We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Osgiliath Instances Essence Armour

Please remember that this is on Bullroarer, let along the first build: Eveything is subject to change including stats/cosmetics.

With Beta 1.1 we have seen the introduction of the essence armour sets into the beta build of the game. Screenshots below for each.

HEAVY

MEDIUM

LIGHT

Also the various jewelry obtainable, however stats are unfinished as teals share the same stats as golds

-O_P

Awesome, thanks for posting this. Looking forward to collecting some of these items on live. They look very useful, although the stats are a little mixed up at the moment!
    "This is most unexpected, though perhaps not quite as surprising as it might have been."

Looks nice indeed, but what I am wondering is if we're gonna have some more possibilities to actually earn new essences? Not to speak of any new (improved) essences? Not talking about the class ones, just the ones introduced with U14. For now these can be obtained through DA silver pieces, by finishing DA dailies (gamble barter) and as random drops from BBs. It would be very nice if their obtainability throughout Eastern Gondor (and Central Gondor) would be strongly improved.

2 sets of Essence bracelets. And a neck too...

Guess I need to start stalking the AH for Morales again.

My guardian tank and Beorning just got really excited for 5 slot armor and no base stat =)
    LvL 100s: Beorning, Burglar, Captain, Champ, Guardian, Hunter, Lore-Master, Minstrel, Rune-Keeper
    LvL 85: Warden, Minstrel
    All my forum posts are my opinions and may not even be that. Also On Twitter: @leixicon

based off of the Main Stat, the Names of both sets of Wilful Defiance and Skilled Defiance should be swapped.
    Member of the Vocal Minority

where are those jewelry form and armour? where we get them?
    *150k subs*
    *Over 10million Views*

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaU...6u1Sg/featured

Having no base stat is nice for Beornings which have complained that the DA Essence Armour has +Agility which Beornings don't use. But the lack of the base stat really takes away from the fact that these are actually 5 slot. The base stat on the Dol Amroth Armour was the 5th slot. If I have to now put in a +Agility Essence on all of my Warden's Tanking gear, I don't really gain that much. I would rather see this armour have appropriate base stats in addition to the 5 Essence slots so that it feels progressive. Honestly, without the base stat and option for gaining an extra essence slot, I'm not going through the effort of remaking all my essence armour. If there are Second Generation Essences out there that do exceed those currently available on live, then this might be another story. But currently the 5 slot Essence Armour from Osgiliath is lack luster in my opinion. All we are truly getting is a minimal increase in Armour Rating and a new grind/money grab from Turbine since we will need those Essence Reclamation Scrolls.

I think most DPS agility classes will drop the base stat gear from Dol Amroth for the supreme physical mastery essences with morale in the 5 slot gear.

So tanks, and agility classes will likely switch up for it.

I was hoping for new cosmetics for them though =)
    LvL 100s: Beorning, Burglar, Captain, Champ, Guardian, Hunter, Lore-Master, Minstrel, Rune-Keeper
    All my forum posts are my opinions and may not even be that. Also On Twitter: @leixicon

They do have new cosmetics, and are shown here:

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...-U16-Cosmetics
    -Ajatus/Ajatank of Brandywine

Quote Originally Posted by legofreak11 View Post
    They do have new cosmetics, and are shown here:

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...-U16-Cosmetics
    Awesome! thanks! x-fingers for wardrobe slots.

These armour items are potentially slightly better than from DA.

in slices:
    DA: 1.4 (base) + 4 * 1.8 (gold essence) + = 8.6
    Osgiliath: 5 * 1.8 (gold essence) = 9

9/8.6 => 4.65%

It becomes a little less than 4.5% if you add armour (mitigations) value to the comparison.

Thanks Gis.

Never managed to understand those slice numbers....
    Thorgull lvl 105 Champion - Malendar lvl 115 Warden - Estelldion lvl 101 LoreMaster - Ballduin lvl 36 Runekeeper - Nharduil lvl 17 Minstrel All on Evernight

Malenborn - Warden & Athanandor - Hunter on Crickhollow (Casual Wanderers)

