stone.

5) What will the future look like for Imbued Items?

- They will be with you for as long as you want. The idea is that with new content (updates) the soft cap and/or hard cap will increase.

6) Guardian AoE Targets, will there be a change?

- Likely there will be an increase.

7) Hunter Targets, will there be a change?

- Likely there will be.

8) Legacies, any chance of re-looking at the ones that changed?

- Yes, we want your feedback. Be specific and constructive.

9) Will cosmetics be released for our new LIs?

- This is possible for a future update. We like the idea, but are not sure how it will prioritize.

10) LMs - Issues with passives and DPS.

- Give us specific feedback and we will look at it.

11) Lag issues with some skill effects (i.e. LM fire), will this be fixed?

- This is a known issue and they are working on it. Likely not a U16 fix.

12) We are VERY skeptical of the Devs listening to our feedback and making changes ...

- Let our actions speak for themselves. Jinjaah has been pouring over every post in the Bullroarer forum. Please keep in mind that any experiences with previous LOTRO teams are not reflective of the current team, give us a chance

13) Will Crystals of Remembrance, Anfalas Star-lit Crystals, etc. have a drop rate increase?

- Yes !!! You will see these dropping in the next build in places like the Epic, New Instances, etc. So the ways to achieve them will increase but we are still debating the drop frequency.

14) How big of a difference will there be between 3rd, 2nd, and 1st Age with the new system?

- Essentially a 3rd and 2nd Age will be able to be equal to a FA but it will cost more time an effort.

15) Will there be tutorials or tool tips for the new system?

- Yes, we are working that. Also, Jinjaah is working on a Dev Diary.

16) Will everything you do to a pre-imbued FA be equal to doing it to a post imbued FA? Example, applying Star-lits?

- Yes.

17) If a level cap increase happens will the new LI scale?

- Yes.

18) Will itemization be fixed for instances?

- Yes. We are working on differentiating T1, T2, and T2C with the new instance cluster. These changes will happen slowly ... We do not want to accidentally drastically alter the system.

19) Guardian Force Taunt duration, will it change?

- We are looking at increasing the duration of all Force Taunts passively for all classes that use it. It is on our radar.

20) Scaled Freeps will not have access to LIs (like BB jewellery), will adjustments be made to make it equivalent?

- Yes, this is being worked on. PvP in general is being worked on.

21) Will there ever be a level cap increase again?

- No idea. We will see how things progress.

22) Can you imbue more than one LI?

- Yes, as many as you want.

23) How will passive stats be adjusted on LIs?

- It is in discussion. There is a bug with how this changes and we are looking in to it.

24) Could a yellow-line Mini get an in combat rez?

- Not this update, but it is a possibility for a future update.

25) Bridles, can they be imbued?

- Not with U16.

26) Is there a point to setting loot quality in a level 20 instance to Epic?

- Not sure, would need to check data.

27) Any word on adding more Beorning crafted gear?

- Yes, it was planned for 16 but did not make it in. It is coming. Also improvements to essence gear etc.

28) Any plans to do trait trees for Creeps?

- No. But there will be an audit done all Creep traits and changes be made to better reflect the current state of the game. In fact, Creep love is coming ...

29) Could legacy tiers be retroactively adjusted?

- Possibly.

30) Any plans for Creep scaling to balance the new Freep stuff?

- Yes. This is in the plans and we want feedback during the various Beta builds. Be as specific as possible, comparable data is useful. Go on live servers and fight it out, then go to Bullroarer and do the same with the changes. Give us comparisons. Give us data !!! Might even set up a PvP night with the Devs ...

31) Non-imbued gear can be swapped in and out with imbued gear and get passive bonuses. Will this be fixed?

- Yes, we are working on it. But we do not want to restrict people from weapon swapping.

32) When will the Inspired Greatness exploit be fixed?

- It is being worked on.

33) Level 100 craft recipes ... Any news?

- Yes, but not with U16.

34) After imbuing will we be able to change legacies without using MC?

- Yes. There will be Imbued Legacy Replacement Scrolls. You will see this in a future build. Likely in loot tables and/or given out via quest arcs.

35) Is the Burgs new Purge Corruption Damage legacy staying?

- Give us feedback on this legacy.

36) Mini's Rally CD?

- It is a bug and it has been fixed. It will be in the build tomorrow.

37) PvP Lag

- We know it exists. We are working on it. This is one of the reasons why we are looking at the new area. New servers, new data centre, etc. will all improve this.

38) What level range will the new instances be?

- Scaleable from 50+

39) What are your thoughts on Fellowship Maneuveurs?

- They need love. It is on the list.

40) Something about an LM bug.

- Send in a bug report.

41) Guardian Light Damage legacy seems useless ...

- Possibly. Give us feedback.

42) Will there be an Intro Stream for U16?

- Yes, working on it.

43) There are a lot of legacies that did not fall in the category of ones like CDs, why did they get replaced?

- We want feedback. Give us specifics.