Quote Originally Posted by AragornXXVII View Post
    Having no base stat is nice for Beornings which have complained that the DA Essence Armour has +Agility which Beornings don't use. But the lack of the base stat really takes away from the fact that these are actually 5 slot. The base stat on the Dol Amroth Armour was the 5th slot. If I have to now put in a +Agility Essence on all of my Warden's Tanking gear, I don't really gain that much. I would rather see this armour have appropriate base stats in addition to the 5 Essence slots so that it feels progressive. Honestly, without the base stat and option for gaining an extra essence slot, I'm not going through the effort of remaking all my essence armour. If there are Second Generation Essences out there that do exceed those currently available on live, then this might be another story. But currently the 5 slot Essence Armour from Osgiliath is lack luster in my opinion. All we are truly getting is a minimal increase in Armour Rating and a new grind/money grab from Turbine since we will need those Essence Reclamation Scrolls.
    Essence reclamation scrolls are exceedingly easy to get (150 stars of merit per), so that's not really a problem. As for whether they are worth it, well I think they probably are. You can't really expect a larger power increase than that without an accompanying level cap increase. And even if you just straight up replace the base stat with a teal essence of that same stat in the new armour that is till nearly 100 more of that base stat. Going further and replacing with mastery essences would be an an increase of more than 1500 mastery (hardly inconsequential). The inevitable expense may not really be worth the fairly minor gain in stats, but on the other hand what else are you going to do in terms of character development until the next level cap increase (sometime in 2016 theoretically). Overall though, I'm much more interested in those new pieces of jewelry because they could potentially be far better than the existing options (particularly for classes without very nice bb jewelry set bonuses).

Quote Originally Posted by Kostas2112 View Post
    Thanks Gis.

Never managed to understand those slice numbers....
    Well you dont exactly need be a genius to do the math. For tanks new armors are actually way better than old ones. But you wont really miss too much either if you just ignore them, not like any content in the game requires new armors.

Quote Originally Posted by Malathran View Post
    Essence reclamation scrolls are exceedingly easy to get (150 stars of merit per), so that's not really a problem. As for whether they are worth it, well I think they probably are. You can't really expect a larger power increase than that without an accompanying level cap increase. And even if you just straight up replace the base stat with a teal essence of that same stat in the new armour that is till nearly 100 more of that base stat. Going further and replacing with mastery essences would be an an increase of more than 1500 mastery (hardly inconsequential). The inevitable expense may not really be worth the fairly minor gain in stats, but on the other hand what else are you going to do in terms of character development until the next level cap increase (sometime in 2016 theoretically). Overall though, I'm much more interested in those new pieces of jewelry because they could potentially be far better than the existing options (particularly for classes without very nice bb jewelry set bonuses).

Agreed re jewelry. I am going to stay with the set bonus for at least one set. Strategically, I will be looking to substitute the off pieces first, which means no essence necklace (or pocket item) for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by siipperi View Post
    Well you dont exactly need be a genius to do the math.
    The difficult part isn't the calculations that Gis did in his post, but rather the whole slice concept that I find hard to understand (like why gold essences have 1.8?, where's that came from? is it a standard value that gold items have, or is it calculated by a formula?)
    Thorgull lvl 105 Champion - Malendar lvl 115 Warden - Estelldion lvl 101 LoreMaster - Ballduin lvl 36 Runekeeper - Nharduil lvl 17 Minstrel All on Evernight

Quote Originally Posted by Kostas2112 View Post
    The difficult part isn't the calculations that Gis did in his post, but rather the whole slice concept that I find hard to understand (like why gold essences have 1.8?, where's that came from? is it a standard value that gold items have, or is it calculated by a formula?)
    Basically, the stat slice is a unit that's based on the difference between the different qualities on regular gear (not essences). This difference is 1 for each quality tier (yellow has 5 slices, purple 6, teal 7, gold 8).
    Based on the stats that are on essences (and the fact the scaling functions for items are roughly known by now), we have determined how many slices are on essences, and how much a slot is worth.

That is somewhat clear if you see the armour pieces. A teal piece has 7 slices, and this armour has 5 essence slots, so 7/5 = 1.4
    From a previously determined formula (1 slice = ilvl /2 - 10.5 for all primary stats), we know that 1 slice of a primary stat (like will) is 85.5 at item level 192, and 87 at item level 195.
    119/85.5 = 1.4 < purple essence
    136/85.5 = 1.6 < teal essence

139/87 = 1.6 < first stat on gold essence
    17/87 = 0.2 < second stat on gold essence

I hope this clears it up a bit :P
    ~Dwarrowdelf (Bomb Squad)~
    Freeps: Vulcwen (R8 LM), Vulciel (lvl 100 RK), and some lower level alts.. Creep: Shadowweb (R6 spider)
    My ideas on how LM should be: [url=https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?543323-LM-revamp-reconsidered]LM Revamp reconsidered[/url]

Thank u very much Vulc.

Yeah your post was very helpful.

I found also this post https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...he-stat-system of yours that explains some things too, so I have to thank u twice.

Quote Originally Posted by OMG_PEANUTS View Post
    Please remember that this is on Bullroarer, let along the first build: Eveything is subject to change including stats/cosmetics.

With Beta 1.1 we have seen the introduction of the essence armour sets into the beta build of the game. Screenshots below for each.

HEAVY

MEDIUM

LIGHT

Also the various jewelry obtainable, however stats are unfinished as teals share the same stats as golds

-O_P
    Do you barter for it?