44) Can the one-shotters bug in the Moors be fixed for U16?

- We think we have a solution. It is being worked on.

45) New PvMP map, will you be using the same set of building sets?

- To be determined.

46) Any updates on the Player's Council?

- WOW, lots of applicants !!! More news nearing the end of the month.

47) Any chance of a specific class set of feedback threads?

- Yes. But then please stick to them

48) Why have Guards become more DPS oriented (seems since trait trees)?

- Still feel that Guards are one of the best tanks in the game but we wanted to give options.

49) Do you know about the Creeps being able to get in to Grams?

Yes. We are working on it.

50) Are there any changes to the Mac client to fix stability?

- Yes, but keep giving us specific examples/data.

51) Will there be a character base wipe with Beta 2?

- Maybe.

The next build (Build 2) for Bullroarer will be tomorrow (Friday). There will be some minor changes, but major changes based on feedback will be in a future build. It is too soon to get them out. We are weeks away from Live ... we did this on purpose to get your feedback and work it in before launch.

Frelorn / Jinjaah: If I missed anything, or have anything above incorrect please let me know and I will correct it. Thank you for this, I know it has set me at ease with a number of issues with the new LIs
    Last edited by Proudcdn; Apr 09 2015 at 06:06 PM.
    Dadi / Tyrlas - Arkenstone (Leader - Rare Breed Kin)
    dadislotroguides.com

Thank you for the update and note taking, much appreciated.

RIP ELENDILMIR • Jingle Jangle
    Landroval
    : LAERLIN (Bio + Drawings) • LAERWEN • OLORIEL • AETHELIND (Bio + Drawing) • NETHAEL

Thanks for the transcription Dadi!

Hoping that the promises are kept I'm somewhat relieved, but still keeping fingers crossed.

Permanently retired. Was Kibilturg, Guardian of Imladris (then Landroval & Crickhollow) and ~40 alts.

Awesome, thanks. It looks like the devs have their hands full. I'm in full support of a long-ish beta testing period to get everything ironed out.

Thanks for the transcript! There's definitely some good news in there. Looking forward to the upcoming builds.

Quote Originally Posted by Proudcdn View Post
    10) LMs - Issues with passives and DPS.

- Give us specific feedback and we will look at it.
    So I have no knowledge of what is being changed with LIs with U16, but I really hope the issues of passives can be addressed for ALL 2-handed weapons. RNG sucks and I'd love more freedom in my choice of passives without having to make dozens of weapons.

It's very, very encouraging to hear that the devs do plan to incorporate feedback. I'll be watching for the list of legacy changes so I can give some more specific feedback, but in the meantime, thank you!

49) Do you know about the Creeps being able to get in to Grams?

Yes. We are working on it.
    I do hate when creeps are able to get in grams:-(

Also while it's great to hear creeps will get love and all still interested in time frames because in the interim Moors will be unplayable.
    Edited due to violations of the community guidelines.

Thank you for the transcription - I'll take a look at the stream later. Will be watching how things progress with interest.

21) Will there ever be a level cap increase again?

- No idea. We will see how things progress.
    I found this particularly interesting. This suggests that content being worked on at the moment is at our current level cap. Usually new content will start being developed well in advance of it's release - for Lotro at least a year? - no level cap increase during 2016, maybe?

14) How big of a difference will there be between 3rd, 2nd, and 1st Age with the new system?

- Essentially a 3rd and 2nd Age will be able to be equal to a FA but it will cost more time an effort.
    What is the difference between using a 3rd, 2nd and 1st age LI then? Because most likely the time it takes to get the FA symbol or the first age LI would negate the time it takes to get the 2nd age or 3rd age to be on par with the 1st age. Really pointless to get a FA in that case.

when will teh characters on BR be wiped so we can retrasnfer them?

ty ten characters

Quote Originally Posted by Tarlywyn View Post
    found this particularly interesting. This suggests that content being worked on at the moment is at our current level cap. Usually new content will start being developed well in advance of it's release - for Lotro at least a year? - no level cap increase during 2016, maybe?
    Well, adjusting levels of mobs and stuff isn't a big deal, see level adjustments of previous content like Great River. That's one of the benefits of converting all systems to a scaling model. But as I said elsewhere the changes of the last two years have made character level increases almost meaningless as progression is mostly handled by other means.
    Used to play: 85 Champ / Captain / Runekeeper / Guardian, Guild Master of everything but cooking.
    Playing now: Hellcat / King Tiger / GW Panther / IS / KV-5 / M4 Sherman and more

26) Is there a point to setting loot quality in a level 20 instance to Epic?

- Not sure, would need to check data.
    What? Is there a new dificulty or what stands "epic" in this context for? Have not read anything about it yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Thorondir View Post
    What? Is there a new dificulty or what stands "epic" in this context for? Have not read anything about it yet?
    Basically that question meant. "Are there gold drops in lvl 20 instances?"
    ~Dwarrowdelf (Bomb Squad)~
    Freeps: Vulcwen (R8 LM), Vulciel (lvl 100 RK), and some lower level alts.. Creep: Shadowweb (R6 spider)
    My ideas on how LM should be: [url=https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?543323-LM-revamp-reconsidered]LM Revamp reconsidered[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by Landor View Post
    What is the difference between using a 3rd, 2nd and 1st age LI then? Because most likely the time it takes to get the FA symbol or the first age LI would negate the time it takes to get the 2nd age or 3rd age to be on par with the 1st age. Really pointless to get a FA in that case.
    I think the cost would be the incentive. It will likely cost more crystals and scrolls to make them equal.
    dadislotroguides.com

Quote Originally Posted by Vulcwen View Post
    Basically that question meant. "Are there gold drops in lvl 20 instances?"
    Ah, ok .. Thanks

24) Could a yellow-line Mini get an in combat rez?

- Not this update, but it is a possibility for a future update.
    Keep dangling this carrot. I'll keep chasing it. Hoping.
    Former Chief of the all-hobbits Landroval kinship, Concerning Hobbits.
    Hobbit Minstrel--Rozalinde
    Aficionado of Chicken Adventures

16) Will everything you do to a pre-imbued FA be equal to doing it to a post imbued FA? Example, applying Star-lits?

- Yes.
    So a player can grab any identified 3rd age and use either their time, or their wallet, to make it the best weapon for their class through imbuing... I think this is an enormous turn for the better, away from relying totally on the RNG for the best weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Rufkin View Post
    So a player can grab any identified 3rd age and use either their time, or their wallet, to make it the best weapon for their class through imbuing... I think this is an enormous turn for the better, away from relying totally on the RNG for the best weapons.
    I like the idea of being able to pick a weapon based on how I like it visually, and know I can make it a top tier weapon over time, rather than being stuck with a FA I don't like the appearance of.

Quote Originally Posted by Rufkin View Post
    Check the DPS and passives. They were different in the first build.

Quote Originally Posted by Scirocco View Post
    Check the DPS and passives. They were different in the first build.
    They still are.
    dadislotroguides.com

how and where exactly do they want you to give specifics about some of the questions that they asked for?
    Do Not Meddle in the Affairs of Wizards, For They Are subtle and Quick To Anger.

Arkenstone ~ R9 RiseAgainst Reaver ~ R9 PowerWolf Warleader ~ R11 Armdyl LoreMaster

This makes no sense to me at all, and is a complete shift from the current style of LI design. The current system has always made SA/FA the more powerful option, but require a longer and more expensive process to get there. This ranges from cost in gold/marks/time to get a symbol, increased cd time for crafting, more ixp needed to level, etc. It makes no sense to me that, of all the things they could choose to change, that this would be one of them. The whole point of having seperate age items is that SA/FA are rarer and more powerful.

Ultimately I think they should, if the imbuing model remains the same, give SA a one tier higher max and FA two tiers higher. Then make all 3 ages upon imbuing convert to the same tier, so that for the casual player who isn't truly maxing their LIs the power is roughly even, but those willing to put the effort (or money i suppose...) in will result in a slightly more powerful item. Additionally I would retain the current ixp model and have SA/FA cost slightly more ixp per tier (say 30k/35k/40k splits for 3A/SA/FA where its currently 30k for all) to again retain somewhat the extra effort/cost in leveling the "stronger" item.

Quote Originally Posted by Undertakerxx View Post
    how and where exactly do they want you to give specifics about some of the questions that they asked for?
    On the Bullroarer forums in the LI Specific Sticky Thread located here: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...egendary-Items
    dadislotroguides.com

Quote Originally Posted by Malathran View Post
    This makes no sense to me at all, and is a complete shift from the current style of LI design. The current system has always made SA/FA the more powerful option, but require a longer and more expensive process to get there. This ranges from cost in gold/marks/time to get a symbol, increased cd time for crafting, more ixp needed to level, etc. It makes no sense to me that, of all the things they could choose to change, that this would be one of them. The whole point of having seperate age items is that SA/FA are rarer and more powerful.

Ultimately I think they should, if the imbuing model remains the same, give SA a one tier higher max and FA two tiers higher. Then make all 3 ages upon imbuing convert to the same tier, so that for the casual player who isn't truly maxing their LIs the power is roughly even, but those willing to put the effort (or money i suppose...) in will result in a slightly more powerful item. Additionally I would retain the current ixp model and have SA/FA cost slightly more ixp per tier (say 30k/35k/40k splits for 3A/SA/FA where its currently 30k for all) to again retain somewhat the extra effort/cost in leveling the "stronger" item.
    If they follow through with what they said in answer to that question, the somewhat extra effort/cost is placed in an area that requires zero RNG. Luck should have no say in how good your weapon can be in the end. It should grow to the maximum any weapon could possibly reach based off of your effort, not your luck. That is much more reasonable to me.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